It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 8:35 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 268 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Check This Sh*t Out
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Positanos on 55th Street

Ohhhhhhhhh Yeah!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:35 pm 

BLUE PEOPLE please delete this thread

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:52 pm 

spanky wrote:
BLUE PEOPLE please delete this thread

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:05 am 

From the Observer, regarding Mania.

– Original card was Rock/HHH, Brock/Undertaker, Cena/Reigns, but Rock is now definitely out due to insurance concerns from the movie studios, and Rousey is definitely out for a million reasons, so that went out the window.

– Second card was Rollins/HHH, Brock/Undertaker, Cena/Reigns, but then Rollins blew out his knee and won’t be there either, plus they already did Brock/UT at Hell in a Cell.

– Third card now omits HHH and we’re left with either Brock/Reigns and Cena/UT, or Brock/Reigns and some mysterious other combination of opponents for Cena and Undertaker.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:10 am 

And this courtesy of reddit user Ebessan.

Who knows how much is true, but it's fun to believe.

Vince hates sneezing. When someone sneezes, he yells at them and tells them to control themselves. On the rare occasion Vince sneezes, he angrily mutters to himself and loses focus for a few minutes (Paul Heyman, on Jericho's podcast)

Vince once raced former WWE writer Court Bauer on an open highway. Vince boxed in Court so that Court was heading straight for road construction. Court had to slam on the brakes to avoid an accident. Vince sped off, having "won" the race by almost killing a dude. (Court Bauer, on Observer Radio)

I can't remember who the guy in question was, but I love this story so I'll repeat it anyway:
Vince went bowling with someone, might have been an NBC exec. The guy had done something Vince didn't like. Obviously since they were bowling, they were wearing bowling shoes. Vince sneaked off, got the guy's real shoes from behind the counter, tossed the shoes in the garbage and left. The guy had no idea where his shoes were and had to go home wearing the gross bowling shoes. Vince contacted him later and said "That's what you get, pal!". The guy wrote a book and said that Vince was the biggest jerk he'd ever met in real life. (I can't remember the exact source, Meltzer talked about it on a podcast. The guy in question might have been a friend of Dick Ebersol).

Vince, as a prank, had real police "arrest" Jonathan Coachman for running a betting pool at work. Coach said when the cop car finally turned around and brought him back to WWE HQ, he openly wept in relief and rage. (Jonathan Coachman, from an ESPN website article)

Vince got wasted at a strip club and let the hart foundation hit their finisher on him, and they hit him really hard. (Bret Hart, from his book)

Vince used to get steroids delivered DIRECTLY TO HIS OFFICE, both for him to use and to distribute to Hulk Hogan (this is public record, from the steroid trial).

Vince said something insulting to Kofi on a plane, and Kofi didn't do anything. As they were getting off the plane, Jericho told Kofi that if he didn't confront and fight Vince immediately, Kofi's career was effectively over in Vince's mind. This was how Vince tested his talent or something. So Kofi got in Vince's face and they actually got in a fight on the plane. Kofi still hasn't gotten much of a push. (Jericho's podcast)

This is more of a Steph story, but I love it so much:
Former 90210 writer Larry Mollin joined Stephanie's creative team. They were in a meeting with Vince. Vince was talking, Larry was nodding. Stephanie pulled Larry out of the room. She told him, "You need to stop nodding. VINCE HATES NODDING." She explained that if there's one thing Vince hates, it's "yes men". This is extra hilarious because everyone always says that Vince is surrounded by yes men. Poor Larry lasted just a couple of weeks (Larry Mollin, Observer Radio).

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:00 am 

That's great stuff. Vince is really the most interesting (and despicable) man in the world.

How the fuck did they not have Hogan vs Flair at Wrestlemania 8? No brainer.

I know the reasons given (didnt workout at house shows, egos) but you just cant not have that match at that point

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:16 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
That's great stuff. Vince is really the most interesting (and despicable) man in the world.

How the fuck did they not have Hogan vs Flair at Wrestlemania 8? No brainer.

I know the reasons given (didnt workout at house shows, egos) but you just cant not have that match at that point

Yeah the Hogan Flair matchup was tailor made (Red Rooster reference) with no buildup needed. Hogan's ego probably derailed some great match-ups over the years. In fairness to Hogan, looking out for himself certainly didn't hurt his paycheck, so I guess he made the right decision, but just think of what could have been....

Hogan v. Mr. Perfect (Was scheduled to take place.)
Hogan v. Brett Hart (According to Hart, he was told Hogan would put him over.)
Hogan v. Flair in the WWF. (WCW then botched it buy rushing into a match between the two that Hogan dominated.)
Hogan v. Vader did take place at Bash At The Beach, but it was god awful. (Vader claims Hogan wouldn't lose to him and didn't want to wrestle a Vader style match.)

And the legend goes, Hogan only allowed Goldberg to beat him because he was promised that he'd be the one to finally end the streak.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:50 am 

Hogan and Vince were a fucking match made in he(ll)aven

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:31 pm 

Tommy Dreamer on whether ECW ever went too far....

"In our politically correct world that we live in, no. You're talking to someone who actually wanted to get shot for real in ECW because I was hardcore, I could take a bullet. I wanted to hire a sniper and get shot, grazed this way (in the shoulder). Me and Paul (Heyman) were arguing about it for a long, long time and this was during the whole Todd Gordon WCW mole story. And I wanted to come back... we would have gotten national news if Tommy Dreamer got shot. This was before the whole internet... We were going to hire a sniper. So, anyway, me and Paul are going back and forth and he's like 'what if a bullet hits a fan? What if it shoots through your shoulder, goes somewhere else?' Again, not caring that I want to get shot but caring about if we hurt or injure or possibly shoot or kill a fan. And the voice of reason for this insane argument and this, seriously, this really did happen, was Terry Funk. He was like 'it will never work, it will never work.' And Paul was like 'thank you, thank you.' And (Terry) goes 'when my father got shot in Amarillo, the house went down.' And I was like 'what?!?' Because I was a guy who always wanted to do something first. His father got shot on television with a .22 and then they came back in a Texas Death Match. He goes 'if you don't come back and kill the guy that shot you the fans don't believe in it.' So that's why we never did it. Think of that crazy mentality, wrestling fans. I'm hardcore, I wanted to get shot."

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:42 am 

pizza_Place: Great American
Matches Malone wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

If my memory serves me correctly, they're burning a copy of either the Wrestling Observer or the PW Torch.

Oh, and killer boots on Hogan, man.

Just saw a clip if this last night, it was "the dark side of hulk hogan" they were burning.

"The black is gone forever brother. Hulk hogan will never wear black again. Sting I'll be your friend for life brother."

Mac FM wrote:
Did somebody say grass?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:46 am 

Councilman Les Whinen wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

If my memory serves me correctly, they're burning a copy of either the Wrestling Observer or the PW Torch.

Oh, and killer boots on Hogan, man.

Just saw a clip if this last night, it was "the dark side of hulk hogan" they were burning.

"The black is gone forever brother. Hulk hogan will never wear black again. Sting I'll be your friend for life brother."

Yeah that's right. Got my WCW memories crossed up. (Which can be painful by the way.)

Hogan did burn some "dirtsheets" on air on more than one occasion though.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:55 am 

Wait that was AFTER the NWO?

Looks like before. If not after the NWO what black were they burning?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:11 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
rogers park bryan wrote:

It was before.

When Hogan was battling the Dungeon of Doom in his "dark" phase when he wore all black.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:15 am 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

It was before.

When Hogan was battling the Dungeon of Doom in his "dark" phase when he wore all black.

I missed that

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:19 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
rogers park bryan wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

It was before.

I missed that

How dare you forget about the debut of the son of Andre the Giant! </kayfabe>

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:21 am 

Did they ever expressly say The Giant was Andre's son?

That's awesome.

I love that they got Hogan and thought "Alright boys, lets not rock the boat. We'll do EXACTLY what he did in the WWF, The Giant, Macho Man, Ultimate Warrior...."

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:27 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
rogers park bryan wrote:

That's awesome.

I love that they got Hogan and thought "Alright boys, lets not rock the boat. We'll do EXACTLY what he did in the WWF, The Giant, Macho Man, Ultimate Warrior...."

Most assuredly. His point in showing up was ostensibly to protect Col. Rob Parker but his stated goal was to avenge his father's defeat @ WM3. They did abandon that angle not too long into his early run though.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:43 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

It was before.

I missed that

Hogan was getting booed out of the building during those days. They had to try something.

What a shock right? Hard to imagine WCW fans down South never took to Hulkamania.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:57 am 

Don Tiny wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

That's awesome.

Most assuredly. His point in showing up was ostensibly to protect Col. Rob Parker but his stated goal was to avenge his father's defeat @ WM3. They did abandon that angle not too long into his early run though.

Remember when Hogan threw The Giant off the roof of a building only for Paul Wight to show up later that same night for their match with not a scratch on him nor an explanation for how he survived a fall that would've killed anyone else?

Edited with the correct link now.

Last edited by Matches Malone on Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:11 am 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:14 am 

Matches Malone wrote:

KOKESHI!

Honma is nuts.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:16 am 

Matches Malone wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

That's awesome.

Remember when Hogan threw The Giant off the roof of a building only for Paul Wight to show up later that same night for their match with not a scratch on him nor an explanation for how he survived a fall that would've killed anyone else?

Ah Halloween Havoc 1995. You never get old.

Seriously, who thought a monster truck battle on a roof was a good idea?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:20 am 

Jsuhin Liger creeper NSFW

Japan is a fucking weird place.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:35 am 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
Jsuhin Liger creeper NSFW

Japan is a fucking weird place.

I love how some of them kick out out of instinct.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:44 am 

:lol: Makabe kicked out and then looked around like he expected to be at Korakuen Hall.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:34 pm 

Nice little read from the Observer regarding Bockwinkle and Daniel Bryan, though technically, he was Bryan Danielson back then. Wait a minute, I guess he's still Byran Danielson.

"I can also recall 16 years later, sitting with Bockwinkel at the original King of Indies. Unlike most wrestlers of his era who weren't as open-minded to changing styles, Bockwinkel enjoyed the tournament that included some of the best young wrestlers of the time, such as Bryan Danielson, Samoa Joe, A.J. Styles, Christopher Daniels, Brian Kendrick, Doug Williams and Low Ki. As Danielson was wrestling Kendrick, he was beaming, talking about how when he was champion, he would loved to have shared the ring with someone so talented. He said guys of his era didn't like giving the modern wrestlers credit, but that Danielson was as talented as anyone from his era, which is notable because in his era, a guy the size of Danielson would have never gotten a push when you had to be heavyweight size (or, like Greg Gagne, the son of a promoter) to headline in a major money territory. When the match was over, he, Red Bastien and much of the audience stood up and gave both men a standing ovation. And then he left. He came back several minutes later and I asked where he went, and he said he went to find Danielson to tell him that in his heyday, he'd have been proud to work on the same card as him. The plan for the King of Indies, promoted by Roland Alexander in 2001, was for Donovan Morgan, Alexander's head trainer, to beat Danielson in the semifinals and Low Ki in the finals. It made the most business sense, putting your own guy over. The Danielson vs. Kendrick match took place on the first night. After the show, Bockwinkel went to Alexander, and said, "If you don't put that guy over, you're crazy," pointing to Danielson. Alexander had so much respect for Bockwinkel's opinion, that he not only changed the finish, but in order to make it make sense for his business, also offered Danielson the head coaching position at his school."

I think one can say, with a straight face, that The American Dragon was the best wrestler in the world at one point in time. It's a shame what injuries have done to the guy.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:10 pm 

Most definitely.

That's a cool little story.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:01 am 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:57 am 

WWE Network has added NWA World Championship Wresting.

Boogeyman Jimmy Valiant was on there.

The 80s were great.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:58 am 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
WWE Network has added NWA World Championship Wresting.

Boogeyman Jimmy Valiant was on there.

The 80s were great.

now that is great news!!!!

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 268 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next