It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:45 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 5:49 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
sinicalypse wrote:
we've seen just about every combination of main-roster wrestlers working together (and in the case of like, orton/cena or sheamus/anyone or now cesaro/owens we've seen it a billion times and enough already!)

There's nothing new under the sun: they had Rock-Austin at three WrestleManias in five years, and pretty much every other main-event pairing was run into the ground eventually.

WITH TWO ABSURD EXCEPTIONS: we never ever ever got Hogan-Austin or Rock-Michaels, and I think that sucks. If everyone could have put their egos aside, we could have seen both at WrestleMania XIX and the sheer bigness of those two matches would have made it the most unforgettable event in my life. Instead, we had Rock against Austin again, Michaels against Jericho, and Hogan against Vince McMahon in a garbage match of all things, and rather than the best WrestleMania ever, it was the one where I was like "I'm not entirely sure I need to commit to watching wrestling anymore, I'm bored." But without getting into too much fantasy booking, a Hogan-Austin battle-of-the-icons main event where Hogan goes over clean in Austin's final match would have been a nice end to the Attitude era: Hogan was the biggest name in the world, then Austin was the biggest, but in the grand scheme of things, the most famous wrestler of all time will always be Hulk Hogan, and therefore he would win. Hero beats anti-hero.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:49 am 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Nerd Culture is the fuckin' worst.

It's close to ruining everything.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:32 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
SomeGuy wrote:
Nerd Culture is the fuckin' worst.

It's close to ruining everything.

Agreed. I've been a nerd my whole life and I certainly don't feel like I've become part of the mainstream. I was never that into fantasy sports or comic books, so I feel just as marginal as I ever have.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:42 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Problem with Nerd Culture is the wannabe Nerds. They want to be nerds because they like that they are assumed to be intelligent at the same time. (See Leary for numerous examples)

Plus, dont like that Wrasslin' was stolen from my hard working Chicagoans from back in the day. Those who attended matches were far from nerds.