It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:25 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2627 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 88  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
You guys know I'm right. The IWC has killed wrestling.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Hockey Gay wrote:
You guys know I'm right. The IWC has killed wrestling.

Wrestling is alive and well. It's just changed.

There are hundreds of different promotions that will cater to whatever your idea of pro wrestling is.

From Reseda to Osaka, there's something for you.

The problem with WWE is they have writing staffs of 20-30 people and they can't create cohesive and compelling story lines.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Crowds sounding like a morgue for RAW the majority of the time is not what I consider wrestling being "alive and well". The WWE fucked up bad by going to the PG era but the crowds and IWC are just awful.

No one cares about all these independent promotions. It's all about the WWE.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:28 pm 

3 hours killed Raw as well.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:05 pm 
Terry's Peeps wrote:

What do you mean. Now we get a HHH promo in first, second, AND third hour.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Positanos on 55th Street
I'll give Vince all the credit in the world for Hulkamania. He saw the potential in Hogan and he capitalized on it big time. Everything else though, a swing and a miss.

Let's take a look....

Fresh off the WBF he was positive the Lex Express was going to keep the gravy train rolling and pushed him to the moon. He only reluctantly gave into the idea of HBK and Hart at the top when the fans and the feds forced his hand.

After the steroid trial the big idea was for Nash and Mabel to be the superstars on top whether we wanted them or not. Does anyone else remember the WWF from 93-96? It's a miracle they stayed in business with the crap they were putting out. "What this company needs is more Doink! And Dinks to go with him. Give me some Dinks dammit!"

Nitro and then the nWo take off and Vince was still pushing Hillbillies and other assorted "characters" to combat Turner. (McMahon has always loved him some big fat heels.) Had WCW been properly run, the WWF as we know it would've ceased to exist. Eventually, and with no other options left, he finally let the talent be the talent while WCW was WCWing themselves and he survived.

Fast forward to the Invasion angle and whether out of spite, stubbornness or a lack of creativity, Vince botches it and then follows it up by naming Stephanie the head writer and giving Kevin Dunn more power or the television product. Plot holes, logic leaps and vertigo is all we've gotten since.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Little Caesar's
Vince loves forcing stars upon the audience that they don't want. They don't want Reigns as champ. Half the crowd or so doesn't want Cena to live.

His biggest problem is misrepresenting these guys. They coddle Reigns & make him look like he's "The chosen one". No drama, you know he'll come out on top. Now that Rollins is back, maybe they'l make things interesting. Cena is ruined. He's too much a good guy outside the ring to do anything interesting w/ on the show. Because he's Mr. Make-a-Wish, they can't give him a heel turn. They can't make him a legit tweener. Now he's just an asshole modern day Hogan.

Kevin Nash has gone on record saying Vince fucked up the Diesel title run. He claims he wanted the character to be a bad ass, like what Vince eventually let Austin do, but Vince wouldn't budge at that time. Now whether you buy into Nash's usual bs, I buy this.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:55 pm 

Colonel Angus wrote:
Kevin Nash has gone on record saying Vince fucked up the Diesel title run. He claims he wanted the character to be a bad ass, like what Vince eventually let Austin do, but Vince wouldn't budge at that time. Now whether you buy into Nash's usual bs, I buy this.

I don't buy Nash here.

Nash is about Nash. I think he has always been jealous of guys like Austin and Rock.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:16 pm 

Baby McNown wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

nice to see you and Chas agree on something.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Baby McNown wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

Triple H hasn't been there since 'Mania...too much Steph. Need to eliminate the heel authority figure for a while.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:26 pm 

Money in the Bank.

Rollins pins Reigns clean to win the title. Ambrose cashes in his MITB win from earlier and wins the belt.

SHIELD match for the belt at SummerSlam.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:30 pm 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
Money in the Bank.

Rollins pins Reigns clean to win the title. Ambrose cashes in his MITB win from earlier and wins the belt.

Now that is awesome. I wish I would have watched now. I was too busy with game 7 and the Cubs.

I also like what they are doing with the tag teams.

I just read where AJ and Cena was a really good match as well.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:31 pm 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
Money in the Bank.

Styles/Cena - good match, more to come
Ladder- Owens takes a Michinoku driver on a ladder
Natalya turns heel and attacks Becky after they lose

Otherwise, pretty meh PPV

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:23 pm 

Quote:
According to the latest WWE return rumors, some former wrestling superstars are expected to hit the WWE ring as the Raw and Smackdown split officially takes place.

According to Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, WWE is currently communicating with "40+ year old guys to return for the new era."

It is being said that one of these returning WWE greats will be Goldberg, who is featured in the "WWE 2K17" video game and has long been a favorite by fans for a WWE return.

According to Forbes, should the former World Heavyweight champion make a big comeback, it will simply be for a one-time match, presumably at the Wrestlemania 33.

However, WWE is allegedly looking to have Goldberg for a couple more matches. In the event that he returns, it might not be as short-lived as some expected.

Advertisement
WWE return rumors also hint Kurt Angle finding his back to the WWE ring. It is rumored he will bulk up the Smackdown roster. WWE purportedly plans to inject him in the NXT tag team American Alpha, redefining them into Team Angle.

There are also reports that Rey Mysterio, who ended his WWE stint just last year, as well as TNA superstar Jeff Hardy, are all being eyed by WWE for a big return.

While the addition of these old hand WWE megastars is still up in the air, the projected return of Bray Wyatt is all but confirmed.

The Eater of Worlds is set to be back next month, shortly after Money in the Bank following a two-month hiatus due to an injury in his right calf.

Last but not the least, WWE return rumors hint of Randy Orton's homecoming. According to Mike Johnson of PW Insider, he should be back "anytime now."

Follow
Mike Johnson @MikePWInsider
Anytime now. https://twitter.com/wwecory/status/743140915703844864
1:02 PM - 15 Jun 2016 · New York, NY, United States
3 3 Retweets 3 3 likes
It's unclear how WWE will stage the former World Heavyweight titleholder's return or what his storyline will be. But the excitement continues to mount seeing that he will be back anytime soon.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:42 pm 

I hate bringing back old name guys unless they're used as a "name" strictly to get new guys over.

Bring back MVP as a mouthpiece/eventual feud for Apollo Crews.

Bring back Mysterio to lose to Kalisto.

Bring Angle back to "mentor" American Alpha.

Bring back Carlito as.....something.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:43 pm 

For the most part I agree with you there Speeps.

But I must say I am intrigued by the idea of Goldberg for a few matches. Wonder what they will do with him if true?

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:44 pm 

Goldberg comes back and gets Baron Corbin over.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:11 pm 

Makes sense why he lost on Sunday.

STAMFORD, Conn. — WWE has suspended Joe Anoa`i (Roman Reigns) for 30 days effective immediately for his first violation of the company’s talent wellness policy.

Reigns issued a statement on Twitter regarding his suspension:

“I apologize to my family, friends and fans for my mistake in violating WWE’s wellness policy,” Reigns tweeted. "No excuses. I own it."

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
:lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
For a guy the fans our sour on already, this is going to make it even worse for Reigns, when he comes back, do they bring him back a heel, cost Ambrose the title.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
They say he can still compete at Battleground, so can still have the Shield triple threat match

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:50 pm 

The triple threat needs to happen at Summer Slam. Not sure why they are rushing into it. This gives them the chance to set it up for SS. Have Roman interfere at BattleGround.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
Timing on Reigns is suspect although they claim it is a totally independent group making these rulings.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Makes sense why he lost on Sunday.

STAMFORD, Conn. — WWE has suspended Joe Anoa`i (Roman Reigns) for 30 days effective immediately for his first violation of the company’s talent wellness policy.

Reigns issued a statement on Twitter regarding his suspension:

“I apologize to my family, friends and fans for my mistake in violating WWE’s wellness policy,” Reigns tweeted. "No excuses. I own it."

In 1 day, Roman Reigns has granted more wishes than John Cena has his entire career.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:16 pm 

I'm liking the way TNA is putting together a talented roster- with Galloway, EC3, and the best Lashley I've seen, they now have Decay, Eli Drake, and Sienna. The midcard is not the best yet, but you can see the potential for development among those midcarders. It's just amazing to see how WWE missed the boat on Galloway, instead relegating him to the comedy act 3MB after his singles run as McIntyre.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:01 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
idk if there's a rolling raw thread in lieu of the OG CSFMB weekly raw threads (back when we had a speepsian ReVolution and KS/dropin (still my favorite indian first name) and whatnot) but watching raw tonight (fuck the HR derby. cant stand berman and i saw vlad win it once.... and yeah its hokey) they did a segment called "the rollins report" where they cut up an interview with roman reigns and had it like seth was interviewing him, but they subverted roman's original answers to have him "answer" seth's questions to make him look bad. it was legit comedy gold cuz seth is a fucking dynamo on the stick and prolly the best thing going in "the E" today. here's the obligatory screencap of the rollins report logo/etc

SOLID GOLD VINCE! DON'T FUCK IT UP!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Little Caesar's
sinicalypse wrote:
seth is a fucking dynamo on the stick and prolly the best thing going in "the E" today.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:24 pm 

Watching JBL Legends interview with Michael Hayes.

hard to believe that Hayes and Junkyard Dog headlined a big event over Dusty Rhodes, and Andre Vs. Hulk Hogan

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Positanos on 55th Street
RFDC wrote:

hard to believe that Hayes and Junkyard Dog headlined a big event over Dusty Rhodes, and Andre Vs. Hulk Hogan

JYD was a legend in La.

When he was "blinded", fans wanted blood to revenge their beloved Junkyard Dog.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:34 pm 

Matches Malone wrote:
RFDC wrote:

JYD was a legend in La.

When he was "blinded", fans wanted blood to revenge their beloved Junkyard Dog.

Oh no doubt. Just seems strange to say that he could go with Hayes and be above those guys.

Hayes is a fascinating figure. not the best worker at all, but could talk better than just about anyone ever. Freebirds were a great thing.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2627 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 88  Next