It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 5:32 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2627 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 88  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Freebirds and the Von Erichs was the best.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:44 pm 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
Freebirds and the Von Erichs was the best.

Such a shame David died when he did. Would be interesting to see how things would have been different. Hayes thinks he would have convinced his dad to merge with Vince.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Positanos on 55th Street
RFDC wrote:
Hayes is a fascinating figure. not the best worker at all, but could talk better than just about anyone ever. Freebirds were a great thing.

Cornett said it best...

"Michael Hayes was the biggest manager ever."

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:42 pm 

Listening to Damien Sandow on the Chris Jericho podcast.

Dude is great. I sure hope he gets another shot in the E. I really think they missed it with him. He could be huge if given the right push. He can work. He can talk. He has a great personality. The fans always reacted to him.

Frustrating.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:53 pm 

WWE Network has NXT (Balor-Nakamura) and the first episode of the Cruiserweight Classic.

Gonna be a SOLID 2 hours.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Terry's Peeps wrote:
WWE Network has NXT (Balor-Nakamura) and the first episode of the Cruiserweight Classic.

Fuck yeah

Far better than the ESPY's...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
sjboyd0137 wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

Fuck yeah

Far better than the ESPY's...

Having a hemorrhoid lanced is better than the ESPY's ... Jimmy V got out at the right time.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Little Caesar's
I wonder what kind of punishment Charlotte & The Nature Boy are due for being out together @ the Espys #BreakingKayfabe

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:32 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Casket match w/ Little Natch made up to look like Reid as ref.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:56 am 

RFDC wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Watching JBL Legends interview with Michael Hayes.

hard to believe that Hayes and Junkyard Dog headlined a big event over Dusty Rhodes, and Andre Vs. Hulk Hogan

JYD was a legend in La.

When he was "blinded", fans wanted blood to revenge their beloved Junkyard Dog.

Oh no doubt. Just seems strange to say that he could go with Hayes and be above those guys.

Hayes is a fascinating figure. not the best worker at all, but could talk better than just about anyone ever. Freebirds were a great thing.

I can still remember the Flair "shoot" on Hayes during one of the old TBS weeklies. Called him a poor man's flair. It was funny as hell. It was about as close to a real shoot that you could expect from one of the old weekly shows.

I was a big Bam Bam Gordy fan. He was by far the best worker of the Freebird crew. Buddy was just along for the ride.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:21 pm 

long time guy wrote:
I was a big Bam Bam Gordy fan. He was by far the best worker of the Freebird crew. Buddy was just along for the ride.

Bam Bam was one of the best big men to ever step foot in the ring.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:24 pm 

Matches Malone wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Bam Bam was one of the best big men to ever step foot in the ring.

Yeah he was a natural. And having hayes speak made for a perfect team

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:53 pm 

What's the deal with Styles? I'd heard about him for yrs but had never seen him as I don't watch as much as I used to and when I do its pretty much WWE. He has big time ability but is he going to get a big push from Vince?

Vince always shits on guys that have made names in other federations. If he can't make you then you're toast when you come over to the E.

Styles is already jobbing out against guys like Owens. Not good for his future prospects.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:09 pm 

He's in a main event caliber feud with Cena.

He's doing fine.

And Kevin Owens is the best heel on the roster. He isn't the Miz...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:11 pm 

And look at NXT to see how HHH views the business.

Brings in guys from everywhere and capitalizes on their previous familiarity.

Watched the Cruiserweight Classic yesterday and Mauro mentioned ROH, New Japan, NOAH, Misawa, and Kazuchika Okada on tbe broadcast. That never used to happen.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:48 pm 

Yeah to say styles is jobbing out is wrong. I think they have done a good job of using him thus far.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:58 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
Colonel Angus wrote:
sinicalypse wrote:
seth is a fucking dynamo on the stick and prolly the best thing going in "the E" today.

lol you're gonna offer up DEAN AMBROSE? holy shit dude IT'S DEANARCHY! HE'S A LUNATIC! OH MY GOD HE'S SOOOO CRAZY MOM'S TOTALLY GONNA FLIP IF SHE KNOWS I'M WATCHING HIM! HE'S A MADMAN DONTCHA KNOW?! JBL JUST SAID SO! HE'S A LUNATIC! OMFG DID YOU SEE WHERE HE POURED AN OLD BEER IN THE MITB BRIEFCASE? HE'S CRAY CRAY FO SHO!

to each their own, good colonel.... personally i think ambrose is boring as shit with his token "OMFG HE SOOOOO CRAZY" gimmick that he's basically slotted in nicely to fill the "boreton" role from the Man, the Myth, the Legend that is RANDALL. KEITH. ORTON. </stoneroses86>

btw, wtf happened to stoneroses86? you know, the guy who gave us "DEREK. SANDERSON. JETER." ???? pour some out 4sho!

also one more thing.... re: boreton, i gotta say that nowadays the only legit "surprise RKO" is technically a "non-surprise RKO" --- like seriously if he went and set up someone for an obvious RKO that would be legitimately surprising cuz we've now seen everything and the kitchen sink thrown at going out of their way to amaze us with the latest gimmick to end in a "surprise RKO"....

...OH NO EVERYONE DUCK AND RUN FOR COVER.... RANDY'S POUNDING THE MAT WITH THAT LOOK IN HIS EYES WHERE YOU KNOW HE'S GOING TO THAT PLACE.... ---- you know, just like dean ambrose doing that OMFG SO CRAZY!!!! spot where he dives headfirst out of the ring between the ropes to "surprise" someone outside of the ring with a "kamikaze" dive like that,

TLDR = ambrose is boring and basically has filled the traditional randy "boreton" orton role of the boring guy on the upper-midcard to main-event. "search your feelings you know it be true" - darth vader.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:02 pm 

RFDC wrote:
Yeah to say styles is jobbing out is wrong. I think they have done a good job of using him thus far.

ehhhhhh semantically speaking you COULD call it some kind of "top-tier jobbing", but by and large they've booked AJ strong enough aka "as a big deal" enough to where it technically doesn't really mean too much if he wins or loses because the results of his matches aren't really that important when it certainly seems like AJ matters in the big main-event/ish picture. that's a pretty legit step up from the traditional status quo of vince booking WCW/competitor guys as obviously-inferior to their WWE-mainstay equivalents (most recently = plz refer to sting)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:07 pm 

Colonel Angus wrote:
I wonder what kind of punishment Charlotte & The Nature Boy are due for being out together @ the Espys #BreakingKayfabe

maybe we start making fun "wincest" jokes about them like we did about hootie-hogan and his progeny brooke when they had those paparazzi pics of the hulkster lotioning up his teenage-daughter's ass during a much-needed suntanning session?

HOGAN KNOWS BEST...

...either that or they'll just script someone to bring up reid again like they did with poor paige =/

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:08 am 

RFDC wrote:

He's not jobbing out, but it was ridiculous to have him team with Jericho for a two - three weeks and then have them feud and then have Styles lose that feud at Wrestlemania.

He should've won the Rumble and then won the title which would've led up to a match with Lesnar at SummerSlam. But alas, Vince was in his infatuated with Roman phase at the time, so the best Styles got was the opportunity to make Reigns look good. Which he did, and apparently that opened Vince's eyes.

I'm sure HHH, just like every other wrestling fan out there, knew exactly the type of talent Styles was all along.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:08 am 

Matches Malone wrote:
RFDC wrote:

He's not jobbing out, but it was ridiculous to have him team with Jericho for a two - three weeks and then have them feud and then have Styles lose that feud at Wrestlemania.

He should've won the Rumble and then won the title which would've led up to a match with Lesnar at SummerSlam. But alas, Vince was in his infatuated with Roman phase at the time, so the best Styles got was the opportunity to make Reigns look good. Which he did, and apparently that opened Vince's eyes.

I'm sure HHH, just like every other wrestling fan out there, knew exactly the type of talent Styles was all along.

It just looks like to me that Vince is going to have him go out like RVD. I hope that is not the case he shouldn't be losing cleanly to guts like Owens. I know they have tried to push Owens, but I don't see much there. He is destined to be a mid carder.

They also shouldn't have Styles constantly have to depend on the 2 slugs to get him wins. He is too good of a performer for that. I think he can get over much more as an ultra talented heel that occasionally bends the rules to get pins. Having guys interfere in every big match involving him does him a disservice.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:39 pm 

Matt Hardy has the greatest gimmick EVAH!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJO8mpSUuVM

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:30 pm 

sinicalypse wrote:
Colonel Angus wrote:
sinicalypse wrote:
seth is a fucking dynamo on the stick and prolly the best thing going in "the E" today.

lol you're gonna offer up DEAN AMBROSE? holy shit dude IT'S DEANARCHY! HE'S A LUNATIC! OH MY GOD HE'S SOOOO CRAZY MOM'S TOTALLY GONNA FLIP IF SHE KNOWS I'M WATCHING HIM! HE'S A MADMAN DONTCHA KNOW?! JBL JUST SAID SO! HE'S A LUNATIC! OMFG DID YOU SEE WHERE HE POURED AN OLD BEER IN THE MITB BRIEFCASE? HE'S CRAY CRAY FO SHO!

This part right here shows how bad of an color guy JBL is. It's like he's literally repeating, word for word, what Vince is telling him in the headset.

"Say something about him being a lunatic, dammit!"

"HE'S A LUNATIC, DAMMIT!"

"Tell them he's terrible for the WWE"

"HE'S TERRIBLE FOR THE WWE"

"You're just repeating me verbatim, dammit! Make it sound natural, you retarded hillbilly!"

"DAMMIT, HE'S AN UNNATURALLY RETARDED HILLBILLY!"

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:26 pm 

Owens is better than a mid carder. That is crazy talk

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:37 am 

Anyone going to watch the draft tonight?

Daniel Bryans pop last night at Raw was HUGE. Dude is still crazy over. Such a shame he had to retire. Guy was the most over star since Austin.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:41 am 

Absolutely.

Weird having Foley with Stephanie as she seems to be the only heel of the 4 but maybe it'll lead to something.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:28 am 

http://www.wwe.com/article/new-wwe-anno ... 31321272=1

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:27 am 

They even fucked that up by not putting Graves with Mauro on Smackdown.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:11 pm 

Best Raw in a long time tonight.

Balor wins twice (including against Reigns in the main event) and will face Rollins at Summerslam.

Sasha wins the Womens Title.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:12 pm 

I think they see Balor as another Daniel Bryan. Or hope that he is the next Daniel Bryan

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2627 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 88  Next