It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:06 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2627 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88  Next
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:31 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
RFDC wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Finally had a chance to watch the first 3 Tales from the Territories over weekend. I cannot stand Greg Gagne. Dude was awful and only got anything because of his last name. Madussa even called him out on it :lol:

The Lawler/Kauffman one was great as I expected. Such an amazing guy who just loved wrestling. Hard to imagine he never cashed any of those checks.

The Memphis one was fun too.

The best part of the AWA one was Patera calling out Verne for basically being cheap and Greg getting pissy.

It's well known...Verne was cheap. That was the main reason everyone jumped ship.

Yeah that was fun. Patera is an interesting dude. He definitely threw the rock.

You know deep down it had to piss Verne off that Greg was so bad. He had to see it. He was a bright guy who saw a lot of great workers/entertainers over the years.

I bet he was super jealous of guys like Fritz and Eddie Graham who had sons who could actually carry the business along and not be brutal.

No doubt

The FCW and Stampede ones were pretty good, too (eps 4-5)...just watched Stampede the other night. Best takeaway...Abdullah the Butcher does a great Stu Hart impersonation.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:34 am 

sjboyd0137 wrote:
RFDC wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Finally had a chance to watch the first 3 Tales from the Territories over weekend. I cannot stand Greg Gagne. Dude was awful and only got anything because of his last name. Madussa even called him out on it :lol:

The Lawler/Kauffman one was great as I expected. Such an amazing guy who just loved wrestling. Hard to imagine he never cashed any of those checks.

The best part of the AWA one was Patera calling out Verne for basically being cheap and Greg getting pissy.

It's well known...Verne was cheap. That was the main reason everyone jumped ship.

You know deep down it had to piss Verne off that Greg was so bad. He had to see it. He was a bright guy who saw a lot of great workers/entertainers over the years.

I bet he was super jealous of guys like Fritz and Eddie Graham who had sons who could actually carry the business along and not be brutal.

No doubt

The FCW and Stampede ones were pretty good, too (eps 4-5)...just watched Stampede the other night. Best takeaway...Abdullah the Butcher does a great Stu Hart impersonation.

Yeah I am looking forward to those. A young RFDC was scared to death of Abdullah. Just seeing his face gives me a little PTSD :lol:

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:44 am 

RFDC wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
RFDC wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
RFDC wrote:

No doubt

Yeah I am looking forward to those. A young RFDC was scared to death of Abdullah. Just seeing his face gives me a little PTSD :lol:

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2022 11:25 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
AEW finally puts the belt on MJF, but it may be too late to rescue the company from Khan's horrible booking.

It does seem that MJF/Regal swerving everyone and cheating their way to the championship is much more pro wrestling than the goofy ass Metzler five star seeking little guys like the Bucks doing a hi spot fest with some random Japanese team that nobody knows or cares about.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2022 11:42 am 

Clawmaster wrote:
AEW finally puts the belt on MJF, but it may be too late to rescue the company from Khan's horrible booking.

It does seem that MJF/Regal swerving everyone and cheating their way to the championship is much more pro wrestling than the goofy ass Metzler five star seeking little guys like the Bucks doing a hi spot fest with some random Japanese team that nobody knows or cares about.

And the sad part is their moron fans being more excited about Twinkle Toes and the Hardly Boys coming back and using "Carry on my Wayward Son" as their music as if it is some sort of FU to CM Punk.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2022 12:44 pm 

sjboyd0137 wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

And the sad part is their moron fans being more excited about Twinkle Toes and the Hardly Boys coming back and using "Carry on my Wayward Son" as their music as if it is some sort of FU to CM Punk.

If Khan only put as much effort into booking actual matches as he does into picking theme music.

Anyone can book a bucks match, just have to script in 6-8 "superkicks", the 3-4 jumps to the floor (leaving in 5-10 seconds for the guys on the floor to move to the right spot so they can catch the 170 pound buck so he can land safely), 4-6 false finishers, and leave time for repositioning (especially love the odd indy thing where they both realize they need to move their feet before a top rope spot, so they stop, realize it looks stupid, and throw in a fake as punch) to set up false finishes.

The matches are predictable and boring, get five stars from Uncle Dave Metzler, but bore the hell out of everyone else because you have seen them do the exact same match 20 times.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:49 pm 

Watched the Tales from the Territory on the Dallas/Texas WCCW.

How in the world can you have this without having Michael Hayes?

Terrible.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:47 am 

[quote="RFDC"]Watched the Tales from the Territory on the Dallas/Texas WCCW.

How in the world can you have this without having Michael Hayes?

Terrible.[/

Not sure how they selected the panelists for the show, but there are certainly some glaring omissions, likely people that Dwayne Johnson doesn't like.

They seem to try to make the old school territories look more diverse than they were by having a female wrester on the panel, there was absolutely no reason to have Madusa on the AWA one, she had almost nothing to do with the territory, but they seemed to want people that would not say bad things about Verne.

This really dilutes the show, especially the one Polynesian pro where they went out of the way to protect his family.

The ultimate one would be "The end of the territories", where Vince could talk about how he systematically destroyed each territory, but there is no way that one ever happens.

Do find this stuff more interesting than the modern pro wrestling programs, especially with AEW in free fall, a lot of people had high hopes for AEW, but it has descended into a chaotic mess full of guys more interested in impressing Uncle Dave than producing a coherent weekly pro wrestling TV show.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:27 am 

The diversity stuff is probably it. That would explain having Chavo Guerrero on the panel instead of Michael Hayes. Chavo is great and his family is a huge part of wrestling, but they were not that big of a part of Texas. If you are doing a panel on Texas it has to include a Von Erich and a Freebird.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 11:24 am 

RFDC wrote:
The diversity stuff is probably it. That would explain having Chavo Guerrero on the panel instead of Michael Hayes. Chavo is great and his family is a huge part of wrestling, but they were not that big of a part of Texas. If you are doing a panel on Texas it has to include a Von Erich and a Freebird.

Have seen a few things with Hayes where he talks about how the Von Erich boys were always stoned and would screw up stuff all the time, not sure Kevin, who looks kind of like the Crypt Keeper these days, would agree to come on if things got that real.

Hayes was working the southern party guy gimmick while the boys who were supposed to be the clean living babyfaces in real life were the actual wild and out of control party dudes, you hear guys like Lawler and Flair talk about how difficult it was to work with Kerry because he would be so stoned that he couldn't remember finishes or would be so inebriated that he couldn't work.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 5:21 pm 

https://www.wsj.com/articles/vince-mcma ... 1672952709

Quote:
Vince McMahon, the majority owner and former chief executive of World Wrestling Entertainment Inc., plans to return to the company following his retirement last year amid a sexual-harassment scandal to pursue a sale of the business, according to people familiar with the matter.

Mr. McMahon, who has majority voting power through his ownership of WWE’s Class-B stock, has told the company that he is electing himself and two former co-presidents and directors, Michelle Wilson and George Barrios, to the board, the people said. The move to reinstate Mr. McMahon, which the board previously rebuffed, and the others will require three current directors to vacate their positions.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2023 7:41 pm 

Only a matter of time before Vince is back running creative and firing Triple H hires. Looking at you William Regal, Dexter Lumis and Top Dolla.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2023 6:59 am 

An interesting group of potential buyers, but the product likely changes significantly with new ownership, providing yet another golden opportunity for someone else to step up and create a competitor, maybe Khan watched his pappy launch the increasingly exposed fraud named Urban Meyer and replace him with a competent veteran who actually knows how to do the job and will hire someone who actually knows how to book wrestling and save his flailing wrestling operation.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2023 12:19 pm 

This feels like a Saudi purchase if Vince sells. More likely they do not sell, he takes back creative and runs this thing until he does.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2023 6:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2023 9:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Rumors heating up very quickly that Vince is selling to the Saudis, who will then take the company private.

“Oof” isn’t close to what the future looks like if this is true. Then again, maybe they’re gonna throw LIV-like money at the talent to keep them from bolting at contract time.

EDIT: rumors are being debunked (for now…)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2023 3:02 pm 

hearing sale is not happening.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2023 3:14 pm 

Wonder if the rumors of several leaving the company if it was sold to the Saudis had anything to do with this

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2023 3:43 pm 

youd have to consider the impact it would have to the brand; either as buyer or seller. wouldnt be low level talent and it wouldnt just be a couple folks

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 6:51 pm 

Can't see the Saudi's having much interest in females wrestling, and especially not thinking much of Vince's "Diva's" stuff.

Disney or Comcast seems logical, or even the Khan family, AEW already has guys that dress up in odd outfits and pretend to be wrestlers, so it's almost Disney already.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2023 10:36 pm 

Watching Elimination Chamber tonight.

My god is Sami Zayn over. It is like Daniel Bryan back a few years ago.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2023 10:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
RFDC wrote:
Watching Elimination Chamber tonight.

My god is Sami Zayn over. It is like Daniel Bryan back a few years ago.

Yep. Supposedly extra security in the building and bottles were banned for sale.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2023 11:17 pm 

Excellent main event.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2023 11:18 pm 

FrankDrebin wrote:
Excellent main event.

Yeah it was really well done.

I am curious where they go with this at Mania. Does the title match become a 3 way main event? Rumors of Roman facing Sami one night and Cody the next. Kevin Owens and the Usos involved.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2023 11:26 pm 

RFDC wrote:
FrankDrebin wrote:
Excellent main event.

Yeah it was really well done.

I am curious where they go with this at Mania. Does the title match become a 3 way main event? Rumors of Roman facing Sami one night and Cody the next. Kevin Owens and the Usos involved.

Maybe Sami/KO vs Usos for tag titles

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2023 11:04 am 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
Bloomberg is reporting Vince is asking around $9 billion

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2023 1:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
chaspoppcap wrote:

Watch Khan end up buying it.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2023 2:47 pm 

Cashman wrote:
chaspoppcap wrote:

Watch Khan end up buying it.

He nor his father have the money and I don't think Dad wants to leverage himself into more wrestling.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
just ordered a Cameo from Missy Hyatt

looks kinda rough

but it was 25$

i'll lose that later on an NBA over

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:56 pm 

Bagels wrote:
just ordered a Cameo from Missy Hyatt

looks kinda rough

but it was 25$

i'll lose that later on an NBA over

Man she was so hot back in the 80s.

:bounce: :bounce:

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2627 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88  Next