It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:05 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Wrestlemania 32
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
All right! We are just over a week away from Wrestlemania 32! Post predictions and thoughts here!

Post subject: Re: Wrestlemania 32
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
YOU FORGOT THE ANDRE THE GIANT MEMORIAL BATTLE ROYAL!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:46 pm 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
YOU FORGOT THE ANDRE THE GIANT MEMORIAL BATTLE ROYAL!

I know but we don't know all the participants yet...plus it has done great things for the careers of Big Show and Cesaro, right? :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
I bought last years because of Sting. Never again! It was fucking terrible!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 1:19 pm 

YOU ALSO FORGOT STYLES vs JERICHO!

You know Reigns is leaving with the title. I don't know if they will double-down on Reigns as a babyface (which will get booed out of the building) or if they finally turn him heel.

Ambrose will most likely lose to Lesnar but hopefully he comes out looking strong and can move on to other things post-Mania (like a feud with a heel Reigns).

No idea what's going to happen with Shane and Taker. Shane almost has to win for the last 6 weeks to mean something, but seeing Taker "bump" for Shane's weak shit offense is tough to watch. Shane will almost certainly pull off one crazy spot and damn near kill himself. The popular rumor is that Taker has Shane beat but lays down for and pulls Shane on top and Taker rides off into the sunset.

Women's Match should be outstanding, as this is the crowd that will appreciate what Charlotte, Becky, and Sasha do in the ring. I think Sasha wins and the crowd goes nuts.

AJ vs Jericho (hopefully for the final time) should be a solid match as well. AJ should go over and move on to a bigger program.

Hopefully Kalisto wins. No more Ryback. Please.

Krazy Ivan's favourite team beats the Dudleys I think. I don't really care though.

New Day will retain the titles against League of Nations (I WON'T CALL THEM "THE LADS" COLE!).

The Divas shmoz will happen as well. The best part will be looking at Lana.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 1:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
You bought a PPV to watch a 56 year old dude wrestle and were disappointed. Ok. The PPV as a whole was decent.

I expect it to be better this year. I'm looking forward to the Divas match. Three girls who can actually wrestle and with a real storyline backing up the match for once. Charlotte is a great heel. No clue who wins this one but all 3 are worthy. Hopefully they give the ladies some time to work. It has potential to be a great match and really change the Divas division.

Shane Vs Taker is interesting and should be the main event, in my opinion. No clue who wins this one but I assume it will be Taker. The storyline itself is pretty bad and rushed but with all the injuries I can't fault them too much for that.

Reigns vs HHH. We all know Reigns is going to win and the crowd will boo. This is why it shouldn't be the main event. Also if Shane were to beat Taker then it would be odd to have HHH come on afterwards to defend his belt when he knows he is pretty much fired. Reigns isn't as bad a worker as people make him out uo be, he's just corny as all hell with the superman punch pose he does and then the move itself. HHH knows how to work but he's never been a guy who could carry a match. It should be decent match but nothing special.

Brock vs Ambrose should be good. I personally can't stand Ambrose as a character and on the mic but he is a hardcore wrestler, that's his background. This kind of match hopefully forces Brock to do something besides 30 German suplexes. Brock is a great worker when he is with the right guy (Angle, CM Punk) and Ambrose in a match style that suits him should be able to get alot out of Brock. Should be a good one.

The IC Ladder match is odd since it's half jobbers. I can't stand Sami Zayn. It's nothing against him, he is a fine wrestler but so many wrestling fans and anti-WWE people think that every NXT/indy wrestler they sign should be a star and that makes me not like Zayn, fair or not. Owens is great and the best heel in the business. I have no clue who will win but I'd like to see him attain. Hard to have a bad ladder match with this many people in it. Should be fun

New Day and League of Nations should be good I know LoN get alot of shit but they've had some good matches. It will be a good match and New Day should retain.

Don't care about Dudleys vs Usos or Ryback vs Kalisto but those are OK undercard matches.

I assume Styles vs Jericho will be the last match announced which will be a really good match. Jericho is a great heel but we seen this match 3 times in the last month already.

Pretty solid card for all the injuries they have been dealing with. Looking forward to it.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 1:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
This one's gonna fight hard to be worse than IX was ...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 1:40 pm 

Don Tiny wrote:
This one's gonna fight hard to be worse than IX was ...

I would say XI...pretty weak card. Show doesn't look great on paper because of all the missing performers, but could turn out to surprise

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 1:53 pm 

The card is good, injuries or not. Only people who will bitch are NXT fanboys who think anyone wants to see Owens Vs Zayn as much as them and people who don't know anyone who isn't from the Attitude Era and want more wrestlers in their 50s.

Only thing that really sucks is no Rollins, who is the best right now.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 1:57 pm 

Prediction: Obviously Reigns is going to win, but I think he will get help from his guy Ambrose making a save (maybe HHH pulls out the sledgehammer and Dean comes to the ring to help Roman). After the match, both will be celebrating Roman's title win, and Reigns turns on Ambrose making himself heel, and setting up a feud that can play out over the next 3+ months.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:47 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
Prediction: Obviously Reigns is going to win, but I think he will get help from his guy Ambrose making a save (maybe HHH pulls out the sledgehammer and Dean comes to the ring to help Roman). After the match, both will be celebrating Roman's title win, and Reigns turns on Ambrose making himself heel, and setting up a feud that can play out over the next 3+ months.

That would be Best for Business.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:55 pm 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
Douchebag wrote:

That would be Best for Business.

What should happen is Rollins does a run in to help HHH only to turn on him, reuniting The Shield and guaranteeing cheers aplenty from the roaring crowd without having to 'sweeten' the sound from the truck. At some point you can pare them off to face/tweener/heel (Rollins/Ambrose/Reigns) to fight for the belt at Summerslam (if they can't wait) or closer to the end of the year. I doubt they could keep it fresh enough to wait until next WM.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Little Caesar's
Sting shows up, helps Shane-O-Mac, starts a year long thing w/ the Undertaker (in which neither will wrestle until WMXXXIII).

Shane goes on to take over Raw, which he'll rename WCW Monday Nitro, resurrecting the 10 year old storyline of the Invasion (t'is the season for resurrections).

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Tony Weed's
1039 Oliver Ave, Aurora
(630) 892-2772
No schmozz endings plz.

To start at the end, I want the Shane v. Taker match to be the closer, and have the entire locker room empty out and watch from the ramp.

Knowing the Rollins injury(and others) messed up #theplan for the original WM card. Can't help but think Reigns earning the belt and hopefully the crowd during the title match. Half the crowd booing Cena hasn't stopped him or his programs for how many years now??

Looking for the spectacle of the biggest show of the year, I don't see the Hollywood or entertainment types being involved in the event. The Rock saying he will be there and not wrestling doesn't get it done for me.

The card overall is solid and we can't get back one time happenings like the Rollins cash in and win last year and The Streak ending twoooooooooo years ago.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Rumor has it that Shane/Taker is last...which is best for business.

In a perfect world, Hunter/Reigns is "last", but Shane wins...and sends in Ambrose to take out Reigns and leave with the title.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:17 pm 

I will be watching.

I love Ambrose and look for him to have a good night. I don't expect him to beat Lesnar, but I think they are going to build him to do some big things this next year.

Shane and Taker is going to be interesting. I don't think anyone really has a good idea of what will happen with it. I hope Shane wins so that he will be around for awhile. I expect there to be some type of outside interference of swerve to take place. Cena involved perhaps?

Hopefully HHH and Reigns and AJ and Jericho are good matches.

The rest of the show I don't really care about.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:53 pm 

sjboyd0137 wrote:
Rumor has it that Shane/Taker is last...which is best for business.

I said it the night he came back and was roundly shouted down elsewhere for suggesting that the match for the strap wouldn't end the show.

That said the consequence is you can all but guarantee that Reigns wins clean if it's not last.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:54 pm 

Funny to me how everyone thinks there is going to be outside interference in a Hell In A Cell match; a structure that was initially used for Undertaker vs HBK to prevent outside interference. Then Kane proceeded to rip the door off and interfere. WWE logic.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 6:34 pm 

Hockey Gay wrote:
Funny to me how everyone thinks there is going to be outside interference in a Hell In A Cell match; a structure that was initially used for Undertaker vs HBK to prevent outside interference. Then Kane proceeded to rip the door off and interfere. WWE logic.

Cornette devised it so as to make people think there wouldn't be any outside interference while booking Kane's interference from the start. It actually makes perfect sense given its history, ya mizark. :D

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:15 pm 

Good read. I enjoy Ambrose. I hope they give him a huge push in the coming months.

Quote:
Dean Ambrose's wild ride from rejection to WrestleMania 32 star
By Denny Burkholder | CBSSports.com Staff
March 26, 2016 7:13 pm ET

Nobody recruited Dean Ambrose to become a wrestler. He wasn't a physical giant or a standout athlete. He was just plain-old Jonathan Good from East Cincinnati, an obsessed teenage wrestling fan who saw sports entertainment as an exit strategy from dealing with real life.

"I had a hard time going to school," Ambrose told CBS Sports. "I probably wasn't the most pleasant young person to be around. I kept a very tight circle of trusted people. I still kind of am like that today."

Nothing in his day-to-day slog inspired him as much as the action he saw in the ring.

"For me, wrestling was an escape. It was like a way out."

It wasn't easy, but Ambrose eventually became a bonafide WWE superstar who is now among the most popular performers on the roster. On April 3, he will face Brock Lesnar in a no holds barred street fight, one of the marquee matches at WrestleMania 32, which the company hopes sets an attendance record at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas.

Nicknamed "The Lunatic Fringe," his WWE personality isn't all that different from his real one.

On WWE programming, Ambrose doesn't sit around waiting for good fortune. He shows up at the front door unannounced. He invites his opponent's best shot with a sneer and a smirk. He attacks. He creates his own opportunities.

That's why fans love Ambrose. That's also how he made it to WWE. Tenacious and determined, he simply refused to be ignored.

"I wasn't 'gifted' in the way that Brock Lesnar or Roman Reigns or somebody like that is gifted, in that they got the physical attributes and so forth," Ambrose said. "I don't have particular born-in talents and abilities, [but I have] an aptitude for this that a lot of people don't have, just [from] being a student of this."

Nothing enthralled Ambrose in his formative years more than pro wrestling. He devoured countless hours of wrestling footage on videotape. Soon, he concluded that the wild and colorful world inside his TV screen would be a great place to build his future.

"It was like a life on the other side of this," Ambrose said. "This green, sprawling Land of Oz that is pro wrestling. You just imagine, 'What would it be like to be a pro wrestler? What do they do every day? They just go out there and... wrestle.'"

In 2003, Ambrose found his entry point: An ad for a wrestling school run by old-school grappler Les Thatcher. Ambrose reached out to Thatcher right away.

"[Thatcher] was like, 'You gotta be 18 and get on the weights and get on a training program and get your degree' and everything," Ambrose said. "I didn't want to hear any of this. So I just showed up [at Thatcher's school]. I initially lied when I first got there. I was like 'Yeah, I'm 18.'"

Ambrose bluffed his way into the building long enough to watch some wrestlers in training. Before long, Ambrose confessed his fib.

"It was the coolest thing I had ever seen, just people doing drills," Ambrose said. "I was mesmerized. And he was going on his spiel, talking about what goes into it and so forth, whatever. Then, you know, [Thatcher said] 'Would you want to pay up front?' or whatever. I was like 'Oh, well uh, yeah, I don't have any money and I'm not 18.'"

But Ambrose refused to go away, hanging around the school until they put him to work doing odd jobs like selling popcorn and working on the ring crew. Inevitably, Ambrose became a trainee himself. When he wasn't at the school or working, he was often home, immersing himself in wrestling footage.

"I'd been studying wrestling from all over the world, going through stacks of tapes," he said. "I'd get off work at 7 in the morning, come home, and be like just watching wrestling for hours, then go to training later that day and try to implement what I learned that weekend."

By 2004, Ambrose -- then working under the name Jon Moxley -- was a real-life pro wrestler on the independent circuit. He became one of the most successful indy wrestlers in the U.S., but it was a far cry from the glorious life he had imagined when he was a teen. The paychecks were modest. The travel was brutal. Instead of performing in spacious arenas in big cities, he sometimes wrestled in high school gymnasiums in the middle of nowhere. Ambrose's tenacity and refusal to quit saw him through.

"A lot of it is just learning to eat crap and just deal with it," he said. "If you're a spoiled person coming into the business the way I did, you won't last very long. It was very easy for me to just kind of slum my way up through the dredges of wrestling until I got here. That's just the kind of person I am. It's where I come from. Just not being spoiled, not being too good, and just being ready to accept that you're gonna have to deal with a lot of crap to get success."

Ambrose had a few WWE tryouts during his indy run. None of them resulted in a contract. Sometimes he was advised to gain weight. Sometimes they just didn't have a spot on the roster. That might have convinced other wrestlers to trade in their spandex for a desk job in the real world, but Ambrose kept moving forward.

In 2011, Ambrose finally made it to WWE via a developmental contract, going to work in Florida Championship Wrestling, WWE's pre-NXT training ground. By late 2012, Ambrose made it to the main WWE roster along with Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns as part of a three-man faction called The Shield. Their act was an immediate hit with fans and Ambrose was the group's early standout performer.

Fast forward to 2016. For the most part, Ambrose enjoys all of the perks he once dreamed the wrestling lifestyle would entail. He has enough money to eat well and to not split a hotel room with five different people. The arenas are more spacious, the cities much bigger. And the most curious part of it all? That kid that admittedly wasn't the happiest or friendliest guy in his neighborhood suddenly has no problem gaining fans in WWE. Ambrose believes it's because his character is true to life.

"People can see through crap pretty easily," he said. "Just go out there and be comfortable. Be you. Be authentic.

"If you're the real you, people can feel like they know you a little bit. I think that's why a lot of people kind of invest in me. They don't know me, but they feel like they know me a little bit, because I'm not putting on a front."

Ambrose admits there are parts of WWE life that don't come easily to a guy with his personality. He's one of the few WWE talents that isn't active on social media (his Twitter timeline contains exactly one tweet, a retweet from 2012, and the following bio: "They made me get a twitter.....Fine....Enjoy"). There are times when having his every move documented on film grates on his nerves.

"There's cameras everywhere," Ambrose said. "There's friggin' behind-the-scenes cameras in gorilla, there's friggin' Total Divas cameras following you around. You're constantly ducking and dodging, trying to not be caught on camera. I feel like the only time I need to be on camera is when I'm in the ring, you know?"

That antisocial attitude is one of the only things Ambrose has in common with his WrestleMania opponent, Brock Lesnar, who in constrast to Ambrose didn't seek out a pro wrestling career. Lesnar was recruited into pro wrestling because he was a physically gifted amateur champion. He once walked onto an NFL practice squad with no real prior football training. He won the UFC heavyweight championship with relatively little MMA experience.

Brock Lesnar is a genetic anomaly and a life-long winner. While he's a crowd favorite, Lesnar works limited dates for WWE, unlike Ambrose, who is a regular on virtually every tour. They're both tough, main-event level WWE stars. Otherwise, Ambrose and Lesnar might as well be from different planets.

"There's a difference between a prizefighter and a guy fighting for his life and a guy fighting just on animal instinct," Ambrose explained. "They call me the iron man of WWE because I'm the workhorse of WWE. I'm wrestling every single night in any kind of situation against any kind of opponent. I just keep on plugging along. We couldn't be coming from more polar opposite places."

Even when Ambrose delves into kayfabe (wrestling parlance for staying in character in real-life situations) while cutting a pro-wrestling promo on Lesnar, you get the sense his comments are rooted in his own version of reality.

"I've been through everything from fire to glass to thumbtacks to barbed wire," Ambrose said. "I've had body parts chopped off of me and sewn back on. There's really nothing on a pain level, physical endurance level, that I haven't had to deal with, you know? How long is he gonna be willing to try to keep me down before he starts getting frustrated?"

Like Mick Foley or Brian Pillman before him, Dean Ambrose's appeal doesn't lie in championship reigns or a spotless win-loss record. He can be decisively beaten and still give audiences confidence that he's just warming up for an epic comeback the next night. Nothing is ever final with Ambrose. There's inspiration to be found in that type of resilience.

"We'll find out if there's any quit in Brock Lesnar," Ambrose said. "If the chips are down, will he just go 'Aw, screw this,' because he's already been there, done that. He's got nothing to prove and he's rich. He's not fighting for personal pride and preservation and survival."

When he arrives at AT&T Stadium for the highest profile match of his career on April 3, the now 30-year-old Jonathan Good will put on his Dean Ambrose hat. He might listen to music or joke around with other wrestlers just to keep the nerves under control. WrestleMania is where career-defining performances take place in front of record-setting crowds. It can be a lot of pressure for the performers, the select few pro wrestlers who not only made it to WWE -- via recruitment, sheer refusal to fail or other means -- but earned a spot on the biggest show of the year. They plan, Ambrose says, is to relax and take it all in.

"I'm only going to get that, whatever it is, 30 minutes in the ring, it's only going to come through my life once," he said. "So I want to enjoy it. I'm not gonna stress too much. I wanna go out there and really enjoy the moment, have fun, and try to hurt Brock Lesnar."

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:30 pm 

Jericho is carrying Styles through this storyline. Styles has no personality whatsoever.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:37 pm 

You gotta hand it to Shane. Dude can take a bump. I am looking forward to Mania just to see what he does.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:58 pm 

Shane might die of a heart attack at WM. He's definitley not in ring shape but will still put on a good show. I still don't know what was funnier, Shane's awful punches or Undertaker trying his best to sell the punches.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:50 pm 

Shane is going to do something crazy on Sunday.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Yeah, so I'm tuning in to Raw here and there seeing that I am on the road and Monday night TV sucks (except for Better Call Saul).

I don't know if I have seen a WM match as heatless as Ryback/Kalisto. Yeeeeeeeeeeeeesssshhhhhhh :puker:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:15 pm 

Minooka Meatball wrote:
Yeah, so I'm tuning in to Raw here and there seeing that I am on the road and Monday night TV sucks (except for Better Call Saul).

I don't know if I have seen a WM match as heatless as Ryback/Kalisto. Yeeeeeeeeeeeeesssshhhhhhh :puker:

Are you watching now?

You'll see one.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Shane is going to do something crazy on Sunday.

Angle's going to come out and throw him on his head?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:26 pm 

Paige is so bad. Alot of these divas still are. We all know Eva Marie is shit.

If the triple threat divas match doesn't put the division over then nothing will. WWE has the three most talented divas they've ever had in one match at WrestleMania so give them at least 15 minutes and let them go to work this Sunday. It would be an awesome match.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:41 pm 

Hockey Gay wrote:
Paige is so bad. Alot of these divas still are. We all know Eva Marie is shit.

If the triple threat divas match doesn't put the division over then nothing will. WWE has the three most talented divas they've ever had in one match at WrestleMania so give them at least 15 minutes and let them go to work this Sunday. It would be an awesome match.

Shit if that match doesn't go at least 15 minutes it's a travesty.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:12 am 

Bubba Dudely is back and relevant?