It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:35 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:47 am 

I've been watching WCW Nitro from the beginning along with the PPV's as they go through the show's history. I just finished Starcade '95 last night, and oh my god, what a piece of shit that PPV was.

First off, about 80% of the card is this stupid "World Cup of Wrestling" that pitted WCW against NJPW. There was little build-up in the Nitro episodes preceding Starcade, and the outcome was obvious to predict.

Whoever thought up the first part of the Main Event needs their head examined. There was a triple threat match to determine who would face champion Randy Savage in a title match which would take place right after the Triple Threat Match. Fine, whatever, but the triple threat match was complete garbage. One man had to always be out of the ring, and be tagged in to participate in the match. These rules made little sense because why would you ever tag yourself out of a match that you would have zero chance of winning if you were not the legal man?

I also read this interesting tidbit on wikipedia this morning about the event:
Quote:
After the main event WCW held one additional match, taping it for a later broadcast. The match saw WCW United States Champion Kensuke Sasaki wrestle against The One Man Gang. At the end of the match the 400-plus pound One Man Gang landed a splash on Sasake and covered him for the pinfall. While Sasaki kicked out of the pinfall, referee Randy Eller still made the three-count to give victory to the One Man Gang. After the bell rang the One Man Gang celebrated with the title belt. Moments later however, the mistake was pointed out by another official, and the match was restarted. Sasaki then pinned Gang to retain the title. Parts of the match was later shown on WCW Saturday Night but they ended after One Man Gang was declared the new champion. WCW never acknowledge that Sasake won the match and was announced as the champion, choosing to recognize the One Man Gang instead.

:lol: :lol: WCW....

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:54 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
NXT
Table for 3 was pretty solid but hasn't had a new episode in forever.
The WWE/24 specials have always been great.
Old Raws and Nitros (White Castle of Fear and Spin the Wheel Make the Deal)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:02 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
NXT
Attitude Era Raw
I did watch the Fingerpoke of Doom Nitro...just to hear Tony Schivaone put over Mick Foley :lol:
The Legends of Wrestling roundtables
Old PPV's that catch my fancy (I've watched Taker throw Foley off the Cell a lot...especially when drunk)
ECW

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 2:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
I watched some of the ECW ppvs and some other ECW stuff, like when Shane Douglas grabbed one of the Pitbulls when he was in a Halo with the broken neck