It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:18 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Tumbling NFL Ratings
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
FavreFan wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:
The product is just complete shit all around. I feel like all of the things that were nuisances but still tolerable over the last few years have just hit the point where they're no longer outweighed by what's actually transpiring on the field. Bad commentary, worse "analysis." awful storylines (ESPN is seriously running commercials for Monday's Broncos-Texans game featuring slow-mo shots of Osweiler in a Broncos uniform while Third Eye Blind's "How's It Going to Be" plays), incompetent officials enforcing increasingly asinine rules, seemingly even more commercial breaks than ever before, seemingly even more awful Peyton commercials than ever before, etc. In terms of on-field product, it doesn't help that only a handful of teams appear capable of playing decent football for more than one quarter at a time. For all the crap the MLB and NBA get for tanking teams, some of these NFL teams look just as bad in their respective sport despite having a far shorter season, a far more arbitrary playoff, and appearing to actually try to win games.

Watch the Vikings play defense. It makes up for all of this.

I dunno, I'm still not sure if that Mike Zimmer guy is a good coach or not.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Great Sunday night game so far, just awesome.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Are you fucking kidding me?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Pete Fuckface Carroll's look after the shank.

GLORIOUS :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:13 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
That's it. That's how the NFL ends.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
SpiralStairs wrote:
That's it. That's how the NFL ends.

Fun game but for MANY wrong reasons.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:03 am 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
KDdidit wrote:
Great Sunday night game so far, just awesome.

Man I posted that even before the OT kicking exhibition started, jeezus.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:45 am 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Sunday night World Series outdraws SNF (overtime game).

"Last night’s Game 5 of the World Series scored a 15.3/24 in metered market ratings compared to an 11.6/18 for NBC and the NFL as the Dallas Cowboys won over the Philadelphia Eagles 29-23 in overtime".

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:13 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
The king is back on his throne.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:19 am 

Curious Hair wrote:
For a few days.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:25 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Curious Hair wrote:

:cheers: :cheers: :salut:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
:lol:

Let's compare the ratings to the Super Bowl for a fair comparison. I'm pretty sure SNF did better than a Sunday night baseball game in June, which is what the equivalent is.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
I don't totally disagree, but it is the first time this has happened, according to the article I read. It speaks to the declining ratings of the NFL.

"While the first time a World Series Game 5 has knocked down SNF in the contemporary era, this is actually the second time a top championship baseball game has laid the NFL and NBC low. Back on October 23, 2011, Game 4 of the St. Louis Cardinals-Texas Rangers matchup topped the Indianapolis Colts 62-7 blowout loss to the New Orleans Saints."

http://deadline.com/2016/10/cubs-indian ... 201845375/

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
Another trend I am starting to get annoyed with is throwing for a flag. I bet 30% of deep passes are designed to try to get a PI call. You see plays where a defender contacts an offensive player maybe 4-6 yards down field, the receiver slips and the QB automatically throws there to try to get the PI or holding flag. That and the constant looking at the ref for a flag everytime there is an incomplete pass.

I do like playing in Mexico where they have chainlink fencing with razor wire in the middle of the stands!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:41 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
4 games planned for London in 2017. Actually I'd be fine if the Bears donated a mid-december home game to the cause.

Quote:
From https://www.yahoo.com/news/nfl-expands- ... tml?ref=gs

(Reuters) - The National Football League (NFL) will stage four games in London next season as part of is growing commitment to what it calls an increasing fan base in the British capital.

Teams and venues for the games, which is up from the three games played in London each season since 2014, will be announced on Tuesday.

"We continue to be incredibly excited by the passion and love for the NFL shown by our millions of UK fans," NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell said in a statement.

"London is an amazing city. We have had tremendous support from our fans, from Mayor (Sadiq) Khan and other government leaders and business partners, and we are looking forward to taking the next step in the UK by playing four games in London next season."

The NFL has played three games in London to sellout crowds in each season since 2014 and the popularity of the sport there has even prompted Goodell to say that a London-based team was a genuine prospect.

With the increase to four games in 2017 - which represents half of a home schedule of regular-season games - the NFL will have held 21 games in Britain since the first regular season game in London in 2007.

During that time the NFL said it has achieved huge growth in the United Kingdom, where Sunday viewership of NFL games has more than doubled and the Super Bowl audience has increased more than 75 percent.

"London staging a fourth NFL game is fantastic news – not only for the millions of sports fans who get to enjoy our iconic stadiums – but also because it confirms our status as the go-to choice for hosting the world’s biggest sporting events,” Mayor Khan said.

"London is the international home of the NFL and staging the equivalent of what would be half an American football team’s home games in the city is a huge step towards my ambition of bringing a franchise to the capital."

(Reporting by Frank Pingue in Toronto, editing by Ed Osmond)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
The problem with the NFL is that there are too many injuries. Basically if most good teams lose their quarterback their seasons are done. Games with bad quarterbacks are practically unwatchable. They should get rid of Thursday night football, remove a pre-season game and give the players an extra bye week.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:17 am 

NFL is great by this time of year. You get some clunkers like Jets-49ers but generally the games are intense and high quality.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:19 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
good dolphin wrote:
NFL is great by this time of year. You get some clunkers like Jets-49ers but generally the games are intense and high quality.

That 10-7 barn-burner last night was enthralling .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:28 am 

This is the worst NFL football I've seen since the late 70's. Overall quality is poor, the best teams have major flaws, there is no innovation, there are at least 4 too many teams and both the season and playoffs are two weeks too long.

The media coverage is pandering and dull, there is little personality and leadership is horrendous.

I won't even talk about the Dumb assed stadium and psl scams.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:33 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Regular Reader wrote:
This is the worst NFL football I've seen since the late 70's. Overall quality is poor, the best teams have major flaws, there is no innovation, there are at least 4 too many teams and both the season and playoffs are two weeks too long.

The media coverage is pandering and dull, there is little personality and leadership is horrendous.

Makes watching the Cubs pretty refreshing, huh?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Positanos on 55th Street
leashyourkids wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
The NFL is the only sport that where the broadcast booth needs access to a rules interpretation expert. Replay has gotten out of hand. Every single call must be right, no matter how it effects the flow of the game.

Anyone see the 30 for 30 on Catholics vs. convicts? There were 2 horrific calls in that last game, the Cleveland Gary fumble and the Miami guy "catch" that wasn't. These bad calls are part of the lore of the game.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:54 pm 

Matches Malone wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

Bastards :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Gloopan Kuratz wrote:
The NFL is the only sport that where the broadcast booth needs access to a rules interpretation expert. Replay has gotten out of hand. Every single call must be right, no matter how it effects the flow of the game.

Anyone see the 30 for 30 on Catholics vs. convicts? There were 2 horrific calls in that last game, the Cleveland Gary fumble and the Miami guy "catch" that wasn't. These bad calls are part of the lore of the game.

Um... You must not watch NBA or MLB too much if you haven't noticed the officiating experts used for close calls in all 3 major sports.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:11 pm 

Jbi11s wrote:
Gloopan Kuratz wrote:

Um... You must not watch NBA or MLB too much if you haven't noticed the officiating experts used for close calls in all 3 major sports.

I think MLB and NBA have it for the finals. The NFL uses it for every fucking game.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
You are correct sir.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
Douchebag wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:
Gloopan Kuratz wrote:

I think MLB and NBA have it for the finals. The NFL uses it for every fucking game.

Every fucking game, at least a dozen times a game. No one even knows if a guy catches a ball or not any more.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:56 pm 

Sunday Night football had its highest ratings in 3 years. King football is back!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:04 pm 

pizza_Place: ....
I haven't watched more than a few minutes of 2 or 3 bears games all year.

First year that I even missed ONE game since I was in grade school.

Didn't play fantasy football this year, either.

I apologize to The Hawk

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Panther pislA wrote:
I haven't watched more than a few minutes of 2 or 3 bears games all year.

First year that I even missed ONE game since I was in grade school.

Didn't play fantasy football this year, either.

its liberating. I love having my sundays back again. I'm no longer a slave to 15 minutes of action and 3 hrs of beer and car commercials.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next