It is currently Wed Jun 05, 2024 6:48 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 989 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 33  Next
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:49 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Colombo's
They're saying it was Gruden's decision...he didn't want to use a spot on a hobbled Williams. The timing is strange if they would have placed him on 53 then put him on IR he could of returned. It seems recovery from labrum surgery is 8-10 weeks.

It looks like Gafford or Carrier makes the team. I thought they'd carry 6 receivers and 3 tight ends but maybe now they'll carry 5 and 4.

Rod Smith was kind of a surprise as they were saying he was having a better camp than Booker. Maybe they're going to gamble that if they need a RB during the season Smith will still be on the street.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's
Really, really like Gafford's speed. Wonder if he gets the nod due to special teams play.

Sam Young it is. Parker probably makes the team.or at least the practice squad.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:44 am 
1000 CLUB

I had them carrying 9 OL with both Sharpe and Parker not making the 53. I was hoping they'd keep Sharpe though because Brown looks to be a higher risk of injury being that large so we could use some additional insurance. Parker is a Cable scholarship guy. This is definitely a situation where Gruden needs to step in and save Cable from himself. GM Marinelli is bad enough but GM Cable is going to get someone killed with this Parker nonsense. Plus if they want to mollify Cable just put him on the practice squad. There is no reason for him to be on 53.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 1:45 pm 

Robertson gets his college number back.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:49 pm 

Ouch.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:28 pm 
1000 CLUB

He was able to get get a pick 6 against Indiana wearing a club so this shouldn't affect him much. Its interesting that he's been blowing it up in camp and Okudah has been inconsistent and may not start week 1.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:29 pm 

Mayock wins again.

Gruden on Zay Jones: "Zay Jones is probably the most improved player on the offense. He’s really done a great job getting himself quicker. Getting himself in premier shape. He’s fast. His stamina is really something unmarked. This guy can run all day. He’s playing a lot more confident, so Zay has a lot of versatility.”

I hope this translates on the field this year. We could really use something of value from one of the WR trades. :lol:

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:12 pm 

I remember Zay being considered the most underrated WR in his draft class by analysts. He was great at ECU but it really hasn't translated with the step up in competition.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:03 pm 
1000 CLUB

A couple of the beat guys have noted last season he seemed out of it when they'd speak with him...lethargic was used. He's been like a totally different person this season. Maybe whatever he had been dealing with is finally behind him. He was one of the originals in the park workouts in the offseason so he's been putting in the work.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:39 pm 

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:42 pm 

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:53 pm 
1000 CLUB

The reports out of camp were disturbing. I wasn't worried about him getting blown up in pass pro because that was something he was going to have to learn but the talk about how slow he was left me wondering. Also when Edwards was at the park practices he was at grandma's getting raided by the DEA. More than anyone he needed to be at the early practices. There is a report today that on top of everything else he just didn't fit in. Good luck to him and good job by Mayock to get something for him to minimize the mistake.

Its unfortunate because the reports were that Gruden wanted Bowden and Mayock wanted Moss.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:10 pm 
1000 CLUB

Sam Young should be back week 1. He was released so they wouldn't have to guarantee his contract. They did same thing with Josh Mauro last season.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:22 pm 

Mongo is wise.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:06 am 

As The Athletic's Vic Tafur explained, it had as much to do with Bowden's performance on the field in training camp as it did his off of it.

"Some at the team facility thought the rookie was more concerned with picking up new cars than the playbook, and on the field Bowden looked measured and not explosive," Tafur wrote. "On top of a lack of breakaway speed, he was always getting blasted when it was his turn to pass block.

"There were also some growing concerns that he was getting more and more distracted in Las Vegas and that he might be an influence on other rookies like Henry Ruggs III and Damon Arnette."

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:07 pm 
1000 CLUB

They did the right thing moving forward. They probably got a bad time from Kentucky (I heard they had him timed 4.38) and then when they saw him in person realized he was just too slow for what they had in mind. It was strange he wasn't at the park practices and that could be a sign he wasn't applying himself like he needed to. When he was getting blown up in pass pro was he taking extra reps after practice? If he was working hard I have to think they would have at least faked an injury and put him on IR. It must have been a disaster.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:44 pm 
1000 CLUB

Kendal Vickers. They're really going to let Marinelli do this...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:59 pm 

MongoMuller wrote:
Kendal Vickers. They're really going to let Marinelli do this...

:lol: You were the 1st person I thought of when I heard he was a Marinelli guy.

Who we bringing in, Mongo?

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:19 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
FS - is the new stadium ready?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:37 pm 

Indeed. On time, on budget. Unlike LA.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:22 pm 
1000 CLUB

Furious Styles wrote:
:lol: You were the 1st person I thought of when I heard he was a Marinelli guy.

Who we bringing in, Mongo?

I hated the Marinelli hiring. He got run from Dallas for a reason. His defenses in Dallas were gutless up the middle and he's doing the same thing here. When Mayock said he made the team because Marinelli likes guys that can play inside and outside I wasn't even surprised. He's perfect for Marinelli...too slow to play outside and too soft to play inside. He'll probably play inside exclusively and get destroyed. Mayock said he ran a 4.7 when he came out. I think he knew that was bullshit and was trying to sell it. He was a non-combine invite and ran a 5.04 at his pro day so that's a downhill track that might not have been a full 40 yards. I wonder when Mayock is going to get tired of taking the bullets for these clowns. Bowden and Vickers aren't on him.

Buckner was doing a great job. Las season there was a series where Ferrell jumped offsides and gave up a 1st down. A few plays later he did it again but the officials missed it! Buckner still pulled Ferrell and gave it to him on the sideline and sat him for the rest of the quarter. He was coaching these guys up! They were getting better and better every week.

I have no idea what the plan is but it seems like they cleared room for a reason. They could be looking to make a trade for a veteran receiver or a running back. Safety depth is a little better than it looks because they can move Joyner back there so I don't think its Earl Thomas. What do you think? I don't think its a free agent I think it will be a trade of some kind.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:52 pm 
1000 CLUB

I'll be disappointed if Jacobs doesn't hang at least 150 yards on Carolina. Their rush defense was really bad last season and they signed Tahir Whitehead which can only make it worse.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:49 am 

Sharps on the Panthers this weekend

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:34 am 
1000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:

You must mean Sharpe as in Shannon Sharpe. Not surprising he's a known hater. The sharp money has pushed the line to Raiders -3 since Sunday. Some are expecting -3.5 at game time.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:36 am 

MongoMuller wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

You must mean Sharpe as in Shannon Sharpe. Not surprising he's a known hater. The sharp money has pushed the line to Raiders -3 since Sunday. Some are expecting -3.5 at game time.

OK.

That's what pushes the line.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:18 am 
1000 CLUB

You'll have something to troll about if the Raiders don't beat the hell out of Carolina. Its a very good matchup for the Raiders. Their best offensive weapon is countered by the best coverage linebacker in the league. Their run defense should be historically bad which is our strength. Jacobs should run wild and I don't see them stopping Waller and Renfrow.

This is a must win. It shouldn't even be a close game. If the Raiders lose its going to be a long season.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:14 am 

Quote:
The Raiders head to Carolina with a clean injury report.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:09 pm 
1000 CLUB

The guy that covers the Panthers for The Athletic picked the Raiders by 14. They should be able to feed Jacobs and Waller all day. They should have a few deep plays dialed up for Ruggs as well.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:45 pm 

I haven't been this excited for the first game of the season since the Darren McFadden era. Low bar, I know.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:44 am 

Inactives for Week 1:

WR Rico Gafford
G John Simpson
T Brandon Parker
DT Daniel Ross
S Dallin Leavitt

-Hank Kingsley

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 989 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 33  Next