It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 9:43 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 366 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: Week 17
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 9:58 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
I saw where Bart Scott blamed the Cinci receiver for the incident .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 10:05 am 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Technically true. The best kind of true.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 11:06 am 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
Nas wrote:
Mariotti was young Nas's favorite sports writer. I would steal the Sun-Times instead of the Tribune because I preferred him over Telander. Too bad he beat his wife/girlfriend.

My memory of Telander does not include any time at the Tribune.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 5:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
my friend said he saw this rumored about, not sure where

Week 19
Bengals/Bills
NFC wild card playoffs
AFC playoff bye week

Week 20
AFC wild card playoffs
NFC playoff bye week

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 5:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Bagels wrote:

Week 19
Bengals/Bills
NFC wild card playoffs
AFC playoff bye week

Week 20
AFC wild card playoffs
NFC playoff bye week

Why not just push the whole playoff start back a week? Either way you’d have to eliminate the off week leading into Super Bowl week if you’re not playing the full playoffs on schedule.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 5:23 pm 

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Bagels wrote:

Week 19
Bengals/Bills
NFC wild card playoffs
AFC playoff bye week

Week 20
AFC wild card playoffs
NFC playoff bye week

Why not just push the whole playoff start back a week? Either way you’d have to eliminate the off week leading into Super Bowl week if you’re not playing the full playoffs on schedule.

you'd miss getting to see Mully or Bernstein on Radio Row

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 6:38 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Someone will pitch a fit about teams in the NFL getting unfair extra "byes" but it's a decent idea

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 10:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
I forgot JJ Watt had heart issues in October.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 10:52 pm 

Sounds like there gonna cancel it. Not I get to continue to listen to two guys bitch about getting fucked in fantasy games they weren't winning if the game was finished.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 5:55 am 

That would fuck the Ravens the most. Good.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 7:01 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Booger McFarland Tuesday on PTI said talking about the Bills playing on the next Sunday, "If I'm a player and I'm playing for the Buffalo Bills there's no way I could step on a field and get in an emotional state with my brother battling for his life...I would need to know that his life is safe and not in the balance before I could play. I don't think I'd feel right playing football while he's battling for his life."

Hub said Tuesday his life was in peril 4 weeks after his heart attack. Kornhiser & Wilbon didn't or couldn't follow-up to McFarland's comment.

Most union workers have immediate family only paid death days. Not too many employees get paid days off for fellow worker's illnesses with the possibility of totally shutting down an employer's business and the topic not up for discussion only at the employee's discretion.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 7:34 am 

vitoscotti wrote:
Booger McFarland Tuesday on PTI said talking about the Bills playing on the next Sunday, "If I'm a player and I'm playing for the Buffalo Bills there's no way I could step on a field and get in an emotional state with my brother battling for his life...I would need to know that his life is safe and not in the balance before I could play. I don't think I'd feel right playing football while he's battling for his life."

Hub said Tuesday his life was in peril 4 weeks after his heart attack. Kornhiser & Wilbon didn't or couldn't follow-up to McFarland's comment.

Most union workers have immediate family only paid death days. Not too many employees get paid days off for fellow worker's illnesses with the possibility of totally shutting down an employer's business and the topic not up for discussion only at the employee's discretion.

Sounds like being a professional athlete has some perks.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 8:46 am 

SpiralStairs wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:

Too many perks. Today's athletes have almost nothing in common with normal workers. I never thought I would see a day that I stopped watching sports. Rule changes, salaries, attitudes, free agency, politics in sports, influx of bad referees have decreased my passion for the teams and sports I used to love.

Maybe I am just getting old and every generation complains about the next, but the disconnect from the athletes is real and just getting bigger every season.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 8:50 am 

i kinda liked the idea of giving both teams a tie, so there's something still to play for in the last game. everything would still be on the line; and who knows, maybe the game would've finished in a tie if the game never had that crisis happen.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 8:51 am 

Thankfully thats only Booger McFarland’s moronic take . There is no talk amongst the players about not playing this Sunday.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 8:54 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Juiced wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:

Too many perks. Today's athletes have almost nothing in common with normal workers. I never thought I would see a day that I stopped watching sports. Rule changes, salaries, attitudes, free agency, politics in sports, influx of bad referees have decreased my passion for the teams and sports I used to love.

Maybe I am just getting old and every generation complains about the next, but the disconnect from the athletes is real and just getting bigger every season.

I understand the need for rule changes.

But I'm right there with you on the rest of your list.

Doug Buffone used to talk about his off season job. My grade school football coach played for the Bear and owned a construction company in the off season, and the Willowbrook Bowl with Ditka too.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 8:58 am 

Yeah, you're fucking old we get it. Nobody cares.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 8:59 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
That would fuck the Ravens the most. Good.

Bills probably not a big fan of a tie either. They go 2-0 to finish, would be guaranteed a home field AFC title game. A tie makes the Chiefs the #1 seed (if they win this week). The Bills have lost the last 2 AFC championship games, at KC.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 9:00 am 

Bills have no one to blame but themselves for last years loss.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 9:09 am 

Why are professional athletes paid so much? They play a child’s game.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 10:53 am 

Sounds like there is a good chance Hamlin could play this weekend

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 10:58 am 

pizza_Place: What??
Phew!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 11:13 am 

Seacrest wrote:
Juiced wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:

Doug Buffone used to talk about his off season job. My grade school football coach played for the Bear and owned a construction company in the off season, and the Willowbrook Bowl with Ditka too.

I understand the concussion rules changes. I am talking more across all sports. Basketball is a shell of itself from the late 80's and 90's. Baseball doesn't know what is it anymore and we sold our souls to the Rickett's for a World Series. Wrigley has been pimped out like it's running in Nascar.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 11:18 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Are you driving Jeff Saturday to the airport next Monday?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 11:27 am 

Seacrest wrote:
Are you driving Jeff Saturday to the airport next Monday?

I started to like the Colts when they had E.Dickerson and then signed J.George into the J.Harbaugh era. Always liked the underdog.

When they drafted P.Manning my interest in the Colts diminished when he became a superstar as weird as that sounds. They were no longer the under dog and it almost felt like cheating with a superstar QB. Watching the Bears all these years, my football senses did not know how to root for a team that had a star QB :lol:

I changed my avatar to the Colts a couple years ago because I no longer could stomach Bears management or lack of. Need to change it to something else because the interest in that team just is not there anymore. Seems like I am rooting more for players then teams, so maybe I will change my logo to P.Mahomes or J.Burrow since those are my two favorite players ATM. EDIT: or J.Sandborn!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 11:37 am 

Juiced wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Juiced wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:

I understand the concussion rules changes. I am talking more across all sports. Basketball is a shell of itself from the late 80's and 90's. Baseball doesn't know what is it anymore and we sold our souls to the Rickett's for a World Series. Wrigley has been pimped out like it's running in Nascar.

Sounds like someone hates the free hand of the market. Very sick!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:16 pm 

funny, i think i've heard every scenario possible in regard to this game

now i saw someone saying they'll cancel it, and if Chiefs-Bills play the AFC championship it would be at a neutral site :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:20 pm 

Bagels wrote:

now i saw someone saying they'll cancel it, and if Chiefs-Bills play the AFC championship it would be at a neutral site :lol:

They should play it at Cominskey Park

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Bagels wrote:

That would be a very nfl response.

The AFC championship will be played between two teams with great fan bases and stadium atmospheres. Let’s play it in Jerry world.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:30 pm 

The next CBA is going to look interesting. No way Goodell lets teams decide to not play a game going forward.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 366 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next