It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 5:18 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 421 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 15  Next
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
well i can hardly claim to be a Giants insider, Ive never met any of these people. All I can say is that Flores, Frazier, or any of the other candidates that went into their interviews claiming they are shocked and upset Daboll got hired don't pay too much attention. Shit, Schoen is dragging as many Buffalo coaches and front office people over as he can convince to come, every day its someone new. And any claim Flores has that his interview was a Rooney Rule farce is clearly bullshit.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:41 pm 

man of few opinions wrote:
well i can hardly claim to be a Giants insider, Ive never met any of these people. All I can say is that Flores, Frazier, or any of the other candidates that went into their interviews claiming they are shocked and upset Daboll got hired don't pay too much attention. Shit, Schoen is dragging as many Buffalo coaches and front office people over as he can convince to come, every day its someone new. And any claim Flores has that his interview was a Rooney Rule farce is clearly bullshit.

No it was cynical bullshit on a member of the old boys club.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:48 pm 

what was cynical?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2022 4:10 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Regular Reader wrote:
As far as the Giants go, I dont think anyone would notice based on recent results. But yes, clearly it has been demonstrated that the Giants front office including their brand new GM are racists requiring the team to walk off the job.

97 years, no Black HC and what one game started by a Black QB? Not necessarily racist, but oddly insular.

You keep failing to mention that Jerry Reese, a black man, ran the entire organization for 10 years.

-Didn't hire a black coach

-Didn't sign Colin Kapernick

- Never drafted a black QB

Who's really cynical here?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2022 4:14 pm 
Site Admin

I will say a lot of this could be cleared up by Bill Belichick. Everyone who interviewed for the Giants job (regardless of skin color) knew Brian Daboll was the obvious front-runner and would have to blow the Giants away to get that job.

What do you think the chances of that happening are?

Did he not leave the Giants on bad terms?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2022 4:28 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
As far as the Giants go, I dont think anyone would notice based on recent results. But yes, clearly it has been demonstrated that the Giants front office including their brand new GM are racists requiring the team to walk off the job.

97 years, no Black HC and what one game started by a Black QB? Not necessarily racist, but oddly insular.

You keep failing to mention that Jerry Reese, a black man, ran the entire organization for 10 years.

I'm not the one who's hired crappy HCs and put on yet another dog and pony show to maintain the image of an old boy's club. I'm at a point where I'm seriously stopping watching the game. Between asswipes like Mara and Bill Polian I have gotten sick of all of them.

And fwiw, I suggested weeks ago that your team should've hired Daboll. Here I'm just surprised that the old boys network has let their truth out in the open. Just ask Josh McCowan or the other recent hires that never called pro games.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2022 4:42 pm 
Site Admin

Regular Reader wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

I'm not the one who's hired crappy HCs and put on yet another dog and pony show to maintain the image of an old boy's club. I'm at a point where I'm seriously stopping watching the game. Between asswipes like Mara and Bill Polian I have gotten sick of all of them.

And fwiw, I suggested weeks ago that your team should've hired Daboll. Here I'm just surprised that the old boys network has let their truth out in the open. Just ask Josh McCowan or the other recent hires that never called pro games.

It was out in the open for ten years that Jerry Reese ran the NY Giants.

It's not even cynical to suggest that the Mara's had/have an insular culture.

It's illogical and baseless.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2022 4:50 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

I don't respect Jerry Reese or his tenure in retrospect. Just like I don't respect most NFL team owners with limited exception. Especially the long time family owned teams. Starting with the seat licenses and holding cities hostage with stadium deals. The massive tax breaks don't help.

It's the one area trump and I agree. Albeit for different reasons :D

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2022 5:21 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
I will say a lot of this could be cleared up by Bill Belichick. Everyone who interviewed for the Giants job (regardless of skin color) knew Brian Daboll was the obvious front-runner and would have to blow the Giants away to get that job.

What do you think the chances of that happening are?

Did he not leave the Giants on bad terms?

He left the giants on good terms to become a head coach. Parcells did bd on him by retiring shortly after he left of Belechick would have been head coach of the Giants. I have never heard belichick break bad on the giants, they (and parcells) gave him his big break into coaching.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2022 5:23 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

I don't respect Jerry Reese or his tenure in retrospect. Just like I don't respect most NFL team owners with limited exception. Especially the long time family owned teams. Starting with the seat licenses and holding cities hostage with stadium deals. The massive tax breaks don't help.

You don’t respect Reese because he seriously damages your “Racism!” claim against
Mara.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2022 5:32 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
This is what happens when a long-standing problem goes unchecked.
I don't believe the Giants did anything wrong here specifically, but it doesn't matter. It's a league problem. The Giants are one of 32 ownership groups consisting of "educated" people that should be smart enough to identify the issue and fix it.

Nope....sweep it up under the rug, count your money and then act surprised when shit blows up.

I've soured on Flores through all of this, but it doesn't mean his claim is baseless. It's obvious.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2022 5:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Regular Reader wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

You don’t respect Reese because he seriously damages your “Racism!” claim against
Mara.
Elgin Baylor wrote:
That' a good point. A racist owner would never let a black man run his team.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2022 6:25 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222

That's not remotely close to what I said and I don't think any of the candidates said that either.

Graham, Frazier and Flores were interviewed via Zoom before Schoen was hired. That meant your NY Giants had satisfied their Rooney Rule requirements. If Daboll was hired the same day Schoen was hired, few would have complained.

The Giants gave the appearance that they were doing their due diligence and were seriously considering a minority coach. They called in multiple minority candidates for a 2nd interview. In essence saying they were finalists for the job. Normally, that is a great thing even if you don't get the job because it boosts your stock for a future or current opening.

The entire league knew they were sham 2nd interviews. It was an open secret that the Giants had already decided on their next head coach. Instead of the 2nd interviews being helpful, they were humiliating.

Wouldn't you be pissed if someone used you in a similar fashion? I know that I definitely would.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

"I don’t care about you; I just want your vote.”
Trump '24

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2022 7:18 pm 

Again, I don’t know John Mara, Joe Schoen or anyone involved with the giants so I can’t say one way or the other wether they are racist or not and maybe you know more than I do, but there is no way you know when Daboll was decided to be coach. but the second Schoen was hired you would have had to seriously have your head in the sand to think that the OC of the Buffalo Bills want the clear cut favorite for that job. It was probably 10 minutes after Buffalo lost before Schoen was organizing the second interview with Daboll so to say it was humiliating for anyone else to interview is insinuating the other candidates (white or black) are idiots because even fans like ME had a pretty good sense Daboll was going to the giants if he wanted the job. Keep in mind Daboll had requests for second interviews AFTER the giants interviewed him. Should they have stopped interviewing because the WANTED Daboll to take the job? Miami had a scheduled 2nd interview scheduled for him. The giants interviewed Flores, chose the man they wanted and hired him before the Dolphins had a chance to hire him.

if you want to argue that the giants are inherently racist with their hiring practices such as Regular Reader, that’s one thing. But to suggest the recent hiring cycle highlights the giants were racist against Flores, Frazier or graham because they hired the obvious target in Daboll is just incorrect. I re-iterate that Bill Belichick were to come out and state that for some insane reason the giants consulted with him, told him they had hired Daboll and were only interviewing Flores because he is black and to fuck with him, I’m all ears. Otherwise it makes no sense.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2022 7:25 pm 
100000 CLUB

Again, I don’t know John Mara, Joe Schoen or anyone involved with the giants so I can’t say one way or the other wether they are racist or not and maybe you know more than I do, but there is no way you know when Daboll was decided to be coach. but the second Schoen was hired you would have had to seriously have your head in the sand to think that the OC of the Buffalo Bills want the clear cut favorite for that job. It was probably 10 minutes after Buffalo lost before Schoen was organizing the second interview with Daboll so to say it was humiliating for anyone else to interview is insinuating the other candidates (white or black) are idiots because even fans like ME had a pretty good sense Daboll was going to the giants if he wanted the job. Keep in mind Daboll had requests for second interviews AFTER the giants interviewed him. Should they have stopped interviewing because the WANTED Daboll to take the job? Miami had a scheduled 2nd interview scheduled for him. The giants interviewed Flores, chose the man they wanted and hired him before the Dolphins had a chance to hire him.

if you want to argue that the giants are inherently racist with their hiring practices such as Regular Reader, that’s one thing. But to suggest the recent hiring cycle highlights the giants were racist against Flores, Frazier or graham because they hired the obvious target in Daboll is just incorrect. I re-iterate that Bill Belichick were to come out and state that for some insane reason the giants consulted with him, told him they had hired Daboll and were only interviewing Flores because he is black and to fuck with him, I’m all ears. Otherwise it makes no sense.

Are you reading my posts or do you just respond based on what you think I believe?

Trump '24

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2022 7:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Beek's
Nas wrote:

That's not remotely close to what I said and I don't think any of the candidates said that either.

Graham, Frazier and Flores were interviewed via Zoom before Schoen was hired. That meant your NY Giants had satisfied their Rooney Rule requirements. If Daboll was hired the same day Schoen was hired, few would have complained.

The Giants gave the appearance that they were doing their due diligence and were seriously considering a minority coach. They called in multiple minority candidates for a 2nd interview. In essence saying they were finalists for the job. Normally, that is a great thing even if you don't get the job because it boosts your stock for a future or current opening.

The entire league knew they were sham 2nd interviews. It was an open secret that the Giants had already decided on their next head coach. Instead of the 2nd interviews being helpful, they were humiliating.

Wouldn't you be pissed if someone used you in a similar fashion? I know that I definitely would.

I probably wouldn't be happy. But, the more teams that are bringing me in for interviews, the better it is for my brand. Most people expected Flores to get hired the year after season he got fired. How many coaches fit that profile of getting fired and yet getting a job that next season? Everyone had that expectation for Flores. It could still happen, but he's sure made it difficult.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2022 7:29 pm 
100000 CLUB

Augie wrote:
Nas wrote:

I probably wouldn't be happy. But, the more teams that are bringing me in for interviews, the better it is for my brand. Most people expected Flores to get hired the year after season he got fired. How many coaches fit that profile of getting fired and yet getting a job that next season? Everyone had that expectation for Flores. It could still happen, but he's sure made it difficult.

I don't disagree. Obviously the Dolphins were working to make it a little bit more difficult than it would have been.

Trump '24

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2022 7:31 pm 

I know what you WANT to believe, it’s just not based on fact.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2022 7:33 pm 
100000 CLUB

I know what you WANT to believe, it’s just not based on fact.

What do I want to believe?

Trump '24

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2022 7:39 pm 

That Brian Flores was a casualty of some sort of racial humiliation by interviewing a second time prior to Dabolls hiring. I apologize if I was wrong in that deduction.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2022 7:52 pm 
100000 CLUB

That Brian Flores was a casualty of some sort of racial humiliation by interviewing a second time prior to Dabolls hiring. I apologize if I was wrong in that deduction.

I accept your apology. Not only have I not accused the Giants or Dolphins of being racists organizations, I went so far as to say that the Giants didn't wrong Flores.

Sham 2nd interviews are usually great in the sports world. As I said earlier, they usually boost the stock of a candidate. We hear it all the time, "They were a finalist for ____ other jobs before we hired them." We recently heard that when the Bears hired Poles. The Giants just went about it in a shitty way. Days before these 2nd interviews, Belichick and the rest of the league already knew that the process was over. That made the sham 2nd interviews humiliating instead of helpful IMO.

Trump '24

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2022 7:55 pm 

Nas wrote:

I accept your apology. Not only have I not accused the Giants or Dolphins of being racists organizations, I went so far as to say that the Giants didn't wrong Flores.

Sham 2nd interviews are usually great in the sports world. As I said earlier, they usually boost the stock of a candidate. We hear it all the time, "They were a finalist for ____ other jobs before we hired them." We recently heard that when the Bears hired Poles. The Giants just went about it in a shitty way. Days before these 2nd interviews, Belichick and the rest of the league already knew that the process was over. That made the sham 2nd interviews humiliating instead of helpful IMO.

I did misrepresent you argument so sorry. However I still disagree but we can leave it at that.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2022 7:56 pm 
100000 CLUB

Nas wrote:

I did misrepresent you argument so sorry. However I still disagree but we can leave it at that.

Fair enough.

Trump '24

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:08 pm 

It's not necessarily race, but rather the bullshit claims of a member of the inept lucky sperm club.

As I pointed out to Seacrest, I thought that Daboll would've been a good hire for the Bears. I just can't stand the blatantly obvious b.s. in this instance. Nothing more, nothing less.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2022 4:11 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
The billionaire club of owners will make a gentleman's agreement some team eventually has to token hire Flores as a HC. Fire him after his first losing season. Then, blackball him once this has blown over.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2022 11:42 am 
Site Admin

How is that obvious? The giants interviewed Patrick graham for a second time days before Flores stepped foot in New Jersey. They didn’t need an interview with Flores to fill the Rooney Rule quota. And they interviewed Leslie Frazier twice too.

If Brian Daboll already had the job mofo, what other reason could there be to give Flores an interview other then the Rooney Rule?

Unless they really did give Flores an interview just to humiliate him which would then beg the question. Why?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2022 3:15 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
How is that obvious? The giants interviewed Patrick graham for a second time days before Flores stepped foot in New Jersey. They didn’t need an interview with Flores to fill the Rooney Rule quota. And they interviewed Leslie Frazier twice too.

If Brian Daboll already had the job mofo, what other reason could there be to give Flores an interview other then the Rooney Rule?

Unless they really did give Flores an interview just to humiliate him which would then beg the question. Why?

Again, Flores’ second interview came LONG after the giants had already met the Rooney Rule. Whatever anyone feels about Flores’ last interview, it is 100% false to state that interview was nothing more than meeting the Rooney Rule. Daboll was hired after Flores’ second interview. Meanwhile, Daboll had another second interview scheduled with Miami. The giants continued the interview process knowing daboll potentially could interview in Miami and who knows, if he takes that job, maybe Flores becomes the giants coach. After Flores’ interview, the giants decide they want Daboll and offer him the job. How Belichick fits into this and what info he has from who I have no idea. But him suggesting to Daboll he is the guy the giants wanted is hardly groundbreaking info, anyone reading PFT could have surmised that. Belichick coming forward and explaining his sources could clear a lot of this up, but he probably never will.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2022 3:44 pm 

Seacrest wrote:

This really is the question that needs to be answered. There is no reasonable reason that fits Flores’ narrative.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2022 4:33 pm 

Seacrest wrote:

This really is the question that needs to be answered. There is no reasonable reason that fits Flores’ narrative.

The narrative is asking why clowns like Joe Judge, Kliff Kingsbury or the variety of patronage guys like the guy in Atlanta have been hired?

Or an assistant high school coach like Josh McCowan or any of the recent hires with no play calling experience receive any critical analysis.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2022 5:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Regular Reader wrote:
Seacrest wrote:

The narrative is asking why clowns like Joe Judge, Kliff Kingsbury or the variety of patronage guys like the guy in Atlanta have been hired?

Or an assistant high school coach like Josh McCowan or any of the recent hires with no play calling experience receive any critical analysis.

Josh McCowan is just an assistant high school coach. No NFL experience at all. It's always anecdotal when there is a narrative to sell. NFL owners are happy to enrich black players, but when it comes to coaches their inner racism kicks in or something.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 421 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 15  Next