It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 10:54 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 366 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: Week 17
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2023 1:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Regular Reader wrote:
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
KDdidit wrote:
This is worse than when Kaepernick knelt during the anthem! I’m never watching the NFL again.

Yeah much ado about nothing, as usual. But let them caterwaul and bitch away. It’s always going to be something.

Do you guys actually enjoy sports? This is a consequential decision in the biggest league in the country and you’re angry people are talking about it?

I’ve been wondering the same thing about the people complaining about this now. Afaik, no one here is a Cleveland, Buffalo or Kansas City fan, but are crying about fairness? Why? Dumbass fantasy football? Gambling? It’s one game no one here has a vested interest in, but all this whining and bs comparisons?

That the same crowd seems to be snarky about the ex players upset about this is telling though and it’s quite sad.

If people only spoke about things that directly impact them, the world would be worse off. Selfishness isn’t exactly a virtue.

It’s not crying about something - it’s pointing it out. Whether you think it’s fair or unfair or irrelevant or whining or whatever…people who like football may want to comment on the potential that the 1 seed Bills play an AFC championship game in Houston for completely arbitrary reasons. That’s what people do; they talk about things.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2023 1:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Franky T wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Go back out there and participate in the same activity that just caused a guy's heart to stop beating. Who cares if your head's not in the right place. Go run full speed into a 6'4" 300lbs man who is trying to move you against your will. You'll be fine. Totally the same.

And again, they have no problem running into the same 6’4 300 lb man who jist snapped the leg of the running back or playing after guys are carted off on a stretcher with a neck injury who wasnt moving his extremities.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2023 1:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Regular Reader wrote:
KDdidit wrote:
This is worse than when Kaepernick knelt during the anthem! I’m never watching the NFL again.

Yeah much ado about nothing, as usual. But let them caterwaul and bitch away. It’s always going to be something.

Do you guys actually enjoy sports? This is a consequential decision in the biggest league in the country and you’re angry people are talking about it?

I'll enjoy the NFL game where ever they play it. I won't enjoy the playoffs less if the Buffalo Cincinnati game is played or if it isn't. I'd ask the same question about if people actually enjoy sports to the ones complaining they're not forcing the game to be played.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2023 1:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
KDdidit wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
KDdidit wrote:

I'll enjoy the NFL game where ever they play it. I won't enjoy the playoffs less if the Buffalo Cincinnati game is played or if it isn't. I'd ask the same question about if people actually enjoy sports to the ones complaining they're not forcing the game to be played.

people who want the game to be played don't actually enjoy sports ?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2023 1:34 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
KDdidit wrote:

I’ve been wondering the same thing about the people complaining about this now. Afaik, no one here is a Cleveland, Buffalo or Kansas City fan, but are crying about fairness? Why? Dumbass fantasy football? Gambling? It’s one game no one here has a vested interest in, but all this whining and bs comparisons?

That the same crowd seems to be snarky about the ex players upset about this is telling though and it’s quite sad.

It’s not crying about something - it’s pointing it out. Whether you think it’s fair or unfair or irrelevant or whining or whatever…people who like football may want to comment on the potential that the 1 seed Bills play an AFC championship game in Houston for completely arbitrary reasons. That’s what people do; they talk about things.

I’ll take issue with “arbitrary”, but most of it seems like whining, or unfunny attempts at sarcasm.

As bad as some commentators patting themselves on their backs now for their continual calls for thoughts and prayers.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2023 1:35 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
Franky T wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Go back out there and participate in the same activity that just caused a guy's heart to stop beating. Who cares if your head's not in the right place. Go run full speed into a 6'4" 300lbs man who is trying to move you against your will. You'll be fine. Totally the same.

And again, they have no problem running into the same 6’4 300 lb man who jist snapped the leg of the running back or playing after guys are carted off on a stretcher with a neck injury who wasnt moving his extremities.

I'm not sure why you keep acting like what happened was something players normally see when everything about the way they reacted shows it was clearly completely different.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2023 1:37 pm 

Bagels wrote:
KDdidit wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
KDdidit wrote:

Read the majority of their posts in this thread alone and you certainly will get that impression. They seem to have a sick sense of entitlement and empty demands for illusory “fairness”.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2023 1:38 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
badrogue17 wrote:
Franky T wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

This again? You really don't understand the difference?

100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Because it's easier to dig in. In fairness, they would have played the game if Zac Taylor didn't talk with McDermott.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

Bagels wrote:
KDdidit wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
KDdidit wrote:

There are people who want the game played just to show the players who's in charge and don't actually enjoy sports, yes.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2023 1:41 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
KDdidit wrote:

I’ll take issue with “arbitrary”, but most of it seems like whining, or unfunny attempts at sarcasm.

As bad as some commentators patting themselves on their backs now for their continual calls for thoughts and prayers.

It’s arbitrary in that they’re ignoring their own written rules detailing how to handle game cancellations. Goodell is just making it up on the fly.

That’s the substance of Mixon’s complaint.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2023 1:42 pm 

THIS IS WHAT NFL FANS WANT!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2023 1:43 pm 

KDdidit wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Franky T wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

I'm not sure why you keep acting like what happened was something players normally see when everything about the way they reacted shows it was clearly completely different.

Because its my fucking opinion and Im allowed to think they pick an odd place to draw the line about what " traumatizes" them to the point where they cant play ?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2023 1:44 pm 

Come on Antioch, you’re a smart enough guy to acknowledge and appreciate the unique nature of this. And I’m NOT a fan of NFL management or team owners.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2023 1:45 pm 

Bagels wrote:
KDdidit wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
KDdidit wrote:

:lol: The knots you have to tie yourself into to try and make a ridiculous point

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2023 1:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
If people only spoke about things that directly impact them, the world would be worse off. Selfishness isn’t exactly a virtue.

Blow it off. He whines and complains about Republicans all the time and he isn't one. It's his go to.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2023 1:46 pm 
100000 CLUB

Mixon is right, though. Changing the rules after the fact is bullshit.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2023 1:49 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
KDdidit wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Franky T wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

Because its my fucking opinion and Im allowed to think they pick an odd place to draw the line about what " traumatizes" them to the point where they cant play ?

Yeah they "picked" what would make a bunch of them cry on the field and what wouldn't.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2023 1:51 pm 

Spaulding wrote:

Blow it off. He whines and complains about Republicans all the time and he isn't one. It's his go to.

Okay after how many vacuous posts will you claim that until now you didn’t know something and try and worm out claiming ignorance? Only to come back shrieking hysterically about the perverse people who have your odd attention. Do you actually have an original, logical opinion on anything? Stick to baking…and pineapples.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2023 1:52 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
Come on Antioch, you’re a smart enough guy to acknowledge and appreciate the unique nature of this. And I’m NOT a fan of NFL management or team owners.

And you’re smart enough to know that a rule that’s ignored isn’t worth the paper it’s written on.

The NFL has contemplated cancellations. To your point around uniqueness, I can’t think of a circumstance that would result in a one game cancellation that wouldn’t be unique. That’s why you have rules and why you follow those rules. They made a decision but don’t want to fully address the consequences of that decision, however justified it may be.

As a result, you end up in this weird half pregnant situation endemic to Goodell’s tenure.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2023 1:53 pm 

Nas wrote:

Funny how he complained about the rules when he was trying to start his career. He’s always been a low class hypocrite.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2023 1:55 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Nas wrote:

So is punching a defensiveless woman

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2023 1:56 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
Nas wrote:

She shouldve just played dead in retrospect.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2023 1:58 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Nas wrote:

She shouldve just played dead in retrospect.

Would’ve been preferable to going full Ray Rice.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2023 1:58 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:

And you’re smart enough to know that a rule that’s ignored isn’t worth the paper it’s written on.

The NFL has contemplated cancellations. To your point around uniqueness, I can’t think of a circumstance that would result in a one game cancellation that wouldn’t be unique. That’s why you have rules and why you follow those rules. They made a decision but don’t want to fully address the consequences of that decision, however justified it may be.

As a result, you end up in this weird half pregnant situation endemic to Goodell’s tenure.

Keyshawn Johnson mentioned a game where a guy had to get cpr in Detroit and how his head was in the clouds after they restarted it. As recently as yesterday, Steve Young sounded traumatized even talking about it. As did virtually every other ex player on tv. The risks were too high imo. The game just wasn’t that important.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2023 1:59 pm 
100000 CLUB

Regular Reader wrote:
Nas wrote:

Funny how he complained about the rules when he was trying to start his career. He’s always been a low class hypocrite.

I'm not familiar with what you're talking about.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2023 2:01 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

Keyshawn Johnson mentioned a game where a guy had to get cpr in Detroit and how his head was in the clouds after they restarted it. As recently as yesterday, Steve Young sounded traumatized even talking about it. As did virtually every other ex player on tv. The risks were too high imo. The game just wasn’t that important.

I don’t think the NFL needs to justify the cancellation. Most seem to agree it should’ve been stopped that night and rescheduling was extremely difficult/borderline impossible logistically.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2023 2:02 pm 

Nas wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Nas wrote:

I'm not familiar with what you're talking about.

See several posts above. It’s the same as yet another dumbass and unnecessary tweet by someone with skeletons in his closet and less than a decent reputation. Low class.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2023 2:06 pm 

https://chicagofanatics.com/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=104009

The Mixon thread was a good one.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2023 2:07 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
All they have to do is beat a Lamar-less Ravens team and it's a moot point. Stop crying. And they can shove their skyline chili up their ass too

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 366 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next