It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 12:16 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 545 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 19  Next
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:24 am 

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:33 am 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
I think there's a decent chance the Saints found their new Drew Brees in Jameis Winston.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:18 pm 

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:12 pm 

Frankly it reminded me that I wanted Bridgewater back and him to retire. He doesn't have it down the stretch and has been a slouch in the playoffs for years now.

Sad to see a stupid misstep on his part after years of doing the right thing.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn...Frozen!
Think he gives a shit at this point?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Polecat666 wrote:

Why would he not? He has several teammates and half the NFL directly calling him out for it. That’s gonna make things awkward especially for someone who cares as much about the team as I think he does.

I kind of feel bad for him. He read the room wrong. His stance was a mainstream stance four years ago. It doesn’t seem like it is any longer.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:02 pm 

He should tweet something back to LeBron about China.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:03 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Polecat666 wrote:

Why would he not? He has several teammates and half the NFL directly calling him out for it. That’s gonna make things awkward especially for someone who cares as much about the team as I think he does.

I kind of feel bad for him. He read the room wrong. His stance was a mainstream stance four years ago. It doesn’t seem like it is any longer.

I think he surrounds himself with some pretty hardcore Republican groups. This was just dumb.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:04 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:

That would be fucking great. I would take a goddamn vacation day tomorrow from work just to read Left Twitter lose their fucking mind

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:09 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
badrogue17 wrote:

:lol: :lol:

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
FavreFan wrote:
Polecat666 wrote:

It could also sink his chance to be the next Romo after he retires.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:14 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:

...or ask why LeBron never kneeled and why the NBA has rules against it.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Brees has been a great guy for years. He just donated $5 million fo COVID relief in New Orleans. He donated a ton back to Purdue. Saying he supports the flag is so controversial that it negates that?

Lebron needs to shut the fuck up. He wanted the NBA to punish Morey for a Hong Kong tweet. And now he's sending his audience to attack Brees for not being in exact lockstep.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:22 pm 

WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
Brees has been a great guy for years. He just donated $5 million fo COVID relief in New Orleans. He donated a ton back to Purdue. Saying he supports the flag is so controversial that it negates that?

Lebron needs to shut the fuck up. He wanted the NBA to punish Morey for a Hong Kong tweet. And now he's sending his audience to attack Brees for not being in exact lockstep.

Take the advice you just gave.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:37 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:

Have another meltdown old man.

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:38 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:

Go fuck yourself racist pos.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:41 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:

:lol:

Coming from the guy who logs on shitfaced 5 nights a week with typo filled posts ranting about black people this is quite amusing.

Get some mirror time.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:56 pm 

From everything I’ve seen Cam is a pretty cool guy. Not exactly an Eric Reid activist type. I get the feeling Brees is gonna come out with some type of clarification/apology.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:19 pm 

FavreFan wrote:

From everything I’ve seen Cam is a pretty cool guy. Not exactly an Eric Reid activist type. I get the feeling Brees is gonna come out with some type of clarification/apology.

:lol: I gotta admit this almost had me

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:22 pm 

:lol: Alright which one of those did you see Julie RT before deleting?

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
FavreFan wrote:

It shouldn't matter if it's mainstream or not. He has the right to his opinion no matter who thinks he's right or wrong. So do his teammates. Neither side should hold it against or think less of the other for it. We can't function if those are the rules.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:24 pm 

FavreFan wrote:

I dont see the controversy in what Brees said at all. Its not racist to be patriotic about America, I mean its stupid and kind of flies in the face of common sense a lot of the time, but racist?

Apologies like this are rocket fuel for republican strategists.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:29 pm 

Antarctica wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

I dont see the controversy in what Brees said at all. Its not racist to be patriotic about America, I mean its stupid and kind of flies in the face of common sense a lot of the time, but racist?

Apologies like this are rocket fuel for republican strategists.

That’s why I put clarification/apology. I see him coming out with some type of statement saying he loves the flag etc but understands some view the protests as not flag related or some type of mealy mouthed nonsense.

With the current climate and half the Saints roster calling him out and Sean Payton going all in on the side of BLM I can’t imagine he will just ignore it or double down. Maybe he does though. Good for him if he does.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:30 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
:lol: Alright which one of those did you see Julie RT before deleting?

:lol: Might be hard to believe but I haven’t even checked her feed for a few days but it’s a reasonable assumption this was on there for sure .

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:32 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

...or ask why LeBron never kneeled and why the NBA has rules against it.

MANY don't recognize this because they can wear t-shirts in warmup.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:33 pm 

Spaulding wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

It shouldn't matter if it's mainstream or not. He has the right to his opinion no matter who thinks he's right or wrong. So do his teammates. Neither side should hold it against or think less of the other for it. We can't function if those are the rules.

This isn’t a political issue along the lines of taxes or even abortion. It’s deeper than that to those who care about it.

You might be right us not being able to function like that but I don’t think that’s changing any time soon. We’re gonna have to come to some sort of consensus on it as a society that we’re far away from currently.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:37 pm 

This article is not written in any known language. It's rambling mentioning things that do not belong in the article or make sense in next to each other.

Quote:
Here’s another history lesson for Drew Brees: Adolf Hitler greatly admired the American system that committed genocide against Native Americans and enslaved and oppressed African-Americans for centuries. In 1935, The Atlantic reports, Nazi Germany sent 45 lawyers to New York to acquire “special insight into the workings of American legal and economic life through study and lectures.”

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
FavreFan wrote:
This isn’t a political issue along the lines of taxes or even abortion. It’s deeper than that to those who care about it.

You might be right us not being able to function like that but I don’t think that’s changing any time soon. We’re gonna have to come to some sort of consensus on it as a society that we’re far away from currently.

Yeah and that flag and what it represents is still important. That's Bree's whole point.

And my point is if you refuse to allow for that then the flag doesn't mean anything. We've lost. It's one of the most fundamental and basic building blocks of our country. He has every right to think what he does and express it. His though isn't even an egregious thought. It's right in line with don't burn it, imo.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:56 pm 

If I hear one more fuckin' thing about that native american genocide I'm gonna tear this motherfucking roof off like two dogs caged

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:02 pm 

Spaulding wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Yeah and that flag and what it represents is still important. That's Bree's whole point.

And my point is if you refuse to allow for that then the flag doesn't mean anything. We've lost. It's one of the most fundamental and basic building blocks of our country. He has every right to think what he does and express it. His though isn't even an egregious thought. It's right in line with don't burn it, imo.

Right. The disconnect is they aren’t burning the flag or disrespecting it. A Green Beret specifically counseled Kap on kneeling being the best way to silently protest while not disrespecting the anthem or the flag.

To rock my soul

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 545 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 19  Next