It is currently Fri Jun 07, 2024 5:30 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Saquon Barkley
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:48 am 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
He's going to be a star but there's really no way to tell if he will be transcendent , which is how good he'll have to be to move the needle for the Bears next year. He'd have to be in the GOAT conversation to justify the cost of trading up to get him.

There is .00000000001% chance he falls to 8 unless he gets hurt or does something uncharacteristically stupid between now and the draft.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:01 am 

This years first and next years first would probably get them up to the Colts pick at #3 where Barkley should still be available assuming Cleveland and New York both grab QB's. That's probably the cost. They would also be able to either sell Howard for something useful or use him as part of a doom backfield of death that would be extremely interesting if not a little redundant.

I can talk myself into being on board with this if the Bears make the right moves in free agency. I am naturally predisposed to the "its so crazy it just might work" proposals. They would absolutely have to sign Allen Robinson to make this work though. Moving Barkley all over the field to abuse matchups only works if they have a true #1 WR the defense has to pay attention to.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:16 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
America wrote:
This years first and next years first would probably get them up to the Colts pick at #3 where Barkley should still be available assuming Cleveland and New York both grab QB's. That's probably the cost. They would also be able to either sell Howard for something useful or use him as part of a doom backfield of death that would be extremely interesting if not a little redundant.

I can talk myself into being on board with this if the Bears make the right moves in free agency. I am naturally predisposed to the "its so crazy it just might work" proposals. They would absolutely have to sign Allen Robinson to make this work though. Moving Barkley all over the field to abuse matchups only works if they have a true #1 WR the defense has to pay attention to.

If he's as good as MANY believe he'll be you have to seriously consider moving up. (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky and this offense could use a star player. You would recoup some of the cost of trading up by dealing Howard. He should bring back a 2nd round pick or better. If thet land a Robinson and Watkins in free agency then you're talking about a team that can win the division IMMEDIATELY.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:42 am 

Well the advantage of having Howard is defenses won't know what to expect at all. Defenses only get an idea what an offense is going to do by the huddle. So the Bears could feasibly have a huddle with 3 runningbacks and a 300 lb tight end and it could just as easily be the T-formation as 4 wide. It would make match ups a bit of a nightmare for opponents.