It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 6:30 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 989 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 33  Next
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:20 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
man of few opinions wrote:
Furious Styles wrote:
Uni Watch: A Definitive Ranking of All 32 NFL Uniform Sets

https://www.insidehook.com/article/spor ... kings-2020

Sounds about right.

The BEST looking uniform in the league is banished to 30th on this list because of its "problematic" logo on the helmet. You just have to laugh at some of this shit.

Lukas probably only wrote that whole thing as a roundabout way to pat the ex-Redskins on the head for bowing to Woke Capital. Of course they're coming for the Chiefs next. My prediction is that there will be a campaign to beg corporations to buy the naming rights to Arrowhead and replace such a "problematic" name with one of a corporation --perhaps a bank that tells trans people that they are "seen" and they are valid.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:29 am 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
I get a kick out of his website but in recent years his "wokeness" and now his mask preaching have pushed me away.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:57 am 

pizza_Place: Dino's
I don't know him from dick, but he rightfully has the RAIDERS at #1, so you know I'm going to run with it.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:34 am 

back in the good old days mr. lukas had the Chiefs at no. 10. he's EVOLVED. to his credit he was all over the Redskins back then too - refusing to say "redskins" or even show the logo.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:41 am 

im a little surprised he loves Buffalo's uniform so much since it features a buffalo and conjures up painful reminders to our nations past ravaging the great plains and stealing the native Americans land and slaughtering the once plentiful herds of American Bison. It is a shameful chapter in white man history that would be best erased and forgotten, not glorified on a football helmet.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:12 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
MongoMuller wrote:
I can only assume people who think Ruggs is going to be a bust haven't watched him play or don't know much about him.

This is wrong. He was outproduced by Jeudy and Smith on his own team. WR prospects with the lack of college production that he had who have been drafted in the top 2 rounds have all been busts.

Ruggs might turn into a good NFL WR but if he does he will be a major outlier. It's not expected. And the folks skeptical aren't skeptical because they don't know much about him, it's precisely the opposite.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:14 am 

Furious Styles wrote:
Bears should sign PJ Hall.

:lol:

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:36 pm 

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:41 pm 

Furious Styles wrote:

Already talking about him being the Week 1 starter.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:26 am 

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:51 pm 

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:04 pm 

Furious Styles wrote:

Al was huge, even among western AFL teams for scouting HBCU's. And then sticking up for and playing those guys when they earned the spots.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
That’s a cool nugget. I didn’t know that about Al.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:22 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
Furious Styles wrote:

Al was huge, even among western AFL teams for scouting HBCU's. And then sticking up for and playing those guys when they earned the spots.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:52 pm 

Furious Styles wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Furious Styles wrote:

In fairness, old man Willie started with the Broncos iirc.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:49 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Colombo's
FavreFan wrote:
MongoMuller wrote:
I can only assume people who think Ruggs is going to be a bust haven't watched him play or don't know much about him.

This is wrong. He was outproduced by Jeudy and Smith on his own team. WR prospects with the lack of college production that he had who have been drafted in the top 2 rounds have all been busts.

Ruggs might turn into a good NFL WR but if he does he will be a major outlier. It's not expected. And the folks skeptical aren't skeptical because they don't know much about him, it's precisely the opposite.

Actually it is expected as none of the credible evaluators are saying he will be a bust. Most had him behind Lamb and Jeudy but they all expect him to be a good to great player. When Bucky Brooks was doing his re-evaluation of the Raiders draft he went back and re-watched his Ruggs tape. He said about 1/4 of the way into the college season he and most of the other evaluators had him #1 but something talked them out of it by the time of the draft and he couldn't figure out why. Then he realized it was because of his speed. They haven't seen a player with that kind of speed that didn't have a flaw in his game and they allowed that to talk them out of leaving him #1. He said there was nothing in his tape or workout that should have moved him out of the #1 position on his board. He does a podcast with Jeremiah called Move the Sticks that's pretty good.

The supposed lack of production doesn't hold up with Ruggs. He did what he was asked to do within the offense. The defense has to account for him at all times and that provides opportunities for the other receivers. That's why he was the unique receiver in the draft. You can't go by stats with Ruggs in college you have to watch the tape to see what's going on.

By the way he's looked great in practice making one handed grabs etc. I would be more worried about Jeudy's concentration drops. Is that something he'll shake as a pro? Who knows...Amari Cooper hasn't.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:52 pm 
1000 CLUB

Furious Styles wrote:
Bears should sign PJ Hall.

He visited the Texans today. I see Marinelli brought in another one of his Dallas hobos. I hope these bums aren't on scholarship. We lost Anthony Rush last season because Corey Liuget was on a Gruden scholarship.

Last edited by MongoMuller on Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:14 pm 
1000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:
You know, it's really difficult to find an Alabama game on national tv and they play no important games so I can see why no one but raider fans would be familiar with Ruggs

If you knew the Bears were looking at him you would have watched him a lot more closely was my point. I don't know maybe you really love football and you did spend hours watching his games and going over plays on youtube and reading evaluations. I'd be surprised if you did though and still thought he was going to be a bust...I just don't see it.

Probably should of combined my posts...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:07 am 

MongoMuller wrote:

The supposed lack of production doesn't hold up with Ruggs.

Sure it does. He was almost stunningly unproductive for a top 15 pick.

We'll see. Feel very confident that Bryan Edwards will have a better career and it won't be particularly close.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:19 am 

Hey, its the (kind of) preseason. Everyone is allowed to fall in love with their new toys. Bears!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:08 am 
1000 CLUB

FavreFan wrote:
MongoMuller wrote:

The supposed lack of production doesn't hold up with Ruggs.

Sure it does. He was almost stunningly unproductive for a top 15 pick.

We'll see. Feel very confident that Bryan Edwards will have a better career and it won't be particularly close.

I do think Alabama and even Ohio State make evaluations based on stats difficult though as they have so much talent on the roster. McLaurin faced a similar issue. With 2 top 15 receivers with the skill set of the proto NFL primary receiver I think Ruggs in the Tyreek Hill role did very well. I don't think anyone expects him to catch 90+ passes in a season. This season I'll be happy if he catches 46 balls for 800 yards and opens things up for Waller.

Edwards is the main reason I wasn't upset we didn't get Lamb. I had Lamb as my #1 and Ruggs #2 but Edwards is like the econo version of Lamb. I think Mayock played it perfect as he got the unique guy with the first pick then the guy with similar skills to his #1 guy (if the story about him liking Lamb best is true) later on. I would rather have Ruggs/Edwards than Lamb/Hamler for example.

I just hope they play games this season because the offense should be a lot of fun to watch.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:13 am 
1000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:
Hey, its the (kind of) preseason. Everyone is allowed to fall in love with their new toys. Bears!

I've hated so many picks over the years...this is the first time I liked every pick. Jamarcus Russell, Darius Heyward-Bey, and even Clellin Ferrell last season. I think Ferrell could be pretty good though...he was improving as the season went on and he went to a strength camp in offseason and bulked up. Passing on Allen, Oliver, and Bush though...that was rough.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:53 am 

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:32 pm 

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:24 am 

It looked more like poor tackling from a team that went 2-10.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:44 am 
1000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:

I've watched it twice and don't see any poor tackling unless you mean the guy that dove and was repelled by the turbulence from that 4.27 speed.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:04 pm 

He's contained by one of the four people at the six second mark if they have any clue about angles.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:14 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
He's contained by one of the four people at the six second mark if they have any clue about angles.

I see what your angle is and I don't like it one bit.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:15 pm 

MongoMuller wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

I've watched it twice and don't see any poor tackling unless you mean the guy that dove and was repelled by the turbulence from that 4.27 speed.

Yup.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:40 pm 
1000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:

To be fair to the kid that's when the sonic boom hit and he was momentarily stunned. Ruggs says he was timed at 24mph at Alabama...that's just insane. I'm curious to see where Next Gen clocks him. His top end is legit.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 989 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 33  Next