It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 12:56 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 461 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 5:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
He could have already gotten paid . Not everyone gets the big bucks while not winning playoff games ala Cousins.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

Last edited by badrogue17 on Thu Jan 12, 2023 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 5:49 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
Nas wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Nas wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
blackhawksfan wrote:
Good thing the Ravens didn't panic and give him a huge contract like Arizona did with Murray

There’s plenty of “if I were Lamar, I wouldn’t play injured either because they didn’t pay him and why risk it” tweets out there that’s for sure.

They're right. MVP Lamar Jackson can't get a deal, but an out of breath Roquan got $100M, Masseuse got $250M, Wilson got an extra $160M, and Call of Duty got $230M from Arizona. Jackson would be a fool to risk his health without a long-term investment from the Ravens.

If he plays well, he'll get whatever $$ he wants. If he doesn't play and it is leaked to the media that he could have that will hurt him.

He should have already gotten paid. He's better than every guy who has. If he goes out and plays on an "unstable" knee to prove he's a team player, he's an idiot. The Ravens want to build around their defense. Any quarterback and Mark Andrews should easily be able to score a bunch of points, according to the organization.

Depends on what he's asking for. If he is insisting on a Watson type deal that is fully guaranteed then no. If is looking for a Josh Allen type deal then yes.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 5:58 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Franky T wrote:
Nas wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Nas wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
blackhawksfan wrote:
Good thing the Ravens didn't panic and give him a huge contract like Arizona did with Murray

There’s plenty of “if I were Lamar, I wouldn’t play injured either because they didn’t pay him and why risk it” tweets out there that’s for sure.

They're right. MVP Lamar Jackson can't get a deal, but an out of breath Roquan got $100M, Masseuse got $250M, Wilson got an extra $160M, and Call of Duty got $230M from Arizona. Jackson would be a fool to risk his health without a long-term investment from the Ravens.

If he plays well, he'll get whatever $$ he wants. If he doesn't play and it is leaked to the media that he could have that will hurt him.

He should have already gotten paid. He's better than every guy who has. If he goes out and plays on an "unstable" knee to prove he's a team player, he's an idiot. The Ravens want to build around their defense. Any quarterback and Mark Andrews should easily be able to score a bunch of points, according to the organization.

Depends on what he's asking for. If he is insisting on a Watson type deal that is fully guaranteed then no. If is looking for a Josh Allen type deal then yes.

Mahomes, Burrow, and Allen are the only quarterbacks that are better. They all have better weapons around them. If Call of Duty can get $190M guaranteed from the Cardinals, I see no reason why Jackson shouldn't get Watson like guaranteed money. Jackson has an MVP. Jackson didn't sexually assault anyone or have any off the field problems, and he's the only reason the Raves offense can score points.

Where is Caller Bob and his vaccine conspiracies? Jackson didn't take the jab!

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

"I don’t care about you; I just want your vote.”
Trump '24

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 6:00 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Franky T wrote:
Nas wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Nas wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
blackhawksfan wrote:

Gotta be nuts to give lamar jackson 6-256$ he ain't josh allen, he's only dangerous when he's running and he stopped doing that..dude sucks at pocket passing and he's missed a lot of games the last couple years.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 6:00 pm 

because other teams have been stupid with the money they have thrown at their quarterbacks the Ravens should also be?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 6:02 pm 

So your rationale is some dipshit paid Midget Murray foolishly so another GM should double down on dumb ?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 6:04 pm 

There’s no way I’m giving a running quarterback, who’s production is dipping and is now getting injured the kind of fully guaranteed money that he wants. If the Bears were in the situation with their quarterback, it’s adios Muchacho.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 6:06 pm 
100000 CLUB

badrogue17 wrote:
because other teams have been stupid with the money they have thrown at their quarterbacks the Ravens should also be?

The Ravens had no problem being stupid with a linebacker who has given NOTHING to the organization. The Ravens aren't relevant without Lamar Jackson. Equanimeous St Brown would EASILY be their best WR. They shouldn't become frugal when it comes to Jackson.

Trump '24

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 6:10 pm 
100000 CLUB

badrogue17 wrote:
There’s no way I’m giving a running quarterback, who’s production is dipping and is now getting injured the kind of fully guaranteed money that he wants. If the Bears were in the situation with their quarterback, it’s adios Muchacho.

He started the season playing at an MVP level until his only NFL level target got injured. If you took Josh Allen's receivers away, I imagine he wouldn't be great either. Mahomes and Burrow are probably the only guys who can make something out of nothing.

Trump '24

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 6:15 pm 
100000 CLUB

312player wrote:

If he plays well, he'll get whatever $$ he wants. If he doesn't play and it is leaked to the media that he could have that will hurt him.[/quote]

He should have already gotten paid. He's better than every guy who has. If he goes out and plays on an "unstable" knee to prove he's a team player, he's an idiot. The Ravens want to build around their defense. Any quarterback and Mark Andrews should easily be able to score a bunch of points, according to the organization.[/quote]
Depends on what he's asking for. If he is insisting on a Watson type deal that is fully guaranteed then no. If is looking for a Josh Allen type deal then yes.[/quote]

Gotta be nuts to give lamar jackson 6-256$ he ain't josh allen, he's only dangerous when he's running and he stopped doing that..dude sucks at pocket passing and he's missed a lot of games the last couple years.[/quote]

I love Josh Allen, but he's not winning with the offense LJ has.

Trump '24

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 6:15 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:

I'd pay Hurts, he's a tough sob.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 6:17 pm 

Watson is going to be a beast next year, watch.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 6:18 pm 
100000 CLUB

312player wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

Lamar Jackson is a better player than Hurts.

Trump '24

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 6:19 pm 

Nas wrote:
312player wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

If lamar is running for 80 plus a game..yeah, agree

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 6:24 pm 
100000 CLUB

312player wrote:
Nas wrote:
312player wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

If lamar is running for 80 plus a game..yeah, agree

If Lamar had the same weapons he would be in the conversation with Mahomes. He's been elite with significantly less. Hurts is a product of arguably the best offensive weapons in football. He still missed 2 games because of an injury.

Trump '24

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 6:33 pm 
100000 CLUB

Lamar Jackson had nearly 4k yards in 12 games last season. His only legit target was Mark Andrews, and he didn't have 1 NFL caliber running back. What did the Ravens do? Weaken the receiving corps, invest in their defense, and refuse to put Jackson in the same class as Watson.

Edit: I just heard Adam Schefter say the Ravens contract offer only included $130M in guarantees. That is $100M less than Masseuse and $60M less than Call of Duty. It was an insult.

Trump '24

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:46 pm 

Guaranteed money is all that matters in these contracts. Josh Allen got $160m guaranteed. I wouldn't offer Jackson anything more than that. Just because a couple dumb owners gave more to Murray and Watson doesn't change my mind if I'm the Ravens. They can franchise him and force his hand.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
The Ravens made the same mistake the dumbass Packers did - not capitalizing on their QB. They're weak at WR and actually traded away their WR1 - who's really a WR2 at best - to get worse at the position. They have about 20 RBs and one legit TE that gets tripled team every play because there's no one else worth covering. Really stupid management of the roster.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:38 pm 
100000 CLUB

Franky T wrote:
Guaranteed money is all that matters in these contracts. Josh Allen got $160m guaranteed. I wouldn't offer Jackson anything more than that. Just because a couple dumb owners gave more to Murray and Watson doesn't change my mind if I'm the Ravens. They can franchise him and force his hand.

Josh Allen signed his deal 2 years ago. The market for quarterbacks changes every year. If that weren't the case, Josh Allen and about 4 or 5 other quarterbacks wouldn't have more guaranteed money than Mahomes. Burrow is going to cost significantly more than both next offseason. Jackson should get about 15-20% less in guarantees than Burrow.

I'm not sure what the Ravens' cap situation is, but tagging Jackson may require them to cut others. I don't think a QB tag is in the $20M range anymore. I think it's closer to $50M.

Trump '24

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:46 pm 

I'd be confident in saying that L.J. never wins a SB. I'd bet Burrow and Allen do. The guy was air mailing wide open receivers all season and holding onto the ball way too long. I watched a lot of Baltimore games this year..the guy was my QB in both leagues.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
312player wrote:
I'd be confident in saying that L.J. never wins a SB. I'd bet Burrow and Allen do. The guy was air mailing wide open receivers all season and holding onto the ball way too long. I watched a lot of Baltimore games this year..the guy was my QB in both leagues.

His receivers suck. Give him aj brown and smith and watch him lap hurts' production.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:51 pm 
100000 CLUB

312player wrote:

There are a lot of great quarterbacks who will never win a SB. Allen and Burrow have stud WR's around them. Equanimeous St Brown would be Jackson's best WR. Jackson put up 4,000 yards in 12 games last season with fewer weapons than either have played with in their entire careers.

Trump '24

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 8:17 am 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Nas wrote:
312player wrote:

There are a lot of great quarterbacks who will never win a SB.

False. You're not a truly great NFL QB if you never win the Super Bowl. You might be a good quarterback, maybe even a very good NFL QB, but you're not a true great without a chip.

Not all QB's with a Lombardi are true greats. Many shitty QB's win Super Bowls: Dilfer, Flacco, Roethlisberger, Plunkett, Williams, Hostetler, Rypien, Namath, Johnson, Eli.

But all true greats--Montana, Elway, Favre, Brady, Brees, Peyton, Rodgers, Mahomes--win the Super Bowl.

Marino, Kelly, Tarkenton, Fouts, McNabb, Cunningham, Rivers...very good QB's, but not true greats.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 8:46 am 

Take a closer look at the career stats between Roethlisberger and Rodgers before so casually calling one shitty and one an all-time great. Big Ben has more SB appearances (and wins), more playoff wins, more yards, more wins and more 4th quarter comebacks. Rodger has the edge in TD/INT ratio and is a better passer, but to call Ben shitty is just wrong.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 8:56 am 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Would it have killed Big Ben to score even a FG to cover in the 2nd half of games whenever I bet on em to cover the spread? Fuck his rapist, non-2nd half scoring ass. Fat-ass probably in there at halftime eating cheesesteak burgers or primantis or whatever pile of meat on toast they eat in Pittsburgh. And then going 3 and out the rest of the game cuz he's gotta take a massive dump and doesn't wanna shit himself on the field.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 1:03 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Hussra wrote:
Would it have killed Big Ben to score even a FG to cover in the 2nd half of games whenever I bet on em to cover the spread? Fuck his rapist, non-2nd half scoring ass. Fat-ass probably in there at halftime eating cheesesteak burgers or primantis or whatever pile of meat on toast they eat in Pittsburgh. And then going 3 and out the rest of the game cuz he's gotta take a massive dump and doesn't wanna shit himself on the field.

Is that on Ben or the coaching staff playing it safe and running the clock?
Big Ben was / is a hunk of shit of a person, but his numbers are pretty impressive over a long career.

If the Ravens ever re-build a dominating defense, you bet your ass he'd win a super bowl. Jackson is very talented and still young....we may some him get patter at passing as his career goes on. I'm not putting him in the elite tier, but I'm not ruling him out just yet.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 1:06 pm 

Nas wrote:
312player wrote:

There are a lot of great quarterbacks who will never win a SB. Allen and Burrow have stud WR's around them. Equanimeous St Brown would be Jackson's best WR. Jackson put up 4,000 yards in 12 games last season with fewer weapons than either have played with in their entire careers.

Marino is the only great qb to not win a sb.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 1:08 pm 

I would put Jim Kelly in that list as well. But There are not many thats for sure

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 1:21 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Rivers?

Aaron Rodgers is a Jay Cutler knee sprain away from being on that list.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 1:30 pm 
100000 CLUB

Franky T wrote:
Take a closer look at the career stats between Roethlisberger and Rodgers before so casually calling one shitty and one an all-time great. Big Ben has more SB appearances (and wins), more playoff wins, more yards, more wins and more 4th quarter comebacks. Rodger has the edge in TD/INT ratio and is a better passer, but to call Ben shitty is just wrong.

Agreed. The Packers wish they had Big Ben.

Trump '24

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 461 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next