It is currently Fri Jun 07, 2024 5:40 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 421 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2022 5:09 pm 

WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
man of few opinions wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Unless they really did give Flores an interview just to humiliate him which would then beg the question. Why?

This really is the question that needs to be answered. There is no reasonable reason that fits Flores’ narrative.

The narrative is asking why clowns like Joe Judge, Kliff Kingsbury or the variety of patronage guys like the guy in Atlanta have been hired?

Or an assistant high school coach like Josh McCowan or any of the recent hires with no play calling experience receive any critical analysis.

Josh McCowan is just an assistant high school coach. No NFL experience at all. It's always anecdotal when there is a narrative to sell. NFL owners are happy to enrich black players, but when it comes to coaches their inner racism kicks in or something.

Do you have a coherent thought or just triggered as usual? There's a clear double standard that bigots like you and cloistered team owners fully embrace. Because otherwise you have nothing to add.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2022 5:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Originally I thought that the Giants' second interview of Flores was in case another team like the Bears made Daboll a crazy offer, it was simply a precaution to make sure that Daboll negotiated with the Giants in some reasonable level of faith.

I've been in plenty of situations where a procurement is wired for a firm and they bring three in to interview. I've even had a client ask me to throw a token bid in on something to ensure they got enough bidders, for something my team wasn't interested in doing.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2022 5:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
Originally I thought that the Giants' second interview of Flores was in case another team like the Bears made Daboll a crazy offer, it was simply a precaution to make sure that Daboll negotiated with the Giants in some reasonable level of faith.

I've been in plenty of situations where a procurement is wired for a firm and they bring three in to interview. I've even had a client ask me to throw a token bid in on something to ensure they got enough bidders, for something my team wasn't interested in doing.

It’s kind of a fact of life. There’s a racial essentialism behind Flores’ gripe. Almost every adult in the world has had a similar experience, but most aren’t entitled enough to sue somebody over it.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2022 6:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
This Ends in Antioch wrote:

It’s kind of a fact of life. There’s a racial essentialism behind Flores’ gripe. Almost every adult in the world has had a similar experience, but most aren’t entitled enough to sue somebody over it.

There is a bit of a cultural shift as well. Stuff that my junior "minions" would have trusted me and done for that type of stuff ten years ago, my last year or two in management they would think they were too good to do it.

Somebody is telling Flores his shit doesn't stink.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2022 6:10 pm 

There is a bit of a cultural shift as well. Stuff that my junior "minions" would have trusted me and done for that type of stuff ten years ago, my last year or two in management they would think they were too good to do it.

He’s a few years older than me and based on what I saw growing up, I suspect he’s been told as much his whole life.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2022 6:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere

I honestly have to call three places every year asking for a product I know doesn't exist so I can provide these contacts to certifiers and then purchase an acceptable alternative. Its a big waste of time and I have to apologize to these people. I mean, seriously I have their catalogs I know the answer but they demand personal contact.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2022 6:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Fuck Flores . He has zero reason to gripe when all he did when he had a chance to effect change was hire the status quo. Get over it bro .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2022 7:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Regular Reader wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Unless they really did give Flores an interview just to humiliate him which would then beg the question. Why?

This really is the question that needs to be answered. There is no reasonable reason that fits Flores’ narrative.

The narrative is asking why clowns like Joe Judge, Kliff Kingsbury or the variety of patronage guys like the guy in Atlanta have been hired?

Or an assistant high school coach like Josh McCowan or any of the recent hires with no play calling experience receive any critical analysis.

Josh McCowan is just an assistant high school coach. No NFL experience at all. It's always anecdotal when there is a narrative to sell. NFL owners are happy to enrich black players, but when it comes to coaches their inner racism kicks in or something.

Do you have a coherent thought or just triggered as usual? There's a clear double standard that bigots like you and cloistered team owners fully embrace. Because otherwise you have nothing to add.

It’s always a racial gripe with you. That’s the only thing that’s clear. It’s amazing that this racist conspiracy only happens with coaches. Happy to give billions to players though.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2022 7:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
If evidence is being held for the right time by Flores & Jackson is sounds suspicious like it's being created in a laboratory.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2022 7:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Beek's
Hue Jackson should never have gotten a second head coaching gig. He tried to big foot the GM in Oakland, got fired and was a disaster from the get go in Cleveland. I'd compare Hue to Rich Kotite, but that would be doing a disservice to Kotite.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2022 8:55 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
McCown has been a backup quarterback for like 20 dang years, of course someone was gonna make him a coach. It's a better hire than Jon Gruden, in all honesty.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2022 12:18 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
I've wanted to like Flores but this isn't a good look. It just reinforces the narrative coming out of Miami papers (led by an African American reporter) that the dude just doesn't know how to get along/treat people, including minority players.

I've personally arranged interviews for candidates when I already knew a prior candidate is most likely going to be hired. That is because you have to go through the process regardless and also just in case your preferred candidate doesn't accept your offer, so then you have backup options.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2022 1:08 pm 
Site Admin

Regular Reader wrote:
Seacrest wrote:

Brian Flores is and was a patronage guy. Probably not anymore though!

Joe Judge got a job apparently for the same reason that Brian Flores did. He came off the bill Belichick coaching tree.

Flores got fired from a job apparently because not even his own players could stand him.

Or anyone else for that matter. Something that appears to also apply to Joe Judge. Kingsbury is an innovative offensive coach who came with head coaching experience.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2022 1:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
Joe judges job was safe until his post-game rant after the bears, and his fate was sealed by the 2nd and 3rd down “we give up” play call embarrassment against the redskins. It was right there for him to come back and he self-destructed. Which, in the end, was a win for the Giants.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2022 1:46 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Seacrest wrote:

Joe Judge got a job apparently for the same reason that Brian Flores did. He came off the bill Belichick coaching tree.

Flores got fired from a job apparently because not even his own players could stand him.

Or anyone else for that matter. Something that appears to also apply to Joe Judge. Kingsbury is an innovative offensive coach who came with head coaching experience.

Funny that you say that. Chuck Noll's players didn't particularly care for him and I know for a fact that many of Ditka' s players here and in New Orleans couldn't stand him. But it's a big deal in this case?

And fwiw, Kingsbury is a garbage coach who can't win games in the back half of any season. College or pro. Innovative my rear end. He's gimmicky at best and easily figured out.

Flores' teams have two of the only winning seasons in the last decade for the franchise, but suddenly no one likes him? Dan Campbell had a crap team, fired a coach in year one but similarly had his team playing hard for him in the second half of the year and rightfully should be viewed favorably (despite his goofy start). What's the difference?

Doug Pederson was quitting on his team and has a new job. No one bats an eye? Adam Gase was a fuck up wherever he went but never received the same criticism levelled against a coach who won with crap? Why?

And no, I don't respect the GM that fired him either. Is that racial? What suggests he's good at his job? Or isn't burdened by yet another idiot owner?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2022 1:48 pm 

Joe judges job was safe until his post-game rant after the bears, and his fate was sealed by the 2nd and 3rd down “we give up” play call embarrassment against the redskins. It was right there for him to come back and he self-destructed. Which, in the end, was a win for the Giants.

Firing Gettleman was the bigger win. Just like the firing of Ted Phillips one day will be here as well.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2022 2:13 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Regular Reader wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Seacrest wrote:

Funny that you say that. Chuck Noll's players didn't particularly care for him and I know for a fact that many of Ditka' s players here and in New Orleans couldn't stand him. But it's a big deal in this case?

And fwiw, Kingsbury is a garbage coach who can't win games in the back half of any season. College or pro. Innovative my rear end. He's gimmicky at best and easily figured out.

Flores' teams have two of the only winning seasons in the last decade for the franchise, but suddenly no one likes him? Dan Campbell had a crap team, fired a coach in year one but similarly had his team playing hard for him in the second half of the year and rightfully should be viewed favorably (despite his goofy start). What's the difference?

Doug Pederson was quitting on his team and has a new job. No one bats an eye? Adam Gase was a fuck up wherever he went but never received the same criticism levelled against a coach who won with crap? Why?

And no, I don't respect the GM that fired him either. Is that racial? What suggests he's good at his job? Or isn't burdened by yet another idiot owner?

Let's get to the nuts and bolts of this. It seems to me Flores got run out of town for winning too much. I can't imagine a coach going home at night and trying to sleep knowing the owner of the team wants you to lose. Anybody who's competitive and has played and coached would find that infuriating. And then to get fired and get gossiped about, thereby poisoning your rep? Fuck Corporate NFL and all their sycophants.

The guy just wants to do his job(much like Joe Rogan). I'd hire him in a second.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2022 2:15 pm 

Nardi we're in the same spot.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2022 3:51 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
The MBAification of front offices, where tanking is a necessary step, doesn't even apply to the NFL. The Dolphins are idiots and Flores did nothing wrong.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2022 6:09 pm 
Site Admin

Nardi wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Seacrest wrote:

Let's get to the nuts and bolts of this. It seems to me Flores got run out of town for winning too much. I can't imagine a coach going home at night and trying to sleep knowing the owner of the team wants you to lose. Anybody who's competitive and has played and coached would find that infuriating. And then to get fired and get gossiped about, thereby poisoning your rep? Fuck Corporate NFL and all their sycophants.

The guy just wants to do his job(much like Joe Rogan). I'd hire him in a second.

If you think Flores got run out of town for winning too much, then show your work.

Teams tank all the time. Players and coaches don’t always find it infuriating.

Brian Flores was a patronage hire. And the Belichick tree now has an ever growing list of folks that haven’t worked out.
MANY of them for the same reason.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:22 am 

Theo ruins baseball with his tanking strategy and ends up infecting all sports. Then he takes a high paid league job to figure out how to eliminate tanking. What a scam!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 11:10 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Regular Reader wrote:
Nardi we're in the same spot.

Add me to this team, as well.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 11:16 am 

Nardi wrote:

That's your take from this? He won too much? He seems like an insecure person with identity issues. He refused to meet with Tom Brady. Sure seems like someone who was really interested in winning.

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 1:48 pm 
Site Admin

Two years after allegedly being offered cash to lose, he won too much and was fired.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 2:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
If you win, no one bats an eye at all the things Flores was accused of, but for some reason in this case he's unhirable now (well the argument seems to be before the suit he was). I mean you can argue what he did with the Dolphins fits the "winning" category pretty loosely, but most people would agree he took them to their ceiling.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 2:17 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
KDdidit wrote:
If you win, no one bats an eye at all the things Flores was accused of, but for some reason in this case he's unhirable now (well the argument seems to be before the suit he was). I mean you can argue what he did with the Dolphins fits the "winning" category pretty loosely, but most people would agree he took them to their ceiling.

You said it earlier....something stunk with all the media vitriol on Flores.
The record of the Dolphins proved the guy squeezed everything he could out of a shit roster.

He clearly is a good coach.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 2:23 pm 

BigW72 wrote:
KDdidit wrote:

You said it earlier....something stunk with all the media vitriol on Flores.
The record of the Dolphins proved the guy squeezed everything he could out of a shit roster.

He clearly is a good coach.

The weirdest thing to me is it seemed like he’d get a job sooner rather than later but he went and nuked himself.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 2:26 pm 

He was impossible to get along with, and he went scorched earth on the progressive organization that invested in him. The Dolphins might be the most progressive organization in the NFL. He's untrustworthy and setting back other black coaches by his actions. I would say that outweighs going .500.

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 2:36 pm 

He was impossible to get along with, and he went scorched earth on the progressive organization that invested in him. The Dolphins might be the most progressive organization in the NFL. He's untrustworthy and setting back other black coaches by his actions. I would say that outweighs going .500.

Look who's talking about more stuff he isn't privy to nor qualified to. Yet another clown who knows nothing about sports or being athletic.

Stick to knitting loser.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 2:46 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Seacrest wrote:
Two years after allegedly being offered cash to lose, he won too much and was fired.

Who says Seacrest never catches on.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 421 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next