It is currently Wed May 22, 2024 10:20 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 545 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 19  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Spaulding wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
This isn’t a political issue along the lines of taxes or even abortion. It’s deeper than that to those who care about it.

You might be right us not being able to function like that but I don’t think that’s changing any time soon. We’re gonna have to come to some sort of consensus on it as a society that we’re far away from currently.

Yeah and that flag and what it represents is still important. That's Bree's whole point.

And my point is if you refuse to allow for that then the flag doesn't mean anything. We've lost. It's one of the most fundamental and basic building blocks of our country. He has every right to think what he does and express it. His though isn't even an egregious thought. It's right in line with don't burn it, imo.

Right. The disconnect is they aren’t burning the flag or disrespecting it. A Green Beret specifically counseled Kap on kneeling being the best way to silently protest while not disrespecting the anthem or the flag.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
The right way to view Kaepernick from day one was as a cheap opportunist who's on-field career was clearly over and resorted to picking at racial scabs to stay relevant. What he didn't wasn't in itself disrespectful, except I guess to our collective ability to call people on their obvious bullshit. Which let's be fair Americans are about as good at that as they losing weight.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:10 pm 

Antarctica wrote:
The right way to view Kaepernick from day one was as a cheap opportunist who's on-field career was clearly over and resorted to picking at racial scabs to stay relevant. What he didn't wasn't in itself disrespectful, except I guess to our collective ability to call people on their obvious bullshit. Which let's be fair Americans are about as good at that as they losing weight.

Either that’s wrong, or he’s spent millions of his own dollars and a lot of his own time supporting the facade which, whatever at the end of the day it’s still a good cause. Don’t get this argument.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:14 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Antarctica wrote:

Either that’s wrong, or he’s spent millions of his own dollars and a lot of his own time supporting the facade which, whatever at the end of the day it’s still a good cause. Don’t get this argument.

Dude's a brand sell out. From day one this is what it was about. It was all a work.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Racial equality brought to you by Nike. Get back to work Ling or you get the stick again.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
FavreFan wrote:
Right. The disconnect is they aren’t burning the flag or disrespecting it. A Green Beret specifically counseled Kap on kneeling being the best way to silently protest while not disrespecting the anthem or the flag.

So? That's one Green Beret's opinion. His opinion is shared and not shared by millions. I'd bet there are millions that don't give a crap what he does. They all have the right to believe whatever they believe. The NBA bans it, why?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:29 pm 

Spaulding wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

So? That's one Green Beret's opinion. His opinion is shared and not shared by millions. I'd bet there are millions that don't give a crap what he does. They all have the right to believe whatever they believe. The NBA bans it, why?

So a Green Beret’s opinion, an honorable vet, not a shitbag, means a lot. It’s not just one man’s opinion. Even if his fellow vets disagree that voice carries weight among them.

It’s interesting because I have 100+ old Army buddies on FB and there’s been some interesting interaction. I’ve seen some good old boys change their minds a bit and I’ve seen some other ugly fights between guys who used to call each other brothers. There’s never going to be a consensus on this, even within the military

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
I don't get how you can have American flag thongs and other undergarments and that's fine, but kneeling before the flag, which presupposes respect of what the flag represents, is disrespectful.
I personally wouldn't kneel but the whole thing is protesting how society in the view of some is not living up to what the flag represents, not that what the flag represents is unworthy of respect.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:31 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
I don't get how you can have American flag thongs and other undergarments and that's fine, but kneeling before the flag, which presupposes respect of what the flag represents, is disrespectful.
I personally wouldn't kneel but the whole thing is protesting how society in the view of some is not living up to what the flag represents, not that what the flag represents is unworthy of respect.

It was political exploitation for both sides, look no further than FF's preceding post on it. It riled people up because that's what it was meant to do. I dont think even Kaepernick thought it would catch on as much as it did, but oh boy did he lean in once he sensed the opportunity.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:34 pm 

All those opinions are important and valid. The disagreers are just as important voices.

I mostly agree with vegan.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:34 pm 

The best part of the whole thing was when they asked Marshawn Lynch his thoughts on it at the time and he said something like “I don’t give a fuck dawg I sit down half the time anyway” and then multiple clips of him just sitting chillin during the anthem the previous year or two came up

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:36 pm 

Spaulding wrote:
I mostly agree with vegan.

Never a great position to find yourself in. Stay strong

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:55 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
The best part of the whole thing was when they asked Marshawn Lynch his thoughts on it at the time and he said something like “I don’t give a fuck dawg I sit down half the time anyway” and then multiple clips of him just sitting chillin during the anthem the previous year or two came up

:lol: Marshawn is great.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:59 pm 

FavreFan wrote:

That's awesome. :lol: :lol: He has every right to not give a shit.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:24 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:48 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:51 am 

Terry's Peeps wrote:

I think we can all learn a lot from this. Many on this board should make a similar statement.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:11 am 

Terry's Peeps wrote:

Has Kaep ever apologized for having his opinion ?

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:44 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Why would he?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:47 am 

Don Tiny wrote:
Why would he?

Exactly .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:03 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
badrogue17 wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
Why would he?

Exactly .

All opinions are not equally valid or informed.

Someone says the Earth is flat? They're a moron. It's not enlightened to give it credence.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:17 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Don Tiny wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
Why would he?

Exactly .

All opinions are not equally valid or informed.

Someone says the Earth is flat? They're a moron. It's not enlightened to give it credence.

I hear Bernise naturally going off right now and read earlier comments here as well as listened to the Bree's comments aren't people getting it wrong generally?

For instance, Bernsie says the Kap protest was kneeling during the anthem against police brutality, BLM full stop. It was not in any way against the flag and troops etc. I see that completely and it has been discussed over and over.

So if Brees says his view of the anthem is one way and explains how he feels about the matter as well as includes he understands civil rights matters might view differently whys is it wrong.

I did not Brees say Kap is wrong and and was going to act to get him or anyone to not do it. He said he strongly disagrees. Isn't that just the definition of difference of opinion?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:22 am 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
I don't get the hate toward Brees. He just said he doesn't believe in disrespecting the flag. Nothing wrong with that.

He's entitled to his opinion. Just because Lebron and others who have criticized him have a different opinion doesn't mean they are right or have the upper moral ground. If anything, they are showing their intolerance, which is fascist in of itself. They are guilty of what they are accusing.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:25 am 

veganfan21 wrote:

This is a fair viewpoint and respectful of the differing opinions of others.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:33 am 

Regular Reader wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

This is a fair viewpoint and respectful of the differing opinions of others.

That was my initial feeling and appreciate what you wrote even though to vegan. I have to say I can't do this today if there is some sort of making this entire matter about Brees. You can fill us in RR but wasn't he a champion of the majority of New Orleans people in the Katrina times?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:37 am 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
Some people generally don't get it. One random this morning, responding to Sportscenter's post about Stephen Jackson's video about Brees, said 'Respect for America and the flag comes #1. What did America ever do to you?'

No one wants to be held responsible for the sins of the father, and they shouldn't be. But you just can't pretend they didn't happen either. And while I've always believed, to some extent, groups of people like segregating themselves and want to be their own, unique identity... no one can honestly claim that the established systems aren't more difficult on some people than other people. And race is one of those determining factors.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:38 am 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Does Lebron even realize that what the flag represents in liberty is what gives him the right to have an opinion and to express his views?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:43 am 

IMU wrote:
Some people generally don't get it. One random this morning, responding to Sportscenter's post about Stephen Jackson's video about Brees, said 'Respect for America and the flag comes #1. What did America ever do to you?'

No one wants to be held responsible for the sins of the father, and they shouldn't be. But you just can't pretend they didn't happen either. And while I've always believed, to some extent, groups of people like segregating themselves and want to be their own, unique identity... no one can honestly claim that the established systems aren't more difficult on some people than other people. And race is one of those determining factors.

See Buddy I think it it people that share your opinion that are doing some conflating of the anthem thing. If as Kap said it is not about flag or anthem and it was a tool to bring attention to his cause. Then being against his choice of tool doesn't automatically dismiss his cause, sins of the father etc etc.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:46 am 

Dignified Rube wrote:
Does Lebron even realize that what the flag represents in liberty is what gives him the right to have an opinion and to express his views?

Do you even realize that to many, the flag doesn't represent that at all, or better yet, that a few stitched together pieces of cloth isn't what gives him those rights?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:48 am 

Dignified Rube wrote:

That also makes it an impactful thing to protest with. If the freedom fighters storming the state capitol of Michigan with guns can basically use it as a prop then so can Kaepernick.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 545 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 19  Next