It is currently Wed Jun 05, 2024 11:14 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 989 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 33  Next
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
It feels a little early to run my victory lap on Edwards > Ruggs but based on early reports from camp it’s a slam dunk

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:09 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Colombo's
FavreFan wrote:
It feels a little early to run my victory lap on Edwards > Ruggs but based on early reports from camp it’s a slam dunk

I'm not sure what you're talking about...they're both running with the 1's Edwards outside and Ruggs in the slot and Ruggs closed out practice today with 2 home run balls. They're both killing it in camp so far as expected. They're complimentary players that will be used differently so comparisons will be difficult as Edwards should have more targets and Ruggs more impact plays.

Last edited by MongoMuller on Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:11 pm 

MongoMuller wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

I'm not sure what you're talking about...they're both running with the 1's Edwards outside and Ruggs in the slot and Ruggs closed out practice today with 2 home run balls. They're both killing it in camp so far as expected.

Seems clear from the guys I follow that Edwards is standing out. All the quotes are about Edwards. Ruggs is just kind of there.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's
Henry Ruggs III against KC's secondary?

Light 'em up!

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:15 pm 

MongoMuller wrote:
They're complimentary players that will be used differently so comparisons will be difficult as Edwards should have more targets and Ruggs more impact plays.

Edwards will have more targets, catches, yards, and TDs.

Based on your Waller/Kittle thoughts I think by November you will be telling us why Edwards is better than Michael Thomas. You’re gonna love him.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:32 pm 

Furious Styles wrote:
Henry Ruggs III against KC's secondary?

Light 'em up!

Chargers won't contain him!

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:23 pm 
1000 CLUB

FavreFan wrote:
Edwards will have more targets, catches, yards, and TDs.

Based on your Waller/Kittle thoughts I think by November you will be telling us why Edwards is better than Michael Thomas. You’re gonna love him.

We agree on Edwards. The reason I was cool with Ruggs over Lamb was because of Edwards. I thought that was masterful by Mayock/Gruden because I like the complimentary aspect. Its just strange that a faster more skilled version of Hill/Hardman that catches everything thrown his way isn't getting any love.

The 11 group looks pretty great with a healthy Williams, Edwards, Ruggs, Waller, and Jacobs. Gruden has never had that much offensive talent to work with. Its going to depend on the offensive line. When healthy they might be the best unit in football but I can see a scenario where injuries could be a problem.

I just checked and according to some guy in Bangladesh (PFF) they are the #1 ranked unit...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:25 am 
1000 CLUB

FavreFan wrote:
Seems clear from the guys I follow that Edwards is standing out. All the quotes are about Edwards. Ruggs is just kind of there.

Are those fantasy guys? I took a look this morning on general twitter and wow I had no idea this was a real thing. I just follow the beat guys who are on site and give reports on camp as its happening. It seems the fantasy guys weren't aware Ruggs has been in the slot since the start of camp.

Tanner Muse ran stride for stride with Bowden and knocked the ball away. It looks like his speed is legit and he will be an interesting player if he can cover.

Brandon Parker has been getting destroyed. He seems like a nice guy but he's the worst offensive lineman I've ever seen. Only player in NFL history to give up 3 sacks on 3 consecutive plays. He almost got Jacobs killed last year in limited action. If Green Bay wants an early start to the Love era they should trade for this guy...he can make it happen.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:38 pm 

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:46 pm 
1000 CLUB

Nice play by Arnette. He's been the starting corner since camp opened so it looks like its him and Mullen. He's been the guy name dropped the most in the secondary so far so it looks like another case of Mayock winning again. Nobody liked that pick.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:59 pm 

Me too.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:17 pm 
1000 CLUB

Vincent Bonsignore does a podcast called In the Huddle if you haven't found it yet. He's at the practices then talks about what happened.

Bowden had a rough day. Its going to take some time which is why they really need to find a backup runningback. They can't roll with Booker or Rod Smith.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:18 pm 

MongoMuller wrote:
Vincent Bonsignore does a podcast called In the Huddle if you haven't found it yet. He's at the practices then talks about what happened.

Bowden had a rough day. Its going to take some time which is why they really need to find a backup runningback. They can't roll with Booker or Rod Smith.

You guys extended Jalen Richard and need a 3rd RB? I don't think the position requires three proven NFL backs

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:21 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
FavreFan wrote:
MongoMuller wrote:

You guys extended Jalen Richard and need a 3rd RB? I don't think the position requires three proven NFL backs

yeah but that certainly wouldn't hurt. you can't have too many good RBs... ask neal anderson.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:22 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
MongoMuller wrote:
They can't roll with Booker or Rod Smith.

if you can't roll with a guy named rod who can you roll with?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:31 pm 

MongoMuller wrote:
Nice play by Arnette. He's been the starting corner since camp opened so it looks like its him and Mullen. He's been the guy name dropped the most in the secondary so far so it looks like another case of Mayock winning again. Nobody liked that pick.

Indeed. Nice to have the steadying influence of Amukamara around for the young corners.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:47 pm 
1000 CLUB

FavreFan wrote:

They made offers to Gore and Hyde and based on reports were going to draft Moss in the 3rd so I think Gruden wants some insurance in case Jacobs goes down again. When their plan didn't pan out they scrambled and came up with Booker and Smith who are far from ideal. Richard is a very good 3rd down back but he's not the guy they want running the ball 25 times a game. In hindsight they probably wish they'd kept Washington another season. If Jacobs stays healthy its a non-issue but we don't really know how durable he's going to be yet.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:53 pm 
1000 CLUB

Furious Styles wrote:
Indeed. Nice to have the steadying influence of Amukamara around for the young corners.

Yeah I hope he sticks around and they don't release him now that it seems Arnette is as good as they thought. The guy I wonder about is Joyner. He was terrible last season and makes a lot of money. If Robertson beats him out I wouldn't be surprised if he was cut. Maybe they would move him back to safety but its pretty crowded over there.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:21 pm 

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:24 pm 

:lol: Sounds like a rough start to camp for my guy Bowden

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:36 pm 

Bowden always had the ball in his hands. Those guys never learn blocking until the pro level. It's like expecting James Harden to be a naturally good defender.

Arden Key a factor in year 3 would be huge.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:08 pm 
1000 CLUB

Furious Styles wrote:
Bowden always had the ball in his hands. Those guys never learn blocking until the pro level. It's like expecting James Harden to be a naturally good defender.

Arden Key a factor in year 3 would be huge.

Yeah I haven't allowed myself to get too excited about the Key reports yet but if he could finally play to expectations that would be awesome. He has the ability its just been about putting in the work. It would have been cool if he went to that camp with Ferrell. Maybe he did something similar on his own.

Bowden will be a special teams/gadget guy this season most likely. He's looked good running routes and they say his speed is legit so they'll find ways to get him the ball in space.

Agholor has looked good so far which is a surprise. He's the guy that one dude that caught those babies being thrown out of the burning building was talking about. In the tv interview the guy said unlike Agholor he didn't drop any and Agholor thought it was funny and gave him some stuff so he sounds like a good guy. Hope he makes the team.

They say Young has looked good at right tackle filling in for Brown so it looks like the Parker experiment is over.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:25 pm 

That dude who caught those kids was so matter-of-fact about trashing Algholor. :lol: It would be cool if he could turn things around.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:53 am 

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:24 pm 

Ochocinco knows, why doesn't good dolphin?

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:07 pm 
1000 CLUB

Furious Styles wrote:

Woodson/Allen 2.0

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:59 pm 

RIP infield dirt.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:11 pm 
1000 CLUB

Furious Styles wrote:
RIP infield dirt.

RIP raw sewage flooding the locker room.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:34 pm 

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2020 5:51 am 

-Hank Kingsley

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 989 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 33  Next