It is currently Wed May 22, 2024 11:34 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 751 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 26  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2024 Playoffs
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2024 10:32 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
pittmike wrote:
Why does Mahomes helmet have to sit so high on his head?

It’s to signify his allegiance with Hamas

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2024 10:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Mahomes’ commitment to intentional grounding is impressive.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2024 10:38 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Yeesh. Fuck the Chiefs

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2024 10:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
KC has become whiny and unlikable. Every f-ing play someone is begging the officials for some call.

They should make that crap an umsportmanlike conduct penalty.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2024 10:43 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
SpiralStairs wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
The fuck, it should be on a free channel

Caller Welfare Queen

Go shit in a hat you liberal faaag

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2024 10:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Caller Bob wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Caller Welfare Queen

This commercial-free fourth quarter is cool.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2024 11:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Nice to see the fourth quarter has become the Taylor Swift show :pukel:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2024 11:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
I wonder if when Tua overthrows a teammate they think "Fuckin' Donny"

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2024 11:05 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
Caller Bob wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Caller Welfare Queen

You seem to be the one looking for a hand out here. Pony up the $5.99 or quit bitching.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2024 11:09 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Franky T wrote:
You seem to be the one looking for a hand out here. Pony up the $5.99 or quit bitching.

But in all seriousness it is bullshit that an NFL playoff game is on a subscription service. The league did not ascend to dizzying heights by putting marquee games on subscription services. That's something the NHL would do.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2024 11:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Tua looks miserable. He threw that last pass into the stands.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2024 11:20 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
Curious Hair wrote:
Franky T wrote:

But in all seriousness it is bullshit that an NFL playoff game is on a subscription service. The league did not ascend to dizzying heights by putting marquee games on subscription services. That's something the NHL would do.

It is, and it may lead to congress looking into their antitrust exemption and if it should continue. The NFL needs to tread lightly here.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2024 11:20 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
Franky T wrote:

It's the future. Sucks paying $70 a month for YT TV + the same amount again for a fagot of a la carte streaming services. And we bitched about $150 to $200 a month consolidated cable+internet bills a few years ago. Now we're right back up to that amount for the content providers alone + we gotta pay separate for internet.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2024 11:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
big brane bosses at peacock.... advertise that they have oppenheimer streaming exclusive.. and that it appears on their service 32 days after this game..... aka please dont cancel us tomorrow... please!!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2024 1:31 am 

pizza_Place: Bennys
Curious Hair wrote:
Franky T wrote:

Some of these leagues don’t get it. The more viewers/fans you have the better off you will be. I always thought football understood it. Hockey, baseball, boxing, etc all got excited about the pay-per-view and streaming money but didn’t quite understand that it’s all about market share. You need to grow your audience. It think the others started losing when they charged to watch or broadcasted when the next generation was sleeping. Football was free and on for the most part when kids were awake. Hopefully for footballs sake this is not a trend that continues because kids today have the attention span of gnats and it won’t take much for them to start losing market share.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2024 7:01 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
T.rubisky
:lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2024 7:19 am 

The Man wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
Franky T wrote:

Some of these leagues don’t get it. The more viewers/fans you have the better off you will be. I always thought football understood it. Hockey, baseball, boxing, etc all got excited about the pay-per-view and streaming money but didn’t quite understand that it’s all about market share. You need to grow your audience. It think the others started losing when they charged to watch or broadcasted when the next generation was sleeping. Football was free and on for the most part when kids were awake. Hopefully for footballs sake this is not a trend that continues because kids today have the attention span of gnats and it won’t take much for them to start losing market share.

The NFL is still the most easily accessible sports league for "free" which is really not free.

But this Peacock game is a major disaster for NBC so I don't know how often you'll see it again.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2024 9:57 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
veganfan21 wrote:
CJ Stroud is to Fields as Mahomes is to T.rubisky

The ones that got away.

You're right, Trub1sky busting out killed the franchise but watching Stroud look like an all pro vet in season 1 is tough to stomach. He's got no run game and missing his best WR for 2 months now... and they passed on the guy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2024 9:59 am 

312player wrote:
Trub1sky
:lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2024 10:12 am 

No surprises so far, Houston and KC did what they should.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2024 10:15 am 

Tua is a weak link on miami, I benched his ass on my FF team down the stretch and won the SB.. he's a bum slayer, against decent teams he withers. Miami needs to bring I'm another QB if they want to make a serious run at a ring.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2024 10:25 am 

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2024 11:49 am 

Brick wrote:
The NFL is still the most easily accessible sports league for "free" which is really not free.

But this Peacock game is a major disaster for NBC so I don't know how often you'll see it again.

I think they got away with this one by the skin of their teeth because it involved the Chiefs for the hundredth time. If they had tried to put the Lions game on streaming, the first playoff game in Detroit in 30+ years or whatever it's been, things would have gotten very ugly for the league.

Yes, you'd be required to run the game over the air in Detroit, but not in Flint-Saginaw, not in Grand Rapids, the U.P., or any of the other media markets in the state of Michigan where people would be very interested in seeing a Lions home game. The governor, senators, and half the House delegation are Democrats, who are far more likely to put up a stink about the NFL throwing its weight around. This is basically the situation that played out when the Patriots were to play the Giants to go 16-0 exclusively on NFL Network: pretty much every elected official in six states said "about that antitrust exemption..." and it wound up being simulcast on three broadcast networks.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2024 12:56 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
Brick wrote:

I think they got away with this one by the skin of their teeth because it involved the Chiefs for the hundredth time. If they had tried to put the Lions game on streaming, the first playoff game in Detroit in 30+ years or whatever it's been, things would have gotten very ugly for the league.

Yes, you'd be required to run the game over the air in Detroit, but not in Flint-Saginaw, not in Grand Rapids, the U.P., or any of the other media markets in the state of Michigan where people would be very interested in seeing a Lions home game. The governor, senators, and half the House delegation are Democrats, who are far more likely to put up a stink about the NFL throwing its weight around. This is basically the situation that played out when the Patriots were to play the Giants to go 16-0 exclusively on NFL Network: pretty much every elected official in six states said "about that antitrust exemption..." and it wound up being simulcast on three broadcast networks.

It could have tipped Michigan back to Biden. Biden and Zelensky take a surprise flight to Lansing to congratulate the Wolverines on the championship but not too enthusiastically to not make the Spartan fans mad and then they go to Ford Field and say "From the Detroit River to Manistee, the Lions game will be viewed for free!".

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2024 1:39 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
JJ McHandoff has declared for the draft

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2024 1:51 pm 

Brick wrote:
It could have tipped Michigan back to Biden. Biden and Zelensky take a surprise flight to Lansing to congratulate the Wolverines on the championship but not too enthusiastically to not make the Spartan fans mad and then they go to Ford Field and say "From the Detroit River to Manistee, the Lions game will be viewed for free!".

Well done.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2024 3:18 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous, Lord Stanley's, DeKalb Rock City
Caller Bob wrote:
JJ McHandoff has declared for the draft

With the first pick in the 2024 NFL Draft, the Chicago Chipmunks select...Quarterback JJ McCarthy from the University of Failed Governor Kidnappings 8)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:37 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
Franky T wrote:

i agree it's incredibly short sighted. every game should be available via streaming direct from the NFL for free. There's zero reason to use a 3rd party to broadcast something anymore.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Pack look very good when they run the ball like that.

I’d like to see them win this game.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:54 pm 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
fIeLdS iS bEtTeR tHaN jOrDaN lOvE

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 751 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 26  Next