It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:37 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 252 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Vegas Raiders
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:03 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
They should have stuck with the NFL Europe league, which by the end was just a German league.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:10 am 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
Germans and the NFL are a match made in heaven. What other sport combines the same sort of devotion to process and discipline like football? Then combine the art of playcalling an design as well as gameday management of personnel? If someone had given Prussians football in 1870 it would've consumed them to deeply that would have just forgotten all about invading France and Poland. I think football could be almost as popular in Germany as making train schedules and industrial simulator video games. Within 20 years you'd have a German Sean McVay, within 50 years 1/3rd of the coaches in the league would be German. I dont think playing interests them nearly as much as managing and drawing up schemes.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:22 am 

It does make more sense than the obsession with London. It's always felt like the NFL has wanted them way more than the other way around. Not much room for FOOTBAW after soccer and cricket (though I'm still not sure I get cricket).

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:28 am 

Curious Hair wrote:
It does make more sense than the obsession with London. It's always felt like the NFL has wanted them way more than the other way around. Not much room for FOOTBAW after soccer and cricket (though I'm still not sure I get cricket).

English speaking, lots of Americans live in London...that's probably why. Outside of North America I would be shocked if any country, as a percentage of the population, enjoyed football more than Ireland. To my mind Dublin is the most obvious place to put the next NFL team overall. Not just abroad, like including the USA/Canada. Keep in mind travel times to Ireland are about an hour less than even the UK.

Oceania would be perfect too but travel times are just obscene. No way to make that work.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:55 am 

America wrote:
Less about going to Europe than it is about coming back. Teams will prepare their sleep schedules for London and there will probably be a scheduling arrangement where heading to London always comes after a TNF game or bye week. But then coming back will throw them for an epic loop and theres just no way to give teams more extra time to adjust on the back end even if the NFL adds a bye.
The bye week would be after they play there. The hardest thing to plan would be the West Coast teams but they wouldn't be going there that often and they would simply schedule them on the East Coast on a Sunday and then they fly to London on a Monday. New York to London isn't that much different than San Francisco to New York especially with how they fly on private jets.

America wrote:
Not to mention there's a team that simply cannot play TNF/SNF/MNF at home or on the road. They are not going to kick off games at 2:30AM local time and it'd be pretty unfair to have the London team to the USA and have a game start at around midnight according to their body clocks. They'll adjust to that lifestyle, plenty of people commute across the Atlantic, but evening games won't be doable. It's just not fair.
The team from London would have a second "home base" in NY/NJ that they would use for the road trips. The schedule would likely be 3 road games in a row twice a year and 2 road games in a row once a year. A playoff game in London causes more issues than anything but they'd mostly be spending time just like the Jets or Giants do by living and training in a facility in the NY area.

America wrote:
The option that could work is the London team lives and practices on the East Coast and then only makes the trip for games. But then that robs them of that comfort of home games, which is a massive competitive disadvantage. Maybe you put them in Halifax? That would be a little crazy though.
They would live in London for home games but would have an East Coast practice facility too for road trips, offseason workouts, and training camp.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:00 am 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
The NFL is alleged to own land near the Baltimore airport suitable for a training camp and between road games complex.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:23 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
America wrote:
Less about going to Europe than it is about coming back. Teams will prepare their sleep schedules for London and there will probably be a scheduling arrangement where heading to London always comes after a TNF game or bye week. But then coming back will throw them for an epic loop and theres just no way to give teams more extra time to adjust on the back end even if the NFL adds a bye.
The bye week would be after they play there. The hardest thing to plan would be the West Coast teams but they wouldn't be going there that often and they would simply schedule them on the East Coast on a Sunday and then they fly to London on a Monday. New York to London isn't that much different than San Francisco to New York especially with how they fly on private jets.

America wrote:
Not to mention there's a team that simply cannot play TNF/SNF/MNF at home or on the road. They are not going to kick off games at 2:30AM local time and it'd be pretty unfair to have the London team to the USA and have a game start at around midnight according to their body clocks. They'll adjust to that lifestyle, plenty of people commute across the Atlantic, but evening games won't be doable. It's just not fair.
The team from London would have a second "home base" in NY/NJ that they would use for the road trips. The schedule would likely be 3 road games in a row twice a year and 2 road games in a row once a year. A playoff game in London causes more issues than anything but they'd mostly be spending time just like the Jets or Giants do by living and training in a facility in the NY area.

America wrote:
The option that could work is the London team lives and practices on the East Coast and then only makes the trip for games. But then that robs them of that comfort of home games, which is a massive competitive disadvantage. Maybe you put them in Halifax? That would be a little crazy though.
They would live in London for home games but would have an East Coast practice facility too for road trips, offseason workouts, and training camp.

Only the Patriots have private planes. Everyone else charters. Charter planes are not always that great and certainly not as nice as the all-first class 767's the Patriots use. Moving a franchise to London would probably necessitate the founding of NFL Air, which if done right could be a moneymaking venture for the league year-round. The Patriots didn't buy two wide body transatlantic capable jets ONLY to fly the team around for 10 or so games a year.

As for whether its better to have the bye before or after playing in London....I dont know. If you can sleep on the plane its fine both ways really, but if you cant the outward leg to the UK sucks. You are fucked up for days. Returning is no big. You just press pause for 9 hours. Despite the flight being over an hour longer back to the USA most people are way less jet lagged, if at all, coming to North America. This is true for me and everyone I've had this conversation with.

As for trying to have players live two lives in two time zones 5 hours apart.......dude that life sucks. I know people who live it and they will tell you its brutal. And those people chose that life because deep down they kind of enjoy it. Same probably doesn't apply to some NFL player who is just unlucky enough to get drafted to the London team and now has to have two homes, one in expensive-ass London and another in expensive-ass east coast city.

Like I said the best way forward in the NFC Europe division. That way there is at least a travel parity within the division and, for the league, it means you get one of these European teams in the playoffs every year. I have feeling the travel issue, chaotic lifestyle and tax differences will make London such an unattractive free agent destination that nobody will really want to go. Especially when there are 31 other options. But if 1/8th of the league is over there it would normalize it. Maybe make it more of an opportunity than a hassle.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
The NBA has a deal with Delta Airlines, 27 of the 30 teams participate. Delta tricked out a bunch of A319s into an all international business/domestic first setup, sold the planes to the NBA's subsidiary, and has the contract to crew and fly them around, plus to fly them wherever they can make a buck in the offseason. The Mavericks have their own plane, the Heat use a local charter company, and I forget who the third team would be.

Delta would kill to take some more of their excess capacity and use it to shuttle teams back and forth. They could use some of their older 767s whose current interiors are getting more than a little deficient for the business traveler crowd, gut and refurbish them at the NFL's expense, and have a couple of 100 person planes ready to roll.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:42 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Quote:
Michael Gehlken of the Las Vegas Review-Journal reports that Gruden has not yet addressed the trade of receiver Amari Cooper with the team, and that the players learned of the transaction from their phones.

Gruden, per Gehlken, was expected to address the trade on Wednesday morning, at the next scheduled team meeting. Gehlken writes that some players saw Cooper pulled off the field during Tuesday's practice.
:lol: :lol:

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:45 pm 

Happens all the time now. Players and coaches find out when the rest of us do, hardly unique to the Raiders.

Him not addressing it to the team? Uh, Cooper was a malcontent. A sulking, low-effort baby. I dont think the Raiders locker room needs a eulogy for the guy. If there was actually a player on the team who didnt know he was traded...well...ask them how their trip to the Australian Outback was.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Oakland now suing the Raiders and the team had said they won't see out 2019 there if they get sued. So before the abomination that is the Vegas Raiders comes fully into fruition, we might get a season in San Diego or at UNLV.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:59 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
I get it that the UNLV stadium is too small by NFL stadiums, but they gave the chargers an exception to play in an undersized venue. The Raiders should have been forced / allowed the same. They have no business playing in Oakland knowing their move to LV was happening. Awful.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:39 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
:lol: Poor Furious

Quote:
Via multiple reports, the Oakland Raiders have signed Peterman to their practice squad, though terms of the deal have not yet been reported.

The second-year quarterback, drafted in the fifth round by the Buffalo Bills in 2017, statistically is one of the worst quarterbacks in NFL history. He’s appeared in eight games, with four starts, and has 12 interceptions against just three touchdowns, has completed 52.3 percent of his 130 pass attempts, and a career passer rating of 32.5.

In the lead-up to the 2017 draft, Jon Gruden, then an ESPN analyst, raved about Peterman with members of the media.

“He can memorize, he can execute any play you dream up, and he loves it,” Gruden said. “I’m smitten with him a little bit as a player.”

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's
Practice squad. He needs it.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:15 pm 

Furious Styles wrote:
Practice squad. He needs it.

And your coach says you need it.

You have my condolences.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
Next signing is Tyler Palko!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:22 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:09 am 

No front office or draft room experience? He's a perfect fit!

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:11 am 

Terry's Peeps wrote:

Bears front runners for first pick in the second round of the 2020 NFL draft!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:26 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Furious Styles wrote:
No front office or draft room experience? He's a perfect fit!

:lol: :lol: His mock drafts are solid.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:33 am 

I will be sending my resume to the Raiders for a position of assistant GM but I insist that I get to bring Dr. Ken along with me

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:00 am 

Fear and Dolphin in Las Vegas

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:05 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Mayock's first move is going to be trade for surefire franchise quarterback Blaine Gabbert.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:21 pm 

Quote:
I'm jacked. I'm juiced. I'm ready to go and there's nobody I'd rather go to war with than Jon Gruden and Mark Davis.

Mayock won the press conference

Championship.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:55 pm 

:lol: The London Raiders for a season sounds like a wonderful idea

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:36 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
RFDC wrote:

Beats them pouring salt into the would by still playing in Oakland.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:32 pm 

wdelaney72 wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Beats them pouring salt into the would by still playing in Oakland.

I just cannot fathom the upside to doing this. I would think the cost and wear on the players would be enough to keep teams from wanting to play 8 games overseas.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:34 am 

https://tucson.com/sports/local/greg-ha ... 44e55.html

DAH RAIDAHS in TUCSON??? Great Move, love Tucson,,, not Sure crowd would show? U OF A WILCDATS already There, know form experiance, tough compation, winning tradition! Of coars,e Townies, differnet story! That is who would go to a Raiders Game. Dealers, scum bags, LOFFNER?, All would be in attendence to see RAIDARS. Not to foarget about JUAN and his AMIGOS, but Might be hard to get to game when WALL is built?????

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:08 am 

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:27 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
:lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 252 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next