It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:57 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 5:36 am 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Coming from a Wisconsin man writing to the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel:

I couldn't agree more. He and Manning turned the count into a side-show, getting away from just playing the damn game.

Both have caused football games to run probably 1 hr. longer than they should because of their pre-snap antics. It's all baby-stuff.

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 6:09 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
I agree with him. It is not pleasing to see. But you can't do much about it.

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 6:11 am 

Football is a thinking mans game. That is what makes it great.

Blame the dumb defense.

But I do agree, they should fold the Packers or at least move them to Vegas.

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 6:16 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
It is baffling to me how people don't understand doing everything you can to win. His gripe is with the rules, not the people who use them to their advantage.

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 7:00 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
leashyourkids wrote:
It is baffling to me how people don't understand doing everything you can to win. His gripe is with the rules, not the people who use them to their advantage.

It's a guy writing to a newspaper.

In 2016.

How smart can he be?

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 7:04 am 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza
Terry's Peeps wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

In 2016.

How smart can he be?

:cheers:

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 7:09 am 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

In 2016.

How smart can he be?
His article was the talk of retirement homes all throughout the greater Milwaukee area.

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 7:25 am 

leashyourkids wrote:

Of course his gripe is with how Rodgers plays. What are you talking about?

The rules might allow Rodgers to do what he does with the hard count, but that does not make it enjoyable to watch or even sportsmanlike.

When you have to rely on such antics that are not part of the play itself to win, you can't be that good. Let's call it what it is: abusing the rules. So they ought to be changed.

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 7:52 am 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

In 2016.

How smart can he be?

But posting on a message board is smarter?

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 7:53 am 

Dignified Rube wrote:
But posting on a message board is smarter?
You can read the answer tomorrow morning.

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 7:57 am 

Dignified Rube wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

Of course his gripe is with how Rodgers plays. What are you talking about?

The rules might allow Rodgers to do what he does with the hard count, but that does not make it enjoyable to watch or even sportsmanlike.

When you have to rely on such antics that are not part of the play itself to win, you can't be that good. Let's call it what it is: abusing the rules. So they ought to be changed.

It's not Aaron Rodgers' job to make the sport watchable or sportsmanlike. His job is to win. I'm not sure why this escapes so many. Do you watch sports to cheer for your team or to watch some sort of choreographed dance?

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 8:00 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Football is a thinking mans game. That is what makes it great.

Baseball wrote:

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 8:11 am 

leashyourkids wrote:
It's not Aaron Rodgers' job to make the sport watchable or sportsmanlike. His job is to win. I'm not sure why this escapes so many. Do you watch sports to cheer for your team or to watch some sort of choreographed dance?

So if they got rid of the hard-count, the game would be choreographed? Not true. The game wouldn't suffer, rather it would be better.

I watch sports to be entertained mostly. Professional sports is entertainment. While I want my team to win, I don't want to have to watch things that are unimportant to the game, like Rodger's questionable antics with the count.

How dumb would it be if NBA players could fake their free-throws to draw opponents into the lane, just to draw fouls?

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 8:23 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Football is a thinking mans game.

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 8:24 am 

Dignified Rube wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

So if they got rid of the hard-count, the game would be choreographed? Not true. The game wouldn't suffer, rather it would be better.

I watch sports to be entertained mostly. Professional sports is entertainment. While I want my team to win, I don't want to have to watch things that are unimportant to the game, like Rodger's questionable antics with the count.

How dumb would it be if NBA players could fake their free-throws to draw opponents into the lane, just to draw fouls?

So your problem is with the rules. Glad we agree.

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 8:34 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Isn't this the kind of stuff you love about the pitcher/batter duel that happens in baseball?

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 8:55 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Isn't this the kind of stuff you love about the pitcher/batter duel that happens in baseball?

In baseball it's called a "balk".

Football should use baseball's rules on the hard-count following the balk, resulting in a dead ball foul on the offense.

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 9:35 am 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

In 2016.

How smart can he be?

And it is Rube with the OP.

His line of idiotic posts around here is growing by the day.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 11:04 am 

RFDC wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

In 2016.

How smart can he be?

Do you mean my call on Trump winning the GOP race when no one thought he would win?

Or my statement that AC DC is better with Axl than Guns and Roses? Of course. AC DC has always been better.

You're drive-by-trolling is getting old. Stop while you're behind.

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 11:13 am 

Dignified Rube wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

In 2016.

How smart can he be?

Do you mean my call on Trump winning the GOP race when no one thought he would win?

Or my statement that AC DC is better with Axl than Guns and Roses? Of course. AC DC has always been better.

You're drive-by-trolling is getting old. Stop while you're behind.

You mean the Trump thing that you have backtracked on several times and changed your mind like 5 times, that Trump thing?

Your AC/DC comment about Axl is just idiotic.

I will get you a more detailed list of your idiotic posts. Stay tuned.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 11:18 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Terry's Peeps wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

In 2016.

How smart can he be?

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 11:23 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
If there is going to be a list of Dignified Rubes posts ..start with the Jeb Bush surge.

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 11:28 am 

312player wrote:
If there is going to be a list of Dignified Rubes posts ..start with the Jeb Bush surge.

He did see a bounce, just not enough.

While Bush was my preference and I don't care for Trump as a person, I never backtracked on Trump winning the GOP. Bush was the truest conservative of the bunch. Trump is a populist who hardly can be called conservative.

But these are cheap shots from the peanut gallery. I stand by what I wrote here. Rodgers pre-snap games are not good for the game.

Last edited by Dignified Rube on Thu May 19, 2016 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 11:30 am 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
dan fouts likes his posts.

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 11:32 am 

man of few opinions wrote:

I'm glad. How is Brady "the cheater" doing these days? Punishment reinstated.

Best of all time, my ass. He never will be now. Tarnished legacy forever, and he knows it.

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 11:37 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
man of few opinions wrote:

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 11:49 am 

The Jeb Bush and Dan Fouts quotes were the first ones that came to my mind, but I cannot seem to locate them through the search. If anyone else can find them please post them. Here is a sampling for you.

My personal favorite is Cardale Jones can throw from his knees, draft him! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dignified Rube wrote:
I want Jones on the Bears. He can make any throw, even on his knees.

Dignified Rube wrote:
I personally would like to see the Bears draft Cardale Jones. He's another Rothlisberger, just needs some grooming and time to develop.

Dignified Rube wrote:
Big Fan this fucking guy has go:

sjboyd0137

If I knew where he lived, I would beat him to a pulp.

Dignified Rube wrote:
Well, I guess he is good at covering his own ass then.

This draft was miserable. We traded up for a guy that was a late 1st rounder, losing a 4th rounder. Then dumbass Pace gambles that he can still get my guy, Spriggs, at 49 after he traded down, and the Packers came right in a snapped him up. Check mate.

Then he blows another pick on a guard we don't need, the least important position on the whole field, right above punter. What about QB, LT, CB, S, TE, RB? This pick was to make-up for Grasu being a bust, so in a way Ryan was redrafting.

The third round pick was ok I guess. It's a hit or miss pick. We'll find out.

You can put lipstick on this pig of a draft, but it's still a pig.

I don't know where all the love for Fox and Fangio is coming from? You got worse last year after Trestman. They haven't done jack yet, except make excuses.

Dignified Rube wrote:
Don't tell me that Floyd is better than Emmanuel Ogbah DE taken by Cleveland early in the 2nd.

Ogbah looks like a great player. Has the quickness, strength and technique to play day one unlike our guy.

Bears are the worst, giving up two players for Floyd and not taking Ogbah.

Dignified Rube wrote:
99% of the women out there are as dumb as a rock, and now their idea of fashion is wearing tights with flannel shirts, looking like men. In other words, they appear as a cross between slobs and whores. I am a teacher and see young girls in such dress all the time, from middle school to high school. Who are the fathers of these girls that are letting them go to school like this? Have they no sense of decency for their childrens' sake?

Every time I see a woman dress liked a man, it's a turn off. And you see it more and more all the time. They're not capable of dressing themselves decently or appropriately. What happened to skirts and dresses (e.g. feminine attire)?

No wonder the Apostle Paul said that women should keep their mouths shut in church and listen to their husbands if in need of interpretation, because they are inherently ungodly and just plain stupid about most things.

Dignified Rube wrote:
Bears face Denver, New England and K.C. in the first three (preseason) weeks.

Good that we'll find out early what this team is made of.

Dignified Rube wrote:
Dumbest tv series on TV. Started watching not too long ago Season 1 and 2 but had to stop because of Walt's irritating wife. The actress was completely miscast and appeared way too much.

Someone should make a video of "How Breaking Bad Should Have Ended". Walt accepts offer of his friend in first episode to pay for his cancer treatment, like 99% of the sane people out there would do if they couldn't afford it and didn't have other means to raise the money. But instead they make six seasons out of this dumb show, all based on a thoroughly unbelievable, non-nonsensical premise.

The world is bad enough as it is with drug addiction that it's producers didn't have to glorify meth and drug trafficking like they did. And I don't care how much Stephen King likes this series. He's wrong.

Dignified Rube wrote:
Don't get me started on the "Walking Dead." I loathe that show too.

The state of the world sums up those two shows: Meth addicts gearing up for the zombie apocalypse.

What happened to good shows like "Cheers"?

Dignified Rube wrote:
Motley Crue, Poison, Whitesnake, GNR---all the same. Big hair, b.o., little talent.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 11:53 am 

RFDC wrote:
The Jeb Bush and Dan Fouts quotes were the first ones that came to my mind, but I cannot seem to locate them through the search. If anyone else can find them please post them. Here is a sampling for you.

My personal favorite is Cardale Jones can throw from his knees, draft him! :lol: :lol: :lol:

He went in the fourth round. Even Gruden loved him! He never lost in college.

You're an idiot.

And yes Walking Dead and Breaking Bad are the dumbest shows ever.

BTW, when you get a view total of more than 100 on any of your posts, let me know.

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 11:59 am 

Dignified Rube wrote:
BTW, when you get a view total of more than 100 on any of your posts, let me know.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That is the cherry on top of the idiotic post sundae, thanks man!

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 12:09 pm 

RFDC wrote:
Dignified Rube wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That is the cherry on top of the idiotic post sundae, thanks man!

Honestly, I can't remember one of your posts that has been memorable. You're a douchebag mult.