It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:11 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Bradford to Vikings
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:23 am 

pizza_Place: Lou's, Pequod's
Geezus the Iggles got quite a haul for a mediocre injury-prone guy.

1st round pick in 2017, 4th round pick 2018.

Post subject: Re: Bradford to Vikings
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:26 am 

Horrible trade by the Vikings.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:29 am 

pizza_Place: A few...
Bad.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:08 am 

pizza_Place: Il-Forno in Deerfield
As a Bears fan, I'm happy with this so the Vikings should be concerned.
Makes you wonder if the Bears were not in the same division as the Vikings what they could have gotten for Cutler 2 1st rounders? 1st round and a 2nd round?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:58 am 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Goober's been spotted working out again in Tennessee. He'll be the Vikings starting QB after their bye-week: https://youtu.be/LYsxAi-cRME

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:59 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
steep price to pay. For reference vikings TE coach was his OC in philly (kind of) and was his OC several years ago with rams. i personally think its a dumb move because i dont see even with bridgewater their offense being good enough to win 2 playoff games let along 3 or 4

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:05 pm 

Last 3 Super Bowl Champs regular season pass offense ranking:

2015 Broncos 16th
2014 Seahawks 27th
2013 Ravens 18th

it's a passing league, y0

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
The GM went on the record yesterday as having said that they weren't going to risk the franchise long-term over a QB trade, because of the outrageous offers they were receiving. And what do they do? Well, maybe it's not as bad as what the Bears did trading for Cutler, but a 1st and 4th rounder for a guy that wasn't going to play in Philly seems a bit much.

But the Vikings seem confident they can win this year. So I have to disagree with you gents on this one that it was probably a good move.

This will keep them in contention in the North.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 3:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
They definitely overpaid... but if they were going to make a move, they would have had to overpay. QB is obviously a fragile spot with not a lot of depth, so even getting the 30th best guy in the league is probably worth it if your other option on your roster is the 65th best guy.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
John K. Scorehead wrote:
They should sign Tebow. If anybody can figure out how to use him, it's Mike Zimmer.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Hussra wrote:

2015 Broncos 16th
2014 Seahawks 27th
2013 Ravens 18th

Great point. That's because morons like Bernstein don't realize that because it's a passing league, defense is at a premium, as evidenced by those three teams. Also, didn't New England win one in there, though?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Hussra forgot that dumbass Pete Carroll threw the ball instead of handing it off.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Little Caesar's
Somebody check on IMU.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:46 pm 

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:56 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
evidently the vikings must really fancy their defense+running-game to go and do this trade, which smacks of some kind of !!!NOT-FUCKING-AROUND!!! that they wanted to get someone cromulent/+ in there ASAP to try and salvage the season. i don't know if i'd call it desperation (cuz tim tebow is still talking about baseball) but i would say that they clearly wanted to immediately get bradford in there ASAP so they went out of their way to give up way too much in order to get the deal done immediately.

honestly, if you didn't fancy yourself a legit contender for the super bowl THIS YEAR i don't think you make this trade right here right now. hell, maybe it's saying something about their own doubts about bridgewater going forward even outside of the injury (or possibly that he might "never be the same" ??) cuz you figure if "sam the ram" (my rams-fan uncle came up with that one) can be who he's supposed to be then he'll be more than a 1yr stopgap/hold-me-over-til-teddy's-back. either way, hey, if the vikings pull a 6-10 or worse this year it will be suitably hilarious to watch it unfold cuz i'm assuming they gave up their first round pick figuring it'd be like 15-25+ and definitely not a top5-10 pick, so if they end up being shit (esp if/when sam the ram gets hurt again) and then they're giving up the #3 pick next year (for their sake you hope ti was a 2018 1st round pick they gave up =) then yeah: one thing that bears fans and packers fans can always agree on is fuck the vikings!

i've been fortunate enough to do more than my fair share of bears games over the last 5+ years, and i can tell you that having experienced something like 10-15 different opposing fans at soldier field over the years that nobody even comes anywhere close to being as bad as vikings fans. they are far and away the biggest pieces of shit en masse that i've ever encountered, and therefore if i'm going to want any team to crash and burn (even without any and all IMU related bollocks) it's definitely the minnesota football vikings... FUCK EM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TLDR = this isn't just run-of-the-mill desperation on the vikings part; i think they really believe they have a legit chance to make a SB run this year and therefore thats why they didn't fuck around to get their guy in minnesota immediately. that bullishness might end up being more hilarious than anything else tbh

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 6:28 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
We've come a long way from Bradford being picked to win MVP on pregame shows last year.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:01 pm 

sinicalypse wrote:
evidently the vikings must really fancy their defense+running-game to go and do this trade, which smacks of some kind of !!!NOT-FUCKING-AROUND!!! that they wanted to get someone cromulent/+ in there ASAP to try and salvage the season. i don't know if i'd call it desperation (cuz tim tebow is still talking about baseball) but i would say that they clearly wanted to immediately get bradford in there ASAP so they went out of their way to give up way too much in order to get the deal done immediately.

honestly, if you didn't fancy yourself a legit contender for the super bowl THIS YEAR i don't think you make this trade right here right now. hell, maybe it's saying something about their own doubts about bridgewater going forward even outside of the injury (or possibly that he might "never be the same" ??) cuz you figure if "sam the ram" (my rams-fan uncle came up with that one) can be who he's supposed to be then he'll be more than a 1yr stopgap/hold-me-over-til-teddy's-back. either way, hey, if the vikings pull a 6-10 or worse this year it will be suitably hilarious to watch it unfold cuz i'm assuming they gave up their first round pick figuring it'd be like 15-25+ and definitely not a top5-10 pick, so if they end up being shit (esp if/when sam the ram gets hurt again) and then they're giving up the #3 pick next year (for their sake you hope ti was a 2018 1st round pick they gave up =) then yeah: one thing that bears fans and packers fans can always agree on is fuck the vikings!

i've been fortunate enough to do more than my fair share of bears games over the last 5+ years, and i can tell you that having experienced something like 10-15 different opposing fans at soldier field over the years that nobody even comes anywhere close to being as bad as vikings fans. they are far and away the biggest pieces of shit en masse that i've ever encountered, and therefore if i'm going to want any team to crash and burn (even without any and all IMU related bollocks) it's definitely the minnesota football vikings... FUCK EM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TLDR = this isn't just run-of-the-mill desperation on the vikings part; i think they really believe they have a legit chance to make a SB run this year and therefore thats why they didn't fuck around to get their guy in minnesota immediately. that bullishness might end up being more hilarious than anything else tbh

Why do you have to use profanity? You're educated.

This was a great trade by the vikings, only giving up a 1st and 4th rounded for a guy that was drafted No. 1 overall and is only 28 yrs. old, which is still young for quarterbacks. Vikings GM said that Bradford played as well as any other quarterback in the league the last three games last year.

Vikings will win the North, when they'll be stronger this year with Bradford than with Bridgewater. I wish it were the Bears who had made the trade, and not the Vikings.

Last edited by Dignified Rube on Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
I'm so excited about this move..............................................

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:03 pm 

I'm guessing Rube has never seen Sam Bradford play football. He's definitely not better than Bridgewater or Jay Cutler, and those guys suck.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
Dignified Rube wrote:
Why do you have to use profanity? You're educated.

Umm, what?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:08 pm 

Bradford got on a plane to Minnesota after the trade was finalized, but it was intercepted on the way.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
W_Z wrote:
Bradford got on a plane to Minnesota after the trade was finalized, but it was intercepted on the way.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:16 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
I'm guessing Rube has never seen Sam Bradford play football. He's definitely not better than Bridgewater or Jay Cutler, and those guys suck.
He was playing for that nut, Jeff Fisher, who can't win with the best talent. No QB has done well in St. Louis since Warner, except maybe Bulger. It's a graveyard for quarterbacks.

I have no idea why Fisher is still coaching football in the NFL. On the other hand, Zimmer has made the Vikings competitive in two seasons and won the North last year. The Bears coaching staff could only wish they were that good.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:28 pm 

Dignified Rube wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
He was playing for that nut, Jeff Fisher, who can't win with the best talent. No QB has done well in St. Louis since Warner, except maybe Bulger. It's a graveyard for quarterbacks.

I have no idea why Fisher is still coaching football in the NFL. On the other hand, Zimmer has made the Vikings competitive in two seasons and won the North last year. The Bears coaching staff could only wish they were that good.

He was awful before Fisher got to STL, and he was awful last year in the same system that Nick Foles threw 27 TDs vs 2 INTs in. He's a bad QB.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:37 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Dignified Rube wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

He was awful before Fisher got to STL, and he was awful last year in the same system that Nick Foles threw 27 TDs vs 2 INTs in. He's a bad QB.

I'm not sure about Bridgewater, but I don't know how you can say Cutler is better than Bradford? Bradford might not throw the prettiest spiral in the world, but at least is accurate with his throws. Cutler has no down-field accuracy. That's why the Bears receivers are all hurt. He cost Johnny Knox his career.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:40 pm 

Cutler is much better than Bradford. Bradford is a bust. At least Cutler has justified his draft position.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:01 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:
Hussra wrote:

2015 Broncos 16th
2014 Seahawks 27th
2013 Ravens 18th

Great point. That's because morons like Bernstein don't realize that because it's a passing league, defense is at a premium, as evidenced by those three teams. Also, didn't New England win one in there, though?

only by cheating with deflated balls and video cameras and Manny and Ortiz on steroids in the middle of the lineup.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:06 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Cutler is much better than Bradford. Bradford is a bust. At least Cutler has justified his draft position.

Let's not go crazy. Ideally you don't want a career underachieving coach killer with your 11th overall pick.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:07 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Let's not go crazy. Ideally you don't want a career underachieving coach killer with your 11th overall pick.
Well, Denver made out really well by drafting him.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:12 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:

One playoff win for the Bears against a 500 Seattle team, and that's justifcation for Cutler?

Sorry, no.