It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:43 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Jets @ Bills
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:53 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
W_Z wrote:
i really hate that there are only a few late afternoon games. that used to be my favorite time to watch football growing up. the 3-6 games, then dinner. it was awesome.

Is it me or did they cut down on late games when NBC got Sunday nights so that Fox could fashion an ersatz "national game" out of the Cowboys/Giants and whoever they were playing?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:55 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
NFL Network just called Brandon Marshall "one of the best guys in the league".

Does that fit the narrative?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:57 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
Is it me or did they cut down on late games when NBC got Sunday nights so that Fox could fashion an ersatz "national game" out of the Cowboys/Giants and whoever they were playing?

i think that's part of it. i know there was something done in the last year or so where they cut them to 3. it's depressing.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:12 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Nas wrote:
That Forte is pretty good

I love Matt Forte.

I understand why they cut him loose but I wish they hadn't.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:51 am 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
Should've retired a Bear. Fucking ridiculous that this FO harbors delusions of contention to the point where they didn't resign him. Just like Emery kicking Urlacher to the curb, insulting old vets is no way to endear yourself going forward.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:33 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Don Tiny wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
Can't really tell the difference between Fitzpatrick and Cutler.

They're completely different players. Fitzpatrick makes way less mistakes.

Hmm ... who knew that a fella that more interceptions more often than the other would be considered to be making less mistakes. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I wasn't making an argument of Cutler vs Fitz. Talk to 312 about that. You're gonna tell me if you look at all of last season and so far this season you don't think Fitzpateick is competent? We're not talking about a high bar here, man.

Okay ...

- my post was in response to Dr. Football's, the main implication of which was that Fitz was obviously a better QB than Jay
- there's no data to suggest that ... none ... whether you want to compress it to roughly the last season or overall careers
- for whatever reasons ... boredom chiefly amongst them I'm sure ... you decided to ignore the noted context and focused on the completely subjective word "competent" ...
- your vague contention that he makes 'less mistakes' than Cutler was proven wrong by a rudimentary examination of easily accessible data and, as a result, it would appear that you elected to pivot back to the subjective "competent" contention as a fall-back position

Regardless of whether either one is competent, dummy is (unsurprisingly) wrong whichever the case may be. I don't know what in the high holy hell your point was nor, might I add, why you tried to make it.

1.) just because you infer something doesn't mean I implied it. I never said anything about Cutler vs Fitz here except that he makes less mistakes, which Fitz does over the past 2 seasons which I should have clarified but I assumed we were talking about recent performance.
2.) again, see above
3.) again, see above. I've been responding completely in context. I never said Fitz was better than Cutler. I said they are completely different(and even earlier said Fitz was like Peyton last year and had no zip on his passes). Use whatever context you like when talking about competent QBs, but just make sure you include Fitz among them unless you want to continue a dumb argument.
4.) again, see above. I'm talking the last 32 starts of each career, or thereabouts. If we are simply judging by career numbers then it would lead to widely distorted in terms of ranking current QBs.

Save the attitude for someone else. I made the point for the simple reason that it was valid over the past 2+ years.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:46 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Kirkwood wrote:

I can't either. I was just breaking Nas' balls...if I had to pick one as my QB.. I'd take Fitz

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:00 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
America wrote:
Should've retired a Bear. Fucking ridiculous that this FO harbors delusions of contention to the point where they didn't resign him. Just like Emery kicking Urlacher to the curb, insulting old vets is no way to endear yourself going forward.
That is the point. A 30 year old running back is like a 15 year old car approaching 200,000 miles. Both could give out completely at any time.

I wish Forte well. He was and still is really good. It was time for the Bears to move on. They had MANY other holes to fill (and still do), and are not a Matt Forte away from being a playoff/Super Bowl team.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:48 am 

Curious Hair wrote:
W_Z wrote:
i really hate that there are only a few late afternoon games. that used to be my favorite time to watch football growing up. the 3-6 games, then dinner. it was awesome.

There was nothing like Chargers v. Raiders at 3 pm back in the Air Coryell days

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:06 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
FavreFan wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:

They're completely different players. Fitzpatrick makes way less mistakes.

Hmm ... who knew that a fella that more interceptions more often than the other would be considered to be making less mistakes. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I wasn't making an argument of Cutler vs Fitz. Talk to 312 about that. You're gonna tell me if you look at all of last season and so far this season you don't think Fitzpateick is competent? We're not talking about a high bar here, man.

Okay ...

- my post was in response to Dr. Football's, the main implication of which was that Fitz was obviously a better QB than Jay
- there's no data to suggest that ... none ... whether you want to compress it to roughly the last season or overall careers
- for whatever reasons ... boredom chiefly amongst them I'm sure ... you decided to ignore the noted context and focused on the completely subjective word "competent" ...
- your vague contention that he makes 'less mistakes' than Cutler was proven wrong by a rudimentary examination of easily accessible data and, as a result, it would appear that you elected to pivot back to the subjective "competent" contention as a fall-back position

Regardless of whether either one is competent, dummy is (unsurprisingly) wrong whichever the case may be. I don't know what in the high holy hell your point was nor, might I add, why you tried to make it.

1.) just because you infer something doesn't mean I implied it. I never said anything about Cutler vs Fitz here except that he makes less mistakes, which Fitz does over the past 2 seasons which I should have clarified but I assumed we were talking about recent performance.
2.) again, see above
3.) again, see above. I've been responding completely in context. I never said Fitz was better than Cutler. I said they are completely different(and even earlier said Fitz was like Peyton last year and had no zip on his passes). Use whatever context you like when talking about competent QBs, but just make sure you include Fitz among them unless you want to continue a dumb argument.
4.) again, see above. I'm talking the last 32 starts of each career, or thereabouts. If we are simply judging by career numbers then it would lead to widely distorted in terms of ranking current QBs.

Save the attitude for someone else. I made the point for the simple reason that it was valid over the past 2+ years.

TBH, as soon as I saw that you thought my first point was about you in any way, I quit reading b/c clearly you hadn't done so either.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:34 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
good dolphin wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
W_Z wrote:

There was nothing like Chargers v. Raiders at 3 pm back in the Air Coryell days

Yes! I used to love those 3:00 AFC games with any combination of the Chargers, Raiders, Chiefs, Broncos, & Seahawks. Even if they weren't all that great it was still cool to see them because there weren't as many games on back then.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
Bills fire their O coordinator ....I think there was a bigger problem on the D side of the ball ....are the Ryan Bros worse than the Turners????

I'm out.