It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:03 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 193 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: Packers @ Cowboys
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:24 am 

pizza_Place: Georgio's--Crystal Lake
Jaw Breaker wrote:
pittmike wrote:
No time left and call an unnecessary fair catch? Genius.

I thought there was a rule where if you make a fair catch on a punt at the end of a half with no time, you are allowed to take a free kick (FG attempt) with no rushers. I wonder why Dallas didn't get that chance...did they change the rule? Or does there still need to be time left on the clock? It would have been like a 75-yarder, but....

Edit: Looks like I was right:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... free-kick/

Even in high school if you have an awarded fair catch you can do the same. Where it gets screwy is if there is a live ball foul on the ensuing play like DPI, you can tack on the yards and still do the free kick.

Cause tried and true
I see the light in you
Oh, can you dig in my soul?
Could you smell my whole...
life?--Gener and Deaner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:11 am 

I said it before and I will say it again, that kid is the best QB I have ever seen. But Dak is now my second favorite player in the league. I love thinking players.

The NFL wins again.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:09 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Regular Reader wrote:
I said it before and I will say it again, that kid is the best QB I have ever seen. But Dak is now my second favorite player in the league. I love thinking players.

The NFL wins again.

Dak is better than I thought he would be, but he also was set up to succeed. Giving him the best offensive line in football, a true number 1 receiver and Zeke as a running back gave him the time to grow into the position and learn on the job.

Seems to be a great way to find a quarterback.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:48 am 

What was their record last year? How much of the sky was falling in week 1?

And to be clear it was Aaron Rodgers I am calling the most talented I have seen.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:51 am 

WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

The NFL wins again.

Dak is better than I thought he would be, but he also was set up to succeed. Giving him the best offensive line in football, a true number 1 receiver and Zeke as a running back gave him the time to grow into the position and learn on the job.

Dak made plays.

I like him. I never thought he would even make it as a backup QB but I am glad I am incorrect. He may make the Cowboys likeable again.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:12 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Regular Reader wrote:

The NFL wins again.

Romo had all those things and continually choked in the playoffs, this guy is a rookie and showed more poise, I still believe they didn't run enough on GB and grind em down..then go deep to Bryant on play action. I'd be surprised if Prescott doesn't get a ring or 2 before his career is over.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
Harvard Dan wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:
pittmike wrote:
No time left and call an unnecessary fair catch? Genius.

I thought there was a rule where if you make a fair catch on a punt at the end of a half with no time, you are allowed to take a free kick (FG attempt) with no rushers. I wonder why Dallas didn't get that chance...did they change the rule? Or does there still need to be time left on the clock? It would have been like a 75-yarder, but....

Edit: Looks like I was right:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... free-kick/

Even in high school if you have an awarded fair catch you can do the same. Where it gets screwy is if there is a live ball foul on the ensuing play like DPI, you can tack on the yards and still do the free kick.

Here's Phil Dawson's attempt on a 71 yarder in 2013: http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-high ... ck-attempt
More reasonable attempt by Raul Allegre for the Colts in 1984: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRbxIOZxV_M

Both times the refs have to explain to the players what to do -- they don't know where to line up or what the rules are.

My favorite obscure rule -- the 1 point safety: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKLKbpWLHJ8

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
312player wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

The NFL wins again.

Romo had all those things and continually choked in the playoffs, this guy is a rookie and showed more poise, I still believe they didn't run enough on GB and grind em down..then go deep to Bryant on play action. I'd be surprised if Prescott doesn't get a ring or 2 before his career is over.

Romo never had Zeke. And he did not choke in the playoffs other than a back snap hold his first year. Weak.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:08 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
312player wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

The NFL wins again.

Romo never had Zeke. And he did not choke in the playoffs other than a back snap hold his first year. Weak.

Elliot is a nice back, he has the best O line in the league..he's no better than Murray.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:22 pm 

Good game

Was 89% sure Pack would win after Cowboys tied. 35 sec and 2 timeouts with Rodgers is almost a lock

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:22 am 

312player wrote:
312player wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

The NFL wins again.

Elliot is a nice back, he has the best O line in the league..he's no better than Murray.

Murray is an MVP

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
I guess the ratings were pretty good:

Golden State vs Cavaliers, Game 7: 30 share
Cubs vs Indians, Game 7: 40 share
Packers at Cowboys: 48 share :shock:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Jaw Breaker wrote:
I guess the ratings were pretty good:

Golden State vs Cavaliers, Game 7: 30 share
Cubs vs Indians, Game 7: 40 share
Packers at Cowboys: 48 share :shock:

Outside of the Steelers, there probably aren't two franchises that can claim national fandom like GB and Dallas.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 193 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7