It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:58 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 213 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:15 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
rogers park bryan wrote:
Nas wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Nas wrote:
Listen to "Jonathan Hood on Colin Kaepernick 8-8-17" by Jonathan Hood via #spreaker https://www.spreaker.com/user/jhood/jon ... ick-8-8-17

Does your cousin make money per listen?

I don't know how he makes money.

Id subscribe to a podcast of him doing exaggerated impressions. He's great at those.

I would listen religiously if he was next Bernsie.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:16 pm 

Quote:
Kaepernick’s ability to play the position no longer seems to be in doubt. Players have spoken in support of Kaepernick, and most serious analysis reliant on game study arrives at the conclusion that Kaepernick is not just a competent quarterback, but is also better than he was when he led the 49ers to the Super Bowl in 2013. Cian Fahey, who catalogues quarterback performance at Pre-Snap Reads, found Kaepernick to have outplayed Ravens starter Joe Flacco.
Wow. I hope someone brings in Kaep now so we can laugh at this paragraph.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Politically Kaepernick is just about the opposite of Tim Tebow, but in the same way that the owners didn't want Tebow around because of the sideshow he brought with him, they've also decided to get rid of Kaepernick because of the sideshow he brought with him. Maybe Kaepernick will learn a lesson from Tebow and go play baseball.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:45 pm 

Beyond his shitty mechanics, Tebow is a victim of religious zealots creating the circus surrounding him. I neither like or dislike the guy for any reason, but he undoubtedly does more than grow and afro and kneel for his beliefs. Im not religious but Im also not anti-religion. If I were populating an island I would take him over Kaepernick in a heartbeat. So I would certainly want him in my locker room over Kaepernick if it simply came down to obvious human qualities. Kaepernick simply hasn't exhibited any beyond a misguided ability to protest.

I personally would have no problem with what Kaepernick is doing if it wasn't driven by an intensely inaccurate hivemind that has core arguments not backed by a single statistic. In fact, the statistics often run counter to their arguments and only serve to take attention away from real problems.

I believe it was today that there is a demonstration involving the mother of a murdered black kid trying to shine the light on the culture of secrecy in the neighborhood he died in. We have urban areas of our first world country that share significant attributes to counterinsurgencies we are fighting thousands of miles away. The fact that this is not the defining narrative surrounding 21st century black America, is hugely troubling.

The fact that a phenomenal movie like Fences, that highlighted the issues within the collapse of the black nuclear family was mistaken for another simplistic tale about a black guy who couldn't catch a break in a white man's world, is telling. We are not yet able to be honest about even history and how it defines the now. And we won't be as long as the far-left owns these narratives. And I say that as a moderate liberal.

- Dan Bernstein, 2016

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
mrgoodkat wrote:
Kaepernick simply hasn't exhibited any beyond a misguided ability to protest.

He's spent a ton of his own time and millions of his own dollars on charity and activism. Your entire post was filled with ignorance.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
FavreFan wrote:
mrgoodkat wrote:

He's spent a ton of his own time and millions of his own dollars on charity and activism. Your entire post was filled with ignorance.

Not quite millions; he is up to at least $700,000 though.... http://kaepernick7.com/million-dollar-pledge/

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:51 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
newper wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
mrgoodkat wrote:

Not quite millions; he is up to at least $700,000 though.... http://kaepernick7.com/million-dollar-pledge/

Shhhh , FF has an axe to grind, fuck the facts.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2044 ... istraction

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- Buffalo Bills running back LeSean McCoy said free-agent quarterback Colin Kaepernick is not a good enough player to be worth the "distraction" of a team signing him to play.

"It's a lot more than just he's not on the team because he doesn't want to stand for the national anthem," McCoy said Thursday. "That may have something to do with it, but I think also it has a lot to do with his play. I'm sure a lot of teams wouldn't want him as their starting quarterback. That chaos that comes along with it, it's a lot.

"As a team, trying to win and not have a distraction on the team, I just take that as a player -- there's certain players that could be on the team with big distractions, and there's other players that it's not good enough or not worth it. I think his situation is not good enough to have him on the team with all the attention that comes along with it. I'm sure if a guy like [Tom] Brady or a guy like whoever is your favorite player -- Odell Beckham or a guy like that -- you'll deal with that attention and play him."

McCoy was asked how Kaepernick's situation compares to that of former NFL quarterback Michael Vick, who became a Philadelphia Eagles teammate of McCoy in 2009 after spending time in prison on federal dogfighting charges.

"He's 10 times better than Kaepernick," McCoy said of Vick. "You'll deal with that situation, that attention, that media aspect of it. The good, the bad attention you'll get. Compared to Kaepernick, it's like, he's not really that good [enough] of a player to deal with.

"So people outside of sports don't really know that. They see only one side of black guy standing up for a good reason [and] the NFL is against him, but I think it's more than that. I think it has to do with some of that. But also, dealing with him with him on the team you're trying to build together. There's so many outsiders [that] can mess up a team. I can see both sides, I really can."

McCoy opined Thursday that Kaepernick, who remains unsigned as the start of the regular season approaches Sept. 7, would not make the roster of "certain teams" in the NFL.

"You just got to look at all sides," McCoy said. "Like, if I'm an owner or the GM of a team, do I want to put him on my team? Is he good enough to be on the squad, to even deal with everything that's going on? That's something that I don't really partake in."

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
No one he's ever actually played with has complained he was a distraction. Bomani Jones put this argument to rest months ago.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:58 pm 

I saw Linda Sarsour attended that rally at NFL HQ yesterday in support of him. Im sure having her on his side will result in an immediate signing .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:11 pm 

Kaepernick could start for the Browns, Rams, Texans, Jacksonville, Jets, 49ers, Chiefs, Miami.

It's a disgrace to the NFL that no one will sign him but domestic offenders and child abusers still can find work.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:16 pm 

Juiced wrote:
Kaepernick could start for the Browns, Rams, Texans, Jacksonville, Jets, 49ers, Chiefs, Miami.

It's a disgrace to the NFL that no one will sign him but domestic offenders and child abusers still can find work.

He may start for those teams but he wouldn't be that good.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:17 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Juiced wrote:

He also fails to take into account teams that have younger QBs that the teams are interested in developing over "right now".

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:18 pm 

pittmike wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Juiced wrote:

He also fails to take into account teams that have younger QBs that the teams are interested in developing over "right now".

Jets are developing Josh McCown?

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:20 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Juiced wrote:

Did I have to break out every one of them? :lol: Sorry, his freedom to protest is costing him work.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:25 pm 

pittmike wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Juiced wrote:

I took that into account and even if they wanted to start the young guy over the vet, there is still value in bringing in a former Super Bowl starting QB to help him adjust to the NFL.

He is being shunned out of the NFL for protesting during the National Anthem. If T.Brady did this, ESPN would be giving him an ESPY for sportsman of the year.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:28 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Juiced wrote:

:lol: :lol: Don't forget the Chiefs and the mess in Jacksonville. Blake Bortles is garbage.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:30 pm 

Juiced wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Juiced wrote:

:lol: :lol: Don't forget the Chiefs and the mess in Jacksonville. Blake Bortles is garbage.

The fact that Chad Henne is still in the league is absurd enough, never mind that he might start.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:35 pm 

Juiced wrote:
I took that into account and even if they wanted to start the young guy over the vet, there is still value in bringing in a former Super Bowl starting QB to help him adjust to the NFL.
The problem now is that it will be a big deal if your young guy is struggling and yet you aren't going to Kaepernick.

Imagine you are the Browns, and you are trying to develop Kizer. Kizer struggles in week 1 or 2 and Kaepernick is your backup and suddenly the same questions start being asked about why you won't play him. Take it a step further, and you then bench him and Kaepernick outperforms him but not significantly enough to do anything but make your draft pick next year worse. You then can't play Kizer because he's not the best quarterback on the team but you aren't going anywhere and Kaepernick isn't good enough.

The teams that should be signing him are teams that are good and have an established starting quarterback who need a competent backup in the case of injury. The problem there is that Kaepernick "likely" won't accept a low value deal and that is what those teams end up doing with backup quarterbacks.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:38 pm 

In all this Fuhrer over him not being signed , the one who seems to not be complaining is Kaep.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:39 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
The teams that should be signing him are teams that are good and have an established starting quarterback who need a competent backup in the case of injury. The problem there is that Kaepernick "likely" won't accept a low value deal and that is what those teams end up doing with backup quarterbacks.

And the "likely" indicates the main issue here since no actual offer has even come close to materializing. So instead we're talking about his "hypothetically" pricing himself out instead of actually doing so in order to excuse the clear blackballing that's going on.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:40 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
The problem there is that Kaepernick "likely" won't accept a low value deal and that is what those teams end up doing with backup quarterbacks.

Why do you say that?

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:43 pm 

ZephMarshack wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

And the "likely" indicates the main issue here since no actual offer has even come close to materializing. So instead we're talking about his "hypothetically" pricing himself out instead of actually doing so in order to excuse the clear blackballing that's going on.
You are speculating as much as anyone so you can stop jumping in all the time yelling "That's not the reason, this is the reason!".

He turned down a ton of money from the 49ers, and worked out for two teams, one of whom has a bunch of players sticking up for him. I know it isn't how the league works but I would love it if a team came out and made a public offer of $3.5 million a year to be a backup and let him accept it or not.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:45 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
The problem there is that Kaepernick "likely" won't accept a low value deal and that is what those teams end up doing with backup quarterbacks.

Why do you say that?
Well, he turned down big money from the 49ers to sit on the bench. The Seahawks seem like an organization that wouldn't care about any of this and no signing came out of that. He's also made a lot of money in his career and the political statement he made is getting more attention now than if he was in a training camp.

Obviously, none of us know exactly what is going on but would it shock you at all if he just really didn't want to play football anymore?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:46 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Juiced wrote:
The problem now is that it will be a big deal if your young guy is struggling and yet you aren't going to Kaepernick.

Imagine you are the Browns, and you are trying to develop Kizer. Kizer struggles in week 1 or 2 and Kaepernick is your backup and suddenly the same questions start being asked about why you won't play him. Take it a step further, and you then bench him and Kaepernick outperforms him but not significantly enough to do anything but make your draft pick next year worse. You then can't play Kizer because he's not the best quarterback on the team but you aren't going anywhere and Kaepernick isn't good enough.

You make it very clear if you are the Browns that Kaep is only there to help Kiser reach his full potential. If Kiser struggles in week 1/2 then you just say this is exactly why we brought Kaep, to help Kiser work through the struggle. I don't think that would be a hard sell. It isn't like MINN B.Farve is sitting on the sidelines.

And yes, the teams that need a backup should be bringing him in, no excuse for not signing him. That just strengthens our argument that he should have been signed.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:48 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Why do you say that?
Well, he turned down big money from the 49ers to sit on the bench. The Seahawks seem like an organization that wouldn't care about any of this and no signing came out of that. He's also made a lot of money in his career and the political statement he made is getting more attention now than if he was in a training camp.

Obviously, none of us know exactly what is going on but would it shock you at all if he just really didn't want to play football anymore?

That is an interesting theory, but the problem is no team has leaked that out. I would think the NFL would want everyone to know, "hey, it's not us being racist, it is him playing the victim card."

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:49 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

You are speculating as much as anyone so you can stop jumping in all the time yelling "That's not the reason, this is the reason!".

He turned down a ton of money from the 49ers, and worked out for two teams, one of whom has a bunch of players sticking up for him. I know it isn't how the league works but I would love it if a team came out and made a public offer of $3.5 million a year to be a backup and let him accept it or not.

Nope I'm just saying exactly what's transpired, rather than looking to exculpate the NFL owners at all costs. Which AFAICT is the only reason to be bringing up the notion that "he'd have turned down that offer anyway!" when literally no offers have been made.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:49 pm 

Juiced wrote:
You make it very clear if you are the Browns that Kaep is only there to help Kiser reach his full potential. If Kiser struggles in week 1/2 then you just say this is exactly why we brought Kaep, to help Kiser work through the struggle. I don't think that would be a hard sell. It isn't like MINN B.Farve is sitting on the sidelines.
Can you really do that? There would be quite an uproar if you said "We aren't playing the best player no matter what".

Juiced wrote:
And yes, the teams that need a backup should be bringing him in, no excuse for not signing him. That just strengthens our argument that he should have been signed.
He's better than many backups but we also don't know what exactly he wants to have for a role or a salary. Remember, Jay Cutler quit football until he got to walk into a starting job with a high salary. Kaep may not want to be a backup at $3.5 million a year.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:51 pm 

Juiced wrote:
That is an interesting theory, but the problem is no team has leaked that out. I would think the NFL would want everyone to know, "hey, it's not us being racist, it is him playing the victim card."

ZephMarshack wrote:
Nope I'm just saying exactly what's transpired, rather than looking to exculpate the NFL owners at all costs. Which AFAICT is the only reason to be bringing up the notion that "he'd have turned down that offer anyway!" when literally no offers have been made.

There was a report that he turned down an offer and I'm pretty sure you and others refused to believe it.

I think it is very likely that the Seattle Seahawks made him some type of offer.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:53 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Juiced wrote:
Can you really do that? There would be quite an uproar if you said "We aren't playing the best player no matter what".

Kiser's potential this year will be higher then Kaeps "best player claim" unless Kiser pulls a Cade Mcnown and then you thank the lucky stars you have Kaep on the bench because without him the media and fans will eat you alive.

Juiced wrote:
He's better than many backups but we also don't know what exactly he wants to have for a role or a salary. Remember, Jay Cutler quit football until he got to walk into a starting job with a high salary. Kaep may not want to be a backup at $3.5 million a year.

[b]Again, I would think the NFL would leak out what a greedy bastard Kaep is being to ruin his reputation as a rebel against the evil NFL owners.[/b]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 213 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next