It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:52 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 213 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:10 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Nas wrote:
I'm guessing he would have taken it if it were offered. By that time there were 0 starting jobs available. Same is true for Baltimore.

He has made a lot of money. This gives him more attention. It was a tough decision for Cutler to get a free $10 million from Miami. You think Kaep is doing it all for a few hundred thousand dollars after all the other groups get a cut of his one year deal?

Kaepernick doesn't strike me as a guy that really cares about money.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:11 am 

pizza_Place: John's
ZephMarshack wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
If Kapernick was willing to play for less, at this point, it only benefits his camp to release that information.

If at least one NFL teams had actually made him an offer, doesn't it only benefit the league to release that information rather than trying to sweep it under the rug?

IMO, if they did they could find themselves in trouble with the players union.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:12 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Nas wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
If Kapernick was willing to play for less, at this point, it only benefits his camp to release that information.

If he's having discussions with Baltimore and Seattle clearly he has to be willing to play for less. His camp knows there isn't money available and Wilson and Flacco already make a shit load of money.

Why does Kaepernick's actions bother the league?

Why do people get fired from companies all the time for speaking their mind?

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:13 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
He 1 million percent would be signed months ago without the kneeling.
By what team and for how much?

Whatever an average backup makes and whatever team needed a veteran backup

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:14 am 

Nas wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Nas wrote:
I'm guessing he would have taken it if it were offered. By that time there were 0 starting jobs available. Same is true for Baltimore.

He has made a lot of money. This gives him more attention. It was a tough decision for Cutler to get a free $10 million from Miami. You think Kaep is doing it all for a few hundred thousand dollars after all the other groups get a cut of his one year deal?

Why does he even want to play then?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:15 am 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
Nas wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Nas wrote:

Kaep really seemed to have quite the change when the media became critical of his poor play. He went from GQ coverboy to Afro-wearing political figure in no time. Something happened that really made him jaded. Probably had something to do with the asshole who runs the 49ers.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:16 am 
100000 CLUB

badrogue17 wrote:
Nas wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

If he's having discussions with Baltimore and Seattle clearly he has to be willing to play for less. His camp knows there isn't money available and Wilson and Flacco already make a shit load of money.

Why does Kaepernick's actions bother the league?

Why do people get fired from companies all the time for speaking their mind?

He didn't get fired. Besides, we're talking about a league that literally allows rapists, murderers, drug dealers and women beaters to play. You and I would be fired from any company even if we were the best for those things.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:16 am 

Nas wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Nas wrote:

Early Kapernick does. Not sure I buy that new Kap is real Kap. I kinda think he's a poser in all of this or being led by the gf.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:18 am 
100000 CLUB

Big Chicagoan wrote:
Nas wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Nas wrote:

Kaep really seemed to have quite the change when the media became critical of his poor play. He went from GQ coverboy to Afro-wearing political figure in no time. Something happened that really made him jaded. Probably had something to do with the asshole who runs the 49ers.

I dismissed what he was doing initially. Something did happen to make him do a 180.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:18 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Caller Bob wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

If at least one NFL teams had actually made him an offer, doesn't it only benefit the league to release that information rather than trying to sweep it under the rug?

IMO, if they did they could find themselves in trouble with the players union.

Come on. We hear stories of players rejecting contracts all the time; one of the main stories of the last two offseasons has been Kirk Cousins doing exactly that . It benefits Goddell and the league's image a lot more to be able to point to any evidence of Kapernick actually pricing himself out of a job than having to release statements saying it's not really blackballing if everyone just individually reaches the same conclusion.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:19 am 
100000 CLUB

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Nas wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Nas wrote:

Why does he even want to play then?

The love of the game.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:22 am 
100000 CLUB

rogers park bryan wrote:
Nas wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Nas wrote:

Early Kapernick does. Not sure I buy that new Kap is real Kap. I kinda think he's a poser in all of this or being led by the gf.

Interesting theory. I was surprised to see him taking a political stand. Maybe he's always believed this stuff and once his star dimmed he felt he had nothing to lose.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:22 am 

If I am the GM of the Seahawks, it doesn't benefit me to start texting NFL buddies about what we offered Kaep.

There is no upside to getting involved in that aspect.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:25 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

I don't think that's guaranteed. Even without the politics, teams have proven time and time again that black quarterbacks have a shorter leash. There's a reason there never has been a black equivalent of Ryan Fitzpatrick or Josh McCwon and that's because they would be out of the league long before having chance after chance to further demonstrate their mediocrity.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:28 am 

Nas wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Nas wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Nas wrote:

Interesting theory. I was surprised to see him taking a political stand. Maybe he's always believed this stuff and once his star dimmed he felt he had nothing to lose.

Could be, but hard to imagine he was worried too much about that stuff when he was kissing his biceps.

I think its very plausible that the gf opened his eyes to stuff that he never considered before. Whatever, people are allowed to change.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:28 am 
100000 CLUB

ZephMarshack wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

I don't think that's guaranteed. Even without the politics, teams have proven time and time again that black quarterbacks have a shorter leash. There's a reason there never has been a black equivalent of Ryan Fitzpatrick or Josh McCwon and that's because they would be out of the league long before having chance after chance to further demonstrate their mediocrity.

Jason Campbell kinda played that role.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:29 am 

ZephMarshack wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

I think the fact that he was once great-ish would lead to some GM rolling dice they could rediscover some of what made him great.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:29 am 
100000 CLUB

rogers park bryan wrote:
Nas wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Nas wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Nas wrote:

Could be, but hard to imagine he was worried too much about that stuff when he was kissing his biceps.

I think its very plausible that the gf opened his eyes to stuff that he never considered before. Whatever, people are allowed to change.

You know what they say about women?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:30 am 
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nas wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
This seemed fairly obvious. Many teams would have paid him to be on the bench. He's not good enough to be a starter on a good team and he is probably good enough to put you a few draft picks higher.

That is what was so dumb about "JOSH MCNOWN GOT SIGNED AND HE SUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS!". Yeah, he sucks and that is ok.

So you believe it's about football?

I believe it's about both. If he were as good as Brady he could light a flag on fire at the 50 yard line and someone would sign him. But the fact that he is a marginal guy taking a political stand that is unpopular with MANY of the customers is making him untouchable. There isn't much upside to signing him.

But it's not unpopular with MANY of the customers. It's unpopular with the loud white conservative blowholes. Most people could give a fuck.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:34 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

What team though? I can't come up with anyone but Seattle that would work and they obviously don't care about his anthem stuff.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:36 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

What team though? I can't come up with anyone but Seattle that would work and they obviously don't care about his anthem stuff.

I dont follow the NFL enough to answer that. I figure a guy like him who once had great success would be gambled on by someone

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:42 am 

ZephMarshack wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

There have been plenty of black quarterbacks be starters and then backups for a while.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:43 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

I dont follow the NFL enough to answer that. I figure a guy like him who once had great success would be gambled on by someone

So how do you know for certain he would be signed?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:47 am 

I explained my reasoning. I guess you cant ever say "for sure"

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:49 am 

Baby McNown wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nas wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
This seemed fairly obvious. Many teams would have paid him to be on the bench. He's not good enough to be a starter on a good team and he is probably good enough to put you a few draft picks higher.

That is what was so dumb about "JOSH MCNOWN GOT SIGNED AND HE SUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS!". Yeah, he sucks and that is ok.

I believe it's about both. If he were as good as Brady he could light a flag on fire at the 50 yard line and someone would sign him. But the fact that he is a marginal guy taking a political stand that is unpopular with MANY of the customers is making him untouchable. There isn't much upside to signing him.

But it's not unpopular with MANY of the customers. It's unpopular with the loud white conservative blowholes. Most people could give a fuck.

Huh? He'll be booed in every stadium he plays in. Of course it's unpopular .

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:51 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

There have been plenty of black quarterbacks be starters and then backups for a while.
Ryan Fitzpatrick has more career starts than every black quarterback outside of Warren Moon, Randall Cunningham, Donovan McNabb, and Steve McNair. So yes, one only needs to be as good as one of those guys to have a long career in the league akin to Fitzpatrick's.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:53 am 

Charlie Batch?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:58 am 

ZephMarshack wrote:
Ryan Fitzpatrick has more career starts than every black quarterback outside of Warren Moon, Randall Cunningham, Donovan McNabb, and Steve McNair. So yes, one only needs to be as good as one of those guys to have a long career in the league akin to Fitzpatrick's.
Ryan Fitzpatrick has won virtually every QB battle he has ever been in though. He has had a unique career that almost white quarterbacks won't ever have either. It's a bad comparison.

Last edited by Brick on Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:00 pm 

Fitzpatrick finds himself starting NFL games still because he signs cheap and does whatever you tell him. Then whenever the QB in front of him gets hurt/falters...there he is.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:02 pm 
badrogue17 wrote:
Baby McNown wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nas wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Huh? He'll be booed in every stadium he plays in. Of course it's unpopular .

I would disagree with that statement.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 213 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next