It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:40 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 526 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 18  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2017 Season
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
FavreFan wrote:
If the Saints lose this loss is on Sean Payton. Maybe sooner or later he will realize Kamara is his best back and needs the ball more.

The "Barely use our best player until we are down two touchdowns late" strategy is a poor one.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:58 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Jacksonville really fucked that game up. They could have just taken a knee and gone to overtime but they gave AZ the ball back.

I can't believe Dawson is still in the league and hitting the longest of his career. Pretty good finish.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:17 pm 

Gotta love Belichick

Reporter: Did you consider replacing Tom late in the game?
BB: :scratch: on the kneel downs? What difference does it make?

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:15 pm 

Very pleasantly surprised by GB's competitiveness in this game.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:24 pm 

That really was a hell of a play by Watt. I'm still mad GB passed on him.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:49 pm 

Hundley is truly awful.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:59 pm 

Does fat ass Andy Reid get the ax for this choke job by his team? Alex Smith is back to being Alex Smith, for all those dopes that thought he was a changed player.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:04 pm 

RR must be loving the saints loss today. payton and brees both laid eggs, and kept the human highlight reel and the best player on the field in check. kamara could've gone toe-to-toe with the rams defense himself, and they decide to try and have breesus win another one being down.

they are going to have to get over themselves and let the kid play. they better light up the panthers next week. this loss was bullshit.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:08 pm 

W_Z wrote:
RR must be loving the saints loss today. payton and brees both laid eggs, and kept the human highlight reel and the best player on the field in check. kamara could've gone toe-to-toe with the rams defense himself, and they decide to try and have breesus win another one being down.

they are going to have to get over themselves and let the kid play. they better light up the panthers next week. this loss was bullshit.

I can't imagine how infuriating that must've been. I didn't bet on it and don't care about either team but it was pissing me off last week and this week that they don't go to him until they absolutely needs to when he's been making shit happen all year long on very limited touches.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:31 pm 

A game of inches

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:13 am 

FavreFan wrote:
W_Z wrote:

I can't imagine how infuriating that must've been. I didn't bet on it and don't care about either team but it was pissing me off last week and this week that they don't go to him until they absolutely needs to when he's been making shit happen all year long on very limited touches.

but so is Ingram

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:18 am 

ingram got touches on sunday, and didn't do much with them. granted, he had a touchdown taken away by his dumbass TE's illegal pick but that is probably why he had an easy route to the endzone.

every time kamara got the ball, he did something with it. even on up the middle plays, which isn't his strength, he got 5-6 yards.

next sunday better be the kamara show.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:27 am 

Ingram had one more touch than Kamara yesterday.

The distribution between them seems to be working fine for the team as Ingram is fourth in the league in rushing (despite the discombobulated backfield to start the season) and Kamara is doing well.

Both players have had their special moments.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:12 pm 

W_Z wrote:

Frankly I had no deep feelings at all about the game after the Rams came out punching them in the mouth. I couldn't really find a justification to watch after the first quarter.

Payton's arrogance and the owner make it remarkably easy to turn their games off

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:16 pm 

tough crowd, those saints fans

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:22 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
tough crowd, those saints fans

The owner and coach both have been feasting off of 2009 and bleeding fans at every turn. I remember this all too well from my Bear fan days and won't get stuck again.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:52 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
W_Z wrote:

but so is Ingram

Not as much as Kamara. Ingram has been very good this year. Kamara has been special.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:20 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Joe Flacco sucks so bad he got FavreFan to tune out.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
Manning benched for..... GENO SMITH!?!?!?!?! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

How the mighty have fallen!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
Big Chicagoan wrote:
Manning benched for..... GENO SMITH!?!?!?!?! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

How the mighty have fallen!

https://twitter.com/PLeonardNYDN/status ... 1054743555

With maximum derp face.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
Is McAdoo asking to get fired before the end of the season? I could see this happening if say they were passing the torch to their future QB. The only torch that should be anywhere near Geno is one lighting him on fire. What a shitshow. And the gordon gecko hair McAdoo.....wtf is up with that?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:23 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Urlacher's missing neck wrote:
Is McAdoo asking to get fired before the end of the season? I could see this happening if say they were passing the torch to their future QB. The only torch that should be anywhere near Geno is one lighting him on fire. What a shitshow. And the gordon gecko hair McAdoo.....wtf is up with that?

Yes let's get some reps for Geno and see what he can do, it's not like he fucking flammed out for some other New York team already.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
SpiralStairs wrote:
Urlacher's missing neck wrote:

Yes let's get some reps for Geno and see what he can do, it's not like he fucking flammed out for some other New York team already.

I thought the Bills had cornered the market on stupid QB decisions, but this makes no sense whatsoever. Maybe Smith has a clause in the contract where if he doesn't take at least 30 snaps he gets a 200k bonus.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
as a lifelong diehard giants fan who has lived through some dark days of the franchise, this is one of the darkest days ever. I understand that Eli Manning is not considered "elite" and I understand how some criticize his "gee whiz, aww shucks" appearance he displays on the field at times. I am not contending that Eli should be considered top-10 of all time, or top-20 or top-50. What i will say is that the deal that sent Eli Manning to the New York Giants that was crafted by Ernie Accorsi is the single greatest trade the Giants ever made, and there was never a quarterback more suited to play in the Big Apple than Eli Manning. That demeanor and body language he has so often been criticized for was PERFECT for this franchise. At his best and at his worst Eli was never anything short of a professional when it came to dealing with the New York media, who often short-sightedly wanted to drum him out of town early in his career when everyone laughed at the Giants for being at the losing end of that trade. He never publicly criticized his teammates and stood in front of the podium even after the worst performances (and there were many) and took his beating like a man and never ran for the safety of the locker room. Both Philip Rivers and Eli Manning have had tremendous runs for their respective franchises, but had that deal not been made I am 100 percent convinced NEITHER would have found the success the ended up with. Philip Rivers and his fiery antics early in his career would have been chewed up and spit out by fans and media alike, and Eli and his aloof nature would likely have bene another Stan Humphries.

Ben McAdoo, Jerry Reese and Tim Mara should be embarrassed throwing Manning under the bus like this. This team has 1,000 problems, but Eli Manning was not one of them. This desperate play to somehow rally this team is a sad effort to deflect the inadequacies of both McAdoo and Reese and heap the blame for this terrible team on Eli Manning. Eli will, like always, take it like a man, do what he is asked to do, and on Sunday afternoon endure every camera watching his every move while Geno Fucking Smith runs this terrible team right into oblivion.

This is a fucking embarrassment of the highest order, and I wish the New York Football Giants nothing but misery until both McAdoo and Reese get their walking papers. I hope they don't win another game, and I hope the first round draft choice the "earn", if handled and chosen by Jerry Reese in the 2018 draft, is a legendary bust the likes of which they have never seen. And for Tim Mara sitting back allowing this to happen, I wish 20 years of losing football and for MetLife stadium to be an empty sarcophagus of misery and failure for this onetime proud franchise.

i am out, fuck this shit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:37 am 

Eli has been shit for a while. He will go down has having 2 of the luckiest Super Bowl titles in history. Otherwise, he is just a guy.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:48 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
schmitty1121 wrote:
Eli has been shit for a while. He will go down has having 2 of the luckiest Super Bowl titles in history. Otherwise, he is just a guy.

Yeah the melodrama about this is almost as over-the-top as it was for Tony Romo last season. At least Eli won 2 Super Bowls I guess. I wouldn't be surprised if Smith plays better than Eli has this season, though that wouldn't be much of an accomplishment given how bad Manning's been for a while now.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:49 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
schmitty1121 wrote:
He will go down has having 2 of the luckiest Super Bowl titles in history.
He twice beat a team lead by perhaps the greatest coach and QB ever. The first time said team was undefeated up to that point. Terrible thought.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:36 pm 

ZephMarshack wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised if Smith plays better than Eli has this season.

:lol:

I will be. I've seen Geno Smith play before.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
The problem with the Giants, no offensive line and his recievers are a 2nd year player in Shepard and rookie Engram, hard to do much with that.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Jesus... :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 526 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 18  Next