It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:59 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 482 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
 Post subject: Re: Deshaun Watson
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Beek's
billypootons wrote:
Nas wrote:
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
11 seems like a weird number.

They met in the middle.

Hos first game back is at Houston... so I'm sure that is just a coincidence

Hos...Never was a typo more appropriate.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:56 pm 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
I did a complete 180 on douchebags in sports and entertainment who are assholes. Unless they are convicted, let them entertain us. Watson will make a lot more people happy than the "victims". Millions more! So in a way he is a good thing for society!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:48 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
blackhawksfan wrote:
I did a complete 180 on douchebags in sports and entertainment who are assholes. Unless they are convicted, let them entertain us. Watson will make a lot more people happy than the "victims". Millions more! So in a way he is a good thing for society!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Hard to argue with most of what OJ said.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:04 pm 

I've been stuck at home for a few days watching sports channels. Aside from the exception of a few women like Mina Kimes, I really am disgusted by the multitude of new women hires tut tutting about this situation.

Sarah Spain, Emily Kaplan, Kimberly Martin, Molly Qerim and MANY of their scalded hysterical commentators really add nothing. Especially in this matter. They're all pulling a July screaming for blood despite what two grand juries, at least 23 settlements (one including the NFL) have dictated. Their high handed ignorance and lack of common sense is appalling. They want that jackass to admit and apologize for what he likely did. Criminal charges be damned.

At least the women that comment on basketball understand sports and not whatever nitwit idea is trending on Twitter.

Rant over.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:16 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
I've been stuck at home for a few days watching sports channels. Aside from the exception of a few women like Mina Kimes, I really am disgusted by the multitude of new women hires tut tutting about this situation.

Sarah Spain, Emily Kaplan, Kimberly Martin, Molly Qerim and MANY of their scalded hysterical commentators really add nothing. Especially in this matter. They're all pulling a July screaming for blood despite what two grand juries, at least 23 settlements (one including the NFL) have dictated. Their high handed ignorance and lack of common sense is appalling. They want that jackass to admit and apologize for what he likely did. Criminal charges be damned.

At least the women that comment on basketball understand sports and not whatever nitwit idea is trending on Twitter.

Rant over.

100%

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Regular Reader wrote:
They're all pulling a July screaming for blood despite what two grand juries, at least 23 settlements (one including the NFL) have dictated. Their high handed ignorance and lack of common sense is appalling. They want that jackass to admit and apologize for what he likely did. Criminal charges be damned.

Rant over.

I guess Julie changed her mind after saying that money was an acceptable way to resolve these kinds of disputes.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:35 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
W_Z wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

Rant over.

100%

yep....if they want blood, their angst should be directed towards the women that settled. No criminal charges really does limit the punishment. He missed last season and now 11 games. That's pretty severe considering he's not been criminally charged.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Holy Hell Stephen A is going nuts right now on First Take.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
On another note RG3 is going to have a long career in media. He looks great on camera and is well spoken with interesting thoughts.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:40 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Regular Reader wrote:

Rant over.

All they have is their rant. I have no problem with them using their platform to air their frustration.

Out of the 60+ women that Watson got a massage from and the 24 women who filed a complaint, I think most of us know that he did a little bit more than show his dick. It's highly likely that he sexually assaulted at least 1 woman.

What was his punishment? A paid year off so his body can heal. A NEW $250M fully guaranteed contract. A contract that was intentionally structured so he would lose less than $650K in salary for missing 11 games due to suspension.

It's a slap in the face. The outrage is warranted.

Edit: I'm also sick of hearing that he wasn't charged as evidence of his innocence. OJ was acquitted, and we all still view him as a double murderer.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:23 pm 

He’s playing for the Browns. That should be punishment enough.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Guy is a giant piece of shit.

He technically didn’t rape anybody and that’s enough for some to hand wave his behavior. It’s pathetic.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:55 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's

He technically didn’t rape anybody and that’s enough for some to hand wave his behavior. It’s pathetic.

He might be a piece of shit....the world is full of them. It doesn't change the fact that he's not a criminal.

How many games suspension did Ben Roethlisberger receive in the earlier part of his career? Did he ever go to jail? His piece of shit factor is pretty well documented.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:08 pm 
100000 CLUB

BigW72 wrote:

He might be a piece of shit....the world is full of them. It doesn't change the fact that he's not a criminal.

How many games suspension did Ben Roethlisberger receive in the earlier part of his career? Did he ever go to jail? His piece of shit factor is pretty well documented.

The NFL isn't the court of law. Their personal conduct policy isn't tied to the criminal justice system.

Big Ben is a piece of shit. He got suspended for 8 games in an entirely different NFL. You could kill a guy with your car back then and suit up a few hours later. He also didn't have dozens of sexual assault allegations made against him either.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:34 pm 

Big Ben would get at least a season these days. Peyton would probably slip in the draft for mooning a trainer in college. Cutler maybe 6 games for smoking on the sidelines.

Watson had 60+ women complain inside of 18 months.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Big Ben would get at least a season these days. Peyton would probably slip in the draft for mooning a trainer in college. Cutler maybe 6 games for smoking on the sidelines.

How long should one be out on the basis of allegations ?

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:00 pm 
100000 CLUB

badrogue17 wrote:

Dozens of allegations? More than 11 games and more than $650k in lost wages.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:32 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:

Depends on the allegations.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Desean Watson will be really really really okay. Unless he does something stupid again.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Regular Reader wrote:

Rant over.

Mina Kimes is sharper than the rest of them combined.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 7:01 pm 

He apologized to all women.. what more can you ask for in a man

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 7:57 pm 

il
I don't really disagree. If I owned a team I wouldn't sign him. Several teams (including my SAINTS unfortunately) did consider signing him. But if the league rules and penalties have been set, collectively change the rules to reflect reality.

But Robert Kraft, Daniel Snyder and Steve Ross gotta get a helluva lot more than a league looking the other way if they're going to be consistent. Which won't happen.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:08 pm 
100000 CLUB

Watson's agent is asking "whatabout" Epstein and Maxwell. That'll definitely help his cause.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:25 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:

il
I don't really disagree. If I owned a team I wouldn't sign him. Several teams (including my SAINTS unfortunately) did consider signing him. But if the league rules and penalties have been set, collectively change the rules to reflect reality.

But Robert Kraft, Daniel Snyder and Steve Ross gotta get a helluva lot more than a league looking the other way if they're going to be consistent. Which won't happen.

Kraft, Snyder and Ross didn’t coerce 5 dozen women (that we know of) into handies+.

Watson’s a unique piece of shit in that respect.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 11:25 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 11:29 am 

pizza_Place: What??
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

And OF COURSE he has a barb wire tattoo.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 11:33 am 
100000 CLUB

Nardi wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

And OF COURSE he has a barb wire tattoo.

It's essentially an anklet. Very manly.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 11:55 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Is that Matt Nagy?

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:57 am 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
He's back!!!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 482 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next