It is currently Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:35 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:16 pm
Posts: 71641
Hank Scorpio wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
That's because Elway was mediocre. I'm glad Terrell Davis was able to win two SB's for him, though.

He's definitely over rated.


He's properly rated. Favre was the poor man's Elway.

This is what I mean.


Now Nas will come here and call Elway the GOAT

_________________
Now I don't give a fuck if you
Black, White, Asian, Hispanic, goddammit
That don't mean shit to me
Fuck your ethnicity


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:16 am
Posts: 18695
pizza_Place: Aurelios
rogers park bryan wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
That's because Elway was mediocre. I'm glad Terrell Davis was able to win two SB's for him, though.

He's definitely over rated.


He's properly rated. Favre was the poor man's Elway.

This is what I mean.


Now Nas will come here and call Elway the GOAT


He wasn't the GOAT, that is Brady. Elway is on the Mount Rushmore though. Brady, Marino, Elway and some dope from the old times to make JORR and the old sportswriters happy.

_________________
drinky wrote:
If you hate Laurence, then don't listen - don't comment. When he co-hosts the B&B show, take that day off ... listen to an old podcast of a Bernstein solo show and jerk off all day.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:30 am
Posts: 2889
pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Hank Scorpio wrote:
He wasn't the GOAT, that is Brady. Elway is on the Mount Rushmore though. Brady, Marino, Elway and some dope from the old times to make JORR and the old sportswriters happy.

Manning definitely belongs before Elway.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:56 am
Posts: 24036
Location: A sterile, homogeneous suburb
pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Favre was better thanElway.

Hank, how many bad opinions are you gonna have today?

_________________
312player wrote:
More weird jews..smh


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:56 am
Posts: 24036
Location: A sterile, homogeneous suburb
pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
ZephMarshack wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
He wasn't the GOAT, that is Brady. Elway is on the Mount Rushmore though. Brady, Marino, Elway and some dope from the old times to make JORR and the old sportswriters happy.

Manning definitely belongs before Elway.


And it's not close.

_________________
312player wrote:
More weird jews..smh


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:10 pm
Posts: 14330
Location: "Across 110th Street"
A-Rod is the best pure passer I've seen since Marino, maybe of my lifetime.

Brady, Brees, Big Ben, possibly Cam if gets a real offensive coaching staff. Rivers is deserving of good consideration, Manning deserves none at the pro level imo.

Dak & Deshaun probably are the front runners of the young guys.

And you Elway critics are right imo

_________________
"Law cannot change hearts, but it can restrain the heartless." MLKing, 12/7/64, London, England.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:10 pm
Posts: 14330
Location: "Across 110th Street"
Hank Scorpio wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
That's because Elway was mediocre. I'm glad Terrell Davis was able to win two SB's for him, though.

He's definitely over rated.


He's properly rated. Favre was the poor man's Elway.

This is what I mean.


Now Nas will come here and call Elway the GOAT


He wasn't the GOAT, that is Brady. Elway is on the Mount Rushmore though. Brady, Marino, Elway and some dope from the old times to make JORR and the old sportswriters happy.



That old dope would be Montana. But I couldn't put Marino up there with ring-less fingers. Replace him with Otto Graham for the even older dopes :lol:

_________________
"Law cannot change hearts, but it can restrain the heartless." MLKing, 12/7/64, London, England.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2006 3:55 pm
Posts: 16029
Location: Wrigley
pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
RR, I like that Marino love. Great pure passer.

_________________
Founding member of the Arlington 10. With FF as our leader, we are better managed than the United States Government.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:16 am
Posts: 18695
pizza_Place: Aurelios
Regular Reader wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
That's because Elway was mediocre. I'm glad Terrell Davis was able to win two SB's for him, though.

He's definitely over rated.


He's properly rated. Favre was the poor man's Elway.

This is what I mean.


Now Nas will come here and call Elway the GOAT


He wasn't the GOAT, that is Brady. Elway is on the Mount Rushmore though. Brady, Marino, Elway and some dope from the old times to make JORR and the old sportswriters happy.



That old dope would be Montana. But I couldn't put Marino up there with ring-less fingers. Replace him with Otto Graham for the even older dopes :lol:



:lol: :lol:

Otto Graham was the kind of name I was looking for. Montana was overrated, I'm not young enough to consider him an 'old guy'.

_________________
drinky wrote:
If you hate Laurence, then don't listen - don't comment. When he co-hosts the B&B show, take that day off ... listen to an old podcast of a Bernstein solo show and jerk off all day.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:56 am
Posts: 24036
Location: A sterile, homogeneous suburb
pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
I just realized Favre has been retired for 7 fucking years. Damn, we're getting old, gentlemen.

_________________
312player wrote:
More weird jews..smh


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:16 pm
Posts: 71641
Elway had 5 seasons (at all different times in his career) where he threw more picks than Touchdowns.

_________________
Now I don't give a fuck if you
Black, White, Asian, Hispanic, goddammit
That don't mean shit to me
Fuck your ethnicity


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:10 pm
Posts: 14330
Location: "Across 110th Street"
leashyourkids wrote:
I just realized Favre has been retired for 7 fucking years. Damn, we're getting old, gentlemen.


Speak for yourself sonny. Some of us have been old.

_________________
"Law cannot change hearts, but it can restrain the heartless." MLKing, 12/7/64, London, England.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:16 am
Posts: 18695
pizza_Place: Aurelios
rogers park bryan wrote:
Elway had 5 seasons (at all different times in his career) where he threw more picks than Touchdowns.


OG Gunslinger.

_________________
drinky wrote:
If you hate Laurence, then don't listen - don't comment. When he co-hosts the B&B show, take that day off ... listen to an old podcast of a Bernstein solo show and jerk off all day.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:16 pm
Posts: 71641
Hank Scorpio wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Elway had 5 seasons (at all different times in his career) where he threw more picks than Touchdowns.


OG Gunslinger.

Got famous off beating the Browns. Pretty sure I could go 98 yards on the Browns.

_________________
Now I don't give a fuck if you
Black, White, Asian, Hispanic, goddammit
That don't mean shit to me
Fuck your ethnicity


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:16 am
Posts: 18695
pizza_Place: Aurelios
rogers park bryan wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Elway had 5 seasons (at all different times in his career) where he threw more picks than Touchdowns.


OG Gunslinger.

Got famous off beating the Browns. Pretty sure I could go 98 yards on the Browns.


But those were the Ravens. The Browns suck but the Browns/Ravens are a real franchise.

_________________
drinky wrote:
If you hate Laurence, then don't listen - don't comment. When he co-hosts the B&B show, take that day off ... listen to an old podcast of a Bernstein solo show and jerk off all day.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:17 am
Posts: 43950
Location: Palatine
pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
It also depends if there is an artificial limit to the number of quarterbacks from an era.

Tier 1:
Brady
Manning(not active but part of it)
Brees
Big Ben

Tier 2:
Rodgers
Eli
Rivers

Tier 3:
Stafford
Ryan

I could see the cutoff happen anywhere from part of tier 2 down to below tier 3. That is a lot of quarterbacks to put in the HOF though if you let them all in.

It's cute you put Brees ahead of Rodgers.

Brady
Rodgers
Brees
Ben
Russell Wilson

That's the list.

_________________
I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:17 am
Posts: 43950
Location: Palatine
pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:
Sticking Rodgers in the same tier as Eli and Rivers is something only a Bears fan could do. If anything I'd put Brady and Manning above the rest and then stick Brees, Rodgers, and Ben in their own tier.
If it makes you feel better, I think if he has a good end to his career I think Rodgers can get up to tier 1.

I hate the guy so it doesn't make me feel better at all, but even if he never plays again I think he already ranks above Ben and Brees all time.
I think the stats don't tell the whole story on Ben.

I disagree on Brees. The Rodgers is great argument has always been about his statistics and he doesn't have that over Brees.

Um... yes he does. Unless you just mean longevity stats.

Rodgers/Brees isn't really a debate. Rodgers was clearly and significantly better when both were at their best. Brees wins on longevity but that's overrated. It's not like Rodgers only had 5 good years.

_________________
I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:15 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2005 6:45 pm
Posts: 15471
Location: Lovetron
pizza_Place: Malnati's
If Russell Wilson is on the list, then we may as well throw Brett Hundley into the ring as well.

_________________
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Because without agreement on objective truth, how do we communicate?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:17 am
Posts: 43950
Location: Palatine
pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Seacrest wrote:
If Russell Wilson is on the list, then we may as well throw Brett Hundley into the ring as well.

Brady is the only QB more accomplished in the first few years of a career. If Wilson stays relatively healthy over the next 8-10 years he's a lock.

_________________
I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:16 am
Posts: 18695
pizza_Place: Aurelios
Seacrest wrote:
If Russell Wilson is on the list, then we may as well throw Brett Hundley into the ring as well.


:lol: :lol:

No doubt.

_________________
drinky wrote:
If you hate Laurence, then don't listen - don't comment. When he co-hosts the B&B show, take that day off ... listen to an old podcast of a Bernstein solo show and jerk off all day.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:20 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2006 3:55 pm
Posts: 16029
Location: Wrigley
pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
My list in order:

Brady
P Manning
Marino
Favre
Rodgers

And I have to give Brady so much credit. He seems to have the least talent among that group, and he also had very mediocre skills guys around him.

_________________
Founding member of the Arlington 10. With FF as our leader, we are better managed than the United States Government.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:17 am
Posts: 43950
Location: Palatine
pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
denisdman wrote:
My list in order:

Brady
P Manning
Marino
Favre
Rodgers

And I have to give Brady so much credit. He seems to have the least talent among that group, and he also had very mediocre skills guys around him.

Having the best coach of all time is more useful than having elite WRs

_________________
I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:26 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2006 3:55 pm
Posts: 16029
Location: Wrigley
pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
FavreFan wrote:
denisdman wrote:
My list in order:

Brady
P Manning
Marino
Favre
Rodgers

And I have to give Brady so much credit. He seems to have the least talent among that group, and he also had very mediocre skills guys around him.

Having the best coach of all time is more useful than having elite WRs



Yeah, he is incredible. Passes Bill Walsh for sure. I just can't figure out how he keeps doing it. It's never anything spectacular. The other four on my list would do incredible things all the time. Brady is just methodical.

_________________
Founding member of the Arlington 10. With FF as our leader, we are better managed than the United States Government.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:12 pm
Posts: 1638
pizza_Place: maciano's
Brady
Manning
A-A-Ron

Big Ben
Brees


To be a HOF QB you need multiple titles or Brees like numbers and a title. Eli is on the fence for me with the 2 titles but eventually gets in for playing in NY.

Anyone else needs 2 more titles in my book to open the discussion.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:15 am
Posts: 15469
pizza_Place: nick n vito's
leashyourkids wrote:
That's because Elway was mediocre. I'm glad Terrell Davis was able to win two SB's for him, though.




I thought Denver plugged a handful of guys into the HB position and all did real well.. Great line.

_________________
The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
Laurence Holmes is a fucking weirdo, a nerd in denial, and a wannabe. Not a very good radio host either.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:15 am
Posts: 15469
pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Rodgers over Manning.


Brady
Rodgers




Big Ben
Both Mannings
Brees

_________________
The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
Laurence Holmes is a fucking weirdo, a nerd in denial, and a wannabe. Not a very good radio host either.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:56 am
Posts: 24036
Location: A sterile, homogeneous suburb
pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
312player wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
That's because Elway was mediocre. I'm glad Terrell Davis was able to win two SB's for him, though.




I thought Denver plugged a handful of guys into the HB position and all did real well.. Great line.


They did. I meant more the running game in general

TD
Mike Anderson
Clinton Portis
Olandis Gary

_________________
312player wrote:
More weird jews..smh


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:50 pm
Posts: 2331
pizza_Place: AL'S in Warrenville
Jim Grey told me Drew Brees healed Post Katrina New Orleans. That doesn't carry any weight here?

_________________
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Have a terrible night and die in MANY fires.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:17 am
Posts: 43950
Location: Palatine
pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
ToxicMasculinity wrote:
Jim Grey told me Drew Brees healed Post Katrina New Orleans. That doesn't carry any weight here?

He lied to you. The Bears finished what Katrina started.

_________________
I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2006 6:57 pm
Posts: 54627
Location: To the left of my post
FavreFan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:
Sticking Rodgers in the same tier as Eli and Rivers is something only a Bears fan could do. If anything I'd put Brady and Manning above the rest and then stick Brees, Rodgers, and Ben in their own tier.
If it makes you feel better, I think if he has a good end to his career I think Rodgers can get up to tier 1.

I hate the guy so it doesn't make me feel better at all, but even if he never plays again I think he already ranks above Ben and Brees all time.
I think the stats don't tell the whole story on Ben.

I disagree on Brees. The Rodgers is great argument has always been about his statistics and he doesn't have that over Brees.

Um... yes he does. Unless you just mean longevity stats.

Rodgers/Brees isn't really a debate. Rodgers was clearly and significantly better when both were at their best. Brees wins on longevity but that's overrated. It's not like Rodgers only had 5 good years.

Got any stats to back that up?

_________________
You do not talk to me like that! I work too hard to deal with this stuff! I work too hard! I'm an important member of the CSFMB! I drive a Dodge Stratus!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: FrankDrebin and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group