All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Jerry Jones
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Quote:
Owners have their own nuclear option for dealing with Jerry Jones

Mike Florio
16 hours ago

When it comes to the lingering dispute regarding the Roger Goodell contract extension, much has been written and said about the potential nuclear option possessed by Cowboys owner Jerry Jones. But the rest of the owners (or, more accurately, those who oppose Jones) have a nuclear option of their own.

They could, in theory, attempt to trigger forfeiture of the Dallas franchise.

A league source with knowledge of the situation tells PFT that multiple owners already have been discussing the possibility, which flows from Article VIII of the NFL’s Constitution & Bylaws. Specifically, Section 8.13 authorizes the Commissioner to determine that an owner “has been or is guilty of conduct detrimental to the welfare of the League or professional football.” If the Commissioner believes the available sanction (a $500,000 fine) is “not adequate or sufficient,” the Commissioner may refer the issue to the NFL’s Executive Committee, which has the power to compel “[c]ancellation or forfeiture of the franchise in the League of any member club involved or implicated,” with a directive to sell the team.

WILL. NEVER. HAPPEN.

jerry jones is a clown but gotta love him teaming up with papa john to torpedo goodell. nfl ownership politics has been MUCH more interesting than the season so through 11 weeks.

Post subject: Re: Jerry Jones
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
I would consider an exorcism if I was Jerry's kid. It won't be nice living with Al Davis possessing your dad.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:18 pm 

I noticed the other day when they were reporting on the Goodell hiring committee all the old school NFL families hold a seat: Maras, Rooneys, Hunts, etc. You never hear the Mc Caskeys in this kind of leadership.

They are like a carbon copy that gets more faded with each generation after Halas.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Bianchis
good dolphin wrote:
I noticed the other day when they were reporting on the Goodell hiring committee all the old school NFL families hold a seat: Maras, Rooneys, Hunts, etc. You never hear the Mc Caskeys in this kind of leadership.

They are like a carbon copy that gets more faded with each generation after Halas.

And if the movie Multiplicity has taught us anything, when you make a copy of a copy, it usually ends up retarded i.e. George McCaskey

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
Not quite sure what his motives really are, but he is right to challenge a new contract for Goodell. The NFL is tanking right now with him at the helm. It needs new leadership to clean this mess up.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:28 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Yeah, I'm Team Facelift on this one. Jerry was the one who liberated the Rams from St. Louis. I trust his judgment.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Big Chicagoan wrote:
Not quite sure what his motives really are, but he is right to challenge a new contract for Goodell. The NFL is tanking right now with him at the helm. It needs new leadership to clean this mess up.

And I'd be ok with that if that was his true intention. Instead, he is just pissed about his running back situation. I have to give the NFL credit for standing firm on this one. For as bad as they messed up with Rice, they are telling the players not to engage in that type of behavior. Normally sports leagues look the other way.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:36 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
I wouldn't expect anything from a sports league's board of governors but multimillion dollar decisions based on petty grievances. Look at the time the Hurricanes made the Red Wings match a poison-pill contract for Sergei Fedorov because the two teams' owners got into a shouting match at a youth hockey game 15 years prior.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:53 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
Yeah, I'm Team Facelift on this one. Jerry was the one who liberated the Rams from St. Louis. I trust his judgment.

and took his fee by means of the concessions contract

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:56 am 

http://www.espn.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/21441056/nfl-commissioner-roger-goodell-bitter-battle-saw-coming-led-dallas-cowboys-owner-jerry-jones
Quote:
THERE WAS A PAUSE. It was Aug. 9, inside Roger Goodell's sixth-floor office at the NFL's Park Avenue headquarters in New York City -- down the hall, past the executives' offices and his assistant's desk, and through a large, thick wooden door that is both imposing and usually left open to serve as a welcome. Goodell huddled over a speakerphone with general counsel Jeff Pash. On the other end was Jerry Jones. Adhering to the protocol of giving owners a 48-hour heads-up before a major disciplinary issue involving their team is announced, Goodell and Pash informed Jones that after a 13-month domestic violence inquiry, the Dallas Cowboys' star running back, Ezekiel Elliott, would face punishment -- a six-game suspension.

The line went quiet. Seconds passed. Goodell's decision was an unconscionable violation of trust, Jones later told associates, because he believed that the commissioner had assured him this past spring that there would be no suspension. Jones saw in Elliott a genuine opportunity, a player so good that he had made Jones believe that this year he just might win a Super Bowl for the first time since 1996. His anger was palpable. Finally, according to sources with direct knowledge of the call, Jones broke the silence. He aimed his words not only at Goodell's decision but also at his role as judge, jury and executioner in the case.

"I'm gonna come after you with everything I have," Jones said. Then he mentioned Deflategate. "If you think Bob Kraft came after you hard, Bob Kraft is a pussy compared to what I'm going to do."

:lol: :cheers:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:34 am 

They don't need to go nuclear. The slightest bit of investigation on Jerry will uncover something. Leak it to the press and let his other owners issue punishment on him.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Kirkwood wrote:
http://www.espn.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/21441056/nfl-commissioner-roger-goodell-bitter-battle-saw-coming-led-dallas-cowboys-owner-jerry-jones
Quote:
THERE WAS A PAUSE. It was Aug. 9, inside Roger Goodell's sixth-floor office at the NFL's Park Avenue headquarters in New York City -- down the hall, past the executives' offices and his assistant's desk, and through a large, thick wooden door that is both imposing and usually left open to serve as a welcome. Goodell huddled over a speakerphone with general counsel Jeff Pash. On the other end was Jerry Jones. Adhering to the protocol of giving owners a 48-hour heads-up before a major disciplinary issue involving their team is announced, Goodell and Pash informed Jones that after a 13-month domestic violence inquiry, the Dallas Cowboys' star running back, Ezekiel Elliott, would face punishment -- a six-game suspension.

The line went quiet. Seconds passed. Goodell's decision was an unconscionable violation of trust, Jones later told associates, because he believed that the commissioner had assured him this past spring that there would be no suspension. Jones saw in Elliott a genuine opportunity, a player so good that he had made Jones believe that this year he just might win a Super Bowl for the first time since 1996. His anger was palpable. Finally, according to sources with direct knowledge of the call, Jones broke the silence. He aimed his words not only at Goodell's decision but also at his role as judge, jury and executioner in the case.

"I'm gonna come after you with everything I have," Jones said. Then he mentioned Deflategate. "If you think Bob Kraft came after you hard, Bob Kraft is a pussy compared to what I'm going to do."

:lol: :cheers:
:lol:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:29 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
I know JJ is a prick but why do all the owners seemingly want to rubber stamp a Goddell extension?

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
pittmike wrote:
I know JJ is a prick but why do all the owners seemingly want to rubber stamp a Goddell extension?

Most NFL owners are incompetent spineless shitheels

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:42 pm 

pittmike wrote:

They still make huge money.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:46 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
pittmike wrote:

Yeah but he seems to have become an unloved dictator yet they hire him.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
pittmike wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
pittmike wrote:

He's their whipping boy, and he's very good at it. He takes all the public abuse so the media mostly leaves the owners alone.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
pittmike wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
pittmike wrote:

The owners seem to like Jones even less though. This is from the previous Wickersham article when Jones got little support for his proposal of mandated standing during the anthem:
Quote:
An unofficial count had only nine owners in favor of a mandate, though the reasons for the opposition varied: Some owners had tired of Jones always commandeering such meetings; some were jealous of his power and eager to see him go down; some saw the players-must-stand mandate as bad policy to invoke in the middle of the season; some owners were angry with Jones' hard-line public stance on kneeling, feeling that it had backed them all into a corner. "The majority of owners understand this is important to the players and want to be supportive, even if they don't exactly know how to be supportive," one owner says.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
pittmike wrote:

Do they really think it's due to him though? That there isn't another person who could do just as well or better? Or does he know where all the skeletons are buried?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:54 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
pittmike wrote:

He's their whipping boy, and he's very good at it. He takes all the public abuse so the media mostly leaves the owners alone.

i don't understand this.

he causes MANY of the issues he takes a whipping for. and what has Goodell done a commissioner to make money that a potato couldn't?

hey TV stations, do you want to pay for football rights? OK, that'll cost you money.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:56 pm 

Jaw Breaker wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
pittmike wrote:

Do they really think it's due to him though? That there isn't another person who could do just as well or better? Or does he know where all the skeletons are buried?
There may be someone who would do better. The league has finally hit some struggles but for the rest of his time there they've seen massive tv deals and rocketing revenues. As FF said, he also provides certain services to the rest of the owners.