It is currently Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:23 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:17 am
Posts: 43972
Location: Palatine
pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
I’m still finding this extremely hard to accept. You can say he faced a bad team today but he did what you’re supposed to against bad teams. Been very good in games without Fournette active and overall having a very good season.

I still can’t buy in. It’s a mirage like his last decent season a couple years ago. Gotta be.

_________________
I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:15 am
Posts: 15472
pizza_Place: nick n vito's
He looked good 2 years ago, average last year, pretty decent game manager this year..Id have a plan B but he looks like a decent game manager with a great defense and solid ground game.

_________________
The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
Laurence Holmes is a fucking weirdo, a nerd in denial, and a wannabe. Not a very good radio host either.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:17 am
Posts: 43972
Location: Palatine
pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
312player wrote:
He looked good 2 years ago, average last year, pretty decent game manager this year..Id have a plan B but he looks like a decent game manager with a great defense and solid ground game.

He was atrocious last year.

_________________
I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:45 pm
Posts: 74
pizza_Place: My own
FavreFan wrote:
312player wrote:
He looked good 2 years ago, average last year, pretty decent game manager this year..Id have a plan B but he looks like a decent game manager with a great defense and solid ground game.

He was atrocious last year.


He wasn’t good, but he wasn’t atrocious.

You could do a lot worse than him.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 4:11 pm
Posts: 38545
He has a Joe Flacco vibe to me. If the stars aligned with a good defense he could be a winner. But there are going to be times he also looks really bad.

_________________
"He is a loathsome, offensive brute
--yet I can't look away."


FavreFan wrote:
RFDC: smart sports fan


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:17 am
Posts: 43972
Location: Palatine
pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
RFDC wrote:
He has a Joe Flacco vibe to me. If the stars aligned with a good defense he could be a winner. But there are going to be times he also looks really bad.

Not bad comp.

Can he put 14-17 points on the Steelers or patriots next month? If he can you have to say they are a contender.

_________________
I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 4:11 pm
Posts: 38545
FavreFan wrote:
RFDC wrote:
He has a Joe Flacco vibe to me. If the stars aligned with a good defense he could be a winner. But there are going to be times he also looks really bad.

Not bad comp.

Can he put 14-17 points on the Steelers or patriots next month? If he can you have to say they are a contender.

I would say they are definitely a contender. Anyone that makes it in the playoffs in the AFC are contenders. Hell, the Bears put up 23 on the Steelers and and 27 on the Ravens.

Can you imagine if we get like a Rams and Jags superbowl? How crazy that would have seemed a year ago

_________________
"He is a loathsome, offensive brute
--yet I can't look away."


FavreFan wrote:
RFDC: smart sports fan


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:17 am
Posts: 43972
Location: Palatine
pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
RFDC wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
RFDC wrote:
He has a Joe Flacco vibe to me. If the stars aligned with a good defense he could be a winner. But there are going to be times he also looks really bad.

Not bad comp.

Can he put 14-17 points on the Steelers or patriots next month? If he can you have to say they are a contender.

I would say they are definitely a contender. Anyone that makes it in the playoffs in the AFC are contenders. Hell, the Bears up up 23 on the Steelers and and 27 on the Ravens.

Can you imagine if we get like a Rams and Jags superbowl? How crazy that would have seemed a year ago

No way. Tennessee and Buffalo are fucking terrible.

_________________
I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:17 am
Posts: 43972
Location: Palatine
pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
A Rams/Jags Super Bowl would be awesome.

_________________
I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 4:11 pm
Posts: 38545
FavreFan wrote:
RFDC wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
RFDC wrote:
He has a Joe Flacco vibe to me. If the stars aligned with a good defense he could be a winner. But there are going to be times he also looks really bad.

Not bad comp.

Can he put 14-17 points on the Steelers or patriots next month? If he can you have to say they are a contender.

I would say they are definitely a contender. Anyone that makes it in the playoffs in the AFC are contenders. Hell, the Bears up up 23 on the Steelers and and 27 on the Ravens.

Can you imagine if we get like a Rams and Jags superbowl? How crazy that would have seemed a year ago

No way. Tennessee and Buffalo are fucking terrible.

I want to agree with this, but look at the scores. Tenn has a pretty big win over the Jags. Buffalo has a win over KC.

_________________
"He is a loathsome, offensive brute
--yet I can't look away."


FavreFan wrote:
RFDC: smart sports fan


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:17 am
Posts: 43972
Location: Palatine
pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
I don’t put much stock into that week 2 blowout.

Buffalo sucks

_________________
I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 02, 2011 4:29 pm
Posts: 22046
Location: pittsburgh
pizza_Place: giordanos
Bernsie wrote:
He is just a guy.

_________________
OMG, she thought Monday Night Raw was on when it was Tuesday!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:17 am
Posts: 43972
Location: Palatine
pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
pittmike wrote:
Bernsie wrote:
He is just a guy.

Smart man. He can throw for 100 more TDs before he throws another pick and I still wont be convinced hes good.

_________________
I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:46 pm
Posts: 2170
pizza_Place: I miss Carmen's
True, but Trent Dilfer won a Super Bowl.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:29 pm
Posts: 36161
Location: Happy Valley Goose Bay, NL
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Cool that all these different teams are making the playoffs on the AFC side so they can lose to Pittsburgh and New England.

_________________
Molly Lambert wrote:
The future holds the possibility to be great or terrible, and since it has not yet occurred it remains simultaneously both.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:17 am
Posts: 43972
Location: Palatine
pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Curious Hair wrote:
Cool that all these different teams are making the playoffs on the AFC side so they can lose to Pittsburgh and New England.

Don’t worry the Ravens are also gonna show up to Wild Card weekend to win or lose some suicide inducing 16-14 game, as they do.

_________________
I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:29 pm
Posts: 36161
Location: Happy Valley Goose Bay, NL
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Oh, no question the Ravens beat the Jaguars in Jacksonville just to dick-kick everyone who thought the AFC playoffs might be interesting once.

_________________
Molly Lambert wrote:
The future holds the possibility to be great or terrible, and since it has not yet occurred it remains simultaneously both.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:15 am
Posts: 15472
pizza_Place: nick n vito's
RFDC wrote:
He has a Joe Flacco vibe to me. If the stars aligned with a good defense he could be a winner. But there are going to be times he also looks really bad.



Pretty solid comp, both stay healthy too.

_________________
The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
Laurence Holmes is a fucking weirdo, a nerd in denial, and a wannabe. Not a very good radio host either.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:17 am
Posts: 43972
Location: Palatine
pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
https://mobile.twitter.com/ChronBrianSm ... tles-trash

:lol:

_________________
I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:17 am
Posts: 43972
Location: Palatine
pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Blake Bortles has more passing TDs than Matt Ryan, fewer INTs than Russell Wilson, a better QBR than Cam Newton, more rushing yards than Marcus Mariota, more passing yards than Derek Carr and a higher completion percentage than Carson Wentz.

I still think he sucks.

_________________
I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:10 pm
Posts: 14338
Location: "Across 110th Street"
He's the 2017 version of Phil Simms or Bob Griese.

_________________
"Law cannot change hearts, but it can restrain the heartless." MLKing, 12/7/64, London, England.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:17 am
Posts: 43972
Location: Palatine
pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Dear fucking god I’ll never be fooled by him again

_________________
I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:29 pm
Posts: 21398
pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
But Kaepernick.....

_________________
long time guy wrote:


A lot of you guys really just state shit without really knowing what the hell you are talking about.



OnePost wrote:
If you want to continue to post your misinformed bullshit, don't be upset when it gets shoved up your ass.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:17 am
Posts: 43972
Location: Palatine
pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
312player wrote:
RFDC wrote:
He has a Joe Flacco vibe to me. If the stars aligned with a good defense he could be a winner. But there are going to be times he also looks really bad.



Pretty solid comp, both stay healthy too.

I thought it was a solid comp. It is not. Flacco is Tom fucking Brady compared to this guy.

_________________
I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:15 am
Posts: 15472
pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Yeah..he sucks

_________________
The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
Laurence Holmes is a fucking weirdo, a nerd in denial, and a wannabe. Not a very good radio host either.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:41 pm 
Offline
1000 CLUB
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:41 pm
Posts: 242
He is shitting himself in front of a national audience. I think his 15 minutes are up.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:43 pm
Posts: 14372
Location: end of lonely street
pizza_Place: Obbies
So far the only QB I might take is Ryan

_________________
Guilty feet have got no rhythm


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:46 pm
Posts: 2170
pizza_Place: I miss Carmen's
Chris Simms maintains a list of QB Power Rankings. Dan LeBatard would have Simms on each week this season to reiterate what Blake Bortles' ranking was. I think the highest it got was #60.

It was #70 at this point when he was on Dan Patrick:
http://www.danpatrick.com/2017/12/01/ch ... st-qb-nfl/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 9416
Location: Ex-Naperville, Ex-Homewood, Now Tinley Park
pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
FavreFan wrote:
Blake Bortles has more passing TDs than Matt Ryan, fewer INTs than Russell Wilson, a better QBR than Cam Newton, more rushing yards than Marcus Mariota, more passing yards than Derek Carr and a higher completion percentage than Carson Wentz.

I still think he sucks.

Bortles would still be a top 10 Bears QB of all time. And he was responsible for millions less deaths than Hitler, so that's a plus.

_________________
"Parking is optional. Shitting is not." -- Crystal Lake Hoffy


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:15 am
Posts: 15472
pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Gotta think Teddy or Bradford is an upgrade next year over BB.

_________________
The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
Laurence Holmes is a fucking weirdo, a nerd in denial, and a wannabe. Not a very good radio host either.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group