It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:38 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Packers all but eliminated. Bears fans obviously been out. The Furious/CH Raider crew is out. Ugie is a Pats fan but no one cares what he thinks. Virtually the whole board doesn’t have a non monetary interest here(Lipid still a Rams fan?). Who ya like/got?

Who I want to win, in order:

1.) Jacksonville
2.) New Orleans
3.) Rams
4.) Vikings
5.) Chiefs

Who I think will, in order:

1.) Pats
2.) Saints
3.) Steelers
4.) Vikings
5.) Rams

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:58 pm 

I want the Chiefs. Lived in KC for a few years. Great fan base. Great town. And it would piss off St Louis so that is an added bonus.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:02 pm 

RFDC wrote:
I want the Chiefs. Lived in KC for a few years. Great fan base. Great town. And it would piss off St Louis so that is an added bonus.

Why would St Louis care? Are they still Rams fans? That whole area seems bizarre.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:08 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Why would St Louis care? Are they still Rams fans? That whole area seems bizarre.

There is a bizarre dynamic between the two cities. St. Louis likes to see itself as their great town and loves to look down on KC as country bumpkins. When in reality most objective people that have spent any time in both cities love KC way more than St Louis. They are still pissed that the Royals won in the WS in the 80s. They cannot stand any success that KC has. KC loves to rub in in the face of St Louis that they can support two major sports franchises whereas such a "great" city such as St Louis cannot keep a football team and has lost their team two times. So yeah bizarre is a good word.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:15 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Steelers is the only answer.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:19 pm 

pittmike wrote:
Steelers is the only answer.

Rooting for the rapist Ben? Very problematic. #WrongSideOfHistory

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:22 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
RFDC wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
RFDC wrote:

There is a bizarre dynamic between the two cities. St. Louis likes to see itself as their great town and loves to look down on KC as country bumpkins. When in reality most objective people that have spent any time in both cities love KC way more than St Louis. They are still pissed that the Royals won in the WS in the 80s. They cannot stand any success that KC has. KC loves to rub in in the face of St Louis that they can support two major sports franchises whereas such a "great" city such as St Louis cannot keep a football team and has lost their team two times. So yeah bizarre is a good word.

I've never been to Kansas City and I already like it more than St. Louis, a place that has no right to call others country bumpkins while they're famous for obsessing over where people went to high school.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:24 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
RFDC wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
RFDC wrote:

I've never been to Kansas City and I already like it more than St. Louis, a place that has no right to call others country bumpkins while they're famous for obsessing over where people went to high school.

MANY North Shore country bumpkins on this board.

As an aside, Country Bumpkin was/is a great poster. He needs to come back and post more.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:25 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
RFDC wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
RFDC wrote:

That WS was total bullshit though. They won because of the most obvious blown call in all of sports.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:28 pm 

HawaiiYou wrote:
RFDC wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
RFDC wrote:

That WS was total bullshit though. They won because of the most obvious blown call in all of sports.

:lol: That makes it even better. Fuck St Louis

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:31 pm 

It is weird/funny that despite St. Louis professing that they were so over the Rams the day they left, the NFL coverage maps have shown St. Louis and adjoining markets picking up the Rams this year, now that they're good again.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Either Chiefs beating Rams, or Jags beating Vikings at home.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
1. NE
2. KC
3. MIN
4. LAR
5. PHI

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Rams Jaguars SB would be my preference

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:53 pm 

I cannot accept the L.A. Rams in anything but royal blue and athletic gold, so unless they wear the throwbacks, they have to lose.

Gimme Vikings over Bills or Chiefs.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Il-Forno in Deerfield
Who I want to win:
1. Buffalo
2. Jacksonville
3. Detroit (if they make it)

Anyone but:
1. Pittsburgh (living in this state has allowed me to truly appreciate the 'best fans of the nfl' mentality. Frankly, I'm surprised they are not St. Louis Cardinals fans)
2. New England (no explanation needed)
3. Philadelphia (Magary actually explained this really well a couple weeks ago, I'm too lazy to link it. Also, I'm a big fan of Schadenfreude).

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:55 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
I cannot accept the L.A. Rams in anything but royal blue and athletic gold, so unless they wear the throwbacks, they have to lose.

Gimme Vikings over Bills or Chiefs.

Actually the Rams helmets are throwbacks to the 60s, but I agree with the royal blue and athletic gold as their main uniform

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:57 pm 

I know, the Fearsome Foursome, but they look like a bunch of quick fixes on the shitty old St. Louis Rams uniform (which is what they are) because for some reason they couldn't get their shit together to design a new uniform despite knowing the team was moving at the end of 2014.

All-time great uniform, love those colors together.

Last edited by Curious Hair on Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:58 pm 

Psycory wrote:
Who I want to win:
1. Buffalo
2. Jacksonville
3. Detroit (if they make it)

Anyone but:
1. Pittsburgh (living in this state has allowed me to truly appreciate the 'best fans of the nfl' mentality. Frankly, I'm surprised they are not St. Louis Cardinals fans)
2. New England (no explanation needed)
3. Philadelphia (Magary actually explained this really well a couple weeks ago, I'm too lazy to link it. Also, I'm a big fan of Schadenfreude).

Great point on your last point. I’ll link it because I really enjoyed his take and it’s a better way of saying what I’ve been been saying when I was railing on tanking/76ers.

https://deadspin.com/philly-fans-are-th ... 1821046429

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Phil-Pitt Steagles

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:08 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Jags vs Vikes

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:13 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
I know, the Fearsome Foursome, but they look like a bunch of quick fixes on the shitty old St. Louis Rams uniform (which is what they are) because for some reason they couldn't get their shit together to design a new uniform despite knowing the team was moving at the end of 2014.

Can't go wrong with this set

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:17 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:

Yes. On the very short list of all time great uniforms. Your all white Houston thoughts are still here unacceptable though.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:19 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

Yes. On the very short list of all time great uniforms. Your all white Houston thoughts are still here unacceptable though.

To add another uniform set, the Browns need to go back to their 1980s uniforms

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:21 pm 

pretty much every team needs to go back to 80s.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:29 pm 

RFDC wrote:

Exception: Broncos and Buccs. Creamsicles make a great novelty/terrible every week uniform.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:34 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Exception: Broncos and Buccs. Creamsicles make a great novelty/terrible every week uniform.

Ehh, I liked the Broncos uniforms. Would keep the current Eagles uniforms over their 80s ones.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:51 pm 

You don’t count either Chus.

I’m already liking the Stafford/Tate combo next week for our championship.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:39 am 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Everyone's sleeping on the Panthers and Ravens.