It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:42 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 253 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Championship Sunday
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:10 pm 

NME wrote:
The GOAT

Yea but his coach did more today than he did.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
RFDC wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Told yall there was a lot of football left to be played.

Let the hate flow!

Lol you said they would roll. Nice try.

True, I was wrong on that. But I also said there was a lot of football left when everyone was acting like the Jags had won the game

I think most people knew the Pats would probably come back. It’s a pretty easy prediction. Most of us don’t root for the house in blackjack though.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
FavreFan wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:
So sick of watching the Patriots win playoff games due to other teams' stupidity.

Hope the Cowboys do the country a service and try to bring Romo back so we're not subjected to another year of his annoying commentary.

Terrible opinion. I’d much prefer him to some generic idiot talking about how big players need to make big plays.

What do you enjoy more, when he makes sounds like a drunk at the bar on close plays or when he predicts trivially obvious plays? Tony said the play when the Patriots lined up 2 tight ends and were trying to kill the clock was going to be a run; it's like he's a psychic!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:13 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
RFDC wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Told yall there was a lot of football left to be played.

Let the hate flow!

Lol you said they would roll. Nice try.

True, I was wrong on that. But I also said there was a lot of football left when everyone was acting like the Jags had won the game

I think most people knew the Pats would probably come back. It’s a pretty easy prediction. Most of us don’t root for the house in blackjack though.

Cool.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:13 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Your average "Patriots Hater" is often the "beta-faggot" little league dad that takes his last place team out for ice cream after EVERY game.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
FavreFan wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:
So sick of watching the Patriots win playoff games due to other teams' stupidity.

Hope the Cowboys do the country a service and try to bring Romo back so we're not subjected to another year of his annoying commentary.

Terrible opinion. I’d much prefer him to some generic idiot talking about how big players need to make big plays.

That was Romo? Holy shit ... it's like all the worst of Gus Johnson and Dickie V combined.
(and yet I don't actively dislike either of those two)

Last edited by Don Tiny on Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:16 pm 

ZephMarshack wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:

What do you enjoy more, when he makes sounds like a drunk at the bar on close plays or when he predicts trivially obvious plays? Tony said the play when the Patriots lined up 2 tight ends and were trying to kill the clock was going to be a run; it's like he's a psychic!!!

Well we both know he calls out a lot more specific and less obvious plays than that. He’s a lot more informative than every other announcer the league has. Because of that it’s easier to overlook his negative qualities.

I also don’t mind my announcers being enthusiastic and enjoying the sport they are covering so I’ve never understood that criticism.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
NME wrote:
The GOAT

We have had

The Flu Game
The Bloody Sock

Now add The Bloody Hand to that man's resume

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:17 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Seemed like Bill was more happy and emotionally congratulating coaches and players. Any chance they win and we walks away?

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:18 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
Your average "Patriots Hater" is often the "beta-faggot" little league dad that takes his last place team out for ice cream after EVERY game.

Trump wins again.

pittmike wrote:
Seemed like Bill was more happy and emotionally congratulating coaches and players. Any chance they win and we walks away?

He dressed up today as well. This might be it.

FavreFan wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:

Well we both know he calls out a lot more specific and less obvious plays than that. He’s a lot more informative than every other announcer the league has. Because of that it’s easier to overlook his negative qualities.

I also don’t mind my announcers being enthusiastic and enjoying the sport they are covering so I’ve never understood that criticism.

+1

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
Don Tiny wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:

That was Romo? Holy shit ... it's like all the worst of Gus Johnson and Dickie V combined.
(and yet I don't actively dislike either of those two)

He's great at calling out what's about to happen right before the snap tho. I'm starting to like him more and more tbh. He has his drawbacks too, but most color guys do.

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Kudos to Brady and the Patriots.

IkeSouth wrote:
Now we get another gronk Superbowl. Wtf

That was disappointing. They cover with him.

pizza_Place: Il-Forno in Deerfield
New England made adjustments at the half. Jacksonville did not. The biggest adjustment was the 'unleash the dragon and hope for a PI call' offense. It worked.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:20 pm 

pittmike wrote:

I think he walks win or lose. He needs to prove it's not only Brady why the pats we're legendary

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
FrankDrebin wrote:
NME wrote:
The GOAT

We have had

The Flu Game
The Bloody Sock

Now add The Bloody Hand to that man's resume

Gamesmanship imo. He almost slipped up during the on field post game interview too lol

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
I'm surprised someone with Robert Kraft's money has such yellow teeth.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:23 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Well, that's a shame.

Bortles played ok.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:24 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:

He blows calls all the time too, but people only remember the ones he gets right. I doubt he's much above 50% accuracy for the year yet he gets praised like he's some kind of genius. I'd also add that the mere act of calling out plays isn't exactly a super deep or insightful contribution to the game in the absence of any actual analysis.

I also think the mere fact that he's different from another announcers doesn't mean he's automatically better. Collinsworth received all sorts of similar praise when he went national a few years back because he'd call out players, even though his criticisms were often as shallow as other commentators' praise of guys. A uniquely terrible commentator is still terrible.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:25 pm 

ZephMarshack wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:

He blows calls all the time too, but people only remember the ones he gets right. I doubt he's much above 50% accuracy for the year yet he gets praised like he's some kind of genius. I'd also add that the mere act of calling out plays isn't exactly a super deep or insightful contribution to the game in the absence of any actual analysis.

I also think the mere fact that he's different from another announcers doesn't mean he's automatically better. Collinsworth received all sorts of similar praise when he went national a few years back because he'd call out players, even though his criticisms were often as shallow as other commentators' praise of guys. A uniquely terrible commentator is still terrible.

Chris is good tho. His voice is a little annoying but generally he says smart things

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:26 pm 

But he’s not a terrible announcer. Guys like Phil Simms are.

I guess we can agree to disagree but I do find your opinion truly bizarre. He’s great.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:27 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Romo is far from great. He's serviceable.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:28 pm 

I think merely being better than Simms is a ridiculously low bar to clear to be considered great or even not terrible.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:29 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
But he’s not a terrible announcer. Guys like Phil Simms are.

I guess we can agree to disagree but I do find your opinion truly bizarre. He’s great.

Gonna have to agree with FF here. ZephMarshack need's his binky.

ZephMarshack wrote:
I think merely being better than Simms is a ridiculously low bar to clear to be considered great or even not terrible.

I think he’s better than every announcer. I’m just pointing out how ridiculous it is to say he’s terrible. The Simms example was the easiest way to do that.

To rock my soul

Is that Conrad Thompson on the field?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:36 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
FrankDrebin wrote:
Is that Conrad Thompson on the field?

hyuk hyuk thayt's a t-shirt

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:37 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
FavreFan wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:

I think he’s better than every announcer. I’m just pointing out how ridiculous it is to say he’s terrible. The Simms example was the easiest way to do that.

I agree Romo is good and has great details to share. Sometimes his over excited manner though comes off as forced or hokey.

-Ronald Reagan

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 253 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next