It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:25 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:56 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
312player wrote:
Beardown wrote:
RFDC wrote:
And if he lets him play and word gets out that he violated team rules and nothing was done then people are criticizing him for that as well.

What could he have done that was so bad? Out too late drinking during SB week? So what? You fine him. He wasn't arrested or else we would have known that. So whatever he didn't wasn't that bad.

Not that Brady would ever break a rule, but he would have started him if he had.

BB don't play when it comes to being on time, there was a guy who had a huge 2 game run at running back( I think) he was 5 minutes late for film study a few years ago and he was benched and kicked off the team a week later.

My Name Is Jonas Gray

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:04 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
SpiralStairs wrote:
312player wrote:
Beardown wrote:
RFDC wrote:
And if he lets him play and word gets out that he violated team rules and nothing was done then people are criticizing him for that as well.

What could he have done that was so bad? Out too late drinking during SB week? So what? You fine him. He wasn't arrested or else we would have known that. So whatever he didn't wasn't that bad.

Not that Brady would ever break a rule, but he would have started him if he had.

BB don't play when it comes to being on time, there was a guy who had a huge 2 game run at running back( I think) he was 5 minutes late for film study a few years ago and he was benched and kicked off the team a week later.

My Name Is Jonas Gray

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:05 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Yes..thank you, couldn't remember the name.. Ran for 200 yards and 4 td, over slept and was benched, released a few weeks later.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
https://www.barstoolsports.com/boston/h ... 2978304356

Quote:
I’m told that Butler “was not in the right frame of mind.” That during practices in Minneapolis he was being belligerent, “snapping” at his coaches. And after a bad week of prep, when game day came around Belichick simply didn’t believe his starting corner was in the headspace to make the calls, adjustments and post-snap reads against the Eagles RPO. At least not to the extent he trusted Eric Rowe and Johnson Bademosi.

To be clear, this is not coming from the coaching staff. It’s not spin to discredit Malcolm Go and justify some crazy, indefensible “hunch” by the head coach. The coaches, players and fans of the team love Butler. But this is coming from people with first hand knowledge. It is the rationale behind benching Butler on defense while putting him on special teams. And the only explanation that makes sense. What else could it be?

I’m also not arguing it worked. The results speak for themselves as the Patriots showed all the defense of a baby seal. I’m just reporting what I’ve been told by sources I trust. That Malcolm Butler wasn’t benched to prove a point. He was benched because Belichick and others believed he was not mentally prepared to play defense, period.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:36 pm 

Butler's twitter response

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:45 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 6 characters
Dude's defense has been spotty all year. Not the first time I've heard "rumors" that he was a headcase during walkthroughs or practices. Whatever.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
KDdidit wrote:
Butler's twitter response

Too many unnecessary commas.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:35 pm 
1000 CLUB

If he's telling the truth and did nothing wrong, the Belicheck is an idiot that cost his team the SB for no reason. He could have helped them in nickel or dime coverage at the very least. Most teams are always in nickel now a days. No way he wasn't there 3rd best corner.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:43 pm 

Based on the Patriot's defensive performance, I'm guessing they all performed poorly and were distracted at the practices leading up to the SB.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:49 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:16 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Brady and black unicorn said he is AG. Where was Bennet btw?

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:20 pm 

Played 2 games after the Pats picked him up after the Pack cut him and then went on IR.