pizza_Place: Passero's
Hue Jackson explains himself.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2515 ... on-firings

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:45 am 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:04 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... gals-staff

This is funny, how about some more funny pictures of Hue Jackson in Bengals gear?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:56 am 

A Cleveland Browns defender intercepted a Bengal pass and handed the ball to Hue-Ass Jackson.

Post funny pics of Hue Jackson's reaction when he was given the ball.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:20 am 

Hue thinks he can still coach:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/hue- ... ing-i-did/

Hue Jackson was fired by the Browns eight games into the 2018 season and you could make a convincing case that he deserved to be dismissed well before then. When things reached their logical and inglorious conclusion, Jackson wasted little time blaming others for his failings.

But despite the 3-36-1 record in Cleveland, Jackson wants to be a head coach again in the future.

"Oh, yeah, I mean I think I can," Jackson told Charlotte's WFNZ 102.5 on Wednesday, via PFT. "I mean, just because the situation in Cleveland [didn't work out] doesn't mean that you can't coach. There's a lot of great coaches who came before me that coached there and went on and did great things. Sometimes, the situation is different. I think if people dig in and really take the time to look at the overall situation there, maybe they would understand it more.

"At the same time, I understand what narrative gets put out there, that's what people know. Hopefully, people will think back to the times when I've put myself in that position. I had to be doing something right. To go back and be a coordinator again or be a head coach, I do believe it's in my future. I've just got to go work through the process and see where it goes."

Jackson finished out the 2018 season with the Bengals and when Marvin Lewis stepped down in January he thought Jackson would be a suitable successor.

"I think he's more than qualified," Lewis said at the time. "I think he's been in a couple of difficult situations, and that's tough, and it hasn't broke his way. But I think he's an excellent football coach, he's a great motivator. He's detailed. So I think he deserves an opportunity. If not here, somewhere else."

Here's the thing: Before Jackson took the Browns job before the 2016 season, he was widely regarded as an innovative offensive mind who worked well with young quarterbacks. He was the Raiders offensive coordinator in 2010 and went 8-8 as the Raiders' coach in 2011. From 2014-2015, he was on Lewis' staff as offensive coordinator, and those teams finished 10-5-1 and 12-4. But it all went sideways when he took the Browns job. One win in '16, no wins in '17, and a 2-5-1 record got him fired in '18.

And while Jackson's time in Cleveland was the worst stretch of losing in team history, he looks at it through a different lens.

"I've said this before, I think during those times, it was probably some of the best coaching I did contrary to what people think, because you're always doing anything and everything you can to find a way to win," he said. "Now, whether it happens or not, that's not up to me sometimes. Again, I think I learned a lot."

The Browns have gone from AFC laughingstock to playoff favorite. To the point, in fact, that they have the best Super Bowl odds in the division: 16-1. They're followed by the Steelers (20-1), the Ravens (40-1) and the Bengals (100-1).

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:23 am 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
If Harold Baines can get into the Hall, there's a spot available for Hue... just has to get the veteran's committee votes.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:57 pm 

Hue Jackson is running the Kapernick workout!

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/280 ... ted-attend

Post funny pics of Hue leading this effort!

Former NFL head coach Hue Jackson will lead the drills during quarterback Colin Kaepernick's scheduled workout in Atlanta on Saturday, and former NFL head coach Joe Philbin will be in attendance to assist, the league announced Thursday.

The NFL said 11 teams have committed to attend: the Arizona Cardinals, Atlanta Falcons, Cleveland Browns, Denver Broncos, Detroit Lions, Miami Dolphins, New England Patriots, New York Giants, New York Jets, Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Washington Redskins. The league said it expected additional teams to commit.

Sources told ESPN that the Dallas Cowboys and Seattle Seahawks also will go.

Jackson told ESPN's Josina Anderson that he "just found out about it" on Thursday.

"The NFL asked me to do it. I'm excited about doing it for Colin and the league. As far as I know right now, Colin is still attending," he said.

The league reiterated that it would send video of the workout and an interview with Kaepernick to all 32 teams.

Kaepernick, 32, has been out of football since 2016, the year he began protesting police brutality and racial injustice by kneeling during the pregame national anthem.

The NFL will not provide Kaepernick's representatives with a list of executives and coaches who will attend the workout, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter on Wednesday.

Sources earlier Wednesday told ESPN that the NFL had agreed to give the Kaepernick camp a list of attendees. However, an NFL source later told ESPN that the league never promised to provide that list.

The NFL informed its clubs Tuesday that the private workout would be held for Kaepernick on Saturday in Atlanta. Sources previously told ESPN that the league office said none of the 32 teams had been made aware of the workout before Tuesday's memo was sent. When Kaepernick's representatives asked whether a team or teams had asked for the workout, the NFL league office said, "We can't tell you that," the reps explained.

Carolina Panthers safety Eric Reid, who was the first player to join Kaepernick in taking a knee during the anthem while both were with the San Francisco 49ers, said Wednesday that "it feels disingenuous" that the NFL would schedule a workout for the quarterback on Saturday.

"I'll believe it when I see it," Reid said Wednesday. "At this point, it feels like a PR stunt."

NFL workouts typically take place on Tuesdays because head coaches and general managers can attend more easily. On Saturday, almost half of the NFL teams will be traveling to games, and most of the rest of the coaches and players will be heading to their team hotels to prepare for games the next day.

Philadelphia Eagles safety Malcolm Jenkins said Thursday he also was skeptical.

"I really hope it's a serious shot for him to get back in the league," Jenkins said. "I think he deserves to be in the league. For the last three years, he has unjustly not had a job. But based on all of the things that have led us to this point, it leaves me a little skeptical of the motivations behind it. But I think like anybody, we're just all waiting to see."

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:10 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
whistler wrote:
Who's listenin'?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:54 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/what-its-like-to-be-fired-as-an-nfl-coach-201550343.html

a funny article with tales from lane kiffin and hue jackson on how it feels to be fired and why it was underserved

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:18 am 

billypootons wrote:
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/what-its-like-to-be-fired-as-an-nfl-coach-201550343.html

a funny article with tales from lane kiffin and hue jackson on how it feels to be fired and why it was underserved

That was funny lol

Nine days after an 8-8 season, the franchise’s joint-best in nine years, he received a message from newly appointed general manager Reggie McKenzie, inviting him to meet. “I’m thinking we’re gonna talk about the team,’ ” Jackson remembers. About the roster, offseason plans, visions for the future. McKenzie, instead, told Jackson he was being let go.

“And I go, ‘Huh?’ ” Jackson recalls. “And he goes, ‘Yeah.’ ”

He quickly cycled through confusion and disappointment. Understanding would come later. He scrambled to grab personal belongings. To turn in workplace keys and credit cards. He just wanted to escape. “You know you need to leave the building,” Jackson says. “Because once it hits the media, people are gonna show up, people wanna stick a microphone in your face.” :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:56 am 

Hue Jackson endorsin' Baker Mayfield:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/301 ... -strengths

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:08 am 

I love this guy. Brutally honest :lol:

Hue Jackson is writing a book about his time in Cleveland.

He must read this site and know about this thread :lol:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/311 ... ans-tenure

Former Cleveland Browns coach Hue Jackson said owner Jimmy Haslam gave him a contract extension midway through a winless 2017 season and that he was lied to from the start about the team's rebuilding plans.

During a wide-ranging radio interview Monday with ESPN 850, Jackson said the Browns' efforts to improve while he was with them were flawed by philosophical differences.

Jackson said he was never told by either Haslam or then-general manager Sashi Brown that the Browns were in a roster teardown or else he wouldn't have accepted the job. :lol: He was Cincinnati's offensive coordinator before being hired in Cleveland, where he went 0-16 in his second season and 3-36-1 over two-plus seasons before being fired.

"There is no doubt I was lied to by ownership and the executive team," Jackson said, adding there was a divide between the coaching staff and management.

"They were going to be football plus analytics, but they intentionally made it football versus analytics," he said. "They were going to take two years and they were going to find a way to use us as an experiment to make sure that they got the data that they needed for it to get better -- at the expense of whoever -- and that's not right. :lol:

"That's not the way it should be."

A team spokesperson said the Browns would not comment on Jackson's claims.

Jackson said he signed a contract extension midway through the 2017 season -- he was 1-23 at the time with Cleveland -- and wanted to make it public, but the team refused.

"I think we can all understand and think why it was not made public,'' he said. "Because it would've really set the tempo for what exactly was going on there.''

Jackson, 55, said he's writing a book about his time with the Browns. The team went 1-15 in his first season, winless the second -- joining the 2008 Detroit Lions as the only teams to go 0-16 -- and he was dismissed after a 2-5-1 start in 2018.

But, as far as he's concerned, there's plenty of blame to share.

"I want to make sure everybody knows and understands exactly what went on in Cleveland,'' Jackson said. "The truth needs to come out. I am tired of being the brunt of jokes and memes and things that people say when they don't know.'' :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jackson, who is out of the NFL, said his chances to win in Cleveland were undermined by the team's overreliance on statistical data and dismal drafting. He said the team "also lied to try and paint the picture that I was against analytics."

"People need to go back and look at those drafts and see where those players are today," he said. "That should tell you all you need to know. They're not on this team. They haven't been. Some of them aren't even in the league, but we were expected to win. :lol:

"You can't win that way." :lol:

Jackson understands that the team's win-loss record goes next to his name in the record books. But he feels others, including Paul DePodesta, the Browns' chief strategy officer, and current GM Andrew Berry, who was in player personnel with the club when he was there, also are culpable.

"I'll take responsibility for my role in it, but why isn't everybody else taking their responsibility for it?'' he said. "There's people that are leading the organization today in Cleveland that was just as big a part of that as I was. And those guys are getting paid for doing that. So obviously they were paid for losing. Is that what we're saying?

"I'm vilified about losing. This is a joke to me.''

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store

browns wantd (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky but hue jackson saved them and they took myles garrett. so it's hue's fault we drafted mitchell

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:20 pm 

Hue Jackson hired as head coach o' Gramlin' State.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... ll-program

Former NFL coach Hue Jackson was named head coach at Grambling State on Friday.

Jackson, 56, last served as a head coach with the Cleveland Browns from 2016 to '18. He also coached the Raiders in 2011.

Most recently, he was the offensive coordinator at Tennessee State.

Jackson brings more than three decades of coaching experience to Grambling. Before transitioning to the NFL in 2001, he spent 14 seasons as a college assistant, including nine in the Pac-12 at Arizona State, California and USC.

His hiring continues a trend of prominent NFL figures coaching at historically black colleges.

Hall of Fame cornerback Deion Sanders was hired at Jackson State in 2020 and was named SWAC Coach of the Year last month. Former All-Pro running back Eddie George was hired at Tennessee State in April.

Jackson replaces Broderick Fobbs, a former Grambling running back, who was fired on Nov. 15.

Fobbs won SWAC championships in 2016 and 2017 but was unable to reach double-digit wins again. He went 0-4 in the spring after COVID-19 delayed the 2020 season and was fired after going 3-7 this fall.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:25 pm 

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ex-Browns Coach Hue Jackson Fires Cryptic Shot At Former Team After The Bengals Reach The Super Bowl

https://brobible.com/sports/article/hue ... mpionship/

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2022 2:28 am 

The OC Art Briles hired by Hugh is gone already.

https://sports.yahoo.com/art-briles-is- ... 04175.html

More proof of social media run amok. You are not in charge of hiring! HUGH JACKSON is!!!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2022 1:31 am 

Courtesy of Douchebag:

Douchebag wrote: