It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:54 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: AP is broke
PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:09 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
He was one of the jerkoffs i was looking forward to being broke. Bad guy, Dumb as fuck.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:13 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Regular Reader wrote:
Nas wrote:
Give a bunch of poor kids a lot of money and most will find a way to blow it.

If it wouldn't ultimately screw their business model, schools should have civics and financial planning classes made mandatory for athletes. In lieu of generally worthless prerequisites like calculus or linear algebra.

It's hard to understand that check won't be coming for the rest of your life. Ideally some of this would be taught at home too.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:14 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
312player wrote:
He was one of the jerkoffs i was looking forward to being broke. Bad guy, Dumb as fuck.

:?

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:16 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Maybe he can beat one of His 9 kids like a pinyata with a stick n money will come out.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:20 pm 

Nas wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Nas wrote:

If it wouldn't ultimately screw their business model, schools should have civics and financial planning classes made mandatory for athletes. In lieu of generally worthless prerequisites like calculus or linear algebra.

It's hard to understand that check won't be coming for the rest of your life. Ideally some of this would be taught at home too.

Unfortunately we don't have enough Uncle Dennis' or guys like Ray Allen to go around.

That 4% could be a nice buffer. Paying a contract lawer and a person who is your shark makes more sense.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Regular Reader wrote:
Nas wrote:

If you pass those worthless classes you probably can understand basic finance. It's probably less the schools than poor kids want to take care of their friends, family and to live the the rock star life style. It doesn't feel like it's ever going to end at 23.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Who is Uncle Dennis?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:42 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
312player wrote:

I thought you were all about slapping people? What changed pussy?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Darkside wrote:
312player wrote:

I generally disagree with that sentiment and find it off putting how many people hate athletes of sports they profess to love but in this case I find it difficult to disagree with 312’s post.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:49 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
Nas wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Nas wrote:

Unfortunately we don't have enough Uncle Dennis' or guys like Ray Allen to go around.

That 4% could be a nice buffer. Paying a contract lawer and a person who is your shark makes more sense.

Fuck Uncle Dennis with a cactus dildo until he bleeds out.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:50 pm 

denisdman wrote:
Who is Uncle Dennis?

A self centered pimp masquerading as an advice giver to Kawhi Leonard.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:54 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Darkside wrote:
312player wrote:

I generally disagree with that sentiment and find it off putting how many people hate athletes of sports they profess to love but in this case I find it difficult to disagree with 312’s post.

Why? Do you really think he knew any better or was he raised to believe that's how to raise children? I don't think you are going to end a cycle of violence by saying fuck him he's trash.

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:01 pm 

WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Darkside wrote:
312player wrote:

Why? Do you really think he knew any better or was he raised to believe that's how to raise children? I don't think you are going to end a cycle of violence by saying fuck him he's trash.

I’m not saying “fuck him, he’s trash” but I do believe he’s an asshole based on what he did to his kid and I do believe he’s not an intelligent person. I don’t care if he has a bad or good life going forward because I don’t really care about him one way or the other but I don’t find anything much wrong with 312’s sentiment in that post.

Edit: and yes I believe he knew better than to whip his kid like a slave.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:05 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
I’m not saying “fuck him, he’s trash” but I do believe he’s an asshole based on what he did to his kid and I do believe he’s not an intelligent person. I don’t care if he has a bad or good life going forward because I don’t really care about him one way or the other but I don’t find anything much wrong with 312’s sentiment in that post.

Like a slave? Classy. If you aren't intelligence don't you think a likely consequence is to do stupid things like repeat destructive behavior you were taught like hitting children to teach them?

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:08 pm 

FavreFan wrote:

Like a slave? Classy. If you aren't intelligence don't you think a likely consequence is to do stupid things like repeat destructive behavior you were taught like hitting children to teach them?

What’s not classy about giving a realistic depiction of the damage he did to his kid? Did you not see the photos?

I do think if you’re not an intelligent person you’re prone to repeat bad decisions you learned as a kid, you are correct there. I don’t classify this in the same category. For example, I don’t consider you an intelligent person but I do believe you wouldn’t beat your kids to the point of having bruises all over their body even if that was done to you. I think most people wouldn’t. That’s not an intelligence thing. That’s a “this guy is a piece of shit” thing. Not sure how any rational adult could disagree with that.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:15 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
Sometimes w/ these guys theyre too proud to admit they're in the hole.

I remember Vince Young was broke, but he threw some lavish party where he gave out Rolex watches and other high priced items. People in the party were shocked when they got all this stuff since they also heard he was broke. Then when he had to pay for that party it put him more in debt like 500K.

As for AP - i remember he beat his kid and that's unacceptable today. I understand he said thats how he was raised and his fathers excuse was to get him ready for life .

It just sucks these guys who go broke get looted most of the time by family and friends. this whole mindset to 'owe' people who you grew up with needs to stop. Most of the friends/family do a mind trick on these guys that they're owed after the athlete gets the cash. At least guys like Scottie Pippen learned from this and have talked about it helping other young athletes.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:18 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
What’s not classy about giving a realistic depiction of the damage he did to his kid? Did you not see the photos?

I do think if you’re not an intelligent person you’re prone to repeat bad decisions you learned as a kid, you are correct there. I don’t classify this in the same category. For example, I don’t consider you an intelligent person but I do believe you wouldn’t beat your kids to the point of having bruises all over their body even if that was done to you. I think most people wouldn’t. That’s not an intelligence thing. That’s a “this guy is a piece of shit” thing. Not sure how any rational adult could disagree with that.

Not an intelligence thing is a great summary of your argument. Did you see the photos is an emotional response. This is someone who was raised that way, and came into riches through a violent unforgiving sport.

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:20 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
HawaiiYou wrote:

As for AP - i remember he beat his kid and that's unacceptable today. I understand he said thats how he was raised and his fathers excuse was to get him ready for life .

Enjoy it while it's free kid. MANY pay for the privilege of getting their nuts whacked with a switch.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:22 pm 

FavreFan wrote:

Not an intelligence thing is a great summary of your argument. Did you see the photos is an emotional response. This is someone who was raised that way, and came into riches through a violent unforgiving sport.

Your first two sentences here are meaningless and simply reinforce the idea you can’t back up any argument you’re pretending to have currently. In regard to your last sentence, is your position that the majority or even a large percentage of folks raised that way treat their kids violently? Because it seems clear the AP’s and Tyreek’s are an anomaly in this regard, which is why when their stories do come out they touch a nerve. For every AP who was whipped as a kid and plays a violent sport there are a dozen or more Charles Tillman’s and Donald Driver’s who aren’t pieces of shit and end that cycle.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Curious Hair wrote:
And just to be fair, every one of us would absolutely squander NFL money if given the chance. Except for denisdman. "Even Ogie Oglethorpe?" Especially Ogie Oglethorpe! He'd use the money to fund a militia and bomb a stop light.

No way. I'd Gronk it.

People buy and sell bath water?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:05 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
A girl, who plays video games professionally, bottled her bathwater and sold it to her fans. Had to make that an appositive, I think, otherwise "professional bottling"?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:08 pm 
100000 CLUB

FavreFan wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Who is Uncle Dennis?

He effectively did what many agents have done for years. A lot of athletes could use an Uncle Dennis.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:09 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
Nas wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Who is Uncle Dennis?

He effectively did what many agents have done for years. A lot of athletes could use an Uncle Dennis.

Never mix family with business.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:11 pm 

Nas wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Who is Uncle Dennis?

Not true at all. He didn’t do anything for Kawhi that Kawhi hadn’t already earned outright himself. Many athletes would be much better served without an Uncle Dennis pimping them out for self centered reasons.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:11 pm 
100000 CLUB

HawaiiYou wrote:
Nas wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Who is Uncle Dennis?

There are exceptions to most rules.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:12 pm 

HawaiiYou wrote:
Nas wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Who is Uncle Dennis?

I don’t agree with that necessarily. I can see how some would view it that way though. Regardless, it’s a shame when athletes let a relative dictate their career based on how much money the no-talent relative can receive in kickbacks.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:13 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
A girl, who plays video games professionally, bottled her bathwater and sold it to her fans. Had to make that an appositive, I think, otherwise "professional bottling"?

I play the Legend of Zelda, puzzle fighter, and Mario related stuff sometimes. You think I could sell my bath water?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:13 pm 

Spaulding wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

I play the Legend of Zelda, puzzle fighter, and Mario related stuff sometimes. You think I could sell my bath water?

Is that a serious question? Good dolphin would buy 10 gallons immediately.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:16 pm 

[quote="FavreFan"}
Is that a serious question? Good dolphin would buy 10 gallons immediately.[/quote]

He's polish, his cheap ass doesn't like to pay for his paczkis or anything else.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:16 pm 
100000 CLUB

FavreFan wrote:
Nas wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Who is Uncle Dennis?

Not true at all. He didn’t do anything for Kawhi that Kawhi hadn’t already earned outright himself. Many athletes would be much better served without an Uncle Dennis pimping them out for self centered reasons.

He's someone who Kawhi trusts and he managed to get 4 teams in a league filled with leaks to remain silent for a week. He likely negotiated sponsorship deals and other perks that will benefit his nephew. He's an asset.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next