It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 12:34 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:08 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Torn ACL
https://sports.yahoo.com/saquon-barkley ... 24056.html

Without that elite, elite, speed he's not that very good of running back as he doesn't have great secondary skills to fall back on.

RIP.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:35 pm 

I think he damaged it a few plays before when they were also looking at his wrist and then tore it completely on this next run

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:38 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
why so many ACL injuries in the last 5/10 years? is there something w/ conditioning that's changed? you use to never hear of ACL injuries much in the 80s/90s/2000s

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:40 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Adrian Peterson ran for 2k yards, 8 months after his ACL tear. The injury just ain't that devastating anymore.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:42 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
312player wrote:
Adrian Peterson ran for 2k yards, 8 months after his ACL tear. The injury just ain't that devastating anymore.

I served with Adrian Peterson . I knew Adrian Peterson . Adrian Peterson was a friend of mine. Saquon , you're no Adrian Peterson.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
HawaiiYou wrote:
why so many ACL injuries in the last 5/10 years? is there something w/ conditioning that's changed? you use to never hear of ACL injuries much in the 80s/90s/2000s

Soldier Field turf probably didn't help. The field should have been in absolutely pristine condition, yet I often saw players lose their footing in a cloud of sand.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Quonset
good dolphin wrote:
I think he damaged it a few plays before when they were also looking at his wrist and then tore it completely on this next run

I think the first tweek was to his other knee.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:51 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
HawaiiYou wrote:

More lateral movement now than in the passed. Used to be players just ran straight ahead. Now of days people are running in all sorts of directions that G_d never in ten dead Man to run. This is the result of our Hue bris.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
Barkley screwed Barkley.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:52 pm 

Jaw Breaker wrote:
HawaiiYou wrote:

Soldier Field turf probably didn't help. The field should have been in absolutely pristine condition, yet I often saw players lose their footing in a cloud of sand.

Several players were sliding around on that always crappy field. The only (football only)one I recall being as bad or worse was at the Vet in Philly.

And HY, there've been tons of well documented ACL tears back to the days of Sayers & Butkus. Especially on the old Astroturf and with guys wearing the grabby turf shoes.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:54 pm 

SpiralStairs wrote:
HawaiiYou wrote:

More lateral movement now than in the passed. Used to be players just ran straight ahead. Now of days people are running in all sorts of directions that G_d never in ten dead Man to run. This is the result of our Hue bris.

Welcome back The Hawk. :shock:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:00 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
Regular Reader wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:
HawaiiYou wrote:

Several players were sliding around on that always crappy field. The only (football only)one I recall being as bad or worse was at the Vet in Philly.

And HY, there've been tons of well documented ACL tears back to the days of Sayers & Butkus. Especially on the old Astroturf and with guys wearing the grabby turf shoes.

ya i know about Sayers but it seemed not as many as these days.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
1970's take from caller bob

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:06 pm 

HawaiiYou wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:
HawaiiYou wrote:

ya i know about Sayers but it seemed not as many as these days.

Back in those days sports was contained to five minute segments and maybe a weekly national one hour recap show. You weren't going to get the details.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:08 pm 

SpiralStairs wrote:
HawaiiYou wrote:

I knew a comedian named Hue Bris. He used to cut them up with his encyclopedic list of dick jokes.