It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:51 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Tom Brady GOAT thread
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
I don’t even like Brady as a fan but is anyone outside of JBills on this board denying this silly obvious fact?

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:09 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
cough cough ...

viewtopic.php?f=100&t=124438

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
RobPArkerFS1 wrote:
I've been lurking for years, but now is the time... i double down on my LOAT blog.... brady is LOAT!!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:10 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Yeah, he's like some kind of football cyborg. It's not even fun.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:12 pm 

SpiralStairs wrote:
Yeah, he's like some kind of football cyborg. It's not even fun.

It’s a little fun. If he’s playing well at 45-46 that’s gonna be cool as fuck, not gonna lie

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:16 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
FavreFan wrote:
I don’t even like Brady as a fan but is anyone outside of JBills on this board denying this silly obvious fact?

I would have more respect for you if you continued to insist that Aaron Rodgers is the GOAT.

At minimum, there would be a tragicomic level of hubris masquerading as nobility tied into that commitment.

Now you're just another windsock. Sad.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:20 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

I would have more respect for you if you continued to insist that Aaron Rodgers is the GOAT.

At minimum, there would be a tragicomic level of hubris masquerading as nobility tied into that commitment.

I sometimes used the goat thing with Rodgers as a lazy compliment to him. I’m fine with taking issue with that but for several years now I’ve said Brady was/is better. This hasn’t been a debate for a long time like I’ve said.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:24 pm 
1000 CLUB

FavreFan wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

I sometimes used the goat thing with Rodgers as a lazy compliment to him. I’m fine with taking issue with that but for several years now I’ve said Brady was/is better. This hasn’t been a debate for a long time like I’ve said.

Who cares if it's a debate or not? Stick to your pronouncement no matter how deluded it is. It would've made the board infinitely more entertaining!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:29 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
I sometimes used the goat thing with Rodgers as a lazy compliment to him.

For the record, if I'm ever called out of being wrong about anything on this forum, I will retort with SUBJECT / PREDICTION was a lazy compliment to him. :lol: :lol: :lol:

what a cop out

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Football is a team game. Yes, Brady won 7 Super Bowls, but the Seahawks and Falcons choked and the kicker sealed a couple of the early Super Bowls. He always had the privilege of playing in a bad division and facing QBs like Jared Goff in the Super Bowl instead of Drew Brees. Most of Brady's Super Bowls were decided by one score. So congratulations to Brady on having a home game in the Super Bowl and winning it without Belichek. He benefited from the fumble rule against the Raiders, increased pass interfence and more protection from referees that have penalized what QBs like McMahon endured on a regular basis before football got soft.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:43 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Drake LaRrieta wrote:
Football is a team game. Yes, Brady won 7 Super Bowls, but the Seahawks and Falcons choked and the kicker sealed a couple of the early Super Bowls. He always had the privilege of playing in a bad division and facing QBs like Jared Goff in the Super Bowl instead of Drew Brees. Most of Brady's Super Bowls were decided by one score. So congratulations to Brady on having a home game in the Super Bowl and winning it without Belichek. He benefited from the fumble rule against the Raiders, increased pass interfence and more protection from referees that have penalized what QBs like McMahon endured on a regular basis before football got soft.

You're right. Those grapes are probably sour.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:02 am 

Let's say at halftime of tonight's game that Brady and Mahomes switch sides with all the other players remaining the same. Does Brady come back from 21-6 with the Chief's offensive line against the Bucs defense. I'm going to say there's no way he does. But I think Rodgers might have been able to do it.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:05 am 

SpiralStairs wrote:
Drake LaRrieta wrote:

You're right. Those grapes are probably sour.

The only way to beat Brady was to put pressure on him with a four man pass rush and an effecient offense that moves the ball without turning it over.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:12 am 

Compared to Brady someone like Brett Favre was absolutely destroyed by opposing defenses. Other than a broken foot Brady was never really injured most of his career. No one ever body slammed Tom Brady like the Packers guy did to McMahon. You can't be the greatest of all time if you play in an era during which you can't touch the quarterback.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:13 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Who cares if it's a debate or not? Stick to your pronouncement no matter how deluded it is. It would've made the board infinitely more entertaining!

I’ll leave sticking to the deluded statements to you my friend

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:15 am 

FavreFan wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

stop trying to start a fight with him. he's being a nice guy.

Last edited by HawaiiYou on Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:18 am 

Bill Russell won more championships than Michael Jordan, but that doesn't mean Russell is better. Too much emphasis is placed on what happens in the championship. LeBron's championship record is much worse than Russell and no one is claiming Russell is better.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:56 am 

pizza_Place: Passero's
It's not only that he's a great player, but he is a great teammate. He seems to elevate everyone around him. He really knows how to maximize the game and has perfected it. He is a super smart player more than anything.

He's the only guy that coulda reigned in Antonio Brown. And thats sayin' somethin'.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:58 am 

pizza_Place: Passero's
Drake LaRrieta wrote:

I agree, he's had some luck. A lot of stars have aligned for him. But at some point, you gotta hand it to him too. 7 wins don't lie. He's made the most of it.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:48 am 
1000 CLUB

FavreFan wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

:lol:

If you're going to be the Packers guy on a Chicago sports board, then be the Packers guy on a Chicago sports board.

Don't water down your brand.

Plus it's too late to try to be the reasonable guy on this board. You're encroaching on RPB's brand. Keep at it and RPB might give you a stern--but not too stern--talking to.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
Best of all time and greatest aren’t always mutually exclusive but Brady is the GOAT..

Btw, did you guys read that Mahomes scrambled behind the line for almost 500 yards last night? He was also pressured a Super Bowl record 29 times. That’s insane. That may have been the single worst O-line performance in SB history

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:05 pm 

Every td was scored by a guy who just came to play with Brady. I'm sick of his als, but he's got to get an inordinate amount of credit.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:13 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
FavreFan wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Debate ended on the huge comeback against the Falcons. EVERYBODY threw in the towel.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:52 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Plays the season with a torn mcl and wins a SB, bitch ass Cutler couldn't play a quarter of football in a playoff game with a less severe tear.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:16 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Tom Brady is better than Jay Cutler. Just a scorching hot take from 312.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:18 am 

Forget Cutler.

That is damn impressive for a dude that age to play a season with that injury and win the superbowl. Adding to his legacy

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:19 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Tom Brady is better than Jay Cutler. Just a scorching hot take from 312.

Tougher, more competitive..saw Rivers play on a worse knee too during a playoff run.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:36 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Mully and Haugh said the NFL should investigate whether the Bucs should be fined for hiding it. "The injury reports exist for a reason!"

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:39 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Tom Terrific is the greatest player of all time in team sports. You people have ALWAYS doubted him since I've been here. For about a decade I had to listen to nonsense about Peyton Manning. MANY of you thought he was done last year and he went out and won a Super Bowl on 1 leg.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:46 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Nas wrote:
Tom Terrific is the greatest player of all time in team sports. You people have ALWAYS doubted him since I've been here. For about a decade I had to listen to nonsense about Peyton Manning. MANY of you thought he was done last year and he went out and won a Super Bowl on 1 leg.

Most remarkable performance since Joe Biden's first 6 months.