It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:52 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 693 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
 Post subject: Re: Jon Gruden Cancelled
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:58 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
whistler wrote:
Gruden filed a lawsuit against the NFL today, as he should have.

I hope he absolutely CRUSHES the NFL in this case.

Sues 'em for a billion dollars.

Fuck the NFL for caving in to cancel culture and firing him.

It was the NFL exploiting culture cancel to get him fired - not cancel culture forcing the NFL/Oakland to fire him.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:00 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
whistler wrote:

It was the NFL exploiting culture cancel to get him fired - not cancel culture forcing the NFL/Oakland to fire him.

Gruden really wasn't "cancel culture'd" out either. What he did would have gotten you fired in the 90s just as easily.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:01 am 

pizza_Place: Hoagie's Pub
WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:

she really is cultivating the rachel dolezal look.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:48 am 

pizza_Place: Passero's
Brick wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
whistler wrote:

Gruden really wasn't "cancel culture'd" out either. What he did would have gotten you fired in the 90s just as easily.

there was no email in the 80s.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:49 am 

Gruden sighting:

by the way, didnt he have his own Twitter account? It's nowhere to be found.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:55 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
whistler wrote:
Gruden filed a lawsuit against the NFL today

Irv Cross will destroy him in cross.

Even though it’s too on the nose.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2022 11:43 am 

pizza_Place: Beek's
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
whistler wrote:

Ha! Irv was a classic.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2022 9:34 am 

whistler wrote:

I think that CBS pre game show was the best one in history with Brent Musberger, Irv, Jimmy the Greek, Phyllis George and Jane Kennedy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2022 9:43 am 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
good dolphin wrote:
whistler wrote:

I think that CBS pre game show was the best one in history with Brent Musberger, Irv, Jimmy the Greek, Phyllis George and Jane Kennedy

Just saw Phyllis George on an old Love Boat episode. She wasn’t as attractive as I remembered.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2022 11:35 am 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
whistler wrote:

Just saw Phyllis George on an old Love Boat episode. She wasn’t as attractive as I remembered.

The styles of the 1970s weren't particularly flattering for her.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 11:35 am 
Site Admin

NFL will be forced to settle with him.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/form ... s-motions/

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 11:37 am 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
Seacrest wrote:

So, he wins?

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 11:37 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Seacrest wrote:

:lol: Yeah I dont think they want to go to discovery

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 11:47 am 
Site Admin

blackhawksfan wrote:
Seacrest wrote:

So, he wins?

I don't see Goodell wanting his emails looked at.

And that's before you even start to make the case that Goodell wanted him out.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:51 pm 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/n ... M5wtKAS6bw

Jon Gruden's lawyers: Roger Goodell, NFL must be held publicly accountable

The lawyers for former NFL coach and analyst Jon Gruden released a statement Wednesday, criticizing commissioner Roger Goodell and the league’s lack of transparency.

Goodell defended the league’s decision not to release a written report from its findings on Washington Commanders owner Daniel Snyder’s inappropriate workplace conduct and the team’s toxic workplace environment, while testifying before the House Oversight Committee on Wednesday.

Instead, Goodell said confidentiality was promised to ensure victims would step forward in the investigation.

“It was apparent from Commissioner Goodell’s testimony today that the NFL is still resisting actual accountability and is only willing to be selectively transparent,” attorney Adam Hosmer-Henner said in a statement sent to USA TODAY on Wednesday.

Gruden’s lawsuit stems from his 2021 resignation as coach of the Las Vegas Raiders after emails he sent were uncovered as part of the league’s investigation into Washington’s workplace environment.

Gruden is suing the NFL and Goodell for leaking emails sent between 2010-2018 – which contained sexist, homophobic and misogynistic remarks – to The Wall Street Journal and The New York Times last October.

Gruden’s lawyers won a crucial ruling last month when a Las Vegas judge denied the NFL's motions to force the lawsuit into arbitration and to dismiss it altogether. By avoiding arbitration, which would prevent case findings from being publicized, Gruden hopes to publicly uncover whether Goodell or any other NFL figure released the emails.

“In the Jon Gruden lawsuit, the Nevada court comprehensively rejected the NFL and Commissioner Goodell’s attempt to compel arbitration and conceal their conduct from the public. If they do appeal, we welcome the opportunity for the Nevada Supreme Court to issue a published opinion confirming the ruling and invalidating the NFL Constitution and the unfair arbitration provisions that the NFL has hidden behind for so long.

“Jon Gruden’s fight matters to many more people than just himself and real accountability won’t exist until the NFL’s misconduct stops being addressed behind closed doors.”

Gruden worked for ESPN as an analyst on Monday Night Football during the time the emails were sent.

Gruden alleges the NFL leaked his emails to harm his reputation and force him out of his job.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2022 1:58 pm 

Messy. What he said sucks. But it doesn't dissolve his contracts.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2022 2:51 am 

Seacrest wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqRvrrFa8lM&t=11s

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2022 10:24 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
Dana white last night claimed gruden squashed Brady to LV at last minute in 2020

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2022 11:22 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
billypootons wrote:
Dana white last night claimed gruden squashed Brady to LV at last minute in 2020

This should get him banned.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2022 11:27 am 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Gruden and Urban Meyer to co-host call-in show on Fox Sports this Fall.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2022 1:34 am 

This proves the NFL knows they're wrong:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl- ... er-report/

Newsflash, assholes, it doesnt matter what he did while with the Raiders, because we all know he was fired for the shit that came BEFORE the Raiders.

NFL claims Jon Gruden sent 'derogatory emails' during time as Raiders coach, per report
The NFL reportedly made this claim in a court filing last week

An interesting development surfaced this week concerning the lawsuit former Las Vegas Raiders head coach Jon Gruden filed against the NFL and commissioner Roger Goodell. Gruden alleges that the NFL and its commissioner created "a malicious and orchestrated campaign" to leak inappropriate emails sent by him between 2010 and 2018 -- before his time as Raiders head coach -- which ultimately led to his resignation. According to a new filing made by the league, however, Gruden sent inappropriate emails "consistently" during his time with the Raiders as well.

According to a filing made last week to a Nevada court, per The Washington Post, Gruden sent derogatory emails after signing on the dotted line with the Raiders in 2018.

"Gruden even claims in his Proposed Order that it is 'undisputed that all of Gruden's conduct referenced by the NFL Parties occurred prior to the signing of the Agreement and while Gruden was not an employee of the Raiders or the NFL,'" the league's attorneys wrote. "Gruden's claim (and purported finding of fact) on the timing of his emails is, in reality, very much disputed by the NFL Parties and in fact false. Discovery — necessary to make any finding of fact on this issue — will show that Gruden continued to send the same kinds of derogatory emails consistently following his start date with the Raiders."

Gruden's attorney, Adam Hosmer-Henner, responded to this development in a statement:

"The NFL did not make these unsubstantiated arguments in the motions they already lost and will not be able to make them if they appeal," Hosmer-Henner said, via The Post. "In fact, their own attorney conceded during the hearing that the emails were sent before Jon Gruden signed with the Raiders. The NFL has tried to avoid discovery from the start, not Jon Gruden. This is just another attempt by the NFL and Commissioner Goodell to save face by attacking Jon Gruden while still not owning up the truth of their actions. Jon isn't going to try to hide from his deposition, is the Commissioner?"

The NFL denies that they were behind the leaked emails. Back in May, the league filed to dismiss the lawsuit and force the issue into arbitration. Judge Nancy Allf denied this -- marking a win for Gruden.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2022 11:57 am 

Jon Gruden: CANCELLED

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/344 ... other-shot

Former Las Vegas Raiders coach Jon Gruden, for the first time, publicly addressed the email controversy that cost him his job last October.

Gruden, who filed a lawsuit against the NFL last year alleging the league singled him out, spoke Tuesday at the Little Rock Touchdown Club in Arkansas, saying he was going to be "honest" with the gathering.

"I'm ashamed about what has come about in these emails, and I'll make no excuses for it," he said. "It's shameful. But I am a good person. I believe that. I go to church. I've been married for 31 years. I've got three great boys. I still love football. I've made some mistakes. But I don't think anybody in here hasn't. And I just ask for forgiveness, and hopefully, I get another shot."

Gruden's emails, which contained racist, anti-gay and misogynistic language, first came to light in a Wall Street Journal article Oct. 8. He was on the sideline for the Raiders that weekend, before The New York Times published an article Oct. 11 that contained additional emails. Gruden, who had signed a 10-year contract worth a reported $100 million to leave ESPN's Monday Night Football booth and return to the Raiders in 2018, resigned that night.

The emails came to light in an NFL investigation into workplace conditions with the Washington franchise as Gruden was messaging with then-Washington executive Bruce Allen.

The NFL, the lawsuit contends, had been in possession of the emails since June 2021.

"Ask the NFL," Raiders owner Mark Davis told ESPN at the time. "They have all the answers."

Gruden's lawsuit has claimed "tortious interference" by the NFL and commissioner Roger Goodell, saying they selectively leaked his emails to force his removal.

Of the 650,000 emails collected in the investigation, the lawsuit contends, Gruden's were the only ones made public. They were also written when he was an ESPN employee.

On May 25, Nevada judge Nancy L. Allf ruled in favor of Gruden, opening the possibility of a jury trial, by denying the NFL's motion to compel arbitration as well as the league's motion to dismiss the case outright.

Speaking in Little Rock on Tuesday, Gruden became teary-eyed as the crowd applauded him.

"I get choked up, you know, because there's a lot of misunderstanding out there right now," he said. "What you read, what you hear, what you watch on TV. Hell, I worked at ESPN for nine years. I worked hard at that job. I don't even want to watch the channel anymore because I don't believe everything is true. And I know a lot of it is just trying to get people to watch. But I think we've got to get back to reality."

After Gruden's resignation, the Raiders, under interim coach Rich Bisaccia, went 7-5, winning their final four games to finish 10-7 and claim the team's second playoff berth since 2002. But after losing a wild-card round game at the eventual AFC champion Cincinnati Bengals, Davis replaced Bisaccia and general manager Mike Mayock with longtime New England Patriots staffers Josh McDaniels and Dave Ziegler, respectively.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2022 2:32 pm 

I think that he should win his lawsuit but I cannot see him ever getting a good HC job, college or pro. Ripping his bosses and the commissioner are a couple weeks things. Having his questionable true feelings exposed is another. But add that to a mediocre coaching career where his only success was with someone else's team vs an idiot coach who didn't bother to change the schemes, calls and signals he'd just implemented and the icing is on the cake.

Welcome to UCF is the best I can see for that joke who was a crappy tv analyst as well. Buh-bye!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2022 6:15 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Regular Reader wrote:
I think that he should win his lawsuit but I cannot see him ever getting a good HC job, college or pro. Ripping his bosses and the commissioner are a couple weeks things. Having his questionable true feelings exposed is another. But add that to a mediocre coaching career where his only success was with someone else's team vs an idiot coach who didn't bother to change the schemes, calls and signals he'd just implemented and the icing is on the cake.

Welcome to UCF is the best I can see for that joke who was a crappy tv analyst as well. Buh-bye!

Huge loss for Frank Caliendo, also now that Madden is dirt surfing.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2022 6:27 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Frank Caliendo is a voice of a generation. Very sad the woke mob won’t stand for his skits now of days.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2022 7:27 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
SpiralStairs wrote:
Frank Caliendo is a voice of a generation. Very sad the woke mob won’t stand for his skits now of days.

Forgot the sad emoji.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2022 8:21 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
If Meyer can get another job, Gruden should be fine..

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2022 8:30 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Gruden should be forgiven of all wronging if only for bringing the phrase “anti-football pussy” into the lexicon.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2022 8:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Beek's
He'd be perfect for the Browns.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2022 8:36 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Augie wrote:
He'd be perfect for the Browns.
THIS
Nas wrote:
If Meyer can get another job, Gruden should be fine..
AND THIS

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 693 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next