It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:57 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2022 HoF Finalists
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Regular Reader wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Hester isn't anywhere near the best return guy. He couldn't hold Deion Sander's jock.

How high were you when you posted this? I think Hester had 20 total return td... sanders maybe 12? And Hester had more yards per return too I think.

Only in Chicago is this an issue. Meatbally Chicago.

Woof. :D

Who’s the meatball arguing that the guy with worse stats is better than the guy with better stats in every meaningful category?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:08 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Regular Reader wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Hester isn't anywhere near the best return guy. He couldn't hold Deion Sander's jock.

How high were you when you posted this? I think Hester had 20 total return td... sanders maybe 12? And Hester had more yards per return too I think.

That's not meatballism. It's facts. Hester has more TDs and ypr than sanders. How does that translate to Hester couldn't hold sanders jock? what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:11 pm 

Darkside wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

That's not meatballism. It's facts. Hester has more TDs and ypr than sanders. How does that translate to Hester couldn't hold sanders jock? what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

:lol: What can I say, I'm bored.

But I still don't believe he's a HOF guy.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:14 pm 

KDdidit wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

Who’s the meatball arguing that the guy with worse stats is better than the guy with better stats in every meaningful category?

Emmitt Smith has better numbers than Payton, but only in Dallas would anyone think he's better. Numbers only tell part of the story.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:33 pm 

Consider that the kickoff rules were more or less changed (in this posters humble opinion) because of Hester and during his playing career. Kickoffs are almost an automatic touch back now.
It wasn't about safety. It was about handcuffing Hester.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:39 pm 

Darkside wrote:
Consider that the kickoff rules were more or less changed (in this posters humble opinion) because of Hester and during his playing career. Kickoffs are almost an automatic touch back now.

I truly don't believe that return only guys belong in the Hall . Who's next? Long snappers? It's bad enough that the Pro bowl means nothing, now the Hall as well?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:43 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
Darkside wrote:

I truly don't believe that return only guys belong in the Hall . Who's next? Long snappers? It's bad enough that the Pro bowl means nothing, now the Hall as well?

Well, Hester wasn't a return only guy.
But he was a force to be reckoned with in every game he played. They tried so hard to keep the ball away from him, sacrificing field position on every punt and doing everything possible on every kickoff to avoid him. That shit started before the end of his rookie season and still he put up the numbers he did. He was a gamechanger. Thats HoF worthy, migo.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2022 4:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Darkside wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Darkside wrote:

Well, Hester wasn't a return only guy.
But he was a force to be reckoned with in every game he played. They tried so hard to keep the ball away from him, sacrificing field position on every punt and doing everything possible on every kickoff to avoid him. That shit started before the end of his rookie season and still he put up the numbers he did. He was a gamechanger. Thats HoF worthy, migo.

If nothing else, he’s got to be unique in the history of the game. I can’t recall teams gameplanning around any other returner. And it’s one of the few positions where it’s gotten harder to put up numbers over the years.

Hester’s in his own class. Whether that’s HoF worthy, who knows*.

*I do. It is. Put him in.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2022 4:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Regular Reader wrote:
KDdidit wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

Emmitt Smith has better numbers than Payton, but only in Dallas would anyone think he's better. Numbers only tell part of the story.

That’s just wrong. There are plenty of numbers that say Walter is better than Emmitt. There’s no numbers and no part of the story that says Hester couldn’t hold Deion’s jock.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2022 5:09 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Literally the best return man in NFL history, and Reader still can't give credit because he wore a Bears jersey.

Pathetic.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2022 5:22 pm 

for some reason i thought sam mills was already in. he'll probably make it.

seymour, ronde, wayne, holt, and andre should get in. hester maybe eventually but he was a one-trick pony and could barely play any other position competently. if he's a first ballot HOFer then put more kickers in.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2022 6:22 pm 

KDdidit wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
KDdidit wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

That’s just wrong. There are plenty of numbers that say Walter is better than Emmitt. There’s no numbers and no part of the story that says Hester couldn’t hold Deion’s jock.

Hester was a one trick pony. It was a great trick, but he was on the field for what, three minutes a game?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2022 7:00 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
Hester was a one trick pony. It was a great trick, but he was on the field for what, three minutes a game?

A guy who could change not just the game he was in but the NFL in 3 minutes a game is going into the hall.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2022 7:09 pm 

Darkside wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

A guy who could change not just the game he was in but the NFL in 3 minutes a game is going into the hall.

And he won what? A game vs. Arizona? Congrats. Welcome to the highlight reel, not the HOF.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2022 7:10 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Has anyone done a wellness heck on my friend Reader. He may have passed from bad takes.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2022 7:12 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

And he won what? A game vs. Arizona? Congrats. Welcome to the highlight reel, not the HOF.

An NFC championship.
So are you saying that you can't get into the HoF without a super bowl win?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2022 7:26 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
NME wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
KDdidit wrote:
If you’re the inarguably the best at a position it’s a pretty easy case to be made that you should be in the HoF. Not taking about best pulling center or best 2nd down blitzer from the left side, best kick returner ever is a real thing.

You are right KD, but it took a long time for Ray Guy to get in.

Hester will get there eventually, it may not be this year though.

Looking at this list? I think he gets in now. He’s most likely one of the most universally recognized players on the list and I actually think that helps him this time around. No one will argue Hester not being deserving (for the most part), and no one should mind if he bumps someone off from this list in order to get him in.

Some good players on this list, but almost none -outside of Hester- are brand names

I hope he gets in, it's just the the approach HOF voters have taken over the years

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2022 7:37 pm 

Darkside wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

An NFC championship.

Yes. Especially if you're only a three minute guy.

Virtually every guy in the Hall is more deserving than Hester. And some who aren't.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2022 7:45 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

An NFC championship.

Yes. Especially if you're only a three minute guy.

Virtually every guy in the Hall is more deserving than Hester. And some who aren't.

How did you get this head trauma last night?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2022 7:55 pm 

:lol: RR's bitterness about the Bears runs so deep.

Put Hester in pretty much any other uniform and RR would be saying he is deserving.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:23 am 

As much as it pains me to say it, not a fan of his, Leroy Butler should be in. If they put Lynch in, he most definitely deserves as his numbers are much better than Lynch's.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:34 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Ironically RR's three minute insult actually bolsters Hester's case. That the man was able to dictate punt and kick return coverages, often forcing opposing teams to accept poor field position just so they didn't have to risk getting burned by a Heater return, underscores how much of a threat this guy was during his "three minutes". The guy made Tony Dungy piss his pants all week leading up to the SB. When Dungy kicked it to him anyway he got burned in spectacular fashion. Dungy didn't kick it to him again. The man won games by just showing up, he didn't necessarily have to actually do anything. Definition of a stud.

I was on the fence about his candidacy but I think RR made the case for his induction better than anyone else could have.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:06 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Regular Reader wrote:
Who's next? Long snappers?
If there is a consensus on a guy who had a long career and is the undisputed best long snapper of all time, yes he might deserve consideration as well.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

Last edited by Frank Coztansa on Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:09 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
RFDC wrote:
:lol: RR's bitterness about the Bears runs so deep.

Put Hester in pretty much any other uniform and RR would be saying he is deserving.

Yep! Can you imagine if Hester played for his beloved Saints?

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:11 am 

KDdidit wrote:
If you’re the inarguably the best at a position it’s a pretty easy case to be made that you should be in the HoF. Not taking about best pulling center or best 2nd down blitzer from the left side, best kick returner ever is a real thing.

I would be fine with him getting in but the argument against Hester is that he has 36 career touchdowns.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2022 8:39 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Can't believe that Hester didn't get in the HOF over some of these other guys. Boselli only played 7 seasons? Butler is a big stretch.

Modern-era inductees

OT Tony Boselli (1995-02): A member of the NFL's All-1990s Team, Boselli was a five-time Pro Bowler and a three-time All-Pro. His presence helped the Jaguars reach two AFC title games during the franchise's first five years of existence.

S LeRoy Butler (1990-01): A versatile safety, Butler's physicality helped the Packers force several turnovers of Drew Bledsoe in Super Bowl XXXI. Butler was named an All-Pro each year from 1996-98.

LB Sam Mills (1986-97): A five-time Pro Bowler, Mills racked up nearly 1,300 tackles, 20.5 sacks, 22 forced fumbles and 23 fumble recoveries. At age 37, he received his first All-Pro nod while helping lead the Panthers' run to an NFC Championship Game appearance.

DL Richard Seymour (2001-12): The sixth overall pick in the 2001 draft, Seymour helped the Patriots capture their first of six Super Bowls during his rookie season. Seven years later, Seymour left New England as a three-time champion, five-time Pro Bowler and three-time All-Pro. Seymour added two more Pro Bowl selections to his resume during his four years with the Raiders.

DT Bryant Young (1994-07): As a rookie, Young helped the 49ers win the franchise's fifth Super Bowl. A four-time Pro Bowler, Young won Comeback Player of the Year honors in 1999 after fracturing his leg the previous season. Young is second in 49ers franchise history with 89.5 sacks.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2022 9:00 am 

Butler is definitely not a stretch considering some of the others in the Hall, his numbers are better than theirs. And again, I am not a fan of his and didn't like the way he seemed to beg to get in over the last few years.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2022 9:24 am 

T-Bone wrote:
Can't believe that Hester didn't get in the HOF over some of these other guys. Boselli only played 7 seasons? Butler is a big stretch.

Modern-era inductees

OT Tony Boselli (1995-02): A member of the NFL's All-1990s Team, Boselli was a five-time Pro Bowler and a three-time All-Pro. His presence helped the Jaguars reach two AFC title games during the franchise's first five years of existence.

S LeRoy Butler (1990-01): A versatile safety, Butler's physicality helped the Packers force several turnovers of Drew Bledsoe in Super Bowl XXXI. Butler was named an All-Pro each year from 1996-98.

LB Sam Mills (1986-97): A five-time Pro Bowler, Mills racked up nearly 1,300 tackles, 20.5 sacks, 22 forced fumbles and 23 fumble recoveries. At age 37, he received his first All-Pro nod while helping lead the Panthers' run to an NFC Championship Game appearance.

DL Richard Seymour (2001-12): The sixth overall pick in the 2001 draft, Seymour helped the Patriots capture their first of six Super Bowls during his rookie season. Seven years later, Seymour left New England as a three-time champion, five-time Pro Bowler and three-time All-Pro. Seymour added two more Pro Bowl selections to his resume during his four years with the Raiders.

DT Bryant Young (1994-07): As a rookie, Young helped the 49ers win the franchise's fifth Super Bowl. A four-time Pro Bowler, Young won Comeback Player of the Year honors in 1999 after fracturing his leg the previous season. Young is second in 49ers franchise history with 89.5 sacks.

I heard someone reading potential names yesterday and Seymour was one of the first I marked off the list. He's got that Yankee championship bias going. He was a good player. Butler is ridiculous. Sam Mills best years were with the USFL. Do they include that as pro football?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2022 9:25 am 

That is a really weak list, especially Seymour.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2022 9:39 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Seymore is crazy. Young too. I don't remember the great Leroy Butler but can admit that could be die to the team he played for.

Hester for sure should've gotten in.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next