It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:54 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Black Monday
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:09 am 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
Brick wrote:
man of few opinions wrote:
The giants could cut the entire team and nobody would notice. They aren't going to be competitive for at least a couple years as bad as they are, so yes, some players will get cut to make room for new players. And followers of the team will applaud them for it. the quicker they can re-envision this team and distance themselves from this version of it the better.

So the Giants are a better job than the Bears because it's a complete rebuild that will take years?

Better in terms of how quickly it can be turned around? absolutely not. And I don't think I said it was a better job, that was Zippy. I'm just pointing out some advantages that a new GM and head coach might have over a team that is expecting quick results such as the Bears. The Giants job is clearly a major reconstruction with a lot of draft capital and no "win now" expectations and that could be a worthwhile challenge to some. the Giants are certainly a clown show organization right now, not arguing otherwise.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:14 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
I don't know that the Bears are going to see or expect quick results. There are major questions in almost every area other than kicker.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:15 am 

Brick wrote:
conns7901 wrote:
Brick wrote:
The giants could cut the entire team and nobody would notice. They aren't going to be competitive for at least a couple years as bad as they are, so yes, some players will get cut to make room for new players. And followers of the team will applaud them for it. the quicker they can re-envision this team and distance themselves from this version of it the better.

So the Giants are a better job than the Bears because it's a complete rebuild that will take years?

Well if you are the view that Fields will suck the Giants is a much better job. They have draft picks.
I think that's a different discussion. If a coach doesn't believe they can give Justin Fields a good chance to be successful then they shouldn't come here.

If a coach thinks Fields will not improve much this is the worst opening in the NFL. If they think he will be good then it is a great opening as you can work around everything else.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:17 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
If you're a properly run organization though then Fields is irrelevant - the GM/HC will make a call on him and move forward. Either they keep him or they move him, like Cutler was moved in Denver.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:34 am 

pizza_Place: Georgio's--Crystal Lake
Brick wrote:

Better in terms of how quickly it can be turned around? absolutely not. And I don't think I said it was a better job, that was Zippy. I'm just pointing out some advantages that a new GM and head coach might have over a team that is expecting quick results such as the Bears. The Giants job is clearly a major reconstruction with a lot of draft capital and no "win now" expectations and that could be a worthwhile challenge to some. the Giants are certainly a clown show organization right now, not arguing otherwise.

Fifth and Seventh pick this year can fill tackle and possibly corner. Be bad next year with a possibly better QB class and their future looks promising. Big issues for me would be three coaches in six years.

Cause tried and true
I see the light in you
Oh, can you dig in my soul?
Could you smell my whole...
life?--Gener and Deaner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:41 am 

Harvard Dan wrote:
Brick wrote:

Fifth and Seventh pick this year can fill tackle and possibly corner. Be bad next year with a possibly better QB class and their future looks promising. Big issues for me would be three coaches in six years.

I seriously hope they go tackle and guard/center with those picks, and if not OL with the bears pick then edge or LB. But with a team as bad as this they need to take the best available player regardless of position. QB next year is going to be Jones competing with a retread veteran to just get them through the season.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:47 am 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Harvard Dan wrote:
Brick wrote:

I seriously hope they go tackle and guard/center with those picks, and if not OL with the bears pick then edge or LB. But with a team as bad as this they need to take the best available player regardless of position. QB next year is going to be Jones competing with a retread veteran to just get them through the season.

They’ve got 5 picks in the 1st 2 rounds to the opportunity to rebuild the O-line is there while still taking the bpa if a standout is there early.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:03 am 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
They’ve got 5 picks in the 1st 2 rounds to the opportunity to rebuild the O-line is there while still taking the bpa if a standout is there early.

I think its 5 in the first 3 rounds actually but your point is still valid. They have 10 picks overall.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:12 am 

pizza_Place: Bennys
conns7901 wrote:
Brick wrote:
conns7901 wrote:
Brick wrote:

Well if you are the view that Fields will suck the Giants is a much better job. They have draft picks.
I think that's a different discussion. If a coach doesn't believe they can give Justin Fields a good chance to be successful then they shouldn't come here.

If a coach thinks Fields will not improve much this is the worst opening in the NFL. If they think he will be good then it is a great opening as you can work around everything else.

Which is why the Bears will fuck this up. They will insist on hiring a GM/coach that will tell them Fields is great or they can fix him. Just hire the best GM and coach and let them figure it out.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:24 am 

The Man wrote:
conns7901 wrote:
Brick wrote:
conns7901 wrote:
Brick wrote:

Which is why the Bears will fuck this up. They will insist on hiring a GM/coach that will tell them Fields is great or they can fix him. Just hire the best GM and coach and let them figure it out.

The problem is no top candidate is taking the Bears job with a bad QB and no draft pick this upcoming April.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:27 am 

conns7901 wrote:
The problem is no top candidate is taking the Bears job with a bad QB and no draft pick this upcoming April.

You aren't a top candidate if you don't think you can turn Justin Fields into a good quarterback though.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:32 am 

Brick wrote:
conns7901 wrote:

You aren't a top candidate if you don't think you can turn Justin Fields into a good quarterback though.

Not necessarily. Some people think he will suck. Some think he will end up being good.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:35 am 

conns7901 wrote:
Brick wrote:
conns7901 wrote:

Not necessarily. Some people think he will suck. Some think he will end up being good.
Outside of the Raiders, every open job has the same issue and the Raiders have the "Highly paid and average qb" issue that may be worse than not knowing what you have.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:48 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Just like NFL Head Coach....these GM jobs don't come around very often. When you get offered one....you take it. Regardless of who is Quarterback. It's that simple.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:53 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
BigW72 wrote:
Just like NFL Head Coach....these GM jobs don't come around very often. When you get offered one....you take it. Regardless of who is Quarterback. It's that simple.

Yep! Joe Brady was a big name last year and then he was quickly out of a job this year.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:59 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
BigW72 wrote:

GMs don't get recycled like coaches, either. Once you're fired as GM, it's usually over for you at that level.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:41 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
Nas wrote:
BigW72 wrote:

Yep! Joe Brady was a big name last year and then he was quickly out of a job this year.

it appears coordinating an offense with jamaar chase, justin jefferson, joe burrow, and CEH is a job anyone could do... and apparently a cajun doofus could coach that team to a national title

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:55 pm 

Nas wrote:
BigW72 wrote:

You can pencil in the Carolina job opening next January right now. Ruhle isn't a pro coach, it's always someone else's fault.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:11 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
Nas wrote:
BigW72 wrote:

You can pencil in the Carolina job opening next January right now. Ruhle isn't a pro coach, it's always someone else's fault.

Yeah it is kinda crazy that Flores is out of a job, but this guy is still employed

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:16 pm 

Frank Reich and Matt Ruhle may not make it to next January.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:36 pm 

W_Z wrote:

Matt Ruhle for sure...and yes....he might not even make it to January.

I didn't realize Frank Reich has been Head Coach since 2018. That's 3 full seasons. This last one, his team completely wet the bad the last 2 games. He's lucky to be getting one more year :lol:

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:49 pm 

BigW72 wrote:
W_Z wrote:

Matt Ruhle for sure...and yes....he might not even make it to January.

I didn't realize Frank Reich has been Head Coach since 2018. That's 3 full seasons. This last one, his team completely wet the bad the last 2 games. He's lucky to be getting one more year :lol:

Reich shows the comparative superior value of the GM there.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:26 pm 

They were beset by Covid, child death and injuries in the last quarter of the season. They looked like a legit SB contender to me before that but definitely a tough out.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:57 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
I think the Vikings are the best job, Theilan,Cook and Jefferson.. Average D.. average O line..if you dont want Cousins you can launch him.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:59 am 

Brick wrote:
conns7901 wrote:
Brick wrote:

Even if a coach or GM doesnt believe in Fields they will aay they do, to land the job. The only guys that would outright say what they truly believe arent getting hired.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:31 am 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
312player wrote:
I think the Vikings are the best job, Theilan,Cook and Jefferson.. Average D.. average O line..if you dont want Cousins you can launch him.

I don’t think it’s that easy to just launch a guy with a $45 million cap hit.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:42 am 

KDdidit wrote:
312player wrote:

I don’t think it’s that easy to just launch a guy with a $45 million cap hit.

I meant at seasons end he is a UFA, if ya want him then extend him if not he is gone.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:20 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
The Rams seem to like trading for loser QBs with decent stats. Maybe they'll try Cousins next.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:22 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Terry's Peeps wrote:
The Rams seem to like trading for loser QBs with decent stats. Maybe they'll try Cousins next.

The Vikings will have to pay someone to take that contract. Probably a 1st round pick.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:56 am 

Nas wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

The Vikings will have to pay someone to take that contract. Probably a 1st round pick.

Interesting options at QB.....rank them....
1. Stafford
2. Cousins
3. Goff
4. Trbubisky

You're correct on the Vikings....it's going to cost them still to much for Cousins to go away. They're stuck one more year. No one is giving up draft picks for Cousins. I'd assume take a flyer on (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky for cheaper money

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next