It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:49 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 538 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18

Is Mitch a bust
Poll ended at Wed May 03, 2023 2:39 pm
Yes 83%  83%  [ 5 ]
No 17%  17%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 6
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:10 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
man of few opinions wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Trubuisky is their penance for foisting that bum Claypool on us

I thought you were in favor of acquiring Claypool. As a matter of fact I am sure you were.

He called Claypool a #1.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:21 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Franky T wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

I thought you were in favor of acquiring Claypool. As a matter of fact I am sure you were.

He called Claypool a #1.

Wrong

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:22 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Caller Bob wrote:
Franky T wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

He called Claypool a #1.

Wrong

But you probably called him Trash at some point. I remember when that one guy busted up the temple.
Caller Bob wrote:
:lol: Jesus is TRASH!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Google Pizza
It is difficult to say what Mitch (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky's next contract will be, as it will depend on a number of factors, including his performance in the 2022 season, the demand for quarterbacks in the free agent market, and the salary cap situation of the teams that are interested in him. However, it is possible that he could receive a contract that is worth $10 million or more per year.

(Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky is a talented quarterback who has the potential to be a starter in the NFL. He has a strong arm and is able to make plays outside of the pocket. However, he has also been inconsistent at times and has made some poor decisions. He will need to improve his consistency in order to be a successful starter in the NFL.

The demand for quarterbacks in the free agent market is always high, as there are only a limited number of starting-caliber quarterbacks available. If (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky performs well in the 2022 season, he could be in high demand in the free agent market.

The salary cap situation of the teams that are interested in (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky will also play a role in his next contract. Some teams may be willing to pay a premium for a quarterback, while others may be more limited in their spending. It will be up to (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky and his agent to negotiate the best possible contract for him.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2023 9:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Quote:
PITTSBURGH -- Mitch (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

With a year left on the backup quarterback's contract, the Pittsburgh Steelers are finalizing a two-year extension with the former No. 2 overall pick, a source confirmed to ESPN.

NFL Network first reported that the Steelers were finalizing the extension with (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky.

Earlier Thursday, Steelers general manager Omar Khan had said in an interview with "The Pat McAfee Show" that he was "finishing up an extension" with (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky but did not disclose the length of the deal.

We feel good about our quarterback room, and that was an important piece," Khan said in the interview. "We've got, obviously, Kenny Pickett is our starter. We feel really good about Mitch (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky in the role that he's in. He feels good about it. We've added Mason Rudolph. We feel really good about the QB room."

(Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky was set to count $10.6 million against the cap for the 2023 season, and an extension offers cap flexibility, while also giving (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky security as a top-tier backup. He will make $8 million guaranteed in the first year of the extension, a source told ESPN's Jeremy Fowler. The move also comes a day after the Steelers re-signed Rudolph to a one-year deal after he hit the open market in free agency, keeping the quarterback room from 2022 intact.

Though (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky, selected as a 2022 team captain, lost the starting job early last season, he was a valuable resource for the first-round pick Pickett, and he offered the Steelers a solid insurance policy in spot starts and appearances.

Khan was transparent about his desire to retain (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky at the NFL combine in February, hinting at an extension then.

"Mitch has been great," Khan said at the combine. "It's been great to have him around, and I would look forward to having him around here for a long time. Not only this year but for a long time."

Signing a two-year, $14 million contract with Pittsburgh on the first day of free agency in 2022, (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky, drafted by the Bears in 2017, joined the Steelers looking to jump-start his career after a year as Josh Allen's backup in Buffalo. The Steelers drafted Pickett in the first round less than two months after signing (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky, but the veteran retained the starting job out of training camp.

The offense, though, struggled to find its footing in the opening games of the season, often lacking explosivity in a conservative game plan. Searching for a spark, the coaching staff inserted Pickett to replace (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky as the starter at halftime of the Week 4 loss to the New York Jets. In his first four starts in Pittsburgh, (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky threw for 653 yards with two touchdowns and two interceptions.

"The fact that they voted me captain means I gotta come in here, put my hand in the pile and lead these guys in any way I can, even if it's not on the field," (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky told ESPN last year.

After moving to a support role for Pickett, (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky got one more start in Week 14 against the Carolina Panthers, completing 17 of 22 attempts for 179 yards in a 24-16 win. (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky saw action in two other games after Pickett suffered concussions, first helping the Steelers to a win against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in Week 6 as he completed 9 of 12 attempts for 144 yards and a touchdown. Then, in Week 13, he threw three interceptions to one touchdown in a loss to the Baltimore Ravens.

In six seasons in the NFL, (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky has completed 64.2% of his pass attempts and thrown 68 touchdown passes to 43 interceptions in 64 games (55 starts).

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2023 8:21 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Cap move. They do truly like him as a guy though. Hell they kept Charlie Batch as a backup for years.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2023 8:31 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
pittmike wrote:
Cap move. They do truly like him as a guy though. Hell they kept Charlie Batch as a backup for years.

The GM likes him. I don't think Tomlin is a fan. I can't believe Rudolph is back.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2023 8:37 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
pittmike wrote:

They've got 2 shitty qbs and probably another shitty qb in Pickett. This team ain't going nowhere.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2023 9:00 am 

312player wrote:
pittmike wrote:

They've got 2 shitty qbs and probably another shitty qb in Pickett. This team ain't going nowhere.

I can't see them leaving Pittsburgh either. The just signed a 15-year naming rights deal with Acrisure last year.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2023 9:50 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Franky T wrote:
312player wrote:
pittmike wrote:

I can't see them leaving Pittsburgh either. The just signed a 15-year naming rights deal with Acrisure last year.

What!? Them leaving would have the effect of Hiroshima here.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2023 9:01 am 

Brick wrote:
FF was wrong on Stafford but he will be right on (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky.

The Bears ruined (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky. I hope he finds a way to get a quality second chance.

Nah FF was wrong on both...and he couldn't have been more wrong on Kyler Murray.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2023 3:03 pm 

Holy Fuck does this guy suck.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2024 9:00 pm 

Benched for Mason Rudolph, #3 on depth chart on worst QB room in the league. I think his career is over, 10-12 new qbs are coming into the league in 5 months.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2024 9:03 pm 
100000 CLUB

312player wrote:
Benched for Mason Rudolph, #3 on depth chart on worst QB room in the league. I think his career is over, 10-12 new qbs are coming into the league in 5 months.

Have you taken a look at NFL rosters during your hiatus?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2024 9:32 pm 

312player wrote:

The QB whisper...

Hawg Ass wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Bump…where has 312 been lately?
312player wrote:
Love is not a starting QB.. stupid ass Packer fans thought ge was .. wouldn't listen to reason. Their franchise is in a tailspin until they find one. Welcome to being a bear fan.

312 is the reason I knew Love was can’t miss :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2024 9:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Steelers Record in Mitch-less games this season: 9-2

Steelers record this season in Mitch games: 0-5

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2024 9:50 pm 

Hussra wrote:

Yeah, he sucks. 312player coming in here to puff his chest about it when he seems to be so wrong about Love is worth pointing out.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2024 10:03 am 

Franky T wrote:
Hussra wrote:

Yeah, he sucks. 312player coming in here to puff his chest about it when he seems to be so wrong about Love is worth pointing out.

I still believe Love sucks

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2024 11:29 am 

312player wrote:
Franky T wrote:
Hussra wrote:

After seeing him play for the year, how and why can you believe this?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2024 4:00 pm 

Hawg Ass wrote:
312player wrote:
Franky T wrote:
Hussra wrote:

After seeing him play for the year, how and why can you believe this?

Cmon.. you've seen countless bums have better seasons.. I may very well be wrong but this season isn't the clear indication pack fans think.. he could very well be the derek anderson or Scott Mitchell

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:20 pm 

Signed with Buffalo, what a buster.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:21 pm 
100000 CLUB

312player wrote:

First quarterback sign this offseason. The Bills didn't want to wait.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:13 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Nas wrote:
312player wrote:

The Bills are a sinking ship. Trubisk_y is a perfect fit for them.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:15 pm 

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... CYrkMjYFJ4

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:26 pm 

Props to Trub1sky for having a pretty long NFL career with being an average to below average QB. I am curious how many QB's or even players are still in the NFL from the same 2017 draft class.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:30 pm 

(Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky still had the best QB season a Bear has had while I've watched. It's a shame that Tomlin can't make anyone besides Big Ben a good quarterback.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:42 pm 
100000 CLUB

Tall Midget wrote:
Nas wrote:
312player wrote:

They've struggled since he left. They may get to the SB now. :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:00 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Nas wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Nas wrote:
312player wrote:

They've struggled since he left. They may get to the SB now. :wink:

More likely they'll be euthanized by the first weekend in October.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 538 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18