It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 6:44 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 538 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 18  Next

Is Mitch a bust
Poll ended at Wed May 03, 2023 2:39 pm
Yes 83%  83%  [ 5 ]
No 17%  17%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 6
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 4:53 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Augie wrote:
I've not a big Najee Harris fan. Doesn't seem to the bellcow type back that Tomlin typically leans on. I know he's listed at 6'1" 240, but he seems like he plays smaller than that to me. I'm probably in the minority as to my critique though.

I like Najee, but his rushing numbers leave a lot to be desired. A lot of that could be offensive line and scheme. It's somewhat concerning.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 4:54 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Tall Midget wrote:
312player wrote:
I've been on the Mac jones sucks bus for awhile..he was better than mitch yesterday and will continue to be.

Agreed.

Also, (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky is considerably slower than he was with the Bears, and he appears to have lost a bit of arm strength as well.

You see his hail Mary go out of bounds?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 4:55 pm 
100000 CLUB

312player wrote:
I've been on the Mac jones sucks bus for awhile..he was better than mitch yesterday and will continue to be.

Mac Jones has been the best quarterback in his class. You've said a lot of things with conviction in this thread. You've been wrong about virtually all of them. Humble yourself a little.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 5:23 pm 

Please quote the shit I've been wrong on.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 5:26 pm 
100000 CLUB

312player wrote:
Please quote the shit I've been wrong on.

Start on page 11 and work your way back.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 5:39 pm 

I'm not talking about bets, they should have smoked em.. 5 turnovers.. a pick 6 and Mitch scored 15 points.. it only reinforced how inept (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky is.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
Nas wrote:
312player wrote:

Mac Jones has been the best quarterback in his class. You've said a lot of things with conviction in this thread. You've been wrong about virtually all of them. Humble yourself a little.

312’s unearned air of superiority in all the nfl threads keep the needle moving on this section.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:52 pm 

I don't get see what you guys see in (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky, never have. I'm thinking this thread goes the same as the Stafford thread or Tatum vs Mitchell thread for me.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:21 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
312player wrote:
Augie wrote:
I've not a big Najee Harris fan. Doesn't seem to the bellcow type back that Tomlin typically leans on. I know he's listed at 6'1" 240, but he seems like he plays smaller than that to me. I'm probably in the minority as to my critique though.

He's got a bad foot

He dances too much. Hit the hole big guy.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:26 pm 
100000 CLUB

312player wrote:
I don't get see what you guys see in (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky, never have. I'm thinking this thread goes the same as the Stafford thread or Tatum vs Mitchell thread for me.

Statistically, (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky is the best quarterback in Bears history. He was also the only quarterback who was able to consistently win with Nagy. He's the guy the greatest franchise targeted this offseason. He's not Mahomes, but there is no data available that says he sucks.

Outside of a suspect line, he has great talent around him. If he fails, he can only blame himself. It would likely be his last starting opportunity outside of an injury.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:55 am 

312player wrote:

It's admittedly a pretty weak victory but (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky has already proven what most of us were saying in that he wasn't the major problem in Chicago and was unfairly scapegoated even though he's really the only reason there was anything good about the Nagy era. The Bears would undoubtedly be in a far better position now if they had kept (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky and launched Pace and Nagy instead even if they were also drafting a younger quarterback with a higher ceiling.

(Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky is going to end up somewhere between elite backup and starter you have but you are always looking at how to upgrade the position. He could end up a Ryan Fitzpatrick or Matt Cassel type of player.

I don't think anyone expects him to make the HOF like Stafford should.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:10 am 

The Bears would have been better off not drafting him, the only good thing about the Nagy Era was our defense..they are the reason we won 90% of those games.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:14 am 
100000 CLUB

312player wrote:
The Bears would have been better off not drafting him, the only good thing about the Nagy Era was our defense..they are the reason we won 90% of those games.

I don't think (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky would argue against this. Patrick Mahomes was the only guy who should have been taken there. It didn't require any trades.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:16 am 

312player wrote:

His pro bowl season was really good. He did decline after but Nagy mismanaged him. Even his last games here he couldn't help but win.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:20 am 

Nas wrote:
312player wrote:

I don't think (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky would argue against this. Patrick Mahomes was the only guy who should have been taken there. It didn't require any trades.

I wanted Jamal Adams, i knew any qb would fail..you need to get a decent line and weapons before drafting a QB.. they will probably draft another top 10 qb next year and this process repeats itself.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:22 am 
100000 CLUB

Brick wrote:
312player wrote:

His pro bowl season was really good. He did decline after but Nagy mismanaged him. Even his last games here he couldn't help but win.

Foles, Dalton and Fields were significantly worse. The Bears' defense couldn't save them. At that point, you know it's Nagy.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:03 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
312player wrote:
I wanted Jamal Adams, i knew any qb would fail..you need to get a decent line and weapons before drafting a QB.. they will probably draft another top 10 qb next year and this process repeats itself.

This is where I was in that draft and any draft....Finding Aaron Rodgers is dumb fucking luck. It's much easier and safer route to build around the QB.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:41 am 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
I feel like trading up to get a QB early in the draft by giving up additional early round picks is generally just a bad strategy. Just take the best available player or trade down to accumulate more picks. I say this now, but my favorite team may very well be making this mistake next spring, I can just feel it.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:44 am 

pizza_Place: John's
312player wrote:
Nas wrote:
312player wrote:

:lol: And Jamal Adams is a overrated bum who can't cover and can't stay healthy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:49 am 
100000 CLUB

man of few opinions wrote:
I feel like trading up to get a QB early in the draft by giving up additional early round picks is generally just a bad strategy. Just take the best available player or trade down to accumulate more picks. I say this now, but my favorite team may very well be making this mistake next spring, I can just feel it.

I'm fine with it if it's a generational talent. None of the guys in the 2017 draft were considered generational talents by the experts.

These experts are being spoon fed information and manipulated by agents and other folks who have a financial interest in these players. Because of that, they're consistently wrong about players. I would completely ignore the experts.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:58 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Nas wrote:
I would completely ignore the experts.
Isn't that how Pace ended up drafting (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky?

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:01 pm 
100000 CLUB

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Nas wrote:

Not exactly. There were MANY experts who had (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky as the best quarterback in the draft due to injury concerns from Mr Masseuse. MANY didn't like Mahomes because he played for Texas Tech.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:01 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Nas wrote:

In fairness, Pace also didn't really talk to (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky before drafting him and it seemingly was his strategy.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:09 pm 
100000 CLUB

Brick wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Nas wrote:

In fairness, Pace also didn't really talk to (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky before drafting him and it seemingly was his strategy.

(Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky seems like a great leader and a really likeable team guy. I can't imagine how anyone could be deciding between him and Mahomes at quarterback and choose him over Mahomes. From the pedigree to the physical talents, it isn't close.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:17 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Brick wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Nas wrote:

I guess that's true. Pre draft he ignored Mitch like Spaulding does everything positive.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:22 pm 

:lol:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:42 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Brick wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Nas wrote:

I guess that's true. Pre draft he ignored Mitch like Spaulding does everything positive.

...and world history prior to March 2020.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 6:30 am 

Rough time for the (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky fan club these days.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:06 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Brick wrote:

At best he’s just a guy . Mostly he’s below average .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:21 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Brick wrote:

If I can take the L on (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky vs Foles you can take the L on (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky as a starter.

This honestly isn't a shot at him in 2022 (it used to be earlier): he's a backup. And that's not bad now that we now he's not "the guy" . He's not gonna disappear like Jemarcus Russell or Ryan Leaf or something. He belongs in the league at the very least. He doesn't turn the ball over and his mobility adds value. As a backup he'd be an ideal fit on a team with a strong running game that is able to compensate for (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky's weaknesses. So for example if he's ironically backing up Watson in Cleveland and has to fill in for a game or two, things may be fine because they'll rely on Chubb and Hunt to do the heavy lifting. (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky can then assist/be a game manager. He'll be misplaced on any team relying on him to do the heavy lifting.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 538 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 18  Next