It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:35 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 538 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Is Mitch a bust
Poll ended at Wed May 03, 2023 2:39 pm
Yes 83%  83%  [ 5 ]
No 17%  17%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 6
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2022 4:58 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
pittmike wrote:
Nas wrote:
pittmike wrote:
The dream is alive.

Pittsburgh fans really hate Matt Canada. I hope he doesn't go out in public often.

It is weird though because was also a Pitt coach.

They complained about every play that was called. The boos were loud.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 9:10 am 

When do the Steelers have to bench Pickett just like the Bears had to bench Foles and put (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky back in?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 9:32 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
They finally recognize that they're rebuilding without Watt. He doesn't look overwhelmed. They are going to allow him to develop. Likely fire Canada to assist with that development.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2022 10:19 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Dogshit

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2022 7:39 am 

312player wrote:
Dogshit

The whole team is. Pickett has been equally bad.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2022 10:19 am 

pizza_Place: world famous
Brick wrote:
312player wrote:
Dogshit

Pickett hasn't thrown an interception in his last 4 games and the team went 3-1 in those games. They lost yesterday because Mitch threw 3 interceptions and 2 of those were in the red zone.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2022 10:36 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Brick wrote:
312player wrote:
Dogshit

Sounds like we need a "Who do we blame this week?" rolling thread for Mitch's apologists.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2022 10:45 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
Brick wrote:
312player wrote:
Dogshit

Sounds like we need a "Who do we blame this week?" rolling thread for Mitch's apologists.

(Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky gets plenty of blame for his play this year. He hasn't been good.

Pickett puts up Fields-like passing numbers without the running production and he's supposedly playing great.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2022 12:20 pm 

Brick wrote:
312player wrote:
Dogshit

Pickett is a rookie and has been improving, do you think Mitch is cut or on that roster next year?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2022 1:13 pm 

312player wrote:
Brick wrote:
312player wrote:
Dogshit

Pickett is a rookie and has been improving, do you think Mitch is cut or on that roster next year?

Of course (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky is gone. No reason to keep him around and not play.

How has Pickett been improving? He's putting up Fields-like passing numbers without the running.

I think Pickett will be a decent quarterback but he's in his honeymoon phase where people celebrate a 170 yard performance.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2022 1:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
SF would be a great spot for Mitch as a backup - they can move the ball without relying on the QB, which helps masks Mitch's limitations. Purdy seems like the no 2 though. Maybe Tennesee is another spot but I don't know how long Henry has as the bellcow. Once he declines that entire team declines.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2022 1:42 pm 

Passing stats only:
Fields:
12 games, 13 touchdowns, 10 interceptions, 158 ypg, 7.5 yards per attempt, 85.4 rating
Pickett:
10 games(9 starts), 4 touchdowns, 8 interceptions, 180 ypg, 6.1 yards per attempt, 74.9 rating

Of course both are young and seem to be alright but Pickett has been horrible when judged without training wheels this year.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2022 1:49 pm 

Brick wrote:
Passing stats only:
Fields:
12 games, 13 touchdowns, 10 interceptions, 158 ypg, 7.5 yards per attempt, 85.4 rating
Pickett:
10 games(9 starts), 4 touchdowns, 8 interceptions, 180 ypg, 6.1 yards per attempt, 74.9 rating

Of course both are young and seem to be alright but Pickett has been horrible when judged without training wheels this year.

Generally the first year is a write-off unless we're talking exceptionally bad stuff, like you don't belong on a field stuff.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2022 1:53 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
Brick wrote:
Passing stats only:
Fields:
Pickett:

Generally the first year is a write-off unless we're talking exceptionally bad stuff, like you don't belong on a field stuff.

Of course but people are acting like Pickett has proven himself as an NFL quarterback.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2022 1:59 pm 

Brick wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Brick wrote:
Passing stats only:
Fields:
Pickett:

Of course but people are acting like Pickett has proven himself as an NFL quarterback.

I don't believe he's a proven guy yet - it's not clear he's even better than (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky - but since you know what (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky is you throw Pickett out there even if his floor is currently lower than (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky's. Optimally they confirm Pickett's ceiling is higher. Worst case is the floors and ceilings are similar, which means you now have three backup QBs on the roster.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:08 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
I don't believe he's a proven guy yet - it's not clear he's even better than (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky - but since you know what (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky is you throw Pickett out there even if his floor is currently lower than (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky's. Optimally they confirm Pickett's ceiling is higher. Worst case is the floors and ceilings are similar, which means you now have three backup QBs on the roster.
I think (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky should have been benched. He didn't do well enough to keep his job. You have to see what you have with Pickett.

If Pickett was lighting the league on fire we would be saying "Wow. (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky must have been terrible to not be able to do that". So, when Pickett is failing just as badly it could be that the offense as a whole isn't good.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:26 pm 

Brick wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
I think (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky should have been benched. He didn't do well enough to keep his job. You have to see what you have with Pickett.

If Pickett was lighting the league on fire we would be saying "Wow. (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky must have been terrible to not be able to do that". So, when Pickett is failing just as badly it could be that the offense as a whole isn't good.

I don't think we'd be pointing the finger at (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky if Pickett was awesome - at this point it's clear what (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky is (a #2, which is not an insult). I agree it's possible the whole offense is just bad, but I don't think the offense being good/better would have elevated the play of (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky. I'm also not sure what we're debating anymore :lol:

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:45 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
SF would be a great spot for Mitch as a backup - they can move the ball without relying on the QB, which helps masks Mitch's limitations. Purdy seems like the no 2 though. Maybe Tennesee is another spot but I don't know how long Henry has as the bellcow. Once he declines that entire team declines.

Niners don't want that dipshit, I'd take Purdy over mitch. Easy decision

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:46 pm 

Mitch could be out of the league in a year, he's a bust, he looks terrible every time
he plays.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:47 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
312player wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

You were pimping Deshaun Watson as STILL top 5 QB just a few days ago. Your privileges as a QB ranker have been revoked here.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:57 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
312player wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

You were pimping Deshaun Watson as STILL top 5 QB just a few days ago. Your privileges as a QB ranker have been revoked here.

Gtfo here, the guy is rusty AF.. give him a few more weeks. I'm the guy who told you we need Hurts in the second. You told me I was nuts for thinking Hurts was a second rounder.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2022 5:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Brick wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Brick wrote:
312player wrote:
Dogshit

(Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky gets plenty of blame for his play this year. He hasn't been good.

Pickett puts up Fields-like passing numbers without the running production and he's supposedly playing great.

if this were Chicago, Mitch wouldn’t be to blame for any of those interceptions, it would be that they were guys in his face right away, the receivers quit on the routes, the receivers ran the wrong routes to begin with and the receivers just arent very good to begin with.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2022 9:54 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
Brick wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Brick wrote:
Passing stats only:
Fields:
Pickett:

Who is saying that? Most everything I see, and my own observation, says the he passes the "eye test" as a NFL QB but has a long way to go. I don't think anyone is saying he's playing great.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2022 10:07 pm 

Yeah, Pickett may suck.. we know Mitch sucks.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2022 7:30 pm 

Dionate Johnson hates (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky apparently. Awkward...

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/352 ... olph-start

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:53 am 

What say you (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky apologists? Where does this scrub land and how much?

I say Carolina, 2 years 9 million total as a back up. Huge bust, can't be seen any other way.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:59 am 

312player wrote:
What say you (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky apologists? Where does this scrub land and how much?

I say Carolina, 2 years 9 million total as a back up. Huge bust, can't be seen any other way.

(Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky wasn't a huge bust in Chicago. He won a ton of games and played well enough to get them to the playoffs twice which for the Bears is like winning the Super Bowl.

He's probably settled in as a career backup who still finds a way to get some starts. I still think there is a chance he gets a few Ryan Fitzpatrick type years but a lot of that is just being in the right place at the right time.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 8:24 am 

The D won most of those games, he won't sniff 223 tds like Fitz..he's a bust. He be lucky to start 10 games the rest of his career.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 8:31 am 

Brick wrote:
312player wrote:

(Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky wasn't a huge bust in Chicago. He won a ton of games and played well enough to get them to the playoffs twice which for the Bears is like winning the Super Bowl.

He's probably settled in as a career backup who still finds a way to get some starts. I still think there is a chance he gets a few Ryan Fitzpatrick type years but a lot of that is just being in the right place at the right time.

Massive bust - you don't pick a QB at 2 and expect he'll be a backup after four years. The stakes are multiplied at QB - bigger bust than Enis, Benson, White, McNown, etc. And to say he was key part of the playoff run in 2018 is not true. A replacement QB would also result in the same outcome. You've quietly shifted your position quite a lot on (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky - in the past 5 months you've gone from "good/decent starter" to "career backup" in an attempt to avoid just acknowledging you were wrong from the start on him.

2013 CSFMB ROY

Last edited by veganfan21 on Thu Feb 02, 2023 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 8:43 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Im still stunned that an NFL GM decided that he couldnt live without / had to trade picks to move up one spot to take a guy to play the most important position on the team based on what , 11 career college starts ?? at a shit university program.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 538 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next