It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:14 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 538 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Is Mitch a bust
Poll ended at Wed May 03, 2023 2:39 pm
Yes 83%  83%  [ 5 ]
No 17%  17%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 6
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 8:50 am 

312player wrote:
The D won most of those games, he won't sniff 223 tds like Fitz..he's a bust. He be lucky to start 10 games the rest of his career.

(Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky was better than any quarterback we've ever seen in a Bears uniform his second year. He regressed in the third year and didn't get a great chance in his fourth year but he still lead them to the playoffs in spite of the coach.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 8:56 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
Massive bust - you don't pick a QB at 2 and expect he'll be a backup after four years. The stakes are multiplied at QB - bigger bust than Enis, Benson, White, McNown, etc. And to say he was key part of the playoff run in 2018 is not true. A replacement QB would also result in the same outcome.
This is wrong. You continue to be wrong on (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky. He was great his second year. When do you think we'll see another stat line like that by a Bears quarterback who plays a full season?
veganfan21 wrote:
You've quietly shifted your position quite a lot on (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky - in the past 5 months you've gone from "good/decent starter" to "career backup" in an attempt to avoid just acknowledging you were wrong from the start on him.
I don't think I said he was a good starter since he left the Bears. I believe I thought he was a starting quarterback in the league. He lost out in Pittsburgh to the hotshot rookie QB who ended up with terrible stats but is the future so they wanted to build around him. He probably is a career backup. He's too old to walk in and be the unquestioned starter. He'll have to be like Fitzpatrick and wait for his time to play.

As for being wrong about (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky, you don't get to say then when you were hyping up the great Nick Foles.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:17 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
His last year the league added 2 playoff spots for covid..no? That's what you are calling led them to the playoffs twice? An 8-8 team that didn't deserve to be in?

You've been wrong on him from the jump, he sucks, he couldn't even beat back Pickett after 6 years in the league and 3 coaches.

The guy you keep trying to comp will have 2.5 x the TDs this chump will have when he retires..and he was 250th player taken in the 7th round.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:24 am 

312player wrote:
His last year the league added 2 playoff spots for covid..no? That's what you are calling led them to the playoffs twice? An 8-8 team that didn't deserve to be in?
He went 6-3 as a starter in the regular season and put up good but not great stats his fourth year.

312player wrote:
You've been wrong on him from the jump, he sucks, he couldn't even beat back Pickett after 6 years in the league and 3 coaches.
Pickett got put in because he was a rookie who was the future. Pickett's stats were horrible this year but that doesn't really matter for a rookie.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:33 am 

Brick wrote:
312player wrote:
He went 6-3 as a starter in the regular season and put up good but not great stats his fourth year.

312player wrote:
Pickett got put in because he was a rookie who was the future. Pickett's stats were horrible this year but that doesn't really matter for a rookie.

They didn't want to have to go to Pickett..their hand was forced.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:36 am 

Highly drafted rookie QBs don't sit on teams that aren't likely going to the playoffs.

Did you give up the argument that (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky wasn't good in year 4 with the Bears?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:41 am 

There is no argument, he sucks, he's a bust. He will never win a playoff game, he will never start 10 games the rest of his career..he's a failure, a terrible pick that set the franchise back a decade.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:50 am 

312player wrote:
There is no argument, he sucks, he's a bust. He will never win a playoff game, he will never start 10 games the rest of his career..he's a failure, a terrible pick that set the franchise back a decade.

Was he good with the Bears in year 2 and 4?

He may not get another 10 starts. It depends on a lot of factors and what he wants to do.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:25 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Brick wrote:
He won a ton of games and played well enough to get them to the playoffs twice
I'll give him most of 2018.

2020 was a joke 8-8 playoff team. Foles was responsible for three of those eight wins, and if Mitch doesn't lay an egg and turn the ball over twice in the 4th quarter against the Packers perhaps the Bears win the division instead of sneaking in as a wild card. As that wild card, (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky lead the Bears to 3 points and 100 yards of total offense until the final minute/90 seconds of the game when the outcome was already set.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:37 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Brick wrote:

2020 was a joke 8-8 playoff team. Foles was responsible for three of those eight wins, and if Mitch doesn't lay an egg and turn the ball over twice in the 4th quarter against the Packers perhaps the Bears win the division instead of sneaking in as a wild card. As that wild card, (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky lead the Bears to 3 points and 100 yards of total offense until the final minute/90 seconds of the game when the outcome was already set.
(Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky was 6-3 as a starter in 2020. If you want to take away the game where he got benched for Foles then it is still 5-3.

I'm not saying (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky was a star in 2020 but he was the reason they even made the playoffs.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:39 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Brick wrote:

Agreed. Mitch looked decent in 2018.
2020 Mitch was...not...good, despite an impressive 8-8 record. W-L record does not really tell you the performance of your QB. I don't care that they were 6-3 with Mitch starts. 2020 Mitch was bad. 2022 Mitch was still bad.

Mitch didn't look good in Pittsburgh. They gave him the job and he pissed it away. It's settled. Mitch is a bust and can enjoy the rest of his career carrying a clipboard and cashing paychecks. Will he see 10 more starts in his career? Probably. I'd be fine with Mitch as a backup. I just don't want him starting more than 2 games a year on my team. I doubt anyone wants more than that.

Picket proved to be less bad than Mitch....period.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:40 am 
100000 CLUB

(Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky was the reason the Bears managed to eek out a .500 season sums him up perfectly.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:47 am 

BigW72 wrote:
2020 Mitch was...not...good, despite an impressive 8-8 record. W-L record does not really tell you the performance of your QB. I don't care that they were 6-3 with Mitch starts. 2020 Mitch was bad. 2022 Mitch was still bad.
2018 (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky was either the second or third best QB season in Bears history depending on if you count Baby McCown's 8 game season in 2013. His 2020 season would be somewhere between fifth and eighth best QB season in Bears history.

It's ok to acknowledge that (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky was good but not great for 2/4 seasons in Chicago.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:55 am 

BigW72 wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Brick wrote:

Mitch didn't look good in Pittsburgh. They gave him the job and he pissed it away. It's settled. Mitch is a bust and can enjoy the rest of his career carrying a clipboard and cashing paychecks. Will he see 10 more starts in his career? Probably. I'd be fine with Mitch as a backup. I just don't want him starting more than 2 games a year on my team. I doubt anyone wants more than that.

Picket proved to be less bad than Mitch....period.

Steak, dinner, boom!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 12:20 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Brick wrote:
BigW72 wrote:
2018 (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky was either the second or third best QB season in Bears history depending on if you count Baby McCown's 8 game season in 2013. His 2020 season would be somewhere between fifth and eighth best QB season in Bears history.

It's ok to acknowledge that (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky was good but not great for 2/4 seasons in Chicago.

Good but not great for half your seasons and poor for half your season makes a bust as a second overall pick. Then you look at who was drafted after him and their success. I don't care if he tallest migeted his way into a bizarre third best qb season for a Bears team who never had a remotely decent quarterback.
I will say if mitch were a late second round or third round draft pick he's not a bust. But he wasn't. So he is.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 12:24 pm 

Darkside wrote:
Brick wrote:
BigW72 wrote:

Good but not great for half your seasons and poor for half your season makes a bust as a second overall pick. Then you look at who was drafted after him and their success. I don't care if he tallest migeted his way into a bizarre third best qb season for a Bears team who never had a remotely decent quarterback.
I will say if mitch were a late second round or third round draft pick he's not a bust. But he wasn't. So he is.

There are very few first round quarterbacks that aren't busts then.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 12:27 pm 

Brick wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Brick wrote:
BigW72 wrote:

Hes not just a first round. He was second overall. And you point sucks.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 12:29 pm 

Darkside wrote:
Brick wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Brick wrote:
BigW72 wrote:

Hes not just a first round. He was second overall. And you point sucks.

You are the one who brought up him being a late second round or third round draft pick to make him not a bust.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 12:30 pm 

Yes I did. Because then there wouldn't be expectations that one typically has for a second overall draft pick.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 12:33 pm 

My point is that all first round picks have high expectations and very few of them ever meet them.

I think the expectations for Fields are probably about the same as they were for (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 12:37 pm 

Brick wrote:
My point is that all first round picks have high expectations and very few of them ever meet them.

I think the expectations for Fields are probably about the same as they were for (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky.

None of this changes the fact that (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky is a bust.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 2:39 pm 

Let's put it to a vote

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:56 pm 

Steelers like him so much they are keeping him at a high cost.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 1:04 pm 
100000 CLUB

Good for Mitch. He'll definitely hang around in the league as backup. He can make himself a lot of money that way.

Steelers currently spending less than 5% of their salary cap on the QB position.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 1:29 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Brick wrote:
Steelers like him so much they are keeping him at a high cost.

Looks like a power struggle between coach and GM. Khan likes (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky and wanted him on the team. Tomlin and (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky don't see eye to eye. (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky wants to be cut.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 1:35 pm 

When Pickett continues to struggle statistically he doesn't want the pressure of putting in the backup.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 1:40 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Trubuisky is their penance for foisting that bum Claypool on us

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:33 pm 

Brick wrote:
When Pickett continues to struggle statistically he doesn't want the pressure of putting in the backup.

It's not a bad move, fans know Mitch sucks so there won't be pressure to put him in.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
Caller Bob wrote:

I thought you were in favor of acquiring Claypool. As a matter of fact I am sure you were.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:59 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
man of few opinions wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

I thought you were in favor of acquiring Claypool. As a matter of fact I am sure you were.

It's part of his shtick. He mixes it in with some solid points.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 538 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next