It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:52 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
https://www.nfl.com/playerhealthandsafe ... t-protocol

Quote:
"No-Go" Signs and Symptoms.
If a player exhibits or reports any of the following signs or symptoms of concussion, he must be removed immediately from the field of play and transported to the locker room. If a neutral sideline observer or a member of the player's club's medical team observes a player exhibit or receives a report that a player has experienced any of the following signs or symptoms, the player shall be considered to have suffered a concussion and may not return to participation (practice or play) on the same day under any circumstances:

Loss of Consciousness (including Impact Seizure and/or "fencing posture")
Gross Motor Instability (GMI), identified in the judgment of the club medical staff in consultation with the Sideline UNC, who observe the player's behavior, have access to the player's relevant history and are able to rule out an orthopedic cause for any observed instability
Confusion
Amnesia

It's right there that they could have kept him out last week. As we've seen, the defense is "no really, it was because of his back," but if the Chiefs can keep Mahomes out of a playoff game because of it the Dolphins could have kept Tua out of game 3.

https://www.nfl.com/_amp/nfl-head-neck- ... t-protocol

Quote:
The Club physician remains responsible for all final decisions regarding Return-to-Play. However, the Club physician will consult with his/her sideline [Unaffiliated Nuerotrama Consultant (UNC)] team member prior to reaching his/her decision. If the sideline UNC disagrees with the Club physician’s decision to return the player to play or remove the athlete, the sideline UNC will be given an opportunity to explain the basis of his/her opinion. This will be discussed in a collegial fashion in private as to why the player should or should not be returned to the game. The Club physician will communicate his or her final decision to the player."

You figure you'd want the unaffiliated doctor to be able to make the final decision instead of the guy paid by the team, but it's easy to see why that's the hierarchy.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:10 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
We must defeat our division rival.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
did they give him smelling salts ?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
gonna take a wild guess that the 'protocol ' is probably set up to where it's pretty easy to pass it

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:02 pm 
100000 CLUB

Bagels wrote:
gonna take a wild guess that the 'protocol ' is probably set up to where it's pretty easy to pass it

Or players intentionally make their baseline low so they can easily pass the "test" with a concussion. That's why you hire physicians who can see beyond the games.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2022 6:13 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Tua didn't say, "hey, I'm ok, put me in". He said, "What the fuck you talking about? I didn't hit my head. I had a mush feeling in my back that went down my legs. And I'll prove it. Let's do the tests".

The team independent neurological doctor bought the story.

He either 1) had a mild concussion Sunday and had a very convincing story, or 2) wasn't concussed Sunday and got concussed last night. Either way, he has a concussion. He was released from the hospital and flew home with the team. He was lucid on the plane and was watching a movie.

My personal feeling is this isn't his first rodeo with concussions and it won't be his last. And if that's the case, what do you want to do? Throw him out of the league?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2022 7:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Football is fun in that people love giant humans crushing each other but also love tut-tutting the NFL when the people crushing one another get injured.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2022 7:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Enzo's big fat fucking chicken parm rolls
As much as I hate Bernstein pontificating about his usual bullshit, he's right on this one. At no point throughout the broadcast did anyone utter the word "concussion". Or "brain injury". We all know that's what it was but no one on any broadcast was allowed to say it.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2022 7:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Nardi wrote:
He was released from the hospital and flew home with the team. He was lucid on the plane and was watching a movie.

I caught the tail end of Spiegel ripping McDaniels for letting Tua watch a movie on the plane: "Doesn't he know watching a screen is one of the worst things you can do when you have a concussion????!!!!" Okay, doc.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2022 7:54 pm 

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Football is fun in that people love giant humans crushing each other but also love tut-tutting the NFL when the people crushing one another get injured.

There's a difference between incidental injuries like Akiem Hicks' elbow getting bent 180 or some rando OL getting his ankle shattered, and avoidable permanent brain injuries. Joints and muscles heal, the brain is fucked. I know you're making a comical point but this guy's brain is swiss cheese now. There is no remedy for brain damage.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
TriColoredPastas wrote:

There's a difference between incidental injuries like Akiem Hicks' elbow getting bent 180 or some rando OL getting his ankle shattered, and avoidable permanent brain injuries. Joints and muscles heal, the brain is fucked. I know you're making a comical point but this guy's brain is swiss cheese now. There is no remedy for brain damage.

That’s a feature of the game, not a bug. Everybody on the field is taking shots to the head on almost every play. Linemen get punched in the head about 50 times a game by some of the strongest people to ever exist.

My point is more that fans dip their toe into concern-for-player-safety water on rare occasion. The Tua stuff is an obvious example. If that concern was genuine, the game wouldn’t exist.

On some level you have to make peace with the fact that these men are richly rewarded for harming themselves for our pleasure.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
School shootings and permanent brain injuries are just the price of doing business.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
[ The Tua stuff is an obvious example. If that concern was genuine, the game wouldn’t exist.

I agree. I'd be fine if it went away or shifted to two hand touch. I don't wanna see that Thursday night Tua shit, even though it's not the first time that's happened.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:44 pm 

TriColoredPastas wrote:

That’s a feature of the game, not a bug. Everybody on the field is taking shots to the head on almost every play. Linemen get punched in the head about 50 times a game by some of the strongest people to ever exist.

My point is more that fans dip their toe into concern-for-player-safety water on rare occasion. The Tua stuff is an obvious example. If that concern was genuine, the game wouldn’t exist.

On some level you have to make peace with the fact that these men are richly rewarded for harming themselves for our pleasure.

No doubt. But this case is notable for compounding multiple permanent brain injuries to one guy despite a clear exit for that one guy after the first brain injury.
I think what Fishbain said bears some truth. If an elbow injury is an elbow injury, and a knee injury is a knee injury, then what the fuck is a concussion? It's a brain injury. List it as a brain injury.

Tua: Week 3 Brain Injury. That's it. He is inelegible.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 12:12 am 

pizza_Place: Passero's
I dont understand the big hoopla with this.

A fucking QB got injured. This happens all the time. Why are people tryin' to blame somebody for it??!

Stop pussifying the sport!!!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:39 am 

pizza_Place: What??
Bernstein told me long ago the micro concussions , the constant banging of heads, is worse for you than a singular major concussion. So apparently, Tua's lineman are worse off than he is.

Post subject: Re: 2022 Week 4
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:19 am 

It's hard to believe this has so much attention. This game was so obscurely viewed that it reminds me of the Tyson -Buster Douglass days, where there were no highlights, just picture stills.

No TV, just radio. I still haven't seen highlight of Tua's injury, not last Sunday's nor Thursday's injury.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:22 am 

Vikings @ Saints , on NOW!!

One thing these London games have shown, is that it generally proves out who is the better team over the long haul.

Most of these London games are very evenly matched on paper, with small spreads, and it's a tossup as to who is going to win. But the winner of this game always ends up being the better team by the end of the season, and the loser generally sinks. It's quite interesting, because it's a neutral field.

Take this game for instance, very evenly matched on paper.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:30 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
The middling Vikings are handling the Saints pretty easily so far. Didn't Reader predict that Dennis Allen would lead them to greatness? :lol:

Andy Dalton looking unmistakably Andy Daltonish so far....

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:35 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Terrible effort at the goal line by the Vikings. Looks like they need to do some tackling drills. No knee bend and a bunch of guys initiating contact with the ball carrier at shoulder-pad level.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 11:45 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
The middling Vikings are handling the Saints pretty easily so far. Didn't Reader predict that Dennis Allen would lead them to greatness? :lol:

Andy Dalton looking unmistakably Andy Daltonish so far....

Half our team is in street clothes and the practice squad and the off the streets boys are lining up for us. But between turnovers and some questionable plays, I/we just have to take it. This is an everything that can go wrong will go wrong year.

Ugh. But at least Dalton and Murray got hot...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 11:49 am 

Good Lord Erin Andrews looks like she's been ridden hard. She's starting to look extra skanky. Not surprisingly.

She's on the verge of entering Pam Oliver territory. Oof!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 2:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Bills came back from being down 20-3 to the Ravens to tie it up.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 2:51 pm 

Absolutle DUMB move not to kick the FG on 4th and goal at the 3, late in the 4th Q! WTF!!

Buffalo intercepts it in the end zone!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 3:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Geno F-ing Smith!?? Wow, I sure didn’t see this coming.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 3:26 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
I don't think I've ever seen a no-tee onside kick (DET).

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 3:27 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
It's a good idea. Just spin the hell out of it.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 3:40 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Score 45 and lose.

Lions gonna Lion

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 5:49 pm 
100000 CLUB

The Packers may need to give [Redacted] Love an opportunity to beat Zappe.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 6:08 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Packers get another phantom flag. Shocking

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next