It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:29 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Week 7
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 12:28 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Herbert is saddled with a dumbass head coach that can't coach defense despite having 3-4 all pro defenders on his roster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 12:34 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Regular Reader wrote:
Nas wrote:
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Nas wrote:
Even if the Steelers don't have a replacement, they're going to fire Matt Canada during the bye week.

Their “well run organization” nonsense is about to run into a wall. They’re in QB hell.

Pickett isn't afraid. That goes a long way for young quarterbacks. I think he can be an everyman version of Herbert. You can win with that.

I understand that Herbert has all the physical skills but I still don't get the over the top love for the guy who's got a modest record, no statement wins or playoff appearances.

He gets the love because he came in and had success right away. If he doesn't make the playoffs in the next year or so, that will change.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 12:37 pm 

Payton is taking that job next year. So much talent already in place

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 1:00 pm 

Matt Ryan benched. I know everyone praises Ballard as the GM God but he has fucked up the QB position two off-seasons in a row now

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 2:20 pm 

Nas wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Nas wrote:
Nas wrote:
Even if the Steelers don't have a replacement, they're going to fire Matt Canada during the bye week.

Their “well run organization” nonsense is about to run into a wall. They’re in QB hell.

Pickett isn't afraid. That goes a long way for young quarterbacks. I think he can be an everyman version of Herbert. You can win with that.

I understand that Herbert has all the physical skills but I still don't get the over the top love for the guy who's got a modest record, no statement wins or playoff appearances.

He gets the love because he came in and had success right away. If he doesn't make the playoffs in the next year or so, that will change.

Bob is right about the idiot coach who will probably be justifiably fired this season. But if Geno Smith can overcome an aging Pete Carroll, Herbert shouldn't be wishing for a game 17 tie with the Raiders to back into the playoffs.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 2:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
I watched Trevor Lawrence play this week against the Giants and I thought he looked solid. I had never seen him play before in the NFL, and he looks like he belongs to me, big, strong, athletic, poised and confident. I think he is going to be pretty fucking good. I know his numbers weren't remarkable yesterday but I have a feeling he is going to be hard to handle in the pretty near future. And Etienne looks pretty good, too.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 2:46 pm 
100000 CLUB

Regular Reader wrote:
Nas wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Nas wrote:
Nas wrote:

Bob is right about the idiot coach who will probably be justifiably fired this season. But if Geno Smith can overcome an aging Pete Carroll, Herbert shouldn't be wishing for a game 17 tie with the Raiders to back into the playoffs.

Carroll is responsible for Geno, just like he was responsible for Wilson. How could you possibly believe in Jameis but doubt Herbert?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 2:53 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Caller Bob wrote:
Matt Ryan benched. I know everyone praises Ballard as the GM God but he has fucked up the QB position two off-seasons in a row now

This is part of what concerns me about Poles, as Ballard seems to be one of his mentors. Ballard doesn't seem to understand QB evaluation--nor does he prioritize the QB position--and the same may be true of Poles.

The more obvious concern, of course, is that Poles' purported strength as an evaluator is the offensive line, but he has assembled an awful line, prioritized the signing of failed free agent Lucas Patrick, and marginalized Tevin Jenkins, who has proven to be his best lineman this season (though that's hardly a major feat).

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 2:57 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

This is part of what concerns me about Poles, as Ballard seems to be one of his mentors. Ballard doesn't seem to understand QB evaluation--nor does he prioritize the QB position--and the same may be true of Poles.

The more obvious concern, of course, is that Poles' purported strength as an evaluator is the offensive line, but he has assembled an awful line, prioritized the signing of failed free agent Lucas Patrick, and marginalized Tevin Jenkins, who has proven to be his best lineman this season (though that's hardly a major feat).

Definitely concerning.

However, if his intention is to tank this year and get a top draft pick combined with their large pool of FA money then all of it makes sense. So we really don't know much about Poles yet. But if things do not drastically change next year then he will quickly prove himself to be an idiot.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 3:01 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
MANY would have to agree.

The only thing we can really bank on regarding Ryan Poles next season is that Caller Bob will find something to bbitch and moan about.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 3:13 pm 

Nas wrote:
Carroll is responsible for Geno, just like he was responsible for Wilson. How could you possibly believe in Jameis but doubt Herbert?

I don't think that Carroll was responsible for any QB since USC, if even then. And frankly as much as I watched Herbert at Oregon (where a friend's son played), I never saw anything special despite the talent edge they enjoyed.

And while Jameis did regress in college and was foolishly bombs away in Tampa, he did show special at times.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 5:06 pm 

And Nas, didn't I tell you that Matt Ryan was washed months ago. I didn't see him getting benched this quickly.

That having been said, I will let you out of our Colts bet.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 5:14 pm 
100000 CLUB

Regular Reader wrote:
And Nas, didn't I tell you that Matt Ryan was washed months ago. I didn't see him getting benched this quickly.

You did. My head is in a million places; I don't remember the details of our wager. I'm going to honor my word. I'm looking forward to November.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 5:17 pm 

Nas wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

You did. My head is in a million places; I don't remember the details of our wager. I'm going to honor my word. I'm looking forward to November.

Nah, don't worry about it. The circumstances changed too much and I don't enjoy rooting against the Colts

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 5:22 pm 
100000 CLUB

Regular Reader wrote:
Nas wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

Nah, don't worry about it. The circumstances changed too much and I don't enjoy rooting against the Colts

I owe you another whiskey and cigar, but you're making a generous cigar donation to me.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2022 10:07 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Colombo's
3 point game until midway thru 4th quarter. How many first year head coaches have been fired during season? Urban Meyer...I think Petrino quit.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2022 12:02 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

You can't write off Patrick yet - yes, he's been injured but let's see what he looks like when healthy. The whole Jenkins thing seems to have worked out - yes, he was drafted as a tackle by the previous regime, but he's showing run blocking ability as a guard. And the rookie at LT has shown flashes of being a decent tackle.

Need another cycle to get rid of a few guys,