PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 1:03 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Brick wrote:
Nas wrote:
Brick wrote:
Nas wrote:
Brick wrote:
Remember when some people used to argue that football player contracts weren't good deals for the players?

They aren't in comparison to other leagues. You're trying to extrapolate an anecdote of a former star player.

NFL players have the highest top salaries in American sports and they play a sport that has double or triple the number of players overall.

Most of their contracts aren't guaranteed. Russell Wilson won't see all of that money. The only reason he can't be cut immediately is it would screw up their salary cap. Russell Westbrook doesn't have that concern. Ben Simmons doesn't have that concern. Spider Tack Gerrit Cole doesn't have that concern.

Ben Simmons makes $5 million less a year than Wilson if Wilson gets cut at the earliest possible time period. Westbrook is about equal to Wilson if Wilson gets cut but Westbook was a 5 year and Wilson was a 4 year.

For starters, you're using the contracts of elite quarterbacks as proof NFL players aren't getting screwed in comparison to other leagues. That's bullshit. Secondly, if Russell Wilson gets cut tomorrow, he doesn't get all of his guaranteed money. That money isn't fully guaranteed. Being on the roster past certain dates locks it in. Lastly, when Alex Caruso signs a deal with the Bulls, he knows he is going to get the full amount of the contract. When Danny Trevathan signs a deal with the Bears, he knows he probably won't see a dime beyond the first year.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 1:08 pm 

Nas wrote:
Brick wrote:
Nas wrote:
Brick wrote:
Nas wrote:
Brick wrote:
Remember when some people used to argue that football player contracts weren't good deals for the players?

They aren't in comparison to other leagues. You're trying to extrapolate an anecdote of a former star player.

NFL players have the highest top salaries in American sports and they play a sport that has double or triple the number of players overall.

Most of their contracts aren't guaranteed. Russell Wilson won't see all of that money. The only reason he can't be cut immediately is it would screw up their salary cap. Russell Westbrook doesn't have that concern. Ben Simmons doesn't have that concern. Spider Tack Gerrit Cole doesn't have that concern.

Ben Simmons makes $5 million less a year than Wilson if Wilson gets cut at the earliest possible time period. Westbrook is about equal to Wilson if Wilson gets cut but Westbook was a 5 year and Wilson was a 4 year.

For starters, you're using the contracts of elite quarterbacks as proof NFL players aren't getting screwed in comparison to other leagues. That's bullshit. Secondly, if Russell Wilson gets cut tomorrow, he doesn't get all of his guaranteed money. That money isn't fully guaranteed. Being on the roster past certain dates locks it in. Lastly, when Alex Caruso signs a deal with the Bulls, he knows he is going to get the full amount of the contract. When Danny Trevathan signs a deal with the Bears, he knows he probably won't see a dime beyond the first year.

Unless they can sue Wilson for breach of contract he gets all of that guaranteed money. Just look at what happened to Kyrie last year.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 1:25 pm 
100000 CLUB

Brick wrote:
Unless they can sue Wilson for breach of contract he gets all of that guaranteed money. Just look at what happened to Kyrie last year.

No, he doesn't. Guaranteed NFL money isn't always guaranteed. We've learned that over the past decade plus. Watson and Cousins appear to be the only players who were able to negotiate NBA/MLB type deals. Lamar Jackson is trying to do the same. Even if a few quarterbacks pull it off, that says nothing about the hundreds of other players who are essentially working on a one year deal every year.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 1:27 pm 

Nas wrote:
Brick wrote:

No, he doesn't. Guaranteed NFL money isn't always guaranteed. We've learned that over the past decade plus. Watson and Cousins appear to be the only players who were able to negotiate NBA/MLB type deals. Lamar Jackson is trying to do the same. Even if a few quarterbacks pull it off, that says nothing about the hundreds of other players who are essentially working on a one year deal every year.

Oh I am sure there are more than a few provisions in Watson's contract.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 1:30 pm 
100000 CLUB

Hawg Ass wrote:
Nas wrote:
Brick wrote:

Oh I am sure there are more than a few provisions in Watson's contract.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 1:30 pm 

Nas wrote:
Brick wrote:

Wilson gets $161 million for 4 years unless he goes to jail or something similar.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 1:37 pm 
100000 CLUB

Brick wrote:
Nas wrote:
Brick wrote:

Wilson gets $161 million for 4 years unless he goes to jail or something similar.

He does have a ton of fully guaranteed money. It looks like it's "only" $124M.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/denver-bron ... lson-9885/

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 1:46 pm 

Nas wrote:
Brick wrote:
Nas wrote:
Brick wrote:

I believe those options in the first four years are guaranteed too but the team has the option to pay it earlier to help with salary cap issues.

Now, I'm guessing if Wilson goes to jail he doesn't get that money but the same would happen with any other league.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 1:51 pm 
100000 CLUB

Brick wrote:
Nas wrote:
Brick wrote:
Nas wrote:
Brick wrote:

I believe those options in the first four years are guaranteed too but the team has the option to pay it earlier to help with salary cap issues.

Now, I'm guessing if Wilson goes to jail he doesn't get that money but the same would happen with any other league.

If I'm reading it correctly, they can cut him prior to the 5th day of the league year in 2024 to save the additional $37M. Which means he would make $124M for 3 seasons. That's not a bad deal for a player who sucks.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 2:02 pm 

Nas wrote:
If I'm reading it correctly, they can cut him prior to the 5th day of the league year in 2024 to save the additional $37M. Which means he would make $124M for 3 seasons. That's not a bad deal for a player who sucks.
Well, that's not really a bad deal for Wilson either. He gets $124 million for 2 seasons of play.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 2:16 pm 
100000 CLUB

Brick wrote:
Nas wrote:
Well, that's not really a bad deal for Wilson either. He gets $124 million for 2 seasons of play.

It isn't.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Brick wrote:

rich white folk from the south set up a black man to do time solely because doing so benefits their personal pecuniary interests? That never happens

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:24 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
https://www.totalprosports.com/nfl/russ ... 3mCNHK6xeI

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:00 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
billypootons wrote:
you fire this idiot coach and try again next year. you also hope russ has been humbled and will work hard in the off-season. you can't pull the plug now, that is insane.

yup

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Franky T wrote:
billypootons wrote:
you fire this idiot coach and try again next year. you also hope russ has been humbled and will work hard in the off-season. you can't pull the plug now, that is insane.

yup

Agreed. He’s also been behind a worse o-line than Fields and most recently worse receivers as well.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2022 6:22 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
312player wrote:
Carson Wentz hasn't played in almost 2 months and still has more tds than russ.

His new Colorado mansion has more bathrooms than he has TDs.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:26 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Colombo's
They have to score 32 points a game rest of the way to match last years offensive production. The offense has only scored 20+ once this season.