It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:50 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:57 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Purdy time

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:17 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Goes to show you. You can be an NFL QB without a first round grade.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2022 9:05 am 

It is remarkable that we hope and pray on high first round picks to show a sliver of what guys like White and Purdy show in their first games and then try to dismiss what we see from White and Purdy. I definitely do that.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2022 9:12 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Purdy has been poised and fairly accurate throwing the ball.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:09 am 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
Purdy looks very impressive considering how he has been thrust into the spotlight. He caught a HUGE break when Diggs dropped that terrible would-be interception last night though, that was a real turning point of the game. That was a terrible decision. I like how he hangs in there and throws the ball and isn't preoccupied with running.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:30 am 
100000 CLUB

man of few opinions wrote:
Purdy looks very impressive considering how he has been thrust into the spotlight. He caught a HUGE break when Diggs dropped that terrible would-be interception last night though, that was a real turning point of the game. That was a terrible decision. I like how he hangs in there and throws the ball and isn't preoccupied with running.

Leave Daniel Jones and Justin Fields alone.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:54 am 

not a BIGFAN of QB's that run better than they pass.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2022 11:02 am 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
good dolphin wrote:
It is remarkable that we hope and pray on high first round picks to show a sliver of what guys like White and Purdy show in their first games and then try to dismiss what we see from White and Purdy. I definitely do that.

Because history shows that these types of players rarely pan out. The league is littered with guys who came in and looked surprisingly good for a few games...and then never were heard from again.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2022 11:05 am 
100000 CLUB

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Because history shows that these types of players rarely pan out. The league is littered with guys who came in and looked surprisingly good for a few games...and then never were heard from again.

Your team and the Patriots traded those guys for years. We want a late round guy that we can flip.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2022 11:22 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Nas wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Your team and the Patriots traded those guys for years. We want a late round guy that we can flip.

You sound like a Theo/Cubs fan. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2022 11:27 am 

Purdy played well but it is pretty obvious he benefits a great deal from a very effective McCaffrey running game and an uncomplicated yet effective play-action game-plan. I'm not using that as a criticism because he has done it well and its a good game plan, but it isn't like this guy is out there blowing minds with a big down-field passing attack. Its a great strategy and highlights the fact that you don't need to throw for 300+ and 3 TD's a game to be an effective QB.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2022 11:37 am 

Purdy played well but it is pretty obvious he benefits a great deal from a very effective McCaffrey running game and an uncomplicated yet effective play-action game-plan. I'm not using that as a criticism because he has done it well and its a good game plan, but it isn't like this guy is out there blowing minds with a big down-field passing attack. Its a great strategy and highlights the fact that you don't need to throw for 300+ and 3 TD's a game to be an effective QB.

I don't understand the Purdy love. He misled receivers all night and ran play-action most the night. Rolled out a couple times to cut the field in half and scored a TD to Kittle on a gadget play.

Not impressed and they will be one and done in the playoffs unless they go against TB or some other creampuff in that division.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2022 11:44 am 

Juiced wrote:

I don't understand the Purdy love. He misled receivers all night and ran play-action most the night. Rolled out a couple times to cut the field in half and scored a TD to Kittle on a gadget play.

Not impressed and they will be one and done in the playoffs unless they go against TB or some other creampuff in that division.

See I dont completely agree with that - I think a team with a good running game and a good play-action passing game plan can go a long way. He was pretty effective even if he did miss a few throws including that bad should-have-been pick. I think the Niners look pretty formidable.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2022 11:46 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Juiced wrote:

I completely agree he’s bad. He has a great line and one of the better set of skill guys and he was pretty bad most the night. The dropped int could’ve completely changed the game as mentioned earlier.

I don’t think they’re a one and done. They’re too good everywhere but QB in what’s been a very weak NFC.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2022 11:54 am 

The Niners are in a unique position in that they have the supporting cast in place for the most part to allow a non-superstar QB be able to come in and make it work. He just has to avoid turnovers. That McCaffrey trade was a fantastic move for them so far, that guy is fueling that offense.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2022 12:11 pm 
100000 CLUB

The kid didn't look overwhelmed. He didn't have happy feet and he made mostly good decisions with the ball. He did this against a playoff team in a hostile environment.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2022 2:11 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Purdy is off putting.